Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 200026 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2010, 01:49:47 PM »
I can't record with FRAPS or else it goes too slow and doesn't sync
Ctrl+alt+del
set system priority for thlabyrinth to high
?????
PROFIT

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »
Tried it, doesn't like me still. And after going through the settings for Camtasia, I found better ones. Maybe I'll take the video down and redo it.

Edit: Added a newer(Better?) video. Quality still somewhat crappy though. Guess it's just Youtube. Maybe I'll try FRAPs, or use something else to output my videos.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 02:44:48 PM by Axel Ryman »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »
I like your taste in portraits.

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 11:22:50 PM »
I like your taste in portraits. :V *shot*
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2010, 12:49:05 AM »
Considering 5 of them are yours Squid, no surprise  :V

And Parallaxal I saw your comment and agree. While trying to farm Yuugi's stupid item, I saw Ran doing 7k damage with Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser. Then I realize I've been raising her MAG stat the entire time during level ups. Looks like I have a useful attacker now...well when she gets plenty of SP later on.

Time to go through floor 7 so I can hunt on Floor 8.

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2010, 12:50:54 AM »
While trying to farm Yuugi's stupid item, I saw Ran doing 7k damage with Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser. Then I realize I've been raising her MAG stat the entire time during level ups. Looks like I have a useful attacker now...well when she gets plenty of SP later on.
I didn't look at his comment, but I can confirm that Ran makes for a surprisingly good attacker if you build her for MAG instead of defensively.  Soaring En No Ozuna is scary-good with its low delay, too.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »
Yeah, Ran is good when built offensivly :D I build everyone offensivly, so I get great damage results :D

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
That's it, I'm going offense-Ran next time aroudn.

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2010, 09:11:40 PM »
Finally done with 28-29F. Of course, the first levelup after getting the 30F checkpoint has to be the one that gives Mystia enough speed to match the Super Strategists...

And now for the Great Wall of Grinding before I can take on anything on the last floor. I wonder if those Liliths on 27F were actually supposed to give out almost ten times the skill points of all the other enemies there?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2010, 03:53:03 AM »
For Kedamagrammaton, are there any non Nitori/Kaguya/26F/Rumia attackers that can break through its defenses, Master Spark not witholding?  I know I'm taking the first 3 for sure, and thinking about also taking Rumia.

Will build a couple of tanks based around eating Wind/Spirit damage.  Thinking of first two slots as Iku/Meling or Tenshi/Iku

Parallaxal

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2010, 04:10:29 AM »
For Kedamagrammaton, are there any non Nitori/Kaguya/26F/Rumia attackers that can break through its defenses, Master Spark not witholding?  I know I'm taking the first 3 for sure, and thinking about also taking Rumia.

Any good attacker with non-terrible attack formulas should be able to break through after liberal use of ATK/MAG buffs. Flandre, Yuugi, and Patchouli, are all capable, just to name a few.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2010, 05:31:54 AM »
Thanks.
And how does one build Renko, per se?   Mass MND, HP and a side of defense?  Pure HP, mind, defense?  Speed? 

Also, Keine <3

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 05:49:15 AM »
Thanks.
And how does one build Renko, per se?   Mass MND, HP and a side of defense?  Pure HP, mind, defense?  Speed? 

Also, Keine <3

I trick her out pure defensively; her delays are all massive, so speed isn't that useful since you'll be switching her around anyway. Really, she doesn't need a lot besides soaking a hit or two to do her job.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Parallaxal

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2010, 06:32:22 AM »
Thanks.

Back on Team Unappreciated, I focused on mostly just SPD. I wasn't expecting her to get hit during bosses, since I just switch her in and out. Instead, I was building her for clearing floor trash, paralyzing fast enemies with Galaxy Stop. It's more personal preference, though. I think you really can't go wrong with her unless you raise her ATK/MAG/EVA.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:48 AM »
I'm currently building her as a sponge, but I just wanted to know how everyone else was building her.  It seems like none of her stats are really that important to her other than HP and Speed.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q60Ez_G2WFw

Here's Tam's Foe. Should I even bother recording Reisen? I mean it's so...easy. Actually I already recorded it but depending what I can do I might make it better. I am going to add custom music to it though so you won't hear the in-game track. And unfortunately I can't get better quality for Youtube with Camtasia. Parallaxal I'm guessing you record with FRAPS and edit with Sony Vegas right? For some reason I can't render anything in WMV cause I have no templates and other options just make the video about 1gb, and I can't upload that. Or maybe I just need to change what font is used in the game since it does look a bit...awkward with those smallish letters.

Parallaxal

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
Close. I record with FRAPs and edit with Virtualdub.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
Hmm what's the average file size for about 10 minutes of footage? And would you mind sharing your settings with me? I figured VirtualDub would be a good program to use but I don't have much experience with good settings.

Parallaxal

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2010, 05:03:25 PM »
Hmm what's the average file size for about 10 minutes of footage? And would you mind sharing your settings with me? I figured VirtualDub would be a good program to use but I don't have much experience with good settings.

