Author Topic: Werewolf Mafia ~ Let the Hunt begin ~ GAME OVER, WOLVES WIN  (Read 52523 times)

Re: Werewolf Mafia ~ Let the Hunt begin - D1
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 05:40:24 AM »
Prody: Do you care to at least, you know, respond to the voteposts that contained questions? <_<

Also, for his post where he simultaneously criticizes Chaore for increasing the length of RVS at the same time he chides Zak for taking things too seriously.
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure the context of what I was criticizing was different for both of those. (Probably wrong wording here, but w/e.)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 05:57:58 AM »
.....the hell kind of response is that, Prody?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 06:05:20 AM »
This is my first experience with Mafia so I have no clue about the abbreviations you are all using.

I based my vote from the very beginning when UK was more of "wanting to live" rather than "defending himself".

It seems things have gotten more serious when I went off to sleep. My vote will stand as it is, but I will change as I see fit to the circumstances.

To be honest, town is likely to benefit over my death.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
Ah, it's been a while since I last played this game. Let's see what I can come up with~

Prody is striking me as super duper derp town. First time player, poorly thought out votes, little in the way of responses to questions and arguments of others, and even supporting his own lynch. The fact that the train against Prody sits at only three votes gives me some hope that MotK town has actually learned a thing or two while I was off in the world of the bar exam. Like cases of derp play I have seen in the past, the case against Prody will be worth revisiting in the future. But not today.

Of the voters currently on Prody, huh what looks by far the worst. This thread is full of short, low/no content posts from him, and I really don't like the way he placed a vote on Prody simply to prod a response from him. This allows him to place a vote without actually needing to have a real reason behind it! Of course, he tries to support the vote by stating that he can't be sure if Prody is derptown or derpscum. But as I said above, Prody's derp and newbness means that his play today is a null tell, and the case against him should only be raised later on. I expect enough from huh what as a player that he should know this.

Oh, and to make matters worse, huh what is the third vote on Prody, which is the perfect place for a scum to sneak on to a potential train unnoticed.

#Vote: huh what. This places huh what at L-2.

Don't have much of a read yet on other players, but here's some food for thought:

- Nobu is bugging me a bit with the lack of content here and here, but his vote for huh what makes me feel a bit better about him for the time being.

- UK is talking a lot without saying much, but she's placed a vote and I really like her avatar so she gets a pass for now.

- Polaris' post here indicates that he no longer feels good about his vote on Prody, but he declines to actually change his vote. This doesn't look good, but I like the case on huh what more for right now.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »
Town is likely to benefit over your death uh what? Are you claiming 3P or something? Dude, what th-- look, I know Mafiers is difficult but you've got to play along here. Like I said last time (Derp :V), Town wants to live, Town must play to survive AND WIN and NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER LET UUS DOOOWN, AND DESEEERT UUUUUUUS!

That said, I can see the case against Huh What and on review there's a good point, but I'm not too hot on putting him at L-1. Keeping my vote here for now while I look where I can better place my vote. And when I get confirmation that damnit, Prody, you may be new but that doesn't mean you should be lynched! What's with newbies always thinking they should be eliminated from play as soon as possible? It's like you don't want to play.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »
This is my first experience with Mafia so I have no clue about the abbreviations you are all using.

I based my vote from the very beginning when UK was more of "wanting to live" rather than "defending herself".

It seems things have gotten more serious when I went off to sleep. My vote will stand as it is, but I will change as I see fit to the circumstances.

...really? Really? You're giving up cause you got a few votes on you?

No. You aren't allowed. Post content. Now.

Bard cut: Well, no, town must play to survive the LYNCH and win. Getting NK'd is fucking AWESOME for townies. Well, more vanilla townies, but still, being NK'd is perfectly acceptable :P.

That said, I'll point out we have about 15 hours left in the day (If I'm counting right. And we all know how GREAT I am at counting hours. That is to say I suck at it. Badly.)
L-1 still isn't a lynch. Anyone hammering too soon will certainly be put under heavy fire. It feels like you're trying to start a counterwagon, to be honest. Granted, I'm not too STRONG in this belief since apparently everyone is scared of L-1, but still, it's something to note.

