Author Topic: Iku Quest Deka: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54880 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Deka: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »
I would rather not try to integrate Team Brocket with Tenshi given how very alike their attitudes are. Tenshi wants to hurt her, and has said so in her presence. I cannot imagine those two spending extended time together bouncing dialogue off of each other would result in much good.

Yukari is a far more desirable target, and I may very well try to push her in that direction.

As for the "pacifist run", that is due to who the player character is more than anything we wanted to do. Iku's a very important person in Bhavagran society, so she has very high personal standards to maintain. If she acts poorly, it reflects poorly on Bhava-Agra, and could cost them respect (and cost Iku her job).
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #961 on: March 02, 2011, 01:24:09 AM »
I also suggest Kogasa. They live in the same area and their powers compliment each other. You could convince them it would just be for mutual benefit. This also most importantly would keep Shuuei alive while Kogasa takes most of the blame.

I agree with why you're handling Iku so politely. Spell Cards are formalized dueling though and as long as Iku treats a fight as a formal duel I don't see it being dishonorable.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #962 on: March 02, 2011, 01:26:02 AM »
Kogasa and Team Brocket want absolutely nothing to do with each other. Remember the conditions under which we got Team Brocket to let Kogasa's shadow go.

Also I have to admit I don't know for sure what the ultimate plan is for getting Koishi involved. I have a guess, but going to Yukari about power sealing doesn't tie into that guess at all.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

« Reply #963 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »
Let me put it another way, Kogasa isn't as smart as you and you could probably convince her to go for it in spite of having been shadow soul sucked. I'd get Shuuei to meet Yukari before suggesting this during the meeting. I'm not sure about the Koishi thing either.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #964 on: March 02, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »
Kogasa isn't as smart as us, yes, which is part of the problem. She thought she could brute force her way out of shadowland and likely will gladly take a second crack at Team Brocket if given the opportunity.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: March 02, 2011, 01:39:31 AM »
> "All right, fair enough."

>"I wish I had an answer," she says. "Or that you did."

I> Did we ever get a straight answer from Shuuei about why she took Bhava-Agra's shadow in specific?

>Sort of. She seems to have felt she needed it, as she lacks her own."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #966 on: March 02, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »
> "Well, I can think of something else. It might help, it might not, but I figure that the worst that will happen is nothing, so it is worth trying."
> "We have been over the idea of your taking my shadow, and you have stated, in no uncertain terms, that you don't want to do it. Presumably it hurts you that you are running around showing me as much of yourself as you have. May I then guess that you think taking my shadow, which would fix that particular problem, would end up hurting you more?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #967 on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:03 AM »
Also I have to admit I don't know for sure what the ultimate plan is for getting Koishi involved. I have a guess, but going to Yukari about power sealing doesn't tie into that guess at all.

You're probably pretty close. The reason we're talking to Yukari about power-sealing is because Iku doesn't know what the situation is with Koishi. She knows that satori can read minds, and she's wondering what effect Koishi's closing of her eye might have. Remember the initial thought about getting Satori involved? Iku knows Shuuei won't go for that, and is hoping that Koishi, who quite possibly cannot read minds, can do what she needs. Assuming that what she wants to do is even possible in the first place, of course; that's another thing I plan to ask Yukari about.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: March 02, 2011, 01:48:52 AM »
> "Well, I can think of something else. It might help, it might not, but I figure that the worst that will happen is nothing, so it is worth trying."
> "We have been over the idea of your taking my shadow, and you have stated, in no uncertain terms, that you don't want to do it. Presumably it hurts you that you are running around showing me as much of yourself as you have. May I then guess that you think taking my shadow, which would fix that particular problem, would end up hurting you more?"

>"...Maybe," she says after a pause. "I don't know. I'd rather not have to deal with it."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #969 on: March 02, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »
This also assumes Yukari doesn't whack us over the head and ask us to remind her what we promised her earlier. Remember that the memory doesn't go away just because the screwdriver did.

Shadoweh

« Reply #970 on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:14 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but Kogasa's power boost was because of the Spectre wasn't it? That's why I picked her out. If you pitched it well enough I think she'd get over it. You don't have to decide now anyways and it doesn't have to be Kogasa. For Forest of Magic people Alice isn't an attention getter but would Shuuei feel as exposed talking to a doll?

Stop cutting me ;-;

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #971 on: March 02, 2011, 01:53:32 AM »
Kogasa's power boost is because she found The Art of War and started applying it to her techniques.

> Frown.
> "I see. I am not really sure I can proceed with this line of thought with an unsure answer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: March 02, 2011, 01:57:22 AM »
> Frown.
> "I see. I am not really sure I can proceed with this line of thought with an unsure answer."

>"You might as well," she says.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #973 on: March 02, 2011, 02:19:33 AM »
Whoops. :blush: The details blur. I still think it wouldn't hurt to bring up later. I'll go back to lurking for now.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #974 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:57 AM »
This also assumes Yukari doesn't whack us over the head and ask us to remind her what we promised her earlier. Remember that the memory doesn't go away just because the screwdriver did.

