Author Topic: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 73438 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2010, 05:33:39 AM »
> "She told me about a potion she could brew, one that would enhance the magical abilities of the drinker. It doesn't create magic from nowhere, though; I think it amplifies existing talent. In my travels today, I found the necessary components to make this potion. The thing I mentioned getting from the mansion was one such ingredient. Given what I have seen today, however...I think we could gather the materials to make a second one. One for each of us."
> "The catch is that Byakuren was determined to give me a test, to make sure I would not 'misuse' the new power. I imagine, if you wanted to do this, she would subject you to something similar. Given her wariness on the subject and her generally well-meaning nature, it...is possible you may not be able to get such a potion from her, were she to find out what you plan on doing to the mansion. I can't say for sure, but it's possible."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2010, 05:42:27 AM »
> "She told me about a potion she could brew, one that would enhance the magical abilities of the drinker. It doesn't create magic from nowhere, though; I think it amplifies existing talent. In my travels today, I found the necessary components to make this potion. The thing I mentioned getting from the mansion was one such ingredient. Given what I have seen today, however...I think we could gather the materials to make a second one. One for each of us."
> "The catch is that Byakuren was determined to give me a test, to make sure I would not 'misuse' the new power. I imagine, if you wanted to do this, she would subject you to something similar. Given her wariness on the subject and her generally well-meaning nature, it...is possible you may not be able to get such a potion from her, were she to find out what you plan on doing to the mansion. I can't say for sure, but it's possible."

>"Huh, I didn't know you could do that..." says Renko. "Um. I'm kind of interested, but, yeah, I don't think she'd do it for me."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2010, 05:52:15 AM »
> "I understand. I've also been thinking, however...it may be possible to solve all the problems you have in one fell swoop, including getting yourself a potion."
> Look around to make sure no one else is present. Drop voice regardless, but if someone is within earshot, cut the next part out entirely.
> "I am wondering if you would consider it both an accomplishment of your own and a victory for fairy kind, if instead of knocking over the mansion...you knocked over Alice and her giant doll instead."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2010, 06:00:07 AM »
> "I understand. I've also been thinking, however...it may be possible to solve all the problems you have in one fell swoop, including getting yourself a potion."
> Look around to make sure no one else is present. Drop voice regardless, but if someone is within earshot, cut the next part out entirely.
> "I am wondering if you would consider it both an accomplishment of your own and a victory for fairy kind, if instead of knocking over the mansion...you knocked over Alice and her giant doll instead."

>You don't see anyone around.
>"I...I don't that's quite as good, really," says Renko. "But maybe I'll do it anyways..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #484 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:47 AM »
> Give Renko a disapproving look. Not too hard, but enough to let her know that we're being serious.
> "Come on, now, let's not go crazy. One battle is fine and dandy. Using the fairies more than once? You don't want word circulating that you're running around terrorizing people with a fairy army, do you?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #485 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:32 AM »
multi-post drifting wheee

> "Look, I know I can only imagine what you just went through back there, but there's no need to go around attacking everyone. I suggested Alice and her doll as an alternative to the mansion, not a supplement. If you're dead-set on the mansion, you can wait a while to get your revenge, and you can do it one-on-one. It'll probably feel a lot better that way anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #486 on: August 27, 2010, 06:15:27 AM »
> Give Renko a disapproving look. Not too hard, but enough to let her know that we're being serious.
> "Come on, now, let's not go crazy. One battle is fine and dandy. Using the fairies more than once? You don't want word circulating that you're running around terrorizing people with a fairy army, do you?"

>"Hey, it was your idea," says Renko.

> "Look, I know I can only imagine what you just went through back there, but there's no need to go around attacking everyone. I suggested Alice and her doll as an alternative to the mansion, not a supplement. If you're dead-set on the mansion, you can wait a while to get your revenge, and you can do it one-on-one. It'll probably feel a lot better that way anyway."

>"Okay, okay, don't worry, I won't." says Renko. "Anyways, if you could find some way to convince Byakuren, I wouldn't mind."
>She considers for a moment.
>"Would you end up like her?"

>_

« Reply #487 on: August 27, 2010, 06:17:45 AM »
>"I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Or at least that what she did to herself that made her that large wasn't this. I was going to ask her a few questions about that, actually, but hadn't gotten the chance."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #488 on: August 27, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »
>"I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Or at least that what she did to herself that made her that large wasn't this. I was going to ask her a few questions about that, actually, but hadn't gotten the chance."

