Author Topic: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread  (Read 150012 times)

Mysterio006

Re: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »
I've made a video of some random silliness that's happened to me in Hisotensoku over replays that I've saved for a year or so. I don't claim to be good or anything, just hope you guys enjoy watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXvffNeuqQ

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »
I've been messing around with characters and have taken a bit of a liking to Aya. The only thing is I'm a bit clumsy with her at the moment since her projectiles can be a bit wonky to aim sometimes.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »
So far, Remilia has taken her position as my main. I like having a mixture of aggressiveness and mind games. Only problem is, I think 40% of the combos I do with her aren't even practical.

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Anyone know any good combos with Fantasy Orb?  Ever since they changed it so the orbs go behind Reimu before firing I haven't been able to find a single good use for it.

So far, Remilia has taken her position as my main. I like having a mixture of aggressiveness and mind games. Only problem is, I think 40% of the combos I do with her aren't even practical.
A little tip I discovered; though most people do 5AAAAA 2A 2C for her corner combo (2551 damage), you can use 5AAAAA 623C for >2600 (level 0) to ~3200 damage (max level).

Also, really easy, flashy, and effective air-to-air: j8A jC 9D j2C 3D j8A.  ~2400 damage, looks awesome.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:17:12 PM by Esoterica »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
I think Aya might be my new main. I doubt I'm any good with her but it's just a lot of fun to zoom around. I've taken quite a liking to her projectiles too, as wonky as the arcing blades are.

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2010, 02:17:03 AM »
I think Aya might be my new main. I doubt I'm any good with her but it's just a lot of fun to zoom around. I've taken quite a liking to her projectiles too, as wonky as the arcing blades are.
Conveniently for you, I've been planning on making a quick video of some of Aya's basic BNBs. :V

But until I finish that, how about a demonstration of that Utsuho-only combo on Mizuumi?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:07:57 AM by Esoterica »

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2010, 03:58:07 AM »
A little tip I discovered; though most people do 5AAAAA 2A 2C for her corner combo (2551 damage), you can use 5AAAAA 623C for >2600 (level 0) to ~3200 damage (max level).

Also, really easy, flashy, and effective air-to-air: j8A jC 9D j2C 3D j8A.  ~2400 damage, looks awesome.

I've using 5AAAAA 6A 5C 236B(2755 Damage) as my BnB corner combo. Currently practicing that air-to-air combo.

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2010, 04:21:01 AM »
I've using 5AAAAA 6A 5C 236B(2755 Damage) as my BnB corner combo. Currently practicing that air-to-air combo.
...wow, I never knew about that corner combo.  That's only about 5 damage less than the SWR BNB of 5AAAAA 2C j2C 5AA (which does still work, by the way), except way easier to do.  Thanks, I'll have to remember that one :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »
suika and suwako are my mains now. and occasionally i use marisa...

as for suwako, 6A 6B 6C and 8A B are the only combos i know...

anyone in for a match? (if so, meet on ppirc, #shrinemaiden)

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
anyone in for a match? (if so, meet on ppirc, #shrinemaiden)
I'll be available in ~3-4 hours (hopefully).  If you're still on I'd love to play. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
I don't think I saved any replays of my matches with Sercan. Sad. Our last match was really close. Reisen (Me) vs. Suwako (Sercan). Sadly, Sercan triumphed in the end.

Also this helped me determine that I play a pretty good Reisen.  :V

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »
Seems that by some amazing stroke of luck I've managed to get an hour and a half of free time to myself.

If you want to play me, now's the time. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
I did have a replay saved! Got it uploaded to Youtube only to get the stupid audio desync shit they like to do to EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO. I upload.

I am irritate.

Well whatever, here's the video for now. Hopefully I can get a non-stupified one uploaded sometime. YellowYoshi1 (Reisen) vs. Sercan (Suwako).

