Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 6) (Completed)  (Read 60702 times)

Re: Parsee Quest (Part 6)
« Reply #570 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
It's... not a good idea. Like Smok said, the chances of Parsee knowing (and caring) about Aya and Hatate are, at best, infinitesimal. Plus, if the story's published, it's going to do a lot more to insure a lot of people will want a crack at Kikuri than we've already done (we've already told quite a few of the movers and shakers about Kikuri, already). Publishing the paper will only rile people up, not calm the situation down.

So, no go on your idea. The one plus is that you're actually telling us what you have in mind, instead of saying "Oh, I have a plan!".

> Check inside the backpack. This is the one from Alice's house, right?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #571 on: March 17, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »
>"Right, then."
>"How long do you think it'll be before Kikuri wakes up?"

> Konngara shrugs.  "No idea."

>"So I guess she gets to kill a lot of people, indirectly get more killed, ruin literally everyone on the surface's lives, and pretty much get everything she wanted. Seems like a good deal, maybe we oughta give that a go, Yuugi?"

> You ask Yuugi if you should give it a go.
> "When you put it that way, she's getting off pretty easy for it..."

> Check inside the backpack. This is the one from Alice's house, right?

> You check the backpack.  Oh, this is all of the stuff you left at Alice's house.  Looks like Yukari got it for you.
> ...How did she know you had these stuff at Alice's house in the first place?

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #572 on: March 17, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
> Freakin' creepy gap woman...
> Close up the backpack before Yuugi notices the unmentionables.
> "So, what should we do, then? It'd suck for her to get away with all this without at least a rap on the knuckles, but there's no point in just handin' her over to people who'll wanna kill her or worse when we spent so much time tryin' to get her out..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »
Sect sums it up nicely. At best it's saying "Come have a free crack at the most successful incident causer in history" and at worst saying "We're gonna keep the person who fucked up your home and killed your loved ones safe, comfortable, and unpunished."

>We shall have to be careful with what we tell Ran in the future...
>"Especially since...well...a lot of people have lost a lot more than we have, and they're as likely to take matters into their own hands. Not that we couldn't hold 'em off, I guess, but is that really how we want to be interacting with the surface these days?"
>Look up, make sure the moon fallout isn't going to be an issue.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #574 on: March 17, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
Well, that's why I asked about it.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #575 on: March 17, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
> Freakin' creepy gap woman...
> Close up the backpack before Yuugi notices the unmentionables.
> "So, what should we do, then? It'd suck for her to get away with all this without at least a rap on the knuckles, but there's no point in just handin' her over to people who'll wanna kill her or worse when we spent so much time tryin' to get her out..."

>We shall have to be careful with what we tell Ran in the future...
>"Especially since...well...a lot of people have lost a lot more than we have, and they're as likely to take matters into their own hands. Not that we couldn't hold 'em off, I guess, but is that really how we want to be interacting with the surface these days?"
>Look up, make sure the moon fallout isn't going to be an issue.

> Dammit, Yukari.
> You quickly close up the backpack.  DUUUUUUDE
> There's still the issue of what's to be done with Kikuri.  You're going to have to be careful about what you tell Ran, too.  Konngara is silent as usual as you talk.
> "Well...surface-underground relations haven't been the best since the Geyser Incident went down," Yuugi ponders.  "And this'll just make it worse.  We don't wanna start fighting, either."
> You briefly glance up.  The moon isn't there anymore, and Reimu isn't cracking skulls, so it's safe to say that the shards didn't hurt anyone.
> "It took a while to get her out," Konngara says.  "...enough people've died, anyway."
> "Maybe we can hand her over to people who don't want to kill her," Yuugi suggests.  "Someone who wasn't affected by this and would prob'ly have a better idea of how to deal with her."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #576 on: March 17, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »
>"Maybe Satori?"
>Also, Himiko, the fact why don't we have any quests... Yea, why don't we? It's pretty common for last boss stages in games to happen so :P

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #577 on: March 17, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »
>"Maybe Satori?"
>Also, Himiko, the fact why don't we have any quests... Yea, why don't we? It's pretty common for last boss stages in games to happen so :P

> "Ohh, good idea," Yuugi says.  "What d'you think, Konngara?"
> Konngara nods.
> Reimu's awake, Suika's back in Gensokyo, you've knocked Kikuri out of the sky, and you've gotten Yuuka to help Alice; they've pretty much got Marisa's situation covered from there.

