Author Topic: Maribel Quest More - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 68183 times)

Re: Maribel Quest More - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: September 06, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
>"Well, if I became a youkai, and you couldn't, well...."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: September 06, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
>"Well, if I became a youkai, and you couldn't, well...."

>"Oh," says Renko, frowning. "I...yeah, that could be a problem. But, didn't you say I could do it, too?"

>_

« Reply #932 on: September 06, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »
>"Well, that isn't up to me, I'm afraid. I... didn't end up speaking to Byakuren again last night. I think I had too much on my mind after talking to some other people. I... may have been rushing into this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: September 06, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
>"Well, that isn't up to me, I'm afraid. I... didn't end up speaking to Byakuren again last night. I think I had too much on my mind after talking to some other people. I... may have been rushing into this."

>She takes your hand into both of hers and gives it a squeeze. "Well, I still mean what I said, I'll stand by you whatever you decide, and follow if I can."

>_

« Reply #934 on: September 06, 2010, 08:40:45 PM »
>"Thanks, Renko."
>Give her a hug
>"Maybe after all this is over, it'll be worth giving some more thought to."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #935 on: September 06, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
>Squeeze back.
>"I know. Thank you, Renko."
>"But I don't think it would've been fair of me to make that decision for you last night... I want to be able to protect you if things go wrong today, but to rush into that... I realized it was too much. Later, though... well, we'll have to think about it."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: September 06, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
>"Thanks, Renko."
>Give her a hug
>"Maybe after all this is over, it'll be worth giving some more thought to."

>Squeeze back.
>"I know. Thank you, Renko."
>"But I don't think it would've been fair of me to make that decision for you last night... I want to be able to protect you if things go wrong today, but to rush into that... I realized it was too much. Later, though... well, we'll have to think about it."

>You express your appreciation for Renko through word and deed. She returns it with a smile.
>"I'm glad you want to do that, and it's good you didn't want to get me into anything without my thoughts on it, but I've told you how I feel. But if you need to talk about anything else, I'm right here.
>"And, while I'm thinking about it, what've you got  planned for the day?"

>_

« Reply #937 on: September 06, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
>"Well, I've got to go pick up something from Marisa that she was whipping up for me last night. After that, I don't think I really have any plans except to watch your plan in motion and make sure that no one tries to spoil it."
>"After that, well... I suppose that depends on how everyone involved takes the whole thing."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #938 on: September 06, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
> "Though I guess I'm still waiting to hear from Sanae, if Kanako has found Koishi again yet."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
>"Well, I've got to go pick up something from Marisa that she was whipping up for me last night. After that, I don't think I really have any plans except to watch your plan in motion and make sure that no one tries to spoil it."
>"After that, well... I suppose that depends on how everyone involved takes the whole thing."

>"Something she's whipping up? A bit of a surprise, then? And, I'm glad I got you at my back. It's why I'm not too worried about Alice now."

> "Though I guess I'm still waiting to hear from Sanae, if Kanako has found Koishi again yet."

>"Oh, right, you said something about that yesterday, didn't you?"

>_

« Reply #940 on: September 06, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
>"Don't worry, I'll be keeping an eye out for Alice, I can promise you. Hopefully she's content to leave well enough alone at this point."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: September 06, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
>"Don't worry, I'll be keeping an eye out for Alice, I can promise you. Hopefully she's content to leave well enough alone at this point."

>She nods. "Me too."
>Renko then gives you another kiss. "Time to get the army ready to go. And breakfast. You can rest in here just as long as you want in the meantime."

>_

« Reply #942 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
>"How long do you think it'll take before you guys are ready to go?"
>How long will it take to get to Marisa's and back, assuming a short stopover there?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #943 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
>"Actually, now that I think of it, Marisa asked me to bring some breakfast for her if I could. Think we could spare a little bit more for her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
>"How long do you think it'll take before you guys are ready to go?"
>How long will it take to get to Marisa's and back, assuming a short stopover there?

>"Well, I'm going to need to make sure everyone's fed. Then go over final plans, and some formation stuff. Probably a couple more drills. It'll be a couple hours at least."
>Not a couple hours, that's for certain.

>"Actually, now that I think of it, Marisa asked me to bring some breakfast for her if I could. Think we could spare a little bit more for her?"

>"Oh, probably," says Renko.

>_

« Reply #945 on: September 06, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
>"Ah, well, if you're going to be a couple more hours, maybe I'll just rest here for a bit in the meantime."
>We still feel we could use some more sleep, correct?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #946 on: September 06, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
>"Ah, well, if you're going to be a couple more hours, maybe I'll just rest here for a bit in the meantime."
>We still feel we could use some more sleep, correct?

>"Alright," says Renko. "Just let me know before you leave."
>You don't really need more sleep, you're just feeling a little too lazy to get up just yet. Though more sleep might be welcome.

