Author Topic: Ran Quest! Yakumo chaos  (Read 126840 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest! Yakumo chaos
« Reply #870 on: March 18, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
>"I would like it to be known that Wriggle had precisely nothing to do with any of this, all she did was assist me in bringing Hijiri back here. Please do not direct any displeasure toward her."
>Follow them in.

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #871 on: March 18, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
>"I would like it to be known that Wriggle had precisely nothing to do with any of this, all she did was assist me in bringing Hijiri back here. Please do not direct any displeasure toward her."
>Follow them in.

>You speak and get inside.
>"Shou will be the one to decide this" the anchor girl harshly states. She doesn't seem very nice now.
>As you enter, the manly cloud puts Hijiri down on a futon with utmost care.
>Shou and the girl check her out.
>Behind the anchor girl you see something short, curiously looking what's going on. The thing, or rather a person, has mouse ears.
>Shou kneels next to Byakuren and takes out a weird item that looks like some kind of a lantern or a mini pagoda. it looks like jeweled and very expensive. it's shining with a bright light.
>Shou closes her eyes for a moment and then opens them again.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #872 on: March 18, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »
>"Please take care in how you examine her. She came into this state while examining someone in a similar condition."
>Glance toward Anchors. "And you will show some respect. I am neglecting the wellbeing of someone very important to me to bring Hijiri back to you, rather than tossing her in a ditch and blaming the faeries. I can understand your suspicion toward me, but I will not sit here while you terrorize people that have done nothing but help you."

« Reply #873 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »
>"So, I am as much a victim to this affliction as you are."
>Tell them what we know about this affliction
>Also, ask the new people for their names.

« Reply #874 on: March 18, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
>"Please take care in how you examine her. She came into this state while examining someone in a similar condition."
>Glance toward Anchors. "And you will show some respect. I am neglecting the wellbeing of someone very important to me to bring Hijiri back to you, rather than tossing her in a ditch and blaming the faeries. I can understand your suspicion toward me, but I will not sit here while you terrorize people that have done nothing but help you."
>"So, I am as much a victim to this affliction as you are."
>Tell them what we know about this affliction
>Also, ask the new people for their names.

>As you make your speech, everyone listens and their tense drops lower and lower.
>Anchors sighs and puts her anchor away "I'm Murasa.... yeah, fine. You sound logical"
>And the cloudy girl says "I'm Ichirin and this gentleman is Unzan" she points the cloud. The cloud bows.
>Shou nods and smiles and you have a feeling that smile said "I didn't doubt you"
>Wriggle sits at your feet, trembling "I-I don't understand what's going o-oooooon....." She starts crying.
>"Aw, man..." sailor girl sighs. "Come here" She takes Wriggle delicately. Wriggle intends to make a run for it, but Murasa gently pats her on the head  "Sorry... This Lady is very important to us and we got scared like you now..."
>She raises her head to Shou and you "I'll take care of her and give her some food".
>Shou nods again

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #875 on: March 18, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »
>"As for what happened. Well...I would prefer you all try not to spread this, I would prefer to keep it private. At the same time, you all do deserve full disclosure."
>Presuming there are no objections to keeping it quiet: "My mistress, Yukari, has labored under a similar affliction for several days now. She's become to display symptoms akin to diseases, so I had asked for help from Eientei's medic. She was able to find nothing and confirmed the problem was spiritual in nature. I came earlier, as you probably recall, and ask Hijiri to consider helping me identify the problem. She spent some time with my Mistress, engaging in a form of magic I did not fully understand. In the process, she fell over and ended up as you see now. I brought her back after this. Please, accept my apologies for leading her to this state, I had no idea it would happen."

« Reply #876 on: March 19, 2011, 01:18:51 AM »
>"As for what happened. Well...I would prefer you all try not to spread this, I would prefer to keep it private. At the same time, you all do deserve full disclosure."
>Presuming there are no objections to keeping it quiet: "My mistress, Yukari, has labored under a similar affliction for several days now. She's become to display symptoms akin to diseases, so I had asked for help from Eientei's medic. She was able to find nothing and confirmed the problem was spiritual in nature. I came earlier, as you probably recall, and ask Hijiri to consider helping me identify the problem. She spent some time with my Mistress, engaging in a form of magic I did not fully understand. In the process, she fell over and ended up as you see now. I brought her back after this. Please, accept my apologies for leading her to this state, I had no idea it would happen."

