Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 152349 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #960 on: February 18, 2011, 05:35:58 AM »
PoFV hard 1cc'd with Eiki.

On Match 8 (vs Komachi), after quickly going down to 1/2 life because of stupidity, somehow I managed to hold on all the way through the match until Komachi's life is zeroed.

« Reply #961 on: February 18, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
Also wtf is with people complaining about Marisa's hitbox in SA, it's pretty much negligibly larger.

Idk, all i know is that it makes loleasy stuff impossible to pass for some reason and it makes me crazy! And in UFO i can hardly feel a difference. Sure Reimubox will allow me to make some very wtf dodges but the game is still much less about micrododging than SA is.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
Don't know if this is really an achievement, but I decided to cheat my way through RoHL Lunatic for the lulz and ended up with a rather amusing 41-death clear. Knowing that lives no longer matter really helps to soften the rage when Suika suddenly grows to cover 90% of the screen :V

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »
SWR Hard 1cc with Reimu! It was pretty funny, because I never died all the way up to Tenshi's last spell, Scarlet Weather Rapture. Lost 2 lives on it, and almost a third. That last phase is ridiculous!

Welp, lunatic next, which would make my second lunatic 1cc of that game and in grand total of all of the games. I can't wait! :D
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #964 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:09 AM »
I'm sure I mentioned this a couple of times, but I (usually) really suck at SA. However, with Reimu A, I managed to get to Stage 4 twice! Once when I was seeing how far I can get yesterday and just a few minutes ago.  I was impressed I can actually get to Satori, but I lost my last life at BoWaP =(

*My idiot self decided it was a good idea to run into a laser while I was grazing it.*

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
Finally made it to Yuyuko on hard, and might have made it farther than ghost knives if I hadn't messed up the Prismriver fight (accidentally fought Lyrica instead of Lunasa in part 2 and died twice to her card). Amazingly, only died once (I think) to Youmu after running out of bombs on her last card.

But did I really then have to die to Ageless Obsession? *sigh*

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
SWR Hard 1cc with Reimu! It was pretty funny, because I never died all the way up to Tenshi's last spell, Scarlet Weather Rapture. Lost 2 lives on it, and almost a third. That last phase is ridiculous!

Welp, lunatic next, which would make my second lunatic 1cc of that game and in grand total of all of the games. I can't wait! :D
I usually do the last phase part with Omnidirectional Demon Binding Circle. It's quick and safe and easy.

Finally beat th12 extra with Reimu B and Sanae A. The only one left is Marisa B, which is quite..... unmotivating(if there is such a word).
Signature

« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2011, 11:55:09 PM »
Finally beat th12 extra with Reimu B and Sanae A. The only one left is Marisa B, which is quite..... unmotivating(if there is such a word).
How would you rank the characters from easiest to hardest for the extra?  It's one of the ones I still need, but UFO just destroys me, so I'd rather just do it once with a good shot type.  I have SanaeA cleared right now, but a friend's told me she's a terrible shot, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: Captured PCB of Sumizone for the first time =3.  Only on Normal mode, but it's one of those ones that always has bullets catching me offguard and messing up my captures.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:53:53 AM by chirpy13 »

Udongein

« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
Fairy Wars Extra clear
Just SA and UFO left and I'll have all of the windows Extras done~

« Reply #969 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »
Just cleared Normal with only one continue! *fistpump*
After that I played a bit more though, and did horribly. I guess that's what happens; you accomplish something, get too confident, let your guard down and fail epically.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #970 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:10 AM »
How would you rank the characters from easiest to hardest for the extra?  It's one of the ones I still need, but UFO just destroys me, so I'd rather just do it once with a good shot type.  I have SanaeA cleared right now, but a friend's told me she's a terrible shot, so I'm not sure.