I have no intention of spending time in Satori's presence unless absolutely necessary. I'm not worried about the screwdriver; there'll be no reason to think about it. I'm more concerned about Shuuei; Satori could learn about her from our mind, and we promised confidentiality. Any necessary communication with Satori I plan to have in the same manner Shuuei and Yukari are currently communicating, through letters and a messenger (although we'd probably just wait outside the Palace, so travel time would be short).

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #975 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »
> "I would like to, but I am not quite sure how. I had only planned for a 'yes' or a 'no' answer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:50 AM »
> "I would like to, but I am not quite sure how. I had only planned for a 'yes' or a 'no' answer."

>"Oh. I'm sorry."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #977 on: March 02, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
> "It is okay. I suppose I could just continue in a general sense. It would have been a little bit better to do so with specific examples, but it is what it is."
> "I honestly think you worry too much about things out of your control, things you were either forced to do or were going to be subjected to regardless of what you did. Given the situation you were forced into was going to kill you regardless, you did the only thing you could. Is there really shame in choosing not dying over dying if the method you chose was the only one available to you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
> "It is okay. I suppose I could just continue in a general sense. It would have been a little bit better to do so with specific examples, but it is what it is."
> "I honestly think you worry too much about things out of your control, things you were either forced to do or were going to be subjected to regardless of what you did. Given the situation you were forced into was going to kill you regardless, you did the only thing you could. Is there really shame in choosing not dying over dying if the method you chose was the only one available to you?"

>"Would you renounce Bhava-Agra to survive?" she asks.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #979 on: March 02, 2011, 07:18:16 AM »
> "...No, I suppose not. But I would gladly choose death in that situation if it meant not demeaning my people. I care more for them than for myself. It is why I threw myself at you in the first place. I do not mean to offend, but do you have someone like this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: March 02, 2011, 07:21:22 AM »
> "...No, I suppose not. But I would gladly choose death in that situation if it meant not demeaning my people. I care more for them than for myself. It is why I threw myself at you in the first place. I do not mean to offend, but do you have someone like this?"

>"I don't think so," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #981 on: March 02, 2011, 07:34:48 AM »
> How tall is the poltergeist compared to us again?
> How necessary is freedom of leg movement for flying?
> "Then I suppose I must ask the question, again, with no offense intended...after learning what you have, why have you chosen this path, instead of holding to your truth and letting yourself die?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: March 02, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »
> How tall is the poltergeist compared to us again?
> How necessary is freedom of leg movement for flying?
> "Then I suppose I must ask the question, again, with no offense intended...after learning what you have, why have you chosen this path, instead of holding to your truth and letting yourself die?"

>You're quite a bit taller than she is; she comes up to about your shoulder.
>It's not necessary for flight itself, but for keeping balance and maneuvering, it's important.
>"...Hope, I suppose," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #983 on: March 02, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
> Stare at the poltergeist with a thoughtful expression on our face for a couple of seconds, then nod.
> "All right. I think...hmm. I may have another idea, for the potential of getting you places without being seen, just in case we need to do it. Since you demonstrated that entering my shadow is out of the question, I have been trying to come up with an alternate method. It is not an optimal solution, but...how small can you make yourself, if you curl up into a ball?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:17 AM »
> Stare at the poltergeist with a thoughtful expression on our face for a couple of seconds, then nod.
> "All right. I think...hmm. I may have another idea, for the potential of getting you places without being seen, just in case we need to do it. Since you demonstrated that entering my shadow is out of the question, I have been trying to come up with an alternate method. It is not an optimal solution, but...how small can you make yourself, if you curl up into a ball?"

>"Fairly small, I guess," she says, she says, frowning.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #985 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
> "Would you mind demonstrating, so I can get a sense of size for myself?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: March 02, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
> "Would you mind demonstrating, so I can get a sense of size for myself?"

>She gives you kind of an annoyed look, then does so, curling into a fetal position as well as she can while keeping balance on her feet. If you're thinking to sweep her under your skirt, you can probably do so easily.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #987 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »
> "Okay, good. You can stop now, and sorry for asking something like that of you."
> Wait for her to untangle herself from herself.
> "That was good, you can get quite small. I think that I can get you around anywhere you might want or need to go, if...well..."
> Look a bit away from the poltergeist and put on a face to indicate slight unpleasantness.
> "...if you hide under my skirt and cling to my legs."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:36:21 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
> "Okay, good. You can stop now, and sorry for asking something like that of you."
> Wait for her to untangle herself from herself.
> "That was good, you can get quite small. I think that I can get you around anywhere you might want or need to go, if...well..."
> Look a bit away from the poltergeist and put on a face to indicate slight unpleasantness.
> "...if you hide under my skirt and cling to my legs."

>She stands up, and frowns. "I suppose I could do that, if necessary."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #989 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »
> "It is not ideal, but it is the best thing for you that I can think of. Just..."
> Close eyes and grimace.
> "...Please try not to...stare at or...touch anything...personal."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.