Author Topic: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!  (Read 65537 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!
« Reply #870 on: July 31, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »
>Whose voice are we hearing?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #871 on: July 31, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »
>Whose voice are we hearing?

> Sounds like Flandre.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #872 on: July 31, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »
>"It sounds as though Flandre is doing better now. But no, not just your presence, but the presence of as many as you can bring. But, I can understand how there would be difficulties with such..."

« Reply #873 on: August 01, 2011, 06:15:47 AM »
>"This is a good chance to spread the knowledge of the Scarlet power and influence, rather than just weathering the storm in isolation.  Surely, you too disagree with this tournament charade, seeing as it has even affected your realm."

Fightest

« Reply #874 on: August 01, 2011, 05:44:16 PM »
>"It sounds as though Flandre is doing better now. But no, not just your presence, but the presence of as many as you can bring. But, I can understand how there would be difficulties with such..."
>"This is a good chance to spread the knowledge of the Scarlet power and influence, rather than just weathering the storm in isolation.  Surely, you too disagree with this tournament charade, seeing as it has even affected your realm."

> Remilia wonders for a while, idly tracing the rim of her cup with her index finger.
> "I have decided. I will send my head maid with you. Do you hear that, Sakuya dear?"
> "Yes, mistress." The voice comes from just behind you.
> You did not sense her approach.
> Remilia nods at you, smiling.
> "That should do just fine, do you not think, Madam Hieda?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #875 on: August 01, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
I think we should push for a bit more. Youse guys?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #876 on: August 01, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
I think we should push for a bit more. Youse guys?
Sounds good.  It might be for the best if we don't push it too far though.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #877 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:47 AM »
>Meiling?

Fightest

« Reply #878 on: August 02, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
>Meiling?

> Meiling was at her guard post. She waved and smiled at you when you walked past.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #879 on: August 02, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »
>"That would be good, yes. But, are you truly prepared to simply stay here, when you are more of a victim to these events than many? I would imagine that you have complaints that you wish to voice personally."

Fightest

« Reply #880 on: August 02, 2011, 09:34:10 AM »
>"That would be good, yes. But, are you truly prepared to simply stay here, when you are more of a victim to these events than many? I would imagine that you have complaints that you wish to voice personally."

> "Sakuya is given the authority to speak on my behalf. Or are you that adamant I leave poor Flandre alone for the rest of the day?"
> Parser's note: The Parser did think there was something off about Flandre. Vacation is to be blamed.
> "That                                   would
be
                           so
                                                                   awesome!"
> you think you hear coming from behind the door again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #881 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
>There we go.
>Do we know who else is in the house?

Fightest

« Reply #882 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
>There we go.
>Do we know who else is in the house?

> You know that the Scarlet Mansion always has a large staff of maids, and you have heard of a reclusive mage who, for lack of a better word, lairs in the Mansion's library. You have never met her personally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #883 on: August 02, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
>"Let us say that you and your maid left, wouldn't it be possible to put someone else in charge? I recall stories of a magician you have retained, perhaps she would do?"

Fightest

« Reply #884 on: August 02, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
>"Let us say that you and your maid left, wouldn't it be possible to put someone else in charge? I recall stories of a magician you have retained, perhaps she would do?"

> Remilia narrows her eyes in thought.
> "It would not be out of the question. Lady Patchouli is in dire need of some distraction, after all."
> Remilia nods at you.
> "I shall make the arrangements and will join up with you later. Where shall we meet?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #885 on: August 02, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »
>"The village would be fine, I think. We're mostly gathering there. If that is inconvenient, near the base of the mountain would be fine as well."

« Reply #886 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
Do you think we'll be able to get Remillia to let Meiling tag along as well?  Not only is she an able fighter, but we could do Two Fight As One with the real McCoy.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #887 on: August 03, 2011, 06:51:26 AM »
It's next on the list.

Fightest

« Reply #888 on: August 03, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »
>"The village would be fine, I think. We're mostly gathering there. If that is inconvenient, near the base of the mountain would be fine as well."

Do you think we'll be able to get Remillia to let Meiling tag along as well?  Not only is she an able fighter, but we could do Two Fight As One with the real McCoy.

It's next on the list.

> Initiating one-step-ahead algorithms.
> Remilia nods again.
> "I am certain you'll be pleased to hear that I've decided to bring along my gatekeeper as well. It's quite a congregation of troublemakers you've assembled, and goodness forbid they try to heckle me."

« Reply #889 on: August 04, 2011, 07:02:14 AM »
> Initiating one-step-ahead algorithms.
Huzzah Fightest!

>"Thank you Madam Scarlet, your influence will be a boon."
>"And Miss Scarlet, with so much freedom you must remember to be prudent.  Good behavior will serve you well."

Is this scene satisfactorily tied up guys?

Fightest

« Reply #890 on: August 05, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
Is this scene satisfactorily tied up guys?

> Plot Expedition Protocols say Yes.

> Cut to the stillness of the Hakurei Shrine, the silence only interrupted by the rhythmic scratching of broom on stone.
> The Hakurei Shrine Maiden is in her usual garb, meticulously-arranged and spotless, carefully sweeping the courtyard, untiring and implacable.
> She speaks to you without a greeting and without looking in your direction.
> "The next time you come to this Shrine it will be as my opponent in battle. That I can foresee this is a sad reminder of what this land has come to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #891 on: August 05, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
>Let's not take that bait, it's too easy to reverse.
>"Be that as it may, have you seen the paper today?"

Fightest

« Reply #892 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »
>Let's not take that bait, it's too easy to reverse.
>"Be that as it may, have you seen the paper today?"

> "The crow's ramblings interest me little. Be mindful that I do not need a weathervane to see which way the wind blows, and your particular crusade, whilst well-meant and influential to the point that you are starting to remind me of, well, myself, is meaningless against the reality of our situation."
> The Shrine Maiden turns to face you, her eyes cold and distant.
> "And I do not mean this farce of a tournament, either. The one at the top might have some grand designs for you - and it is evident by now that you have the spark - but what has been wrought cannot be undone. You will learn when you get there - I was never much of a storyteller."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #893 on: August 05, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
>"You pay me some very high compliments, and I thank you. And, you say what we are doing is meaningless? Am I correct in inferring you've already tried to handle it on your own?"

« Reply #894 on: August 06, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
>"What do you know about the one at the top?  What other realities of the situation do you know?"

Fightest

« Reply #895 on: August 06, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »
>"You pay me some very high compliments, and I thank you. And, you say what we are doing is meaningless? Am I correct in inferring you've already tried to handle it on your own?"

> "There is nothing to handle, Hieda. There is simply not enough power left in this world to bring about any meaningful change. Oh, your enterprise to end the tournament itself might succeed. We might even have a few peaceful months before the next crisis. You have to understand, however, Hieda, that this world is already dead. It is a lifeless husk, being held together by a few desperate individuals who simply cannot let go."

>"What do you know about the one at the top?  What other realities of the situation do you know?"

> "It would be better if you were told directly by them, but I will indulge some of your curiosity. It is, after all, a travesty that you, the land's lorekeeper, should operate under this pathetic lie of well-being. Come."
> She leads you inside the shrine's main building.
> "No doubt you are aware of the rumours of a world outside this land, a Barrier standing between us to prevent strays from moving across? And that, sometimes, things and people come across, anyway?" she says, her expression mocking.
> The Shrine Maiden's eyes narrow, and a deep hatred contorts her features and anger tinges her voice as she points to the central shrine, a pedestal with various accessories and paraphernalia standing underneath a torii gate.
> "It is a lie. There is nothing beyond that gate. A wondrous world, a great society? That is what this land was - millions of times bigger, millions of times richer. And it was all lost, squandered to foolishness and arrogance. Do you want to know the real reason the Barrier exists? To keep this land from eroding even more. And the "strays" that come through? They contributed to the erosion in the first place. Do you know what the gods and spirits of the land did about this? Nothing. They sat on their domains, playing their petty power struggles while the world around them fell apart at the seams."
> The Shrine Maiden stops to catch her breath, her shoulders heaving up and down, tears of anger and frustration running down her face.
> "We were glorious once."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #896 on: August 06, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »
"And how are we not glorious now?"

Fightest

« Reply #897 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »
"And how are we not glorious now?"

> Parser will assume that is an input.
> The Shrine Maiden composes herself, her expression once again cold.
> "I could cross this land - on foot, end to end - in, perhaps, three days. Before, a woman could spend a lifetime traveling and not see all that the world would have to offer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #898 on: August 07, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
>"So, it is a matter of size?"

Fightest

« Reply #899 on: August 07, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
>"So, it is a matter of size?"

> The Shrine Maiden narrows her eyes.
> "You are in a poor position to mock me, Hieda."
> She turns away and starts to walk back to the centre courtyard.
> "You know where the exit is."
> She resumes her sweeping.