Author Topic: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 56384 times)

Re: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Wow. Impressive. I haven't gone over the 5 pages yet, but from the first and the last, it seems quite interesting.
Let me back into CPMC :|

draganuv15

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
cool, mabye I could design a front cover if you want me to, but i'd have to scan it and it could take a while :P

also i don't expect to be paid since i'm 13
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:07:25 PM by Yagokoro E. »

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
百花西方 - 三千外人の労働 much better title

that is, "Toil of Three-thousand Gaijins"

draganuv15

« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »
so does that mean we could have Kaguya and Eirin on the front?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2010, 03:42:02 PM »
i'm pretty sure any touhou chara could do.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »

This is a perfect title.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
Hey everyone. It's been awhile. :V

Yeah, I've actually been doing something and am working on a (somewhat trance) remix of Hartmann's Youkai Girl.

Until then, sayonara~

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:11 AM »

For a moment, I thought I read "Troll of Three-thousand Gaijins".

Also, I agree, it's a very appropriate title.

I kind of find the 百花西方 a bit ambient. :D
But what's with the 100 Western Flowers (百花西方)? And I don't get the number 3000, is that some kind of symbolism?
Or is it just my bad translation?

Just curious. :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:48:16 AM by Anunsew »

« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
For a moment, I thought I read "Troll of Three-thousand Gaijins".

Also, I agree, it's a very appropriate title.

I kind of find the 百花西方 a bit ambient. :D
But what's with the 100 Western Flowers (百花西方)? And I don't get the number 3000, is that some kind of symbolism?
Or is it just my bad translation?

Just curious. :P

Not really, just a random guess for the population of Motk

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
I will be remixing The Gensokyo the Gods Loved for the project.  Hopefully, I can make it on time :O.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »
well...i had in my PC some songs...if you wanted them. Look them and if you like it...but well, im not a expert and nothing of all, only done this ones for fun. And are very old...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7392owwe9ui3hya ---Delirium Flower of Asia. Done with FL8; is a HUGE mix of sounds added with 4 pro (in that time...) even i not sure what Touhou songs is in it, but i hear Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (or is Kagome Kagome - Cinderella Cage?), a bit of Flowering Night ...i don?t know from what song extract the beat (Jean Michel Jarre midi? XD) sounds who i like (birds, voices, pieces of songs of diferent parts and reversing, a clock,etc) and the Touhou midis. Is mesmerising,psychodelic,crazy.I do that XD?
http://www.mediafire.com/?q2h24xrnansqa1z--- Sealed Power. is Forbidden Magic but very Jarre-ish. Is mixed with a piece of Rozen Maiden midi, who strangely fit too well in the song. The Bird...
http://www.mediafire.com/?oz6b57m6l6q34du --- Black Sun. Nuclear Fusion, but a strange version, more dark and slow. After seen a documental (in portuguese XD) about the radiactive incident in Gohania (Cesio poisoning) and was impressed....in the back, i heared the song Radioactivity from Kraftwerk, and wanted do a Gensokian vercion of "how imagined the devasted land if Utsuho done her crazy thing."
http://www.mediafire.com/?5kjfznmtmlz ---Fallen Violet, Sariel First theme "Now, Until the Moment You Die"...a fun thing is the strange end: is the original song, mixed and reversing and speeded and filtered to the point to sound like a chorus.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qyzdleyjurz ---Momoiro Ayakashi. Is the Last Spellcard song "Border of Life" a song dedicated...to the Saigyou Ayakashi tree.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2apokh8dnaqv9yl ---a remix of the "Kourindou song" Curious Shanghai Gu Pai, who is one of the two ZUN colaborations for the Majhong game. Exist few of this one, then i do this.And Because is Kourin! (i don?t know what title give it; Rainspell sounds good.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?onfootkzjk4n434 ---is a march mixed version of Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple. My imagination said who this is the Konpaku clan pre-battle song.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qxrtv9oxdruiu7r --- a experiment done today..."Mechanics of Love" Hartmann's Youkai Girl, done with a midi and all but...the sounds...all of them are extracted from the game itself. Sounds eerie XD

and if no want, don?t worry can download equally XD. are in 192 all of them.

no have good copies of mush of them because my PC exploded and lost the FL data of the old ones.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:24:37 AM by VIVItheHeiwa »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Anunsew

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »
well...i had in my PC some songs...if you wanted them. Look them and if you like it...but well, im not a expert and nothing of all, only done this ones for fun. And are very old...

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that you should've put them in this thread.

I only listened to Momoiro Ayakashi, but it's pretty good. :3
And also nice to see another FL user.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2010, 03:34:12 AM »
i do today a draw for the thing. How can be who give songs and no even a little art?

Is ready for put titles in it. if want a more bigger version i have the 300 dpi too.

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
i do today a draw for the thing. How can be who give songs and no even a little art?

I is be who give songs and no even a little art ;.;

Haha seriously though, thats an excellent drawing. Vibrant would be my word of choice I suppose =p Well done. Also I listened to a few of your songs, and theyre pretty out there XD But not in a bad way. Keep it up amigo

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 12:53:06 PM »
...but that belongs in the other thread :<

Anunsew

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2010, 05:30:18 AM »
...but that belongs in the other thread :<

I suggest adding "Discussion Thread" to thread topic to avoid confusion. :)

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Re: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
done!