SanaeA is competent for most bosses, given that you can be away from the boss at times and still deal rather good homing damage. Particularly in Green and Rainbow UFOs, where you might not be directly under Nue (and Guerrilla Typhoooooon) . Her bomb lasts awhile and gives full speed movement, and also is a full screen clear and the invulnerability ends right when the bomb stops so it's good for LFO and Nue.

Terrible shots include Marisa B. And MarisaB. But ideally you play the game first with MarisaB, fail, then switch to a not-terrible shot and win on your first try.

Ranking wise~
From easiest to hardest
SanaeB for being able to blow up UFOs almost immediately.
ReimuA for brute force
MarisaA for lasers and being second strongest
Note that the above three are very close to each other in rank.
Then, SanaeA is slightly harder.
ReimuB isn't as horrible as people say she is, but she's not gonna kill quickly (notably, her bomb can deal damage after your invulnerability ends, so it does damage to Nue!)
MarisaB can get shotgun damage during Surprising Slash and Undefined Darkness, maybe, but she's probably dead last.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:32:49 AM by Fast Fanatic »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #971 on: February 20, 2011, 06:13:29 AM »
Just cleared Normal with only one continue! *fistpump*
Normal on what? :V

« Reply #972 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
Ranking wise~
From easiest to hardest
SanaeB for being able to blow up UFOs almost immediately.
ReimuA for brute force
MarisaA for lasers and being second strongest
Note that the above three are very close to each other in rank.
Then, SanaeA is slightly harder.
ReimuB isn't as horrible as people say she is, but she's not gonna kill quickly (notably, her bomb can deal damage after your invulnerability ends, so it does damage to Nue!)
MarisaB can get shotgun damage during Surprising Slash and Undefined Darkness, maybe, but she's probably dead last.
Alrighty, I might try to play through with SanaeB sometime then.  That or just go with A, since I barely made it through the time that I did (last life no bombs).  I swear, UFO is at least twice as hard as the rest of the series - that or I'm just bad at it.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #973 on: February 20, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »
SanaeB makes the Red and Blue UFO cards so easy it's not even funny, and the stage portions do get easier. However, ReimuA and MarisaA do have more damage output which will help with pure dodging cards like Undefined Darkness and Grudge Bow.

I actually think UFO has one of the easier Extra stages, but whatever :V

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #974 on: February 20, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »
Can someone set me a goal to achieve that is within my skill level.
I've cleared hard on PCB and LLS and done all the extras except for MS, SoEW(don't really play to unlock this one), EoSD, SA and GFW.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #975 on: February 20, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »
I actually think UFO has one of the easier Extra stages, but whatever :V

Dunno, for me UFO always has been difficult, if only because of that stupid survival eating up 5 bombs (=2 lives) every time I play.
It's not that I'm just bomb spamming. At least 2 of them are usually death bombs. The 2 bombs per extend doesn't help either.
I also get carried away with trying to collect shiny UFOs in the stage and die to stupid things :V.

Can someone set me a goal to achieve that is within my skill level.
I've cleared hard on PCB and LLS and done all the extras except for MS, SoEW(don't really play to unlock this one), EoSD, SA and GFW.

MoF hard (you can try lunatic, but you actually need to get good at VoWG to afford bomb spamming the game),
IN hard (you can probably do this, given enough practice; it's slightly harder than PCB b/c of less lives and no borders, but at least you can use Border Team to trivialize things and have ridiculously long deathbomb),
EoSD/SA Extra (former gives few lives, latter will take some time to get used to; Koishi's cards really messes with your mind),

J.O.B

« Reply #976 on: February 20, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
EoSD/SA Extra (former gives few lives, latter will take some time to get used to; Koishi's cards really messes with your mind),
My best runs on those Extra stages both end up with me on the final card.
But I've only gotten that far 1-3 times for both.

