Author Topic: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 73434 times)

Re: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
>"Well, how do you know until you talk to her? Maybe she'll surprise you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: August 28, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »
>"Well, how do you know until you talk to her? Maybe she'll surprise you."

>Her face is practically glowing red now. "No, I can't! I can't! Ah, this is so embarrassing!"

>_

« Reply #602 on: August 28, 2010, 04:58:14 AM »
>"Oh, you don't need to feel embarrassed. There's nothing to be ashamed of about feeling that way for someone else."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: August 28, 2010, 05:07:57 AM »
>"Oh, you don't need to feel embarrassed. There's nothing to be ashamed of about feeling that way for someone else."

>"I couldn't, I couldn't!" she cries, swaying in midair. "I'd die! Oh..."

>_

« Reply #604 on: August 28, 2010, 05:10:56 AM »
>"I'll put in a good word with her for you. C'mon, you can do it!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: August 28, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »
>"I'll put in a good word with her for you. C'mon, you can do it!"

>She sways in the air more, to the point you suspect she might well topple herself out of flight all together, and squeals. "Okay!" she cries at length, "I'll do it!" Let's go!"

>_

« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2010, 05:17:38 AM »
>Smile
>"That's the spirit!"
>Hope desperately that Reimu will at least show a little kindness and consideration to poor Plum Flower
>Onward to the shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2010, 05:29:38 AM »
>Smile
>"That's the spirit!"
>Hope desperately that Reimu will at least show a little kindness and consideration to poor Plum Flower
>Onward to the shrine

>You give her some encouraging words, and privately hope that Reimu doesn't blast her on sight.
>You continue down the path, Plum Flower floating beside you, chanting "Gonna do it, gonna do it, gonna do it!"
>Soon, the red torii comes into sight. You approach them, but soon Plum Flower falls behind. "Ah! I can't do it!" she cries.

>_

« Reply #608 on: August 28, 2010, 05:31:15 AM »
>"If it would make you feel better, I can go talk to her, and then ask her to come out here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: August 28, 2010, 05:38:34 AM »
>"If it would make you feel better, I can go talk to her, and then ask her to come out here."

>"No no no no!" she says, swaying in the air again and clutching at her hair, "Asking the shrine maiden to trouble herself over me, unthinkable!"

>_

« Reply #610 on: August 28, 2010, 05:41:48 AM »
>"Well, I'm not going to force you, if you really don't feel up to it. Just remember, no time like the present, if you really want to talk with her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: August 28, 2010, 05:43:12 AM »
>"Well, I'm not going to force you, if you really don't feel up to it. Just remember, no time like the present, if you really want to talk with her."

>She shudders and squeals, then softly says, "Carry me...?"

>_

« Reply #612 on: August 28, 2010, 05:44:27 AM »
>"Sure, I can do that."
>She is small enough that we can do that, right?
>Carry the love-stricken fairy
>Head towards the shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: August 28, 2010, 05:56:46 AM »
>"Sure, I can do that."
>She is small enough that we can do that, right?
>Carry the love-stricken fairy
>Head towards the shrine

>She's barely a foot tall, and when you gather her into your arms, weighs about as much as a cat. You're really more concerned you might hurt her than anything.
>You walk through the gate, carrying the little green-haired faerie with you as she clings to your dress and whimpers. You can see Reimu sitting on the porch, a discarded newspaper by her side, watching the clouds until she looks down and notices you. "Oh, hey there, Marible," she says, mispronouncing your name. "What's with the faerie?"

>_

« Reply #614 on: August 28, 2010, 06:03:12 AM »
>"Reimu, this is Plum Flower. She wanted to meet you."
>To Plum Flower: "Go on, say hello."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2010, 06:11:27 AM »
>"Reimu, this is Plum Flower. She wanted to meet you."
>To Plum Flower: "Go on, say hello."

>"She what?" says Reimu, frowning a bit.
>"I...I..." Plum flower says, then springs from your arms and lands in front of Reimu, falling to her knees."You're the best and most awesome person ever and I can't stop thinking about you and you're so great and beautiful and strong and I love forever and I can't beleve I'm actually even getting to talk to you oh oh you're just the very best and I wanna be with you for ever and ever and have a dozen beautiful children and live happily ever after and I feel so light-headed you're just so great miss Hakurei!"
>Reimu just looks at the faerie, mouth slightly agape. As Plum Flower runs out of breath, she lunges for and grabs Reimu's leg, hugging her fiercely around the ankle, crying "I can't believe it! I can't believe it! I can't believe it!"
>"G-get off!" Reimu exclaims, but the faerie seems to be deaf to her words.