RAGE EDIT: My friend pointed out that the video freezes for the last 20 seconds of the fight. I fucking hate Youtube right now. >:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:24:22 PM by YellowYoshi »

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »
Woah, I just accidentally discovered an insanely good corner combo for Reimu, even better than that big 5AAA 5B j2B 3D jA 5AAA 5B 623C one that was on Mizuumi since the days of early SWR. :V  Added it to Mizuumi because I can and it's worth learning.

Combo is 5AAA 5B 5C hjc7 jC 66 jA 5AAA 623C for 3350 damage, and is even easier to do than the above combo thanks to the staggered hits on C bullets. :V

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:25 AM »
You should finish that combo with 623B since it works on more characters and also gives you better oki (wut)
And the combo is easier if you do a 6D instead of a 66.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:11:03 AM by Master Bigode »

« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »
You should finish that combo with 623B since it works on more characters and also gives you better oki (wut)
And the combo is easier if you do a 6D instead of a 66.
I personally use the alt.623 Sliding Ascension Kick, so C's the blatant choice for me. :V  You have a point though, I'll keep that in mind.

While we're talking Reimu; Spread Amulet, or Youkai Buster?  Buster seems really weak as of 1.10 (though the resulting knockback on block is sexy), while Spread's damage:proration ratio is really nice, and can be used for staggered hits when comboing into spellcards.  Though, it lacks the usefulness in air-to-air combos that Buster has.

EDIT: Woah, I found a little graphical secret with Fantasy Heaven.  I haven't confirmed it as the cause, but if you light the last orb when inflicting +100% limit, you'll get this giant fancy spell circle:

[attach=1]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:35:15 AM by Esoterica »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »
Woah, I just accidentally discovered an insanely good corner combo for Reimu, even better than that big 5AAA 5B j2B 3D jA 5AAA 5B 623C one that was on Mizuumi since the days of early SWR. :V  Added it to Mizuumi because I can and it's worth learning.

Combo is 5AAA 5B 5C hjc7 jC 66 jA 5AAA 623C for 3350 damage, and is even easier to do than the above combo thanks to the staggered hits on C bullets. :V

I should really find a better corner bnb that I use for Reimu than 5AAA 2B 2C hjc7 jA j6A jB jC.

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
I should really find a better corner bnb that I use for Reimu than 5AAA 2B 2C hjc7 jA j6A jB jC.
I agree, especially considering that doesn't even work due to limit. :V  Dropping the jB to make it work resulted in 2464 damage.

...actually, that's not really bad considering how much Reimu's damage sucks if combos involving bullet-jump-flight-air melee-combo reset aren't included.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:38:46 PM by Esoterica »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2010, 02:37:52 PM »
I agree, especially considering that doesn't even work due to limit. :V

Eh? I always manage to get all of this (unless I whiff at times >.<)

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
Eh? I always manage to get all of this (unless I whiff at times >.<)
2B = 40% limit
2C = 2% per hit (on Sanae, I'm getting three hits) (total: 46%)
j6A = 40% (total; 86%)
jB = 25% (total: 101% after 3 hits; 111% assuming all could hit)
jC = 30% (total: 141%)

Not to mention jB tends to let them tech out after the first or second hit.  Since you have to cancel out of it almost immediately and it does low damage and prorates while also adding limit, it's best to just go straight to jC.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:44:57 PM by Esoterica »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Just gone done watching the tournament uploaded by sibladeko:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sibladeko#grid/user/2D39AC7C6E8AD8F7

I was really cheering for the finals Alice and Marisa, but alas. :( At least the commentary in the upload comments is hilarious.

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
Just gone done watching the tournament uploaded by sibladeko:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sibladeko#grid/user/2D39AC7C6E8AD8F7

I was really cheering for the finals Alice and Marisa, but alas. :( At least the commentary in the upload comments is hilarious.
I lol'd hard at the finals when KamiG teabagged daniel after round 1, then daniel tried to teabag him back after round 2 and did it wrong :V

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2010, 07:40:25 PM »
Anyone know any good combos with Fantasy Orb?  Ever since they changed it so the orbs go behind Reimu before firing I haven't been able to find a single good use for it.
You could try something with Rain Dance, j.5A j.8A j.623B Fantasy Orb or j.5A j.6A j.623B Fantasy Orb does pretty nice damage (Well, for Reimu  :V) and it works well with her j.5A j.8A j.5C air guardcrush sequence.