> _

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #578 on: March 17, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
> Speaking of Satori, wonder if she ever got Utsuho back.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #579 on: March 17, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
> Speaking of Satori, wonder if she ever got Utsuho back.

> Now that Utsuho has nothing to shoot at, has she been able to go home?

> _

« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
>Perhaps it's time for the extra stage?

« Reply #581 on: March 17, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »
>Which would be Kanako.... But that later.
>"Well then, let's go to Satori."
>Hope Konngara's gonna carry her little critter.
>"Oi, by the way, Konngara, when are you gonna release Sanae and Kogasa?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #582 on: March 17, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
>Perhaps it's time for the extra stage?

>Which would be Kanako.... But that later.
>"Well then, let's go to Satori."
>Hope Konngara's gonna carry her little critter.
>"Oi, by the way, Konngara, when are you gonna release Sanae and Kogasa?"

> You'll deal with Kanako later.  You've done enough for now.
> "'Kay."
> Konngara stands and takes Kikuri in her arms.  As she does so, you ask when she's going to release Sanae and Kogasa.
> "Forgot.  I'll do it later."
> Yuugi stands up shortly after Konngara does.  "Oh, speaking of Sanae, did you let the east side know about 'em?"
> "Yeah, no problems there."

> _

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #583 on: March 18, 2011, 03:12:21 AM »
>Head underground.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #584 on: March 18, 2011, 03:51:13 AM »
>Head underground.
Satori's still with Reimu at the shrine upstairs, I think.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
>Mentally review other people who might deal with Kikuri.
>There's the Moriya Shrine, that would be nicely ironic, and Yasaka would probably know best what to do with another deity. But at the same time, she might be a bit too harsh.
>There's that temple in town, they seem to have good heads on their shoulders and seem to be recognized.
>That lazy princess might be able to do something, and they were most definitely affected by Kikuri harshly...
>Any others?
>"You know...maybe it would be best to gather people together and let them figure out what to do. It's not like the three of you couldn't keep them in line. If people are involved in the process, they'll have less to complain about."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #586 on: March 18, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
Satori's still with Reimu at the shrine upstairs, I think.

>Smack self.

Also, I think I'll be throwing my support behind the 'give her to Byakuren' idea.

« Reply #587 on: March 18, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »
How about  asking Konngara actually what she feels... They're friends, right? An awkward, harsh relationship, yet still friendship. Parsee can have that in mind. Also we hate Kanako. Asking her is really a last among last resorts.

>"So, I got many options in mind except Satori...  But what would you like, Konngara? You wanna see her in the future or somethin'?"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #588 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:38 AM »
Yeah, Kanako was included for completeness' sake. Realistically we'd leave her out of things just for spite if other options presented themselves.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #589 on: March 18, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
>Head underground.

>Smack self.

> Time to head home--no, wait, there's still Kikuri...

>Mentally review other people who might deal with Kikuri.
>There's the Moriya Shrine, that would be nicely ironic, and Yasaka would probably know best what to do with another deity. But at the same time, she might be a bit too harsh.
>There's that temple in town, they seem to have good heads on their shoulders and seem to be recognized.
>That lazy princess might be able to do something, and they were most definitely affected by Kikuri harshly...
>Any others?
>"You know...maybe it would be best to gather people together and let them figure out what to do. It's not like the three of you couldn't keep them in line. If people are involved in the process, they'll have less to complain about."

> You start to mentally go over a list of people who could deal with Kikuri.
> There are two goddesses at the Moriya Shrine, but you think Yasaka would be kind of harsh.
> The temple in the village seemed to have good people.  Nazrin was always eager to go there, too.
> Kaguya might be able to do something, and she was affected badly by this whole incident.
> You try thinking of others.  Yukari already has Lumia, and based on how she was being treated, you're not sure if you want to subject Kikuri to that.  There was also that celestial who came to pick up Tenshi.  Iku, wasn't it?
> "Gathering people together, huh...Suika could do that," Yuugi says.

>"So, I got many options in mind except Satori...  But what would you like, Konngara? You wanna see her in the future or somethin'?"