I use Encoding Type: Two-pass, which means I process the video twice. It's under Compression > Configure. The final quality of the video is a lot higher this way, I find. It's very noticable if you've seen my earlier videos compared to my most recent ones. A 10-minute clip is about 600-ish MB after processing this way.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
IIRC a 10 min video of mine is less than 100mb, and the quality is pretty compareable. I use the system as Drake instructs in one of the sticky posts hiding somewhere on these boards.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »
I'll give both a shot and see which I like better. My videos always look fine before Youtube but once it hits Youtube I can barely read any of the text. Depending how it goes, I might upload the Reisen battle. It might just be me but I think I can only get the Getitup V if I defeat Reisen first since the one time I killed her first is the only time I ever got it.

Was also thinking of recording Nitori and Suwako but there's no reason to. Nitori was a bit too easy and Suwako, while moderately difficult, isn't that challenging for me right now. Least it took me only 2 tries to get the Holy Robes.

Now begins the annoying puzzle that is Floors 10 through 12.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2010, 05:49:06 AM »
Yep.  You gotta smash Reisen before her bunnies in order to get her drop.   Paralyze them with Reimu, and wail away with Ghostly Dream Butterfly, Flight of Idaten, and whatever other super powerful single targets you have.

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »
I think the RNG of this game hates me. From grinding on 27F I have gotten a grand total of 13 Dewprisms (drop rate: 2%) so far, but not a single Gurthang (1%) for Nitori... Perhaps I should have actually taken the time to get one from the 21F seal guardian?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
Well, that is a moment when Cheat Engine is awesome :3 You can just give yourself Gurthang's. But if your doing that, you would be better off with a MGL.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:44 AM »
6-7 hours of playing and I get through Floors 10-12...and beat Eintei on my 2nd try. First only screwed up cause I used Little Legion with Alice and Kaguya Buddha Stone Bowl'd. Then I killed Eirin and got nuked.

Wasting all my SKP on Yukari and buffing her MND really paid off.  :V But I barely survived. Had only Yukari, Youmu, and Chen in the end. I'll skip the Reisen, Suwako, and Nitori battles for my videos. Then again I do have the Reisen one uploaded but there's audio problems. I'd show it but I can't use unlisted due to copyright infringement issues on my account.  :V Stupid Googletube.

I was thinking about grinding for a Star of Elendil from Kaguya but I said screw it and went with the Getitup V I got in the video. 30% all stats at a 50% rate compared to w/e Star of Elendil gives at a 5% rate?  Yeah right. Besides I can grind for it later from 17F trash. Now to grind on 14F trash! Come on Blue Saber!

Oh and would anyone care if I use Cheat Engine to increase BP for unused characters just to do extra boss fights like Yuyuko and Orin? Then again sorta ruins the point of the challenge so maybe I shouldn't.

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »
Well, that is a moment when Cheat Engine is awesome :3 You can just give yourself Gurthang's. But if your doing that, you would be better off with a MGL.
That won't be necessary, because I just got one :D That +360% attack bonus fits Nitori quite well.

Also, some of the 30F randoms seems to be becoming doable. I have beaten up Suwako, Orin, Rumia, and Tenshi so far, and gotten Utsuho down to the point when she destroyed my entire party with a single Giga Flare. No drops yet, though.

EDIT: Make that 18F v3 as well. The battle must have glitched out quite badly, though; for whatever reason, he just refused to use any spell other than Form Destruction after his first Form Shift , even when I didn't even have the time to do any damage to him in between... And then his final form went down with a single 800k Blazing Wheel. No idea what happened :V
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 02:50:01 PM by yoshicookiezeus »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
Oh and would anyone care if I use Cheat Engine to increase BP for unused characters just to do extra boss fights like Yuyuko and Orin? Then again sorta ruins the point of the challenge so maybe I shouldn't.

Do it.  I want to see some Yuyu on Yuyu action lol.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »
That won't be necessary, because I just got one :D That +360% attack bonus fits Nitori quite well.

Also, some of the 30F randoms seems to be becoming doable. I have beaten up Suwako, Orin, Rumia, and Tenshi so far, and gotten Utsuho down to the point when she destroyed my entire party with a single Giga Flare. No drops yet, though.

EDIT: Make that 18F v3 as well. The battle must have glitched out quite badly, though; for whatever reason, he just refused to use any spell other than Form Destruction after his first Form Shift , even when I didn't even have the time to do any damage to him in between... And then his final form went down with a single 800k Blazing Wheel. No idea what happened :V

No, that's totally normal for 18f v3. that's why I say he's the 2nd easiest of them all, suwako being the easiest.

Of course suwako takes a bit longer to beat, but she seems incapable of hitting anybody for more than 0 >=P

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
Just added Yuyuko and Yuugi to the list of v3 people defeated. I had the closest win ever against Yuugi: Nitori and Iku were the only ones still standing against the onslaught of Knockout in Three Steps, and a last-ditch Linear Gun wasn't enough to take her out, so I threw in a Thunder Drum Shot from Iku out of desperation.

76k damage.

Which was enough to bring Yuugi down.

:V

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
I wish I had the time to play.  College is eating up a lot of my time :

In other facts - so it is now common consensus none of the characters suck?