Also, UFO Extra isn't that hard if you can find a comfortable route throughout the stage.
Nue herself isn't that hard(aside from Grudge Bow and occasionaly Heiankyou).
My stage run usually ends up with me having 3 lives and maybe 1 bomb(normally none though).
I get an extra life before Kogasa, cap her first spell, die on the second after bombing it(can't do it for shit), cap her third(or bomb it) and don't lose a life till Nue.
I also timeout Green UFOs by going to the opposite side of the screen from Nue so that I can destroy more UFOs and make it easier.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #977 on: February 20, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
I swear to god Red UFOs is the easiest thing in the history of ever. You shouldn't need to use SanaeB to capture it.

Though I have yet to try to play through it with ReimuB at 1.xx power.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:36:40 AM by Fast Fanatic »

« Reply #978 on: February 20, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
Normal on what? :V

Ehe now I feel stupid...-facepalm-
EoSD on Reimu A.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #979 on: February 20, 2011, 02:05:13 PM »
Finally beat th12 extra with MarisaB !!!
It went quite better than the other runs, being the highest score on extra.
Captured everything except Guerrilla Typhoon, Nightmare of Heiankyou, and The Bow of Someone.
She does have high shotgun output so the UFOs die more quickly than most others.

Ironically th12 is the only game I haven't beaten Hard mode yet.
What should I do now?
Signature

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #980 on: February 20, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
SA Lunatic 1cc with ReimuB.

Me playing as a different Reimu shottype? What is this heresy? :V

Actually wasn't as hard as I thought, as I just picked this up this morning. I don't expect to do much more with ReimuB though.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #981 on: February 20, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
I swear to god Red UFOs is the easiest thing in the history of ever. You shouldn't need to use SanaeB to capture it.
Yeah it's fairly easy to begin with, but SanaeB makes it absolutely trivial. :V

Ironically th12 is the only game I haven't beaten Hard mode yet.
What should I do now?
UFO Hard of course!

I also timeout Green UFOs by going to the opposite side of the screen from Nue so that I can destroy more UFOs and make it easier.
The green UFOs are static, so it's just a matter of staying within an area that's safe from the lasers and dodging the rather easy bullets. Just try it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:50:46 PM by Nereid »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12412

:o

Perfect Kanako and Utsuho in the same week? Man, that means the only two final bosses left to perfect in Windows are Remilia and Byakuren. And no, that is not going to happen.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2011, 09:56:15 PM »
SA Lunatic 1cc with ReimuC.

Why are all of Reimu's shottypes easier to use than all of Marisa's despite two of the former's being really weak?

Oh yeah, hitboxes. ::)
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #984 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
No.

ReimuB can have really high bomb potential a la MarisaB if you can find a high density pattern to use it on. And it lasts a long time~
ReimuC can concentrate ~40% of her firepower in virtually any direction, unlike MarisaA/B who at best cover the entire screen with only like 10% damage output. And that bomb, and that you can go from 4.00 to 3.xx power without losing potential damage against bosses.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #985 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
It's their shots, not necessarily their bombs, that are weak. And let's face it, you can't just go using multiple bombs on absolutely everything, you'll be using only shots at least some of the time. And my comment is focused more towards the boss fights.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #986 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »
I guess this deserves a post here.

IN Lunatic Youmu no focus 1cc

J.O.B

« Reply #987 on: February 21, 2011, 05:53:34 AM »
IN Border team hard 1cc with 3 lives left :D
First time(that I remember) having max lives by the end of stage three :D :D
Chose Eirin because Kaguya has Hourai Jewel and Eirin has Apollo 13 (which I capped :D)
So Yeah...

« Reply #988 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:50 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12412

:o

Perfect Kanako and Utsuho in the same week? Man, that means the only two final bosses left to perfect in Windows are Remilia and Byakuren. And no, that is not going to happen.

Well... technically you didn't perfect Kaguya and Eirin :V

ark

• みょん
« Reply #989 on: February 21, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
First time(that I remember) having max lives by the end of stage three :D :D
not default starting lives :glare:

Keep at it! :)