> You ask Konngara if she'd want to see her in the future.
> Konngara nods.
> "Being able to see her in the future would be nice..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: March 18, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
>"Yeah, good idea with Suika. Where should we gather up at, then? Preferably somewhere without a home field advantage. And...hey, what about the Youkai Sages? They ought to save a say, too. But, I kinda don't know who any of them are."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »
>"Yeah, good idea with Suika. Where should we gather up at, then? Preferably somewhere without a home field advantage. And...hey, what about the Youkai Sages? They ought to save a say, too. But, I kinda don't know who any of them are."

> "Probably the shrine," Konngara says.  "That's where most people end up after incidents."
> You mention the Youkai Sages, and Yuugi and Konngara look at each other.
> "Those guys?" Yuugi asks.  "Who knows where they are?  Dunno if even Suika could gather 'em...it's almost kinda shady."
> "Yeah."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: March 18, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
>"Well, they'll have their chance to show up, won't they?"
>Shrineward!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #593 on: March 18, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »
>"Well, they'll have their chance to show up, won't they?"
>Shrineward!

> "Probably."
> You all head to the shrine.  Reimu and Satori are still sitting on the shrine steps.  Reimu is twirling her hat around on her finger, and Suika reclining on the donation box.
> Upon seeing Kikuri, Reimu leaps up, but Konngara waves her off.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #594 on: March 18, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »
>"Hey, Reimu. Um, can we borrow your shrine for a bit? Kinda want to figure out what to do with Kikuri, and it'd probably be best to ask a lot of the people affected by her. You know, the one princess with the rabbits, the people at the shrine in town, and so on. You too, of course. It'd be best to have a good neutral ground for everyone to gather, and I can't think of anyplace more neutral than this. So, you mind if we do?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
>"Hey, Reimu. Um, can we borrow your shrine for a bit? Kinda want to figure out what to do with Kikuri, and it'd probably be best to ask a lot of the people affected by her. You know, the one princess with the rabbits, the people at the shrine in town, and so on. You too, of course. It'd be best to have a good neutral ground for everyone to gather, and I can't think of anyplace more neutral than this. So, you mind if we do?"

> Reimu listens quietly as you talk, and reequips her hat.
> "...Sure.  There's no tea, though.  And I'll be wearing this hat."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:53 PM »
>"I won't say a word about it, thanks Reimu!"
>Do we know if Suika's gathering abilities?
>If so call out, "Hey Suika! Needs you to help us gather some people, it's important!"
>If not, turn to the Devas and asks, "You said Suika could help with this?"
>Also is Suika dressed normally, or still in those weird clothes?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
>"I won't say a word about it, thanks Reimu!"
>Do we know if Suika's gathering abilities?
>If so call out, "Hey Suika! Needs you to help us gather some people, it's important!"
>If not, turn to the Devas and asks, "You said Suika could help with this?"
>Also is Suika dressed normally, or still in those weird clothes?

> Reimu nods and sits back down.
> You don't know how Suika's powers work, but you do know that gathering is among them.
> Suika glances over.  "Yeaahhh?  Who am I gathering here?"
> She's still wearing those weird clothes.  The only part of her original outfit you recognize, besides the gourd and chains, is her belt.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
>"Um, a few people. You know that lady who runs the shrine in town? Her. And that princess up in the bamboo forest, Kaguya. And, um...Yukari, I suppose. She probably has useful things to say. Oh! And you know that one celestial, Iku? Her too. That should be everyone, right?"
>Ponder for a moment. "Um, you're welcome too, Satori, but...uh...I dunno, is it bad for you when a lot of people are around?

Endboss jamboree! This wondertefforful

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #599 on: March 18, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »
>"Um, a few people. You know that lady who runs the shrine in town? Her. And that princess up in the bamboo forest, Kaguya. And, um...Yukari, I suppose. She probably has useful things to say. Oh! And you know that one celestial, Iku? Her too. That should be everyone, right?"
>Ponder for a moment. "Um, you're welcome too, Satori, but...uh...I dunno, is it bad for you when a lot of people are around?

> You list off the people needed.
> "Those guys, plus Yukari, and Iku.  No problem."  Suika takes a drink from her gourd and dispels herself into mist.
> After a moment of pondering, you ask Satori if she'll be okay with a lot of people around.
> "Um..."  Satori fidgets.  "Well, I'm not very used to it, but..."
> Reimu pats her on the shoulder.  "But there are people you're familiar with here so it's okay, right>"
> Yuugi and Konngara wave at this.

> _