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
Pachu's 236B/C eats up Okuu's C bullets.   :o

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
That's not all she can eat. :V

You could try something with Rain Dance, j.5A j.8A j.623B Fantasy Orb or j.5A j.6A j.623B Fantasy Orb does pretty nice damage (Well, for Reimu  :V) and it works well with her j.5A j.8A j.5C air guardcrush sequence.
oh god rain dance ew

While I understand that the attack has some great combo potential with Fantasy Orb, there's just so much wrong with it.  For one thing, it's a grazable melee attack, and its damage sucks as well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:46:38 PM by Esoterica »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »

I use it for my corner BnB:
5AAA 2B 2C hjc7 jA j6A jB D (Fantasy Orb)

I don't remember if it whiffs after jB or not, but if it does, just drop jB and resume with the others.

It also works with Fantasy Seal even better. If you manage to catch them on the wall though you can actually just do jA j6A jB D (Fantasy Orb/Seal)

EDIT: Just tested it out. I think the 1.10 patch altered it so jB doesn't work with it, and even if you do take it out, only two orbs hit before she gets knocked.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:49:27 PM by Hartmarco »

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »
By the way, forgot to mention that I did actually find a good combo with it; 66B "Fantasy Orb" hjc7 j2A.  Use Fantasy Orb as the opponent comes down behind you around neck height, and every orb will hit them at once except for a blue one at the bottom, which will fly up and airshot them so you can jump backwards for the j2A.  Does about ~2650 damage.

I use it for my corner BnB:
5AAA 2B 2C hjc7 jA j6A jB D (Fantasy Orb)

I don't remember if it whiffs after jB or not, but if it does, just drop jB and resume with the others.

It also works with Fantasy Seal even better. If you manage to catch them on the wall though you can actually just do jA j6A jB D (Fantasy Orb/Seal)

EDIT: Just tested it out. I think the 1.10 patch altered it so jB doesn't work with it, and even if you do take it out, only two orbs hit before she gets knocked.
5AAA 2B 2C "Orbs of Concealed Light" jA j8A does 3303 damage and costs only one card instead of two or five :V

Unrelated, why doesn't Remilia have any dash attacks if she's still able to do a ground dash?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:22:50 PM by Esoterica »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
It could always do that. Shooting Sun eats up Patchouli's fireballs in turn, however. And an interesting sidenote I found, the Special Parasol (you know, that bullet shield system card) can block Patchy's 236B fireball but not the 236C. Don't know what the difference is to understand why it does this, but that's apparently what happens.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2010, 11:19:52 PM »
By the way, forgot to mention that I did actually find a good combo with it; 66B "Fantasy Orb" hjc7 j2A.  Use Fantasy Orb as the opponent comes down behind you around neck height, and every orb will hit them at once except for a blue one at the bottom, which will fly up and airshot them so you can jump backwards for the j2A.  Does about ~2650 damage.
5AAA 2B 2C "Orbs of Concealed Light" jA j8A does 3303 damage and costs only one card instead of two or five :V

Unrelated, why doesn't Remilia have any dash attacks if she's still able to do a ground dash?

She isn't able to do a ground dash, she does hops. Her dash attacks are her retardedly good aerials.

For Orbs - if I use them, it tends to be off Dial-A in the corner. Only way to combo them is if the enemy's hitbox is essentially touching yours. They're ok for blockstrings too.

They'll be juggled upwards for a (hj.8 j.5A) 8A finisher with limit.

« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »
She isn't able to do a ground dash, she does hops. Her dash attacks are her retardedly good aerials.
[attach=1]

:smug: