Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151637 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #690 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
She is Marisa. Since PCB that hasn't been a good thing.

Except she's the best in UFO BV

« Reply #691 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
Except she's the best in UFO BV

Except that she is not. MarisaA is quite good with her piercing shot and good damage but Sanae destroys her in terms of range and bomb and AFAIK ReimuA has better damage as well as a better bomb. (Marisa's bomb makes her move slowly. That wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't for the UFO system but sadly that system is in place so her bomb is a huge handicap.

And MarisaB is outright horrible.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #692 on: January 03, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
Well, Marisa B and C are pretty useful in MoF (if you use a vsync patch for Marisa bugged and memorize good enough for Marisa C). She`s also rather high-tier in fighting games. And piercing in UFO is quite useful for destroying UFO`s that can`t be shot otherwise. I had much more luck with Reimu A and Sanae A (power/homing and better bombs), but she is at least okay. And in LLS/MS/EoSD she is plain awesome. I agree that Magic Team, MoF Marisa A and Marisa B in PCB/UFO suck hard and in SA none of her options got anything on Reimu A. I never played enough PoFV to say anything about her usefulness there, but she seems pretty nice there as well.

On a side note, I just defeated Koishi again. On a damn first try. Even with stupid derps on last phase of Rose and last non-card, I still had a life with full stock. Actually, fighting her now seems almost...fun.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:23:44 PM by Critz »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #693 on: January 03, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
MoF Lunatic 1cc YouTubed after so long.

Just watch stage 6, MarisaC trivializes it in its entirety so hard.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #694 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »
So just recently I finally 1cc SA with marisaA!  I only died to utsuho like 7 times or something >.>  Yeah but MarisaA+extra is looking pretty bad right now...
2lazy2createbettersig

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #695 on: January 04, 2011, 03:56:33 AM »
So I had a random bout of insanity and decided to play UFO Normal. I then got a perfect Ichirin battle. (Sadly I didn't make the 1cc, though I DID get to Byakuren's final, which is still VERY nice considering I've only 1cc'd UFO Normal like ONCE in the past )

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #696 on: January 04, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »
SA none of her options got anything on Reimu A.

I still can't 1cc normal with Reimu A.
I first beat it with Reimu C, and Marisa A is the one I now use.
Marisa A > Reimu A :dealwithit:

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #697 on: January 04, 2011, 04:50:55 AM »
I still can't 1cc normal with Reimu A.
I first beat it with Reimu C, and Marisa A is the one I now use.
Marisa A > Reimu A
Omg yes! Marisa has 8 bombs and shotgun.  The biggest problem is utsuho imo.  Orin is a catwalk oops I mean a cake walk with marisa.   So yeah Marisa A >Reimu A
2lazy2createbettersig

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #698 on: January 04, 2011, 05:16:27 AM »
I didn't expect to get much done after coming off a short break, but I did capture Rainbow UFOs again, which was cool.

Marisa A < Reimu A
Fixed, for great justice.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

J.O.B

« Reply #699 on: January 04, 2011, 05:21:21 AM »
Reimu C > Marisa A > Marisa C > Reimu A
Fixed for the people who don't agree with my last one.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #700 on: January 04, 2011, 05:25:36 AM »
Huh. SA Normal 1cc. Guess my skills aren't all the way gone after all~ ...Please don't make me 1cc Hard mode nooo it's too mean

J.O.B

« Reply #701 on: January 04, 2011, 05:28:57 AM »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #702 on: January 04, 2011, 05:40:57 AM »
People disagreeing with each other is a fact of life. :V And to demonstrate, I'll fix my last fix:

ReimuA > everyone else

Oh, and don't push ShiningDrake, he can play at whatever pace he wants. SA Normal is tough for a Normal Mode, so congrats to him.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:50 AM »
Oh, and don't push ShiningDrake, he can play at whatever pace he wants. SA Normal is tough for a Normal Mode, so congrats to him.

To be fair, I HAVE done SA Normal before, and I've 1cc'd PCB Lunatic as well. The only reason this was any sort of achievement is because I'm horrendously out of practice.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2011, 05:48:33 AM »
IN Hard 1cc'd, with both Reimu Solo (started with 7 lives since all I wanted was to unlock Blazing Star, but had 4/0 left in stock at end) and Border Team.

Seriously, this game is quite a lot tougher than EoSD and PCB despite the 1 second deathbomb time (although I think my deathbombs are improving - I managed to pull off three true deathbombs rather than Last Spells across the two runs). Oh well, at least now I finally have Profound Danmaku Bounded FIeld unlocked too - shouldn't take me too long to capture it since it's static and all.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #705 on: January 04, 2011, 06:00:51 AM »
ReimuA is stupidly good compared to everyone else in SA. Massive damage, hax bomb, etc.

Anyway, Life Spring Infinity timeout from the bottom. lol

Also, I hate Kaguya's second card. Anyone have any tips for it?

J.O.B

« Reply #706 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:16 AM »
Her bomb is only good for grazing.
It doesn't do enough damage.
For survival she is probably in the bottom two.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #707 on: January 04, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »
Yeah, a good deal of IN's patterns focus a lot more on actually learning the patterns, and I think as a result some of them aren't as well-suited for straight-up dodging. Congrats on getting through it all.

To be fair, I HAVE done SA Normal before, and I've 1cc'd PCB Lunatic as well. The only reason this was any sort of achievement is because I'm horrendously out of practice.
Ah, forgive me. But I do know that feeling. When trying to get back into danmaku, those scattered achievements are great morale boosters.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Also, I hate Kaguya's second card. Anyone have any tips for it?
I think I remember reading somewhere that, aside from the opening phase, the lasers are supposed to be aimed around you. From there, it's simply streaming the blue arrows amidst a field of stars (this can get hairy at times though, especially when the RNG decides to keep the lasers relatively close to you).

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. Dammit man. :V

Her bomb is only good for grazing.
It doesn't do enough damage.
For survival she is probably in the bottom two.
No one's bomb in SA does "enough damage", at least not compared to bombs in other games. ReimuA's bomb still lasts a respectable amount of time (I think ReimuC's is a bit longer, don't remember for sure) and is still quite useful when used properly.

I actually want you to tell me first why ReimuA is bad for survival.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2011, 06:36:21 AM »
SA ReimuA's bomb last a *long* time, which means your regular shot can do lots of damage during the bomb.

As for Buddhist Diamond, the lasers seemed pretty random to me, but I'll go at it some more. Maybe you're right.

edit: Well, I'm having lasers spawn on top of me, so yeah.

edit2: You did give me the idea of just staying as directly under her as possible, which makes it feel easier, so thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:41:54 AM by Nereid »

J.O.B

« Reply #709 on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:34 AM »
I never said she was bad for survival, I just said she wasn't the best for it.
Someone like Marisa C for her bombs or Marisa A for the amount of bombs she can get would be better for survival.
And it says on the wiki that Reimu C's ability to lock her sho directons is invaluable at times.
And Reimu B is a character(true fact!).
I find that the only part of SA that Reimu A comes in handy would be the streaming part of stage 6, but I can handle that easily with other people.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #710 on: January 04, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »
ReimuA is good for survival just because she kills everything so damn fast :V

(and bombs)

J.O.B

« Reply #711 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
With Marisa B you could drop a random bomb(on the boss for more damage) and then shotgun the boss with wood lv.3.
With Reimu A you can't do that cause Reimu has no wood(lol).
I'm the type who bombs alot and I can beat the game with Reimu C because of her bomb powah and I can beat it with Marisa A because of her numerous bombs.
Yet Reimu A......... Nothing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:53:31 AM by J.O.B »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
I never said she was bad for survival, I just said she wasn't the best for it.
Someone like Marisa C for her bombs or Marisa A for the amount of bombs she can get would be better for survival.
And it says on the wiki that Reimu C's ability to lock her sho directons is invaluable at times.
And Reimu B is a character(true fact!).
I find that the only part of SA that Reimu A comes in handy would be the streaming part of stage 6, but I can handle that easily with other people.
So apparently "bottom two" doesn't count as bad?

Marisa's hitbox alone makes her worse than Reimu for survival, bombs or not, because let's face it, you won't be able to bomb through "everything", per se, and you'll need to do some dodging as a result (I think this was intentional on ZUN's part, considering MoF's blatant weakness to bombspamming).

ReimuC's shot is already pretty weak when the options are aligned parallel to Reimu's standard amulet bullets, and it becomes even weaker when you separate the two. Being able to fire in multiple directions might have a few uses during stages, where enemies come from all over, but it's absolutely useless against bosses because they're just one target.

I'm not sure what ReimuB being a "character" has to do with anything. Just because it exists doesn't automatically mean it's good, as ReimuC and all of Marisa's shots have demonstrated. :V And because I know it'll come up sooner or later, I believe ReimuB's auto-collect feature is completely redundant. Just use the Communication Gauge if you want to collect stuff below the PoC.

From a survival perspective, there's really only two places in the whole game where I recommend gapping, though that doesn't mean you can't choose to use it elsewhere in a pinch. But yeah, like Nereid said, ReimuA's greatest strength is, well, her strength. It really is that good.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. This happens a lot when you make a long post, eh? :V

Sounds like you just need to practice more, is all. Once you learn the danmaku, you won't need to bomb as much.

« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2011, 07:50:03 AM »

Says something about PCB.  :) But i'm sure that you can pull of a Hard 1cc of MoF if you have a 1cc of PCB Lunatic.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #714 on: January 04, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
Gave Kaguya a go. No deaths, 2 deathbombs (Buddhist Diamond (damn that card) and third nonspell), and also failed Rising World.

J.O.B

« Reply #715 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
I never said that the bottom two were bad.
I'm not sure what ReimuB being a "character" has to do with anything. Just because it exists doesn't automatically mean it's good.
I never said that Reimu B was good.  I only exclaimed that she is a character(in other words I couldn't think of anything to say about her).
Sounds like you just need to practice more, is all. Once you learn the danmaku, you won't need to bomb as much.
I was going to say something about this but I instantly forgot it(stupid memory).

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #716 on: January 04, 2011, 07:25:19 PM »
Haha oh wauw.

You'll never guess what the Extra boss's last pattern is in Suwako's Jumping Shooting Game.

Sapz go check it out.  :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #717 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
Sure, but I had no idea there was such thing until you just mentioned it. What's the game like?

Hell, maybe make a thread about it if it's cool. :V
Let's fight.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #718 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

Marisa's hitbox alone makes her worse than Reimu for survival, bombs or not, because let's face it, you won't be able to bomb through "everything", per se, and you'll need to do some dodging as a result (I think this was intentional on ZUN's part, considering MoF's blatant weakness to bombspamming).
Yeah this is very true b/c when I tried bombspamming my way through orin I entered stage 6 with not enough power.  And even trying to bomb everything of utsuhos took me from close to max lives to 1 extra life after bombing mostly everything.  anyways back on topic I did beat ufo extra awhile back.  If i remained in position for a sec longer on undefined darkness I probably would have captured it but whatever ill take it. :D
2lazy2createbettersig

ark

• みょん
« Reply #719 on: January 04, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
SA isn't really a bomb spamming game like MoF is, though, since it's a lot less generous with power items.

Oh, last night I captured all of Kaguya's Last Spells in a row. Getting close :D