Admittedly, the way the HW wagon is growing unopposed bugs me, but so far the reasoning on attacking him is not too contrived.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
Town is likely to benefit over your death uh what? Are you claiming 3P or something? Dude, what th-- look, I know Mafiers is difficult but you've got to play along here. Like I said last time (Derp :V), Town wants to live, Town must play to survive AND WIN and NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER LET UUS DOOOWN, AND DESEEERT UUUUUUUS!

That said, I can see the case against Huh What and on review there's a good point, but I'm not too hot on putting him at L-1. Keeping my vote here for now while I look where I can better place my vote. And when I get confirmation that damnit, Prody, you may be new but that doesn't mean you should be lynched! What's with newbies always thinking they should be eliminated from play as soon as possible? It's like you don't want to play.

Given the role madness in this game, I think more information will surface as the game progresses...

I am also playing to WIN. Less on the survive part, but it can't be helped if my role works like a martyr.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »
That's a very interesting softclaim. On the one hand, I want more info to determine what to do with you. On the other, I don't want to give unnecessary info to scum. Quite a quandry...

Bardiche

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2010, 04:30:32 PM »
What is to be expected: Lots of roles (though most are pretty basic, so I dunno if Role Madness applies)

Lots of roles != role madness. Role madness is if you have really weird and/or quirky roles. EH, whatever.

UK: because if I put him at L-1 then that means the lynch is basically "cinched" and the chances of an alternative are low. Also lol @ "you're trying to start a counter-train", I was on Prody before the business with Huh What surfaced.

Prody's done nothing to address the people voting against him and I still want to know why he's so unlikely to move his vote. "WIFOM" means "Wine In Front Of Me" and it generally refers to circular logic that bases itself on itself so it's impossible to discount or credit due to its nature. Scum could do this, but they might do this, which they may do this after all because they anticipate we do this, so if we do this, then-- etc etc. It doesn't work.

Not too fond of UK's "OMG YOU DON'T WANT TO PUT HIM AT L-1, COUNTER-WAGON MAKING?!?!?!" and "on the other hand I'm not too happy how it's growing unopposed :V". Uh, no, if you criticise people of something you stick to it, not flop around like a Magikarp. Willing to believe part of my problem with UK's "I'm not going to do anything until people start talking!" is due to playstyle differences but man, it's inherently lending itself to lurking and then sniping when someone does something, anything, that warrants an attack.

Would prefer UK makes it clear why he's voting Huh What. Fuzzy feelings and gut checks are nice but yeah, it's much too vague and not a solid reason for voting people at all. After sitting around talking about waiting for something real, jumping Huh What with the explanation of warm and fuzzy feelings related to gut and vague ideas about something getting you wrong about his posts, no. Not acceptable.

Not sure about Kefit's accusation re: prodvote, I mean it's completely reasonable to prodvote at first and I disagree with holding it against huhwhat. His case boils down to "low content posts", "prodvote" and "third on the train is SCUM". I dunno, it just feels weak, you know?

But what else feels weak is NeoSerela. Hey, first post on Huh What. Posted at 8:42 PM by my clock, which is top of page 3 but hasn't given us a peep since then, even though last login claims 10 AM today, and it's now past 3 PM. Surely something could've surfaced rather than sit on the jokevote?

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: NeoSerela

As for Huh What, I want to see him respond to his accusers and sort out why he thinks he handled perfectly acceptably. I am not sold on a tunnel vision to a single target unless there's absolutely no one else who looks suspicious, and I am not too happy with NeoSerela lurking away while her jokevote rises to L-2 status.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
Elaborating the counterwagon point: I meant that whoever you voted later would be the counterwagon you might be trying to form. As I said though, it wasn't a strong feeling, just an observation. Interesting you're getting so defensive about it.

Also, I love how supposedly my playstyle lends itself to lurking and sniping when I've probably got the most posts in this game out of all of you. Manz, don't you just HATE it when the facts don't support your conclusions? Shit sucks, yo.

