Author Topic: Ran Quest 2: Dream World Havoc  (Read 70487 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest 2: Dream World Havoc
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 11:41:34 PM »
>Consider our spellcards while speaking, which seems best for dealing with this lot, given their positions and such?
>"There has been a problem, relating to that. The world they inhabit is slowly beginning to encounter problems from their lack of presence. In particular, they themselves are dying, and I get the feeling that the death of the dreamer will not do much good for your circumstances, nor would the effects to our world that follow. In short, it seems your gorging now to starve yourself later."

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »
>Consider our spellcards while speaking, which seems best for dealing with this lot, given their positions and such?
>"There has been a problem, relating to that. The world they inhabit is slowly beginning to encounter problems from their lack of presence. In particular, they themselves are dying, and I get the feeling that the death of the dreamer will not do much good for your circumstances, nor would the effects to our world that follow. In short, it seems your gorging now to starve yourself later."

>Given the positioning, the best would seem "Princess Tenko" as you would manage with that throwing lots of bullets from where you are plus you would be able to teleport outside of the fairy circle with Chen. But that would use 25% of your power and you have 65% allready.
> there's also "Banquet of the 12 general Gods" which would help you attack the fairies with spirits from behind, yet you would stay inside the circle still. That would cost 20%.
>"Fox-Tanuki Youkai Lazer" seems a good idea as well as it would trap the fairies in lazer barrages and they surely can't be as skilled as Reimu and Marisa. 20% too.
>"Fool! I don't need their bodies anymore! I have their souls, that's enough! Their bodies can rot, for what I care! Your precious Gensokyo can die as well!"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
>"You've not really thought this through. When their bodies die, so does the rest. Then it moves on. Then Gensokyo follows in time, and with that...well, you've got to deal with your own issues there. So really, you have their souls for now."
>How much would a good non-spell danmaku spray cost us?

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
>"You've not really thought this through. When their bodies die, so does the rest. Then it moves on. Then Gensokyo follows in time, and with that...well, you've got to deal with your own issues there. So really, you have their souls for now."
>How much would a good non-spell danmaku spray cost us?

>"You are trying to trick me? Pathetic fox!" Thunders strike in the sky.
>Depends on what radius your spray might be. A regular cone-like danmaku would be 3%. a 180 degree cone would be 6% and a full 360 degrees circle danmaku sprawy is 10%. You also have Chen, mind you.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
>"It wouldn't do me much good to trick you, given that it wouldn't be hard for you to do this again, I imagine."

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »
>"It wouldn't do me much good to trick you, given that it wouldn't be hard for you to do this again, I imagine."

>"Their souls have been separated from their bodies in a sufficient way for me. And you two... aren't needed here"
>The fairies rush at you and start shooting danmaku

Mokou Fan

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
>"So.. you are of no mind to settle this peacefully? Well then! Prepare to take on a Shikigami and her Shikigami!"
>Use Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser.

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
>"So.. you are of no mind to settle this peacefully? Well then! Prepare to take on a Shikigami and her Shikigami!"
>Use Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser.

>Magic power level drops to 45%/100%
>You use one of your spellcards. Chen is right beside you as she knows what is going on. On the other hand, the fairies don't. Most of them, if not obliterated by lazers, are trpped between them and mashed to shreds by danmaku.
>The few fairies that actually make through your card alive, are anihilated by Chen with danmaku. pretty badass.
>Yuugen Magan remains unmoved. The card didn't have any affect on her and her eyes, but her army is obliterated.
>"You shall wander this dream land forever!"
>The sky brightens. you see the sun. Yuugen Magan dissapears. It seems you are in a regular sky but above clouds. It's so silent compared to how it was just a second ago

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »
Ugh. Wouldn't have wasted that much power on faeries, myself.

>Take a moment to catch breath.
>Pat Chen on the head, "Excellent job, dear."
>Once we feel sufficiently grounded, try to see if any dream world tricks still work, see if we can will some local foliage to become a nice snack.

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
> Sniff the air. Can we smell any scents?

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 12:50:27 AM »
>Examine the surroundings. Any points of interest surrounding us?
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »
Ugh. Wouldn't have wasted that much power on faeries, myself.

>Take a moment to catch breath.
>Pat Chen on the head, "Excellent job, dear."
>Once we feel sufficiently grounded, try to see if any dream world tricks still work, see if we can will some local foliage to become a nice snack.

>You catch your breath and pat Chen. She purrs with joy
>You decide to land down on the ground, straight below. You indeed land on solid ground, on a field. There's a forest on the west and a vast steppe on south and east. You can see some mountains far beyond the step.
>As you landed, there were some peasents working in the fields, they noticed both of you and ran away north, to a strange looking village.
>You try the dream trick but strangely it doesn't work here. Perhaps this here isn't dream liquid.....

> Sniff the air. Can we smell any scents?
>You can smell smoke and many other different smells comming from the village. They seem regular village scents, you believe.  The wind also carries a smell of the forest west of here.

>Examine the surroundings. Any points of interest surrounding us?

>The forest on the west, the fields you are on and the village north where the peasents ran away after seeing you. The village looks like the most interesting place

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 06:06:58 AM »
>Does this look like Gensokyo at all? If so, do we recognize where we are?

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
>Does this look like Gensokyo at all? If so, do we recognize where we are?

>It doesn't. this land looks rather foreign and unknown to you. Well, in the human village back in Gensokyo peasents didn't run away from you

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
>"Well, it's been awhile since the humans were actually afraid of us. Think we should risk looking into that village, dear?"
>Can we sense Yukari at all?

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
>"Well, it's been awhile since the humans were actually afraid of us. Think we should risk looking into that village, dear?"
>Can we sense Yukari at all?

>"Nyes, Ran-shama" Chen meows.
>Yukari sense aren't tinglinig. Then again, you don't feel Chen either and she is right before you.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 11:40:42 PM »
>"Well, let's be ready for rocks and spearmen, shall we? I expect they're quite afraid and we would rather they not be."
>Take Chen by the hand and approach the village, be prepared to dodge projectiles or have armed people approach.

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 12:03:03 AM »
> Hm, we can't sense Chen? Is our bond of master and shikigami broken?

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »
> Hm, we can't sense Chen? Is our bond of master and shikigami broken?

>You feel your shikigami bond with Chen, but that feeling works only one way- the Master feels the servant. Chen might not feel you. And you don't feel Yukari. But you don't sense Chen's presence.

>"Well, let's be ready for rocks and spearmen, shall we? I expect they're quite afraid and we would rather they not be."
>Take Chen by the hand and approach the village, be prepared to dodge projectiles or have armed people approach.

>Chen takes your hand and you proceed to the village.
>It's surrounded by a wooden wall. Primitive as it is, you haven't seen such a thing a long time. the gates are closed.
>You see archers aiming at you from atop the walls with arrows.
>An old man appears on the walls "Who shalt you be, monsters! Speak, servants of the Devil!"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
>Do we know who this Devil customer is?
>Bow politely. "I am Ran Yakumo, and this is Chen. May we come in please, and find our bearings? We have no intention of causing trouble, I assure you."

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 01:36:16 AM »
>Do we know who this Devil customer is?
>Bow politely. "I am Ran Yakumo, and this is Chen. May we come in please, and find our bearings? We have no intention of causing trouble, I assure you."

>You only heard of Remilai Scarlet, the Scarlet Devil.
>The old man shouts from above, he shakes a golden staff "Ye creatures bare animal traits. Ye be sent here by Satan to curse poor servants of God. Ye shall be exorcised like proper demons! Amen!" And he sprinkles some water with a miniature broom on you.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 01:49:51 AM »
>As youkai, does this attempt at using faith as a weapon actually hurt us?
>If not, frown. "Well, yes we do bear such traits. But I'm afraid I don't know who this Satan person is. Is he the king of a country you are at war with? Regardless, we mean no harm."
>If so, well...react as anyone would one to pain.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:54:56 AM by Purvissimo »

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
>As youkai, does this attempt at using faith as a weapon actually hurt us?
>If not, frown. "Well, yes we do bear such traits. But I'm afraid I don't know who this Satan person is. Is he the king of a country you are at war with? Regardless, we mean no harm."
>If so, well...react as anyone would one to pain.

>No pain at all. it's just some water. no magical value or anything at all. That man doesn't seem like a mage too. And fath itself can't do a thing to you.
>The old man raises his eyebrows "Impossible!, Exorcisms do not work!" and he goes down from the wall inside the city.
>After a moment, the gates open. there's a squad of guards coming towards you slowly. they surround a man, that appears to be in rich clothes.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »
Alright, I was just going with PMISS, which notes that faith drives off youkai nicely. Part of why Shrine Maidens are so effective. I can think of several reasons why it wouldn't have worked here, but just hedging my bets.

>Wipe off the water, and give a bow toward the rich man. "Good day to you, I thank you for coming out to meet me."
>Be ready to move away from those spears, or drag Chen away.

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »
Alright, I was just going with PMISS, which notes that faith drives off youkai nicely. Part of why Shrine Maidens are so effective. I can think of several reasons why it wouldn't have worked here, but just hedging my bets.

That is correct, but this man's faith doesn't affect you at all. Either because this isa dream world, or the concept of youkai and your particular kind is totally unknown to him.

>Wipe off the water, and give a bow toward the rich man. "Good day to you, I thank you for coming out to meet me."
>Be ready to move away from those spears, or drag Chen away.

>You bow and move yourself and Chen on a safe distance from the spears.
>The rich man just looks at you "What do you need from this plain village, eerie travellers?"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
>"To get our bearings, first thing. After that, we'd like some information. As I've said, we mean you no harm."

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
>"To get our bearings, first thing. After that, we'd like some information. As I've said, we mean you no harm."

>"And do you have money to pay for your stay?" he asks. the guards keep a safe distance from you as well

Mokou Fan

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 06:44:53 PM »
>Check: Do we have any money with us?
>If so, show only a partial amount and say, "This is all we have with us. Would it be sufficient enough for a quick stay in your village?
>If not, reply, "We do not have any money to offer, but I hope that you would be generous enough to offer us a quick stay. Again, we mean no harm to any of you."
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »
>No need to keep repeating that we mean no harm that much. It seems suspicious.

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
>Check: Do we have any money with us?
>If so, show only a partial amount and say, "This is all we have with us. Would it be sufficient enough for a quick stay in your village?
>If not, reply, "We do not have any money to offer, but I hope that you would be generous enough to offer us a quick

>You have no money at all with you.
>The man looks at you with suspicion nontheless. "Where do you come from? We never seen demons before. Hell, is it?"

Mokou Fan