>She nods. "Well, either way is fine. Are you going to go do this now?"

>_

« Reply #489 on: August 27, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »
>"She said the procedure will probably knock me out for a few hours. If it's late, I might just sleep straight through to morning. Do you... think you're still going to do your thing today? Or is it too close to sundown, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #490 on: August 27, 2010, 06:31:13 AM »
>"She said the procedure will probably knock me out for a few hours. If it's late, I might just sleep straight through to morning. Do you... think you're still going to do your thing today? Or is it too close to sundown, now?"

>Renko looks at the horizon and frowns.
>"Probably tomorrow, at this rate."

>_

« Reply #491 on: August 27, 2010, 06:34:29 AM »
>"It's been a long day, with a lot of pleasant and unpleasant surprises. But let's get you back to your troops. I wouldn't mind seeing it all again before I head off."
>Continue back

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #492 on: August 27, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »
>"It's been a long day, with a lot of pleasant and unpleasant surprises. But let's get you back to your troops. I wouldn't mind seeing it all again before I head off."
>Continue back

>She smiles. "Alright, then."
>You head into the forest with Renko. She gets about ten steps in before three faeries descend on her with happy squeals and demanding hugs. She tries to accommodate them as well as she can, shaking her head and grinning despite herself.

>_

« Reply #493 on: August 27, 2010, 06:48:23 AM »
>"Wow, they really do like you. I have to admit I'm a little envious."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #494 on: August 27, 2010, 06:58:18 AM »
>"Wow, they really do like you. I have to admit I'm a little envious."

>"They're usually not this friendly!" Renko says, as one of the larger ones clings to her and throws her off balance.
>"Keep hugging, dammit!" one of the faeries cries.
>"Aye!" the other two shout.

>_

« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2010, 07:00:12 AM »
>Laugh
>"Aww... they just miss you. You've been gone a lot longer than they expected, after all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2010, 07:15:08 AM »
>Laugh
>"Aww... they just miss you. You've been gone a lot longer than they expected, after all."

>You have a good laugh.
>"Apple Bark and Cloudy Night saw you fighting with Alice," one of the faeries, a doll-sized one presently clinging to Renko's arm.
>"And we told Dai!" Says the one clinging to Renko's leg.
>"And Dai say you needed one hundred CCs of hugs!" the doll-sized one says. "I dunno what a CC is, so I got Cedar Seedling, which is like a CC!"
>"We're not through here!" says the third faerie, a hip-high one who presently has her face pressed into Renko's back.
>"You're gonna break me!" Renko cries.

>_

« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
>Laugh some more
>"I'd join in, but I prefer my Renkos non-broken."
>"You've really got something special here though. Seriously, Renko."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »
>Laugh some more
>"I'd join in, but I prefer my Renkos non-broken."
>"You've really got something special here though. Seriously, Renko."

>You have a good laugh, while Renko gives up trying to disengage herself and focuses on moving forward, dragging the three with her. This seems to be enough of a hint. They disengage themselves and scatter into the forest, with cries of "I got fifty points!" and "Cheater!" between themselves.
>"Yeah, they're good people," Renko, "Once you get used to the mood changes and stuff."
>She continues onward, the two of you soon reach the clearing where the guards were. Presently, there are four faeries here, playing a card game which seems to involve slamming one's hands down on a certain card. "Hi other Dai!" one of the players says, before crying "Hey fair!" to a mop-hatted faerie trying to reach into the deck.

>_

« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2010, 07:57:47 AM »
>"Ha. 'Other Dai'. Must be quite a term of respect. I really have to wonder how you managed it, Renko. That alone is pretty damn impressive."

>"And... what do you think you'll do now, then? Give Dai an update, start planning what your options are now, and then wait for tomorrow?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2010, 08:07:34 AM »
>"Ha. 'Other Dai'. Must be quite a term of respect. I really have to wonder how you managed it, Renko. That alone is pretty damn impressive."

>"And... what do you think you'll do now, then? Give Dai an update, start planning what your options are now, and then wait for tomorrow?"

>"That's just because one of them got sick of using my name," says Renko. She rubs her chin, looking downwards. "I think it was Cirno. Or maybe Sullen Plummet? Eh, I can't keep straight in my head any more,"
>Renko nods. "Yeah, that's about the plan. Maybe get something to eat in the meantime, go over some tricks with the faeries. What about you?"

« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
>"Well, I probably should talk to Reimu about getting that house exorcised. And then there's Byakuren. A couple other scattered things I might check into."
>"You sure you're feeling ok, now, though? I want to be there for you if I can help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
>"Well, I probably should talk to Reimu about getting that house exorcised. And then there's Byakuren. A couple other scattered things I might check into."
>"You sure you're feeling ok, now, though? I want to be there for you if I can help."

>She nods. "Alright. Oh! If Plum Flower gives you problems, try offering to introduce her to Reimu. It'll deflect the situation immediately."
>"To be honest? I'm still kinda bummed." She gives you a smile. "But, I'm back where I'm welcome, and I had you to get me there. I'll be alright."

>_

« Reply #503 on: August 27, 2010, 08:38:21 AM »
>Give her a big hug
>"Remember, no matter what else may happen, I'm there for you."
>Kiss her
>"Be well, Renko. I'll see again a little later."
>Head to Kourindou. May as well tick that item off the list, since it's closest

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #504 on: August 27, 2010, 08:48:41 AM »
>Give her a big hug
>"Remember, no matter what else may happen, I'm there for you."
>Kiss her
>"Be well, Renko. I'll see again a little later."
>Head to Kourindou. May as well tick that item off the list, since it's closest

>You add to the latest to Renko's list of hug-based assaults.
>"I know, and I'll do my best for you, too," says Renko.
>You kiss her, and find her well prepared to anticipate and respond to the action in kind. It leaves a nice sort of tingle on your cheek.
>"Until then," says Renko. "Just come in whenever."
>With that parting, you trek back to Kourindou, making your way around the lake, and down the forest road. Its a nice, uneventful-"URAMESHIYA!" Oh god the world's gone dark and there's something gross and slimy and lukewarm on your face!

>_

« Reply #505 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »
>"Gyahhhh!!"
>Quickly get backwards
>Try to bat off whatever's on our face

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #506 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08:41 AM »
>"Gyahhhh!!"
>Quickly get backwards
>Try to bat off whatever's on our face

>You cry out, back away, and try to bat away whatever's on your face. As you do, you hear cackling laughter retreating into the forest and the sound of rustling leaves.
>You clean the slimy stuff from your face. Is this warm konnyaku? Gross...
>Looking around, you see no trace of your assailant.

>_

« Reply #507 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:35 AM »
>Congratulate Kogasa on a job well done
>Feel shame at being Kogasa's first real on-camera victim

>Continue to Kourindou

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
>Congratulate Kogasa on a job well done
>Feel shame at being Kogasa's first real on-camera victim

>Continue to Kourindou

>There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard.
>You continue down the road, and soon reach Kourindou again. The collection of stuff outside seems to be unchanged. Walking inside, you see Rinnosuke is sitting at his counter, reading a newspaper. He glances over the edge of the paper. "Ah, hello again, Maribel," he says. "You missed Ran by only a little while."
>The store contains
>Broken Sword Handle
>Iron Key
>Jeweled Box
>Introductory Nuclear Physics by Kenneth S. Krane.
>Nightlife (Extended)
>Bar of Baker's Chocolate
>Bottle of Wine
>Green Yo-Yo
>Lacquered Chopsticks
>The Histories by Herodotus
>Stick of Insect Incense
>Bag of Birdseed
>Green Glass Rod
>Large Pillow
>Clear Crystal
>Deck of Cards
>French Horn
>Bolt of Silk
>Loaf of Wheat Bread
>Bottle of Soft Light
>Bonsai Tree
>3 Caramels
>Violent Potion
>Turtle Statue
>Vial of Sand Grains
>Large Ball of Yarn
>Black Cube
>Stethoscope
>Pocket Clay Sculpting Set
>Bottle of Ethanol
>Silver Necklace
>Stuffed Platypus
>Can of Alphabet Soup
>Bag of Glittering Powder
>Jar of Corn Kernels

>_

« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
>"Afternoon."

>Examine Bottle of Soft Light, Violent Potion, Black Cube, Bag of Glittering Powder

>"I had a question for you, actually. Do you recall a bucket that Murasa purchased from you a short while ago? Do you recall how you acquired it? It turns out it might be somewhat more particular than she'd thought, and I'm trying to look into its origin."