Author Topic: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 73577 times)

Re: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »
>"Well, where I come from, abandoned doesn't mean 'haunted'. I was curious. I've never seen a ghost before in my life."
>"Nitori wanted one for an air conditioner she's trying to build. It was going to provide the cooling. I'd kind of thought it was a little unfair to the ghost, but Nitori evidently says they're indifferent to it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #631 on: August 28, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »
> To Plum Flower: "I know you like Reimu, but I think she wants her leg back."

>"...Oh," she says, sighing and letting go. She then climbs up onto the porch beside the shrine maiden. After a moment,  she quietly reaches out toward one of Reimu's hands and grabs onto her ring finger. Reimu sighs and pulls her hand away, dragging the faerie a short distance, and folding her hands into her lap.

>"Well, where I come from, abandoned doesn't mean 'haunted'. I was curious. I've never seen a ghost before in my life."
>"Nitori wanted one for an air conditioner she's trying to build. It was going to provide the cooling. I'd kind of thought it was a little unfair to the ghost, but Nitori evidently says they're indifferent to it."

>"Well, there you go," says Reimu. "Usually, though, ghosts aren't very dangerous unless you do something to rile them up. You didn't threaten them or anything, right?"
>"Nobody knows what ghosts think, really," says Reimu, "Except for weird people who cast spells to talk to them. Thankfully, I don't think we have any of those these days. Oh, Youmu would probably get really mad about it. I don't know what Yuyuko would think." She pauses. "They come from the netherworld sometimes. Youmu is kind of mouthy when it comes to ghosts."

>_

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »
> Freak out over the sudden asexual reproduction of the parser's prompt.
> To Plum Flower: "Now, you should behave. Reimu doesn't like it when people don't behave. I bet if you're good, though, she'll be good too!"
> To Reimu: "I don't think we did. We wandered around the house a little bit and saw that it was dusty and looted. Eventually we came to a second-story room that had what looked like blood splattered all over it. We were standing around trying to figure out what might have happened there when they start popping out of some clothes that were on the floor."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2010, 07:56:04 AM »
Going to bed. Will be out a good chunk of tomorrow. Please get some more Kogasa info from Reimu once the more important stuff is taken care of. Ideally I'd like to try to find her again. Draco knows what to do from there.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
> Freak out over the sudden asexual reproduction of the parser's prompt.
> To Plum Flower: "Now, you should behave. Reimu doesn't like it when people don't behave. I bet if you're good, though, she'll be good too!"
> To Reimu: "I don't think we did. We wandered around the house a little bit and saw that it was dusty and looted. Eventually we came to a second-story room that had what looked like blood splattered all over it. We were standing around trying to figure out what might have happened there when they start popping out of some clothes that were on the floor."

>These things happen sometimes okay.
>Plum Flower looks toward the ground, nodding and seeming like she's going to break into tears.
>Reimu frowns. "That's a but weird. Guess they didn't like you being in there at all. Well, I guess that's a little dangerous, but you really shouldn't just be going into houses like that. It's common sense."

>_

« Reply #635 on: August 28, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »
>But I thought you couldn't let yourself be trapped by common sense in Gensokyo?
>"Well, I can't say it's common sense to me. You have to remember that I'm from a place that's about as different as possible from here."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »
Maribel didn't have the most law-abiding tendency towards abandoned property even out there, though. Methinks this is best dropped before Reimu thinks we're just being stubborn and confrontational about it. We didn't know; we messed up; we dealt with it. We know better now and don't need to annoy Reimu over something minor, so let's not make a suit out of it.

Poor Plum.

>"Speaking of things I don't know about magic, uh, I managed to do something else airheaded this morning - did Marisa tell you about the flowers Yuuka asked me to plant?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »
>But I thought you couldn't let yourself be trapped by common sense in Gensokyo?
>"Well, I can't say it's common sense to me. You have to remember that I'm from a place that's about as different as possible from here."

>You mom's a trap.
>"Really?" Reimu asks. "You guys just walk into houses whenever over there?"

>_

« Reply #638 on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
>"Well, it was obviously abandoned... I wouldn't just walk into a house that looked like anyone lived in it. But that's neither here nor there. About that ghost trap...."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #639 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
>"Not really, but usually a house that looked that abandoned really WAS abandoned. I wasn't expecting to run into ghosts that easily. At least, not until that room covered in blood, but it was a bit late at that point... I'll have to keep it that in mind for the future."
>"And speaking of things I didn't know about magic, uh, I managed to do something else airheaded this morning - did Marisa tell you about the flowers Yuuka asked me to plant?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: August 28, 2010, 08:41:55 AM »
>"Well, it was obviously abandoned... I wouldn't just walk into a house that looked like anyone lived in it. But that's neither here nor there. About that ghost trap...."

>"Not really, but usually a house that looked that abandoned really WAS abandoned. I wasn't expecting to run into ghosts that easily. At least, not until that room covered in blood, but it was a bit late at that point... I'll have to keep it that in mind for the future."
>"And speaking of things I didn't know about magic, uh, I managed to do something else airheaded this morning - did Marisa tell you about the flowers Yuuka asked me to plant?"

>"Huh. Your world is kind of dumb. No offense. Just...who'd do that? That's just asking for trouble."
>"She said something about you running into Yuka, yeah. You're still walking and conscious, so it couldn't have been that bad. She made you plant flowers, then?"