>_

« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:39 AM »
>"It looks like you've got an admirer...."
>Try to give Reimu an expression that's somewhere between 'play along' and 'oh dear, I feel your pain'... and hope she gets the message
>Try to move close enough to intervene if Reimu attempts to do anything harsh, like hit or blast the poor fairy

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #617 on: August 28, 2010, 06:21:30 AM »
Suggestion: "I know how you feel, Plum, but I'm not sure it's best to act quite so... enthusiastic."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2010, 06:27:47 AM »
>"It looks like you've got an admirer...."
>Try to give Reimu an expression that's somewhere between 'play along' and 'oh dear, I feel your pain'... and hope she gets the message
>Try to move close enough to intervene if Reimu attempts to do anything harsh, like hit or blast the poor fairy

>"Son of a bitch! Let go!" Reimu says, not really responding to your words.
>You try to give her a complex expression that conveys many messages. You really don't know if you succeed.
>Reimu doesn't seem interested in hurting Plum Flower, though she shakes her leg in an attempt to dislodge the faerie, drawing an oscilalting "AaaaAAAAAaaaAAAAH!" from shaking her.
>The attempt doesn't seem to achieve much, and after a moment Reimu gives up, looking back at you with a frown and a slightly furrowed brow. "What'd you want again?" she asks.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #619 on: August 28, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »
Probably want to cover:

- We found Renko! She's been hanging out with the fairies. Maybe ask about grand feats for them.
- Yukari probably knows about us, if Ran got a glance and Chen mentioned that Yukari should be told about us. That last part is particularly suspicious...
- Making sure Yuuka's flower-spreading was benign, maybe ask if it'd be wise to ask Yuuka about getting something for the shrine?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #620 on: August 28, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
>"I actually came here to ask you about capturing a ghost. There's at least one or two left in an abandoned home near the Forest of Magic. I'd like to catch one for a project Nitori's working on, as well as making sure the place is safe if anyone else wanders into it. I had an unpleasantly frigid experience myself..."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »
> "Also, how much do you know about a Kogasa?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #622 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »
>"I actually came here to ask you about capturing a ghost. There's at least one or two left in an abandoned home near the Forest of Magic. I'd like to catch one for a project Nitori's working on, as well as making sure the place is safe if anyone else wanders into it. I had an unpleasantly frigid experience myself..."

>"Ugh, what a pain..." says Reimu, letting her head roll back. "What's wrong with them being in the house, anyways? Ghosts need a place to stay, don't they?"

> "Also, how much do you know about a Kogasa?"

>"Kogasa? She's a Karakasa. No real threat most of the time. Kinda cute in her hopelessness, but she can be annoying really fast."
>She punctuates annoying by shaking her foot again, prompting another oscillating cry from Plum Flower until Reimu stops.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #623 on: August 28, 2010, 06:59:22 AM »
> How much money do we currently have?
> "Plum Flower? Can you let go of Reimu's leg?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #624 on: August 28, 2010, 06:59:50 AM »
>"Well, they attacked me as soon as I went in and tried to turn me into a human ice cube. I'd say that counts as a hazard to the uninformed. I can do the footwork, if you can provide something to capture it with. I assume that's your domain."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: August 28, 2010, 07:13:39 AM »
> How much money do we currently have?
> "Plum Flower? Can you let go of Reimu's leg?"

>You currently have 92☼
>The faerie makes a kind of happy squeal while rubbing up against Reimu's ankle. You don't think your words really registered with her.

>"Well, they attacked me as soon as I went in and tried to turn me into a human ice cube. I'd say that counts as a hazard to the uninformed. I can do the footwork, if you can provide something to capture it with. I assume that's your domain."

>"Well yeah, but that's only because you went into their house like a sap," says Reimu.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2010, 07:16:24 AM »
> Walk up to Reimu and tap Plum Flower on the shoulder.

« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
>"So? How was I supposed to know? And I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't, either. I even asked about the place, and no one said it was haunted."
>"Anyway, whether you think it's a problem or not, can you provide the charms for a container to keep one in?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #628 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:36 AM »
>"So? How was I supposed to know? And I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't, either. I even asked about the place, and no one said it was haunted."
>"Anyway, whether you think it's a problem or not, can you provide the charms for a container to keep one in?"

>"Don't walk into houses uninvited, I guess?" Reimu says. "And...I guess. What'd you want to capture a ghost for, again?"

> Walk up to Reimu and tap Plum Flower on the shoulder.

>You approach Reimu kneel down, and tap Plum Flower on the shoulder. "What!" she says, giving you a foul look over her shoulder.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2010, 07:35:48 AM »
> To Plum Flower: "I know you like Reimu, but I think she wants her leg back."