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »
As for the printing and funding of this thing, it would probably be(a lot) cheaper if someone just bought a reliable CD burner and did this him/herself, if we're talking something like a hundred CDs. There are burners that can imprint images on the top of the Cd itself as well for some extra effect. The print booklet can likely be produced at a print shop or similar. If this is becoming very expensive, it likely better not to go to a professional firm. Maybe it won't be top of the line quality, but we may have a chance of getting a product to sell.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
A domestic CD burner probably can't take doing 100 burns in a short period of time like that, though.
And by burners that print on the disk you mean Lightscribe. Lightscribe disks are more expensive than regular disks =/

Wasn't decided to try to distribute this via web? I haven't been on IRC for quite a while, so I don't know anymore :s

I'm working on a piece too, but I'm not sure I'll like it enough to make it a submission. Or finish it on time.
                                                                                   .

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
Yes, we'd probably need an industrial strength burner, but it'd still be a lot cheaper. Lightscribe isn't necessary, just a neat effect. And they're likely cheaper in bulk.
But it's just a suggestion.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
you know, besides just printing the cd, theres the booklet, and the image on the cd itself.
if we only had to burn it on cds that would be no problem.

« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »
Ho boy, I've been away from this thread too long.

The current plan is to put the album up for download. We're not doing a whole album, though, just a sampler. Like one song and one picture from each artist, for example. I'm not sure if we're going to make people pay to download it or if we'll just have a donate button on the site, but one of those will happen and then by the time the next convention rolls around we'll try to produce actual CDs and booklets for distribution using the profits/donations from the sampler.

Anyway, I was also coming in here to apologize for being out of touch with the project for so long. College has been a deluge lately. Finals are in a couple of weeks, though, so I should be back by the submission deadline.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »
Yooo squidy, long time no see~  Charging for downloading the songs wouldn't fly more than likely, but wel talk about that later I reckon.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
I don't really see charging for downloads working.
Guess we should try and make this as popular as possible first.

... anyone good with Flash?
                                                                                   .

Formless God

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2010, 06:30:35 AM »
DAMNIT
GUYS
Only one week till the deadline ?
I need to scrap the last pic and do another one, but I'm afraid I won't finish in time D:

« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
DAMNIT
GUYS
Only one week till the deadline ?
I need to scrap the last pic and do another one, but I'm afraid I won't finish in time D:

When will it be released?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
dayum... im not sure if im gonna be able to finish this song in time either

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2010, 05:35:19 AM »
As much as I'd love to see a PV of my arrange, choosing any single track for a PV wouldn't be very representative for the album as a whole.
Guess the most fair option would be a slideshow kind of thing with all the submitted artwork and short, crossfaded samples of every song (with the latter being somewhat of a standard for doujin albums anyway).
Who said anything about your PV? Also even with all the different song styles created here, I don't see why a chosen song to represent the circle wouldn't work. And the main goal of a PV is not to *represent* an album, but to promote it (hence Promotional Video), as in, to make it known.

We're a bunch of members of a forum, trying to distribute the art we generate here. Just releasing the album without promoting it first will just let it fade away and our little circle attempt won't work. We have a lot of potential here, we should make use of it the best way we can.

Oh, and btw, a "slideshow kind of thing with all the submitted artwork and crossfaded samples" is a form of creating a PV.
Gotta show [AAA] to the world, baby.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2010, 06:35:58 AM »
Nobody said anything, right, that was kinda unnecessary. Sorry.

The thing is, we're still a group of artists pretty independent of one another, with everyone doing his own thing and, usually, this alone (with only Flamezero being somewhat an exception to this, recording guitar parts for tracks where it seems necessary or is requested on top of doing his own arranges). This does not quite fit the usual definition of a "circle", which implies closer collaboration between the members, or at least a stylistic resemblance.

I don't know if someone here is familiar with the OverClocked ReMix community, but our album project does more resemble their albums (huge number of artists, everyone doing only a small number of tracks, mostly just one, great variety in styles) than a "traditional" Touhou doujin album. And they aren't calling themselves a circle, but a community, because that's what they are.

So much about the circle thing.

Choosing one single track for a PV won't work even in a promotional sense, because we're only attracting the audience fond of that particular style, and I wouldn't gamble on the chosen track being so good it can even attract people (keep in mind, we're talking about outsiders here, who are contemplating spending their money on this) not fond of listening to the style in the first place.
... Oh well, maybe I was just thinking more from the view of a listener, who would buy this album after seeing a PV of a certain track, only to be disappointed that the vast majority of the album sounds completely different than expected (and I've been there multiple times).
Still, of course we have a lot of potential here, but this will only promote a fraction of this.

Multiple PVs are better, of course, but we don't have the time for that, at least until this Comiket.

... But wait, this Comiket, we only plan to release a sampler anyway. So the slideshow thing does indeed seem the best solution, especially with the huge amount of art compared to the music.

So why are we even discussing animated Flash PVs then? Oh yeah, right, that's how the other circles do it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:44:06 AM by NamelessLegacy »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2010, 04:22:22 PM »

The whole point of this project was to unite the artists here, who, unlike the folks over there in PSL, aren't close and organized at all.
So yeah, "a group of artists pretty independent of one another, with everyone doing his own thing" is pretty much the issue we're trying to fix here.
So your point is basically "we have a problem that's stopping us from fixing that very problem".
                                                                                   .