At any rate, my supposed "flopping around" is me thinking things through. For my SOLID THOUGHT, I'm going to stick with 'Huh, why is this wagon going unopposed? Then again, the reasoning is pretty decent so I'll probably stick with it. Oh, by the way, why is Bard so scared of L-1?" If you don't like it...I...honestly don't give a damn. Since, you see, I'm accountable to the town, not some self styled inquisitor. You have no rule over me, so quit acting like you do.

Anyway, you've explained why L-1 worries you. That kind of thinking kinda leads to a vicious cycle IMO, but whatever, it makes sense in this context.

Nextly, I don't give a damn what you find "acceptable" or not. Check your fucking ego.

That said, it's as I said. His response to Prody reads badly. If that's not enough, too bad.

Finally, I fukken love your Serela vote. Good catch ^-^. I tend to miss activity tells because I don't look for them, though they are sometimes valid. Still wanna see more from Huh What but hey, we got ourselves a good start here.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
VOTE COUNT

UncertainKitten ( 2 ): Chaore, Prody, Nobu, Kilgamayan
Prody ( 2 ): Bardiche, Polaris, huh what
huh what ( 5 ): NeoSerela, UncertainKitten, Kilgamayan, Nobu, Kefit
Kilgamayan ( 1 ): Zakeri, Bardiche
Bardiche ( 0 ): Kilgamayan
Chaore ( 0 ): huh what, Nobu
Polaris ( 0 ): Zakeri
Affinity ( 0 ): Chaore
Kefit ( 0 ): Kilgamayan
NeoSerela ( 1 ): Bardiche

Huh What is at L-2

Not Voting: Choja, Affinity

With 13 votes in play, 7 votes are required to hammer.  About 12 hours are left in the day.
Choja and Affinity have been prodded.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:25:01 PM by Moe Moe Sakatchouli »

Bardiche

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
Man, chill UK. I always state things the way I feel about them, it has nothing to do with authority or whatever. I only jokingly referred to myself as such and you're taking it too far. When I find things unacceptable it means I want a better explanation and honestly I can't understand why you'd make such a huge deal about it.

I'd like to be able to say what I don't like about people during Mafia games without getting all ad hominem flung back at me, okay? >_> It made me request a Mod Kill the other time and I don't want to do it again but it's annoying.

Most your posts aren't really high in content. Active lurking is when you post a lot but never say anything useful. This, I hold against you as I would hold it against anyone else. Seriously, it doesn't need the hostility.

Now, can we just play this game without the aggressive attacks because I'm not up for Round 2 of that. >_>

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2010, 05:44:38 PM »
Funny, I wasn't really that aggressive against you. If anyone was aggressive, it was you, and I correctly called you out on it. If you can't stand the heat, then don't bring it to the table.

I hardly ad hommed you, I merely made a request in a strong manner that you stop trying to act as if your the authority on WHAT IS PRO TOWN and assume that EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS RIGHT.

Cause it isn't.

Further, I'd like you to make a breakdown of my noise to content posts so I can see what you consider "low content", or if you're just making stuff up for some strange reason ^-^.

Bardiche

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
... RIght, so I feel you were aggressive and the reverse. This is just a repeat of the first game here, and honestly it's just making me regret signing up. It always turns into some tug-of-war here and I honestly don't know why you insist on it.

You're acting as if you're right just as much as I am, which is a good quality in all town as far as I'm concerned because the only one you can trust is yourself. I... fail to see what's so bad about it. Second-guessing myself on what I say and thinking what I feel are scum tells is wrong just... doesn't help any bit to me. Why should I take others' words for it? I'll prod whoever doesn't act in a pro-town way to me, I can't wonder what everyone else's views of pro-town are. >_>

For the sake of completion, Page 2 your only worthwhile post is the one prodding Zakeri about his "Let's get srs guys". The rest is just saying you've not seen anything scummy yet and defending against a jokevote. Page 3 is something about Huh What being right but then not completely, your vote for him for vague reasons and the explanation you can't explain those reasons. And Page 4 is this business.

That's a lot of posts, but most of them fall back to telling little and they're not really useful. That falls under active lurking for me.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
Not acceptable ^-^.