>"Apologies accepted. Do not worry, we shall try to keep this quiet" Shou states.
>"I have looked into lady Hijiri's mind. I believe she did just as well with your Mistress... And somehow got caught by whatever might be in there..."
>"I'm safe, but... I think that's just because I didn't touch your Lady Yukari"
>Ichirin looks worried, she starts nursing Hijiri. Murasa surely overheard you all and took Wriggle away. You hear a faint "This girl is named Nazrin, you can play together"
>"What I've seen, wasn't good..." Shou announces.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #877 on: March 19, 2011, 05:05:39 AM »
>Nod for her to continue.

« Reply #878 on: March 19, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »
>Nod for her to continue.

>You nod and Shou goes on
>"The thing is I... didn't see anything inside. As if she's an empty vessel holding only a part of her soul."
>"I can only guess that your Mistress might be in a same state spiritually. Someone, or rather something, took those souls over, but I can't imagine how...."

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #879 on: March 19, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
>"And, presumably, they are elsewhere?"

« Reply #880 on: March 19, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
>"And, presumably, they are elsewhere?"

>"Elsewhere but in different meanings... Also they are here! But elsewhere as well... Oooh, so complicated" Shou grabs her head.
>"Their souls might be in a different world even"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
>"Hmmm. Are you saying it partially here, and partially...wherever else it may be?"

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #882 on: March 19, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Schrodinger's Cat?

inb4 quantumphysics

« Reply #883 on: March 19, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
>"Hmmm. Are you saying it partially here, and partially...wherever else it may be?"

>"Something like that, but in terms of spirituality. Part of their souls, the one responsible for them to be able to actually do anything more then sleeping, is somewhere else."
>Ichirin stays silent with a troubled look on her face "That doesn't make any sense" she says after a while.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #884 on: March 19, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »
>"..Can that even be repaired?"

« Reply #885 on: March 19, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
>"..Can that even be repaired?"

>"Not even books explain such a paradox" Shou raises her hands
>"We weren't trained for this..." Ichirin sulks

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #886 on: March 19, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
>"Then I expect we'll have to improvise when we find them. More to the point, have you any idea where we could find their pilfered souls?"

« Reply #887 on: March 19, 2011, 07:15:10 PM »
>"Then I expect we'll have to improvise when we find them. More to the point, have you any idea where we could find their pilfered souls?"

>"Like I said, they might even be thrown in a different world or a dimension. I'm going to work on this, uhm.... We need to contact other shrines, but... they might not like us very much. Reimu is one thing but the Moriya view us as a rival church"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #888 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
>"What do the Moriya have that we need?"

« Reply #889 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:18 PM »
>"What do the Moriya have that we need?"

>"A pair of gods and a skilled shrinemaiden" Ichirin says
>"Well, they won't ever help us... there's nothing in it for them" Shou drops her arms "Guess I gonna have to go to the Hakurei Shrine in the morning"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #890 on: March 19, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
>"I...may be able to pull some favors with the Hakurei shrine. In fact, I shall go right now. But, to clarify, do we need both of them, or just one?"

« Reply #891 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »
>"I...may be able to pull some favors with the Hakurei shrine. In fact, I shall go right now. But, to clarify, do we need both of them, or just one?"

>"We have absolutely no idea" Ichirin shrugs. "We don't have this in any book, ya know. at least lady Hijiri didn't grant us such knowledge yet"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #892 on: March 19, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »
>"Well, let's see what we can do about the Hakurei Maiden for now. I'll try to be back soon."
>If there's no objection, head toward the shrine!

« Reply #893 on: March 19, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
>"Well, let's see what we can do about the Hakurei Maiden for now. I'll try to be back soon."
>If there's no objection, head toward the shrine!

>"Well, good luck..."
>You leave.
>Flight or feet? It's about 2-3 AM

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #894 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:18 PM »
>Feet. Need to conserve power.

« Reply #895 on: March 19, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
>Feet. Need to conserve power.

>You take a walk to the Hakurei shrine.
>It passes uneventfully
>You get to the steps of the Hakurei Shrine. The miko isn't there, like she was but a while ago. That's something

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #896 on: March 19, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »
>Take some encouragement from that, and enter the shrine.

« Reply #897 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
>Take some encouragement from that, and enter the shrine.

>This fills your spirit with warmth. You take a deep breath and enter.
>The shrine is silent, dusty and the donation box is empty. no Reimu in sight.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #898 on: March 19, 2011, 11:30:31 PM »
>Invite ourself into the shrine proper, but do keep quite so as not to wake her if she's here.

« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »
>Invite ourself into the shrine proper, but do keep quite so as not to wake her if she's here.

>You enter the shrine. You notice that the miko indeed is, but on the grass between the shrine and the shrine's living quarters, outside. She's down on the ground

Mokou Fan