>_

« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:51 PM »
>"Ok. I mightn't get back to sleep, but if I do, make sure to wake me in enough time to get my errands done before the battle, ok?"
>Be lazy for a little bit

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
Is being lazy really worth it without a Renko to cuddle in the meantime =(

« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »
Hey, beds are still nice when you're tired, even if there's no one in them but yourself

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
>"Ok. I mightn't get back to sleep, but if I do, make sure to wake me in enough time to get my errands done before the battle, ok?"
>Be lazy for a little bit

>"Rest up, love," says Renko, as she leaves the tent.
>You laze around a bit. The loss of Renko as a sleeping companion is a bit sad, but this is offset by having the futon to yourself. You think you drift off for a few moments once, but eventually you feel rested enough that it's time to move on. You can hear a fair deal of activity outside in the meantime.

>_

« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
>Get up and have a look around

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
>Get up.
>Stretch.
>Assess current condition.

>Inventory
>Quests
>Rape nearest fairy

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: September 06, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »
>Get up and have a look around
>Get up.
>Stretch.
>Assess current condition.

>Inventory
>Quests
>Rape nearest fairy

>You get up and have a nice stretch. This is vastly preferable to waking up in mysterious mansions with no idea where you are.
>You assess your condition. You kind of need cleaned up and a change of clothes, but otherwise you are fine.
>Looking outside the teepee, you can see the faeries are milling about, talking, having breakfast, and playing around. You have the suspicion there is a high chance of a food fight. You can see Renko near the center of it all, her height making her distinctive among the crowd.
>Your Inventory Contains
>Mop Hat
>Red Robe
>White Hakama
>Branch
>Floating Stone
>Ingredient List
>Ring of Rhythm
>Starlight Incantation Slip.
>Purple Messenger Bag
>Blue Silk Flower
>65☼
>Silver Rabbit Figurine
>Purple Dress
>Wound Sign: Pain Flow Endlessly. (Captured)
>Kakashi Spirit News
>Frilly Dark Dress (Worn as Clothing)
>Oil of  Vibration
>Green Yo-yo
>Bolt of Silk
>Dirty Bowl
>Sanzu River Water
>Essence of the Netherworld
>Your Quests are:
>Renko Quest
>You've found Renko and seduced Renko! But now her burning ambitions may be a problem.
>Escape from Eastern Wonderland?
>At some point, you should probably try to go home. Right? Maybe not?
>Love is a Battlefield
>Your friend Utsuho in a bitter rivalry with Yuugi for the heart of Parsee Mizuhashi. You've managed to help them approach another solution.
>Maximum Charge Maribel Hearn
>Byakuren has offered to cast a spell to enhance your innate magic potential, if you gather the ingredients and prove yourself worthy. You've completed it, but...now you're having doubts. Maybe there's something else to be gotten for all that legwork?
>Clinic Catastophe
>Byakuren asked you to help Murasa run the clinic, and to make sure Murasa is doing her job. Kisume's bucket appeared there, but how?
>Bellow away!
>The town blacksmith's bellows are missing! She thinks they were stolen by faeries.
>Coy, is she?
>Utsuho has asked you to find Koishi, and try to help make amends.
>Muscling In
>Marisa is apparently making you an item you can use to aid in your magic. And she wants breakfast.
>What is it with you and rape? *hand wave* No one's raping anyone here!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:57:53 PM by Zombie Purvis »

« Reply #954 on: September 06, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
>Go say hi to Renko
>See if we can rustle up some breakfast

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »
>Wait a second, would the Oil of Vibration help against anyone? Hmm...
>See if the Floating Stone still floats.
>Consider what to wear today.

It might be important to have the SDM recognize us so things don't go awry too quickly? But it's doubtful a change of outfits would really spark that.

« Reply #956 on: September 06, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »
Didn't we already say to Renko that we'd go speak to them directly immediately prior to the battle? We can tell them all the important details at that time, as well, such as what our role will be, why we're not participating otherwise, and that we've succeeded in dissuading Renko from pursing any robbery or home takeovers.

Edit: I'd considered giving her the oil to use against Sakuya, but wondered if we should keep at least one of those items back for ourselves in case we need to use it. That and the fact that inducing minutes long convulsions in someone feels rather more mean-spirited than the other options, if it really is to just be a friendly battle, and not something of necessity.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:13:10 PM by DracoOmega »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #957 on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
Yeah, but we'll need to make as honest and amicable impression as we can when the time comes. Like I said, it's unlikely, but consciously or not something might be read into a significant change in our appearance. Probably me being pedantic and coming up with excuses for making clothing choice a practical issue, but it's a thought.

EDIT: I'm not sure a bottle of sunlight in Remilia's face would be very pleasant for her, either.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:19:50 PM by YukarE-mouse »

« Reply #958 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »
I suppose that's true. For some reason, I'd thought of it being used in the bottle, as a mostly passive effect to force her to use her parasol and thus hamper her combat abilities.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #959 on: September 06, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »
Renko asking what would happen when it breaks would suggest otherwise. Coming up with a more... benign way to make use of it might not be a bad idea, but there's no one we could really get away with asking about it.