>_

« Reply #641 on: August 28, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »
>"Look, that aside... are you willing to help with the ghost trap or not?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #642 on: August 28, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
>"Yeah, a bit. I was... rather surprised how softly she handled it. A fortunately mild punishment for my first mistake in learning that airspace isn't public property when everyone can fly."
>"Though... she said that she'd 'know' where I planted them, I think... I'm not sure how she'd do that. Does she have some power over flowers or something like that? Did that have any significance beyond planting a few pretty flowers around Gensokyo?"

Note: We may also want to return her miko outfit, since it's not entirely safe to use in public anymore thanks to Hatate.

Also, bedtime. My intents here are to double-check that there's no malicious/suspicious intent behind Yuuka's actions, and if there aren't, ask whether it would be completely insane to ask for some flowers for the Shrine tomorrow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
>"Yeah, a bit. I was... rather surprised how softly she handled it. A fortunately mild punishment for my first mistake in learning that airspace isn't public property when everyone can fly."
>"Though... she said that she'd 'know' where I planted them, I think... I'm not sure how she'd do that. Does she have some power over flowers or something like that? Did that have any significance beyond planting a few pretty flowers around Gensokyo?"

>Reimu nods. "Sounds like a pain. But it could have been worse, I guess."
>"Oh, she's the flower youkai. I dunno if she was up to something or not, though. Probably not, she's been kind of laying low since last winter.

>"Look, that aside... are you willing to help with the ghost trap or not?"

>"Yeah, fine, its my job and everything," says Reimu. "How many do you need exorcised again?"

>_

« Reply #644 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:01 AM »
>"Well, I'd like one caught so that I can bring it to Nitori. There may be one other in the house beyond that; I didn't have time to get a complete count. We, uh... kinda just shot the rest of them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2010, 09:01:35 AM »
>"Well, I'd like one caught so that I can bring it to Nitori. There may be one other in the house beyond that; I didn't have time to get a complete count. We, uh... kinda just shot the rest of them."

>"Yeah, that's about what you do to 'em," says Reimu. "Tell you what. If you shot 'em, that's the hard part done. They won't be reforming for a bit yet. So I'll just head over there, do some cleansing rites, and leave you to capture that last one on your own time, alright?"

>_

« Reply #646 on: August 28, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
>"Oh, so they're not actually gone entirely? They'll eventually pull themselves together?"
>"And yes, that sounds perfectly fine to me, provided you can furnish something that can hold one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #647 on: August 28, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »
>"Oh, so they're not actually gone entirely? They'll eventually pull themselves together?"
>"And yes, that sounds perfectly fine to me, provided you can furnish something that can hold one."

>"Oh, no," says Reimu. "If you could just blast ghosts, I'd be out of a job. And it'd probably really screw things up in Higan if people started getting free Nirvana like that. Naw, you just sort of knocked them out. But that means they're ready to be exorcised without too much trouble, which is always a good thing."
>"Yeah, I'll get you a bottle. But if anyone asks, you got it from Sanae, alright?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #648 on: August 28, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »
> "You got it. If you don't mind my asking, what happened to that house, anyway? It looks like it was a very nice place before it got beat over the head with the misfortune stick."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #649 on: August 28, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »
(Don't forget to encourage Plum Flower, folks!)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:29 PM »
> "You got it. If you don't mind my asking, what happened to that house, anyway? It looks like it was a very nice place before it got beat over the head with the misfortune stick."

>"Not sure myself," says Reimu. "I never really paid that much attention to it. Most of the time when I'm out that way, it's due to business. I guess it's just one of those places people shouldn't have lived at."

>_

« Reply #651 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
>"Thanks for the bottle. And why Sanae? So that other people don't come asking you for one?"
>How does Plum Flower seem to be doing?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: August 28, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »
>"Thanks for the bottle. And why Sanae? So that other people don't come asking you for one?"
>How does Plum Flower seem to be doing?

>"So if Youmu gets upset about it, she won't bother me."
>You don't think you could have imagined a faerie with a thousand yard stare before. You have the feeling that if you touched her, she'd fall apart.

>_

« Reply #653 on: August 28, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
>"Ok, got it."
>If Reimu gets up to retrieve the bottle:
  >To Plum Flower: "There there, now... Are you ok?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: August 28, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »
>"Ok, got it."
>If Reimu gets up to retrieve the bottle:
  >To Plum Flower: "There there, now... Are you ok?"

>Reimu stands up, and heads into the shrine.
>"I wanna die..." she mutters, almost too soft for you to hear.

>_

« Reply #655 on: August 28, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
>Walk over and kneel down next to her
>"Oh, I'm so sorry..."
>Try giving her a gentle hug

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #656 on: August 28, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »
> "I bet things can still be okay. I wonder if Reimu could maybe use some help around the shrine..."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:53:38 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
>Walk over and kneel down next to her
>"Oh, I'm so sorry..."
>Try giving her a gentle hug

>You walk back over to her and give her a gentle hug and words of consolation. She doesn't even seem to react to it.

> "I bet things can still be okay. I wonder if Reimu could maybe use some help around the shrine..."

>"R-really?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #658 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »
> "We could ask. Worst she'll do is say no. If she hated you she probably would have shot at you by now."
> "You'll need something you can do, though. What are you good at?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: August 28, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
> "We could ask. Worst she'll do is say no. If she hated you she probably would have shot at you by now."
> "You'll need something you can do, though. What are you good at?"

>"Maybe..." she says.
>"Um...I can sew."

>_