Author Topic: Idiot Challenge [Results in your fortune cookie. No shouting now kids.]  (Read 42802 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Idiot Challenge [Results in your fortune cookie. No shouting now kids.]
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
Oh whoops, it was Polaris that shot me. Right. :V
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2010, 06:24:32 PM »
Oh whoops, it was Polaris that shot me. Right. :V

Still rather curious about that callout now. >>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2010, 06:47:59 PM »
Still rather curious about that callout now. >>
I have to say, Ryuu is more right than you think. After that one conversation I'd had with you we basically said 'What the hell how does he already have all this info? HE KNOWS TOO MUCH.' You can see how that turned out. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:49 PM »
Thanks to Arashi for tipping me off that I had the opportunity to bomb :3 Otherwise I may not have gotten to do it first.

woooooooo I'm good for something! o/

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
I request a list of all roles and powers used.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »

FWIW, I was a 1-shot doctor who got flavor cop results on the killer if I blocked a kill. I protected Nobu (nee-chan was even on my team to yay~) N... 2, I think?... and no one tried to kill him. :V

« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
<*******>   Jeez, I wonder who the two people who roleplayed were.

Fuck yeah fourth!

Couldn't tell anybody apart, so I wasn't able to use my Gotcha! without completely random guessing.  :ohdear:

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »
I still have no idea what was or is going on I am bad at RP/Mafia/whatever this was challenges  :ohdear:

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »
Couldn't tell anybody apart, so I wasn't able to use my Gotcha! without completely random guessing.  :ohdear:

Allowing people to discuss this however and wherever they wanted kinda made accurate information gathering impossible.

I think I posted in here all of like, three or four times during the challenge itself, and somehow I still got killed off without even knowing I was in danger, who my aggressor was, or what the overall situation altogether was.

It was interesting, but it wasn't exactly fun, either. I feel like it was just a coin-toss that lead to my end, and because of the errant nature of the roles, I couldn't exactly role-play my role without it being GLARINGLY obvious who I was (Mary Sue, Better Than You).

Chaore

« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »
I have to say, Ryuu is more right than you think. After that one conversation I'd had with you we basically said 'What the hell how does he already have all this info? HE KNOWS TOO MUCH.' You can see how that turned out. :V

two roles. Did you seriously not acquire more than two roles of info at that point? Hell from my transparent lies I didn't even know my -own- role, assuming you took them at full heart.

You deemed me threat enough to use your piercing shot from -that-.

Sapz. The game is over, you can stop lying now. >:

<*******>   Jeez, I wonder who the two people who roleplayed were.

and this is why I was going to ask you who you were- I was supposed to #Gotcha! you. It was so blindingly obvious I wasn't sure if it was a trap.

« Reply #610 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:22 PM »
and this is why I was going to ask you who you were- I was supposed to #Gotcha! you. It was so blindingly obvious I wasn't sure if it was a trap.

mindgames  :smug:

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »
I couldn't exactly role-play my role without it being GLARINGLY obvious who I was (Mary Sue, Better Than You).

I fell into this trap too, being Raymoo, Donation Whore. I couldn't think of any way to fill the role without potentially exposing myself to assassins. :ohdear:

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
I couldn't exactly role-play my