Please link every post and tell me what's right or wrong with them. Because I think you're being very cavalier about lack of content since it suits you.

And it's fine to assume you're right, but your tones were just really fucking hostile. To be fair, I actually toned down my response post, that was how stupidly unnecessarily hostile your language was.

I don't WANT to get in a tug of war with you. But you AREN'T going to get away with playing the victim here. We're both at fault.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
Hmm...in the spirit of compromise though I'll try to tone it down FURTHER, if you'll try to not piss me off, k ^-^?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Ouch, Sakana, that hurt.

Wait, huh what is at L-2? What's going on?

Sorry if I have zero content, but I just checked here right now. I'll get some quickly though, so don't worry!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »
Have you read the game at all, Choja? Or are you catching up now? If you have read the game, could you at least ask more specific questions about why HW?

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
gahhh you people post too much, there were like 6 new posts while I was writing this

Uh, first of all, I'd like to point out the Prody... didn' t actually answer my question. <_< He clarified his vote but didn't really do anything else. Still want to see something about that. Either way, I'm going to ##Unvote, since now that he's posted more I pretty much have a derptown read on him now. This doesn't excuse him ignoring me, though.

About Serela... I'd like to point out that Serela was on the online list like all day yesterday without actually doing anything at all, so yeah, it is incredibly likely he was lurking. Still, I'd rather not move my vote to him because using a vote to prod a lurker during D1 is kind of silly imo, especially when somebody else is already doing so.

As for Huh What, I want to see him respond to his accusers and sort out why he thinks he handled perfectly acceptably.
Yeah, sure.

As for my own wagon...

@ UK: There isn't really much defend myself in regards to this since it's mainly gut. :x All I can really say is I thought that Prody bringing up the possibility of a "townie superweapon" was completely unnessecary at this stage and looked really awkward to me (like, subliminal rolefishing awkward idk) when I read his post so I brought it up.

@ Kilga: Er, why was the argument that big of a deal? I felt it was mildly hypocritical of Nobu to say that he didn't see how discussion could come from jokeposts, then make a bunch of jokeposts himself. I suppose I could have stopped dragging it on when he said "because it's better than lurking?", but I don't see how what I did was actually scummy as much as just kinda unnessecary.

@ Nobu: See above, and I already said that the hypocrisy you pointed out wasn't really hypocrisy due to the different circumstances of the two things I was accusing. Don't really like this jump, his new point looks like padding for a vote that otherwise is just what other people said, which makes it feel sorta like he's trying to trip me up over small things.

@ Kefit: Not really feeling that great about this either. Also not sure why he thinks my vote was "simply to prod a response from (Prody)", I already did say he looked mildly suspicious for other reasons, but if I had gone over them I'd really just be parroting Bard. Might not have explained that very well at all in previous posts, but still. I'm assuming the active lurking accusation mainly involves the "argument" with Nobu, which I already tried to explain myself on. I'm not gonna lie, the "lolthirdvote" accusation seems blatantly tacked on to make the case look like it has more to it than there really is. If it's being used as a scumtell, then uh, how does being the third vote allow scum to sneak on unnoticed at all? I really don't agree with using the third vote as a scumtell since in the end it's just going to boil down to wifom over whether scum would want to jump on as third as a wagon or not because of its existance. Seems entirely pointless to me.

In terms of scum intent, though, I... don't really feel that bad about the people on my wagon, despite not agreeing with their reasoning. Nobu seems the worst to me though, maybe Kefit too, idk. I'd rather go with Nobu though, he hasn't been hot on content aside from his vote on me, and even then I feel his vote is a weak wagon jump that uses a minor contradiction in my post (which wasn't actually a contradiction <_<) to make it seem like he's not just parroting the other two people who had voted me at that time. Kefit at least contributed aside from his vote on me (ie, what he pointed out about Polaris).

##Vote Nobu
I can't think of anybody else who looks suspicious to me at this point. Perhaps Serela, but I'd rather not jump on him for the reasons I already said. I wanna see something for Chaore too, since he kind of disappeared after everything got srs.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
I really, really do not wish to elaborate more than I already have in fear of giving out information, but I think I already gave out too much already anyway.

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
How would answering my question give away information about your role at all?

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
Oh wait.

Assuming my assumption about your role is correct, I think I understand why. Nevermind then.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
That's it! I think what bugged me is that you yourself were accusing Prody of a subtle rolefish and I thought you were doing a subtle rolefish yourself!

So it's kinda worse because you have added hypocrisy...

Anyway, HW, why do you have to vote someone who's on your wagon?

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Uh, how was I doing a subtle rolefish myself? I don't get it. :x Unless you mean by simply continuing to bring it up I'm adding to it, in which case hurrr I did not think about that while posting my post.

I never said (or even implied) I had to? If you're wondering why I'm looking for scum there, then uh, it makes sense for there to be scum on my wagon at this point considering I have four votes (five counting Serela's jokevote) around halfway into D1, and the other people who have posted that aren't on my wagon (Bard and Polaris, unless I'm forgetting somebody) haven't really raised any suspicion from me as is.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:01 PM »
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: NeoSerela

Neo just seems MORE likely to be scum at this point. I'll see what he says.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
Fuck the Quadratic equation. I mean sorry about kind of disappearing there last night.

Oh. So Prody is me. This explains a lot. Yeah I'm throwing him for derptown.

And... Huh, what? We've already at L-2 on someone? And it's... Oh. D1 Mafioso again.

@UncertainKitten: So yeah, got anything other than 'Screw it, He could be scum I'll just wait and see?' You didn't give Bard an answer to that, after all.

@Kilga: I'd say D1 excuses it but- JUST the Nobu section? That's it, Nothing else? That's plain unusual. And kind of lazy as you can just scroll up to see it and consider it a good reason. Interesting.

@Nobu: 'Expanding' but similarly just 'Oh I like what Kilga said lemme vote with him.' Again, I should be saying D1, Don't think too hard but... Yeah I don't really like that jump on.

@Kefit: Probably the most reasonable, Given Prody is an easy mark, claiming Huhwhat went in after it (Even if it's using the third on wagon fallacy) is completely reasonable. But if I have one thing I don't like, It's the fact that this came up at the -L-2- vote.

Oh and Neo is still on from a jokevote. So it's inflated a whole member thanks to him being lazy. Get your ass in here you lazy text-adventure host.

Also- Way I see it, ##Unvote, ##Vote: Nobu. Kilgamayan and Kefit Trailing. Kilgamayan has priority over Kefit for having a worse case, but unless I want to say he set the wagon up and get into conspiracies- I'm going to go for Nobu based on the fact his post is more likely to be a lazy scum hop onto a potential wagon, And Kilga seems more likely to be trying to start discussion and an actual case from relatively little like bard suggested- Given he could've done this with more, but that doesn't convict him.

@CutHW: Fuck the Quadratic equation. Also trying to write this post and retyping it for about...three hours now? Holy shit.

@CutPrody: ...*Desk* Fuck. It's Zentillion all over again. Is it too soon to call outs?

Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. ...yeah, 3 hours alright.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »
@Rou: Who could be scum? HW? Well, he could be scum. I'm voting him. Serela? I like HW slightly more still.

@HW: What makes you so sure there's a scum on your wagon?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
...i'm not rou.

So I'll take it as 'Nope, Still gut'. Alright then.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Derp, Chaore then.

And no, not still gut. I feel HW was rolefishan, in a hypocritical way.

Pay attention please ^-^.

Serela I don't like the supposedly being around but not active, though HW's testimony about Serela mitigates that a little.

Though...I could have sworn he was on #meido yesterday...could be wrong.

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
Oh hey, I'm not the only one who mixes the librarians up.

As a townie with 4-5 votes on me, it makes a lot of sense for there to be at least one scum on me, especially since my wagon came up sort of fast imo. What exactly is wrong with me looking at my wagon for scum? I already said that the two semi-active people off of it looked fine to me at the time, so.

Also wow I did not realize there were only 12 or so hours left. Aren't we still waiting for something from Affinity, Zakeri and Serela? I'd also like to know if Polaris' stance on Prody has changed at all.