Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151833 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:39 AM »
This makes Mokou, Suwako, and Flandre [at 90fps]. Ran next?

Imitation is one of the greatest forms of flattery, so consider me flattering you. :blush:

Mokou and Suwako 90fps. I don't have Flandre unlocked, so :V

Neither run is really worth watching... I did cap Suwa War [edit: whatever the hell her last is lol] at 90fps in the Suwacker run though, so I guess it's worth a peek if anybody is interested.

Tried Koishi a few times, apparently I'm not allowed to pass Sub Rose no matter how many lives I go into with, so I'll be stopping for tonight, heh.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:55:48 AM by Naut »

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »
A small accomplishment :3

Perfected stage 1 of TH11 Hard mode (no death, no bomb, all cards captured)

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11524

I can not believe I survived that midboss card >_> that was a crazy one imo

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
Kisume's card is probably the hardest out of all stage 1 midboss cards in the windows games (well, it's the only one that gives any semblence of challenge on Hard, anyways...)

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #573 on: December 23, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
I haven't played Touhou in about a year...
I'm on vacations on my mother's house so I only have my notebook.. Decided to play it a bit =P

I got to Kanako on lunatic on my second try, first try ended in midboss Sanae because I did way too many wrong things.

I haven't 1cc'd any games on Lunatic yet =x

Kanako is so damn easy x_x
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
PCB Stage 4 Lunatic perfect run!

I've had so much progress in PCB lately, it's scaring me. I don't know if Lyrica's opener at max rank is supposed to be static, but even if it is I didn't need to memorize it, per se. The Prismriver's last card was more troublesome than that.

If you want to get technical, this isn't my first NDNBNBB run of the stage, but I hit one bullet during the "end of Border" invincibility period that time. To be on the safe side, I decided not to count it if I could redo the thing within a short span, and thankfully I did.

EDIT: Did... did I just capture the PCB Stage 6 spam for the first time? Yatta!

The run itself was perfect up until Yuyuko's fifth card, where I misjudged a tight dodge. And Resurrection Butterfly was terrible as usual. But finally surviving all of the stage spam is huge for me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:22:10 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #575 on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
hahaha worst 90fps IN Extra clear ever

"90fps. First try. Cleared 0/0. Hilariously, of Mokou's cards I only captured Flying Phoenix, Possessed by Phoenix, and Hourai Doll. :|"

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #576 on: December 24, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
Haha oh man this 90 fps thing is fun!  :]
Did a Phantasm clear with this silliness.

I did not remember anything about the stage so I had to beat Yukari with minimum resources.  :getdown:
Also deathbombed twice lol.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #577 on: December 24, 2010, 01:10:53 AM »
I...still am no closer to perfecting Eirin, and continue to have minimal hope as long as Apollo 13 is the PoS it is, but I think I've mastered Omoikane's Brain, as I can now capture it on a semi-consistent basis even when it throws me a bad wave. Still awful like the rest of the fight, but it's more doable.

But still, Apollo 13 is sooooo bad. Why is it so bad? Tell me why it is so bad.

EDIT: ...Pffffffft, I just stumbled upon a way to slightly increase my survival rate of Apollo 13. I'm not going to even say what it is it's that silly.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:22:37 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #578 on: December 24, 2010, 01:26:12 AM »
I'm really having my doubts that it's siller than peeking up the skirt of a woman who's hundreds of thosuands of years old.

nintendonut888

« Reply #579 on: December 24, 2010, 01:47:02 AM »
Well, it's more feasible. Seriously, go to spell practice and try and do that "safespot" on lunatic. It's possible, sure, but it's nearly impossible.

Fine. The big secret art I've found is...leaning towards the screen. Sure it won't save me from a bad wave that walls you in all directions, but on waves that are survivable it helps to magnify the openings.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #580 on: December 24, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »
Well, it's more feasible. Seriously, go to spell practice and try and do that "safespot" on lunatic. It's possible, sure, but it's nearly impossible.

Fine. The big secret art I've found is...leaning towards the screen. Sure it won't save me from a bad wave that walls you in all directions, but on waves that are survivable it helps to magnify the openings.

Are you playing in fullscreen? :V That is just silly, stop it~

btw, noob question here, LOL.
How do you make Touhou go at 90fps? I really want to join this crazy shit :getdown:

ark

• みょん
« Reply #581 on: December 24, 2010, 03:10:21 AM »
Oh come on, Apollo 13 safespot is easy. :V

About the 90fps, go download the vsync patch, extract vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and vpatch_th08.dll (or whatever is appropriate for your game. important: don't put any other dlls or it will break). Then set the GameFPS to whatever in vpatch.ini.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:12:37 AM by Nereid »

nintendonut888

« Reply #582 on: December 24, 2010, 03:40:38 AM »
Oh come on, Apollo 13 safespot is easy. :V

About the 90fps, go download the vsync patch, extract vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and vpatch_th08.dll (or whatever is appropriate for your game. important: don't put any other dlls or it will break). Then set the GameFPS to whatever in vpatch.ini.

Mind explaining how you do it then? And doing it during practice mode means little, because you're already centered on Eirin, which is one of the hardest parts. Nothing you do will change it being a space just large enough for your hitbox though...

And I think my new technique is bad for my eyes. Or I've been playing too long. Either way, done for tonight. I'm confident I can do it. I just need to stop screwing up at the worst - AAAAAAAAAH ND1B BOMB ON A STUPID TWITCH MISTAKE ON THE FIRST SPELL CARD WHY?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #583 on: December 24, 2010, 04:10:44 AM »
Hm, captured Byakuren's second nonspell on Lunatic for the first time. I need to remember the speed I used to "stream" the lasers.

Also, survived the PCB Stage 6 spam several more times tonight. I now understand exactly what I need to do for MarisaA to have a chance, so the question is sticking to that strategy. And praying, of course.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #584 on: December 24, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
Mind explaining how you do it then? And doing it during practice mode means little, because you're already centered on Eirin, which is one of the hardest parts. Nothing you do will change it being a space just large enough for your hitbox though...

Isn't centering on Eirin the easy part? You do have the enemy marker to guide you.

Anyway, I'm not sure why Apollo 13 is giving you such a headache. The pattern may be tricky, but it's also extremely slow, so you can stare down the card and do a thorough read before deciding what dodges you want to make. Maybe you could post a replay? Here's a demonstration of mine.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #585 on: December 24, 2010, 06:11:08 AM »
Hmm... I do have to admit, playing at 90FPS is the best way to improve your skills in a stage ever.

After my Flandre 90FPS clear, I tried again normal speed, 2D1B. One on Starbow Break because I was too high and got hit from behind, another on QED and a bomb on QED.

Also, Naut, how do you not have Flandre unlocked...? you're too badass and awesome for it not to be.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:12:54 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #586 on: December 24, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »
Also, Naut, how do you not have Flandre unlocked...? you're too badass and awesome for it not to be.

I've unlocked Flandre and beaten her.... does... does that mean I'm better than Naut at something?
Probably the only thing, though..... and for now... :fail:

Right now my hands are shaking, my blood is pumping..... It's the first time I try playing any Touhou game in 90FPS. I tried fighting Mokou, and on my eighth try I got all the way~ to the last moments of Hourai Doll..... I'm still amazed at how...
HARDCORE
...90 FPS can be.....
*shivers*  :ohdear:

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #587 on: December 24, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
It definitely gets you worked up even when you're trying something so easy like PCB or IN Extra.

It's like trying to make your first capture of VoWG, knowing fully well that you can do it... or something like that.

Have I started a trend...?

Also, I've been trying to record my MoF 90FPS extra run for ages but I can't record in fullscreen (don't have fraps). Moreover, the games don't want to actually play in 90FPS unless they're in fullscreen... What I've been doing for EoSD and IN is set the fastforward replays to 90FPS so I could record them in a windowed, but could I make a request for recording my MoF extra clear?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:20:49 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #588 on: December 24, 2010, 07:25:26 AM »
Randomly feel like posting this in here. Just tried EoSD lunatic again and capped Mercury Poison. Not sure if this counts as an amazing feat, though I see many many people that 1cc lunatic that can't cap this one.

I made it look easy too! :derp:

Also, I've been trying to record my MoF 90FPS extra run for ages but I can't record in fullscreen (don't have fraps). Moreover, the games don't want to actually play in 90FPS unless they're in fullscreen... What I've been doing for EoSD and IN is set the fastforward replays to 90FPS so I could record them in a windowed, but could I make a request for recording my MoF extra clear?
I might be able to do that. I'm gonna go try recording MoF with fraps right now and see how it holds up. (I'll try 90 fps too)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:28:37 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ark

• みょん
« Reply #589 on: December 24, 2010, 07:36:45 AM »
Regarding Apollo 13:

I look at the pattern on Eirin's clothes to judge where I need to go horizontally. And then you have plenty of time to adjust your vertical position.

edit: Apparently it's harder than I remembered it to be, so yeah, I recommend dodging it normally.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:09:18 AM by Nereid »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #590 on: December 24, 2010, 07:39:28 AM »
I might be able to do that. I'm gonna go try recording MoF with fraps right now and see how it holds up. (I'll try 90 fps too)
Yep. Just tried. Records beautifully at 90 fps (on extra). It actually seems that it records BETTER at 90 fps. I have no idea why. Though fraps does tend to be a bit stubborn at times. (this is why I re-record over and over until I get something awesome)
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

« Reply #591 on: December 24, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
Oh, maybe I'm making myself unclear: I can capture Apollo 13 fine. I've done it nearly 30 times in spell practice. The problem comes from the lack of consistency. I have a 1/9 capture rate of the card, and it never goes my way in a real run, and never when I've perfected Eirin up until that point. That, along with how arbitrary and dumb the design is, is what makes me rage.

Well whatever, I'm done with this for now. I'm now going to play again until after Christmas, where I'll have two games much more fun than Eirin's fight to distract me.

Also, this is now Eirin's fight theme as far as I'm concerned. This song somehow synchs with the fight and makes it much more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:28:47 AM by nintendonut888 »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #592 on: December 24, 2010, 08:28:37 AM »
Apollo 13 timeout, using safespot. I do not recommend doing this as it took me too many attempts. :V

I used to use the safespot back when I was nub and couldn't read at all.

Doing it legitimately, I think it makes it a bit easier to start higher up when dodging a wave, so you have more time to react/wait for openings. (Remember it's static too, so maybe there's an easy way to dodge each wave.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:37:42 AM by Nereid »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #593 on: December 24, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »
It's static, yes, but you do have to account for the random angles (tbh, at worst you might have like a 2 degree shift as worst) and Eirin's vertical movements.
I remember trying to find a static route to consistently capture Apollo 13 Lunatic...
I managed to get like a 1/3 ratio, but I can't remember it on the top of my head now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #594 on: December 24, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »
Pfft, static? I can tell you it is NOT static, and I have known this long before I began on this horrible nightmare. If it was static then there would be no problem. :[

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #595 on: December 24, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
It'll be really fun when you DO capture it in a real run, only to be killed by Hourai Elixir. But it's not a death, technically. But still a failed card. (face-to-the-screen time!)
TF2 Backpack

ark

• みょん
« Reply #596 on: December 24, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »
OK, captured it twice in two attempts without the safespot, keeping my above note in mind. Remember you only have to dodge two waves (with Yukari anyway).

It's not static? I did not know.

edit: Timeout without safespot. Still took a few attempts.

Also, regarding centring on Eirin for the safespot, using the enemy marker is probably not effective since you need to be within a pixel of the centre of the safespot.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:51:25 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #597 on: December 24, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
I've unlocked Flandre and beaten her.... does... does that mean I'm better than Naut at something?
Probably the only thing, though..... and for now... :fail:

Sorry to ruin it all for you but Naut didn't 1cc stuff like IN, SA or MoF until just recently and he said something about not feeling like playing EoSD and PCB. He probably just never bothered to 1cc those games.

EDIT:

Also Donut. If you are gonna perfect run Eirin, don't do the safe spot. Its unreliable yes and it wouldn't look very impressive in the replay. Good luck with it. And here's hoping for you that you don't fail the final spell when you finally get the hard part of the fight right.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:19:23 AM by Zengeku the Vulture »

nintendonut888

« Reply #598 on: December 24, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

Nereid, thank you.

You just revealed to me my error. I misunderstood when it was said the pattern was static but the angle was random. I somehow thought it meant both the red and blue waves were randomized in angle, but only the starting angle is. This is...still not perfect, but this gives me something to work with to continue my spell card theory. I may be able to break this attack yet!

Oh, and I timed out Apollo 13 just to show I'm not that incompetent. Honestly it's not that much harder than capturing it, since the attack becomes much easier after the first wave.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #599 on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
only current new accomplishment: i beat gpop in a suika mirror match in soku >.>