Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 150691 times)

With how often it happens I should just start going YAIGD almost every time I fail a perfect PCB Extra

It would save me so much time considering how almost every perfect attempt gets ended by the final card.

Edit: failed to timeout the final nonspell and Exiled Doll, but that was pretty much expected

Edit: I HATE failing timeouts with 0 seconds left
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:49:44 PM by Phoenixma »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Learning PCB's Phantasm stage. Trying it with ReimuA's weakweakweak homing attack reminds me how much I hate it, so I switched to SakuyaA. Instant improvement and I lasted like 4 spell cards deeper. Still, lots of DURP.

Also, two bombs spent at the right time are worth some 160 points that I missed out on while learning the extra stage. x_x

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
You shouldn't use Reimuhoming if you're looking for damage output over Sakuyahoming.

However, even ReimuA follows the standards by which you should be able to kill a boss while unfocused, and more importantly, get more than one border over the course of the stage.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
SakuyA's "not targeted at enemies" bomb upsets me
And yet
I've unlocked her Extra :oa

But what's keeping me from Phantasming with her is her movement speed, ultimately.
I was playing with her on Normal and Game Overed on Youmu's (second?) nonspell.
So it looks like I'm stuck with Needle Reimu, until I decide to clear it with Laser Marisa.
Also.
Homing Reimu's damage is suck
Do not use

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
homing reimu is the superior choice always and forever
follow her onto the path of glory

I had a pretty sweet run in IN extra today where I died on Mokou's second nonspell.  That was good.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Charming Siege legit-bullshitted me for the first time in a while (read: bullet walls converged on the very bottom of the screen).

Ah, how I've not missed thee.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10

MTSranger

• =.=
Not entirely, apparently. It just sucks when you're directly underneath the boss.

According to Medifex's analysis...

0:10/0:14/0:20 SakuyaA F
0:10/0:14/0:22 ReimuA F Close
0:11/0:16/0:22 ReimuA UF Close
0:14/0:18/0:20 ReimuA UF Far
n:nn/0:23/0:24 ReimuA F Far

ReimuA is only comparable to SakuyaA when shotgunning (with _all_ streams hitting).

EDIT: watched the video with Alice
Mefidex did the tests with Youmu and Yuyuko, who have larger hitboxes.
SakuyaA misses shots when going against Alice for some reason, that's why ReimuA seemed stronger.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:04:39 AM by jsonchiu »

Tried MoF Lunatic No Bombs again.

Perfect first three stages
Capture Momizi
Die to PostMomizi BS
Die to Saruta Cross
Die to Aya's final nonspell
Die to Peerless Wind God twice
Die to Terukuni
Perfect Stage 5 stage part
Die to Night With Overly Bright Guest Stars
Die to Takeminakata Invocation
Game over on Kanako's opener

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
How did I die to midboss Youmu's nonspells in stage six NORMAL?

for the sake of science, I need to do this. For the sake of my pride, I need to stop.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Oh God don't tell me my keys are sticking again. This is even a new computer! I don't want any technical problems getting in the way of my fun.

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't my keys being wonky, but something else. ::)

Medicine, I hardly know you, but you're already annoying the shit out of me. Your poison fields can burn in the Hell of Blazing Fires.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:38:38 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Medicine, I hardly know you, but you're already annoying the shit out of me. Your poison fields can burn in the Hell of Blazing Fires.

You haven't had a taste of her gas before now? Well, it stinks. Is it in StB or PoFV?

EDIT: Oh and ReimuC in SA sucks. What's that speed boost good for anyway? It only makes timeouts annoying because my general dodging style often involves no-focus dashes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:08:09 AM by Super Zengeku »

Chainsaw Guitar

Circling with the keys is FFFFFFF- I'll never be able to beat Flan at this rate.

Circling with the keys is FFFFFFF- I'll never be able to beat Flan at this rate.

When you say circling i think Maze of Love. You might want to micrododge at the bottom of the screen. It takes a very short amount of time. You might want to at least try it. Its much easier than circling.

MTSranger

• =.=
When you say circling i think Maze of Love. You might want to micrododge at the bottom of the screen. It takes a very short amount of time. You might want to at least try it. Its much easier than circling.
I need 1 planned bomb to beat it by micrododge cuz I can't move accurately enough (Marisa B)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
You haven't had a taste of her gas before now? Well, it stinks. Is it in StB or PoFV?
StB. I heard a little bit about how her poison stuff pretty much breaks PoFV's computer opponents, but I never really found out why until recently.

Speaking of StB, I feel kind of bad for resorting to Youtube videos to find out how some of the cards work. It's a much easier game than DS overall, and although I can count the cards I spoiled on two hands (give or take a few fingers), I think I really should have spent more time on them first.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
SWR Iku is just mean ;-; That one card of hers that makes her invicable, the time you get to hit her is pathetic, and she is so agile when invicable. ;-; I fin dit funny though, that if I beat that card i can beat the rest of the game with little issue, even Scarlet Weather Rhapsody for all Human Kind/Scarlet Weather Rapture. Heck, SWR is such an easy card for me.

You're talking about Ancanthodii of the Thunder Clouds, right? There are some attacks that can cause that shield to go down a lot sooner (on Easy, anyway), and Iku will just keep floating toward you until the time it would have normally run out.

Yukari's 5C is one of the moves that can deplete it if you hit the shield a couple times. I know there's more with other characters, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Again, I'm not sure if it's easy to do on Normal or not.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Ok, I have no idea what "5C" or "236C" or any of that is >.< Where do you people get that stuff from?

Let me see if I can stay coherent...

5C, 236C, and the like are all fighting game terminology for the various moves you can perform. In SWR, the buttons are as follows:

A - melee attacks - the Z key
B - weak danmaku - the X key
C - strong danmaku - the C key
D - dash/flight - the A key
A+B - switch your cards around - the S key
B+C - use a skillcard/spellcard - the D key

As for the numbers, they refer to directional inputs. Assuming you're Player 1/facing to the right:

5A - standing still, pressing Z to attack with melee.
6C - holding the right arrow key and pressing C to attack with strong shots.
2B - crouching, then pressing X to attack with weak shots.

236 is a directional input that requires you to move from the down arrow, to holding both down and right at the same time, then just holding right. ...I'm not sure if that came out clearly or not. :ohdear: Anyhow, in Yukari's case, doing 236C with her default skills would cause her to drop a gravestone from the sky.

Going back to Iku's card, using Yukari's stationary strong shots should allow you to bring down Iku's shield early. ...On Easy, anyway. Does that help?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Ok, that makes sense. But where do the numbers come from? like the 5 in 5C?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
The numpad on the right iirc

Take a look at the right side of your keyboard. Do you see a number pad there? If not, here's a picture illustration, because I can't seem to connect to Imageshack or Tinypic at the moment:

Code: [Select]
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Now imagine the arrow keys in the places of 2, 4, 6, and 8. This would make 2 equivalent to the down arrow, which in SWR makes you crouch. Thus, doing crouching attacks such as 2A/2B/2C means that the down arrow is used.

5 simply means that you don't press any of the arrow keys to use that move.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Ahhhhhhh, thank you :D

I've tried out 236, 623, 421 and 214 danmaku moves with Yukari, I can only pull off the 236, randomly, the others are just refusing to do anything >.< Is timing really THAT key for these?

Yeah, timing is pretty important for those moves. It just takes practice, that's all.

There are also characters with 22B/C moves (Patchy comes to mind); those should be pretty easy to pull off.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Yeah, 22B/Cs are easy enough :) Thank Yukari for that :)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Am I the only person who can last through an entire cloud of bullets only to find myself magnetically drawn to the only remaining bullet on the screen.

Still, made it to Yukari's Ran card for the first time. Again, I think I am magnetically attracted to bullets that would not touch me otherwise, but at least this time I went out with a Ranhug. Best game over I've ever gotten.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Survived Green Eyed Monster the very first time I faced it....

....only to get a game over the second Parsee leaves the screen.  Siiigh OTL

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Ranhug

I call those kicks. She kicks you. Unless her glomp is deadly and suffocates you with her fandom-based mammaries.

Playing Lunatic PCB
and SCUKING HRDA
A game over on Letty's second card? What?
I've 1-credited my way to the Prismrivers before!
Let's play Hard!

*death on Undulation Ray
:V

It's a much easier game than DS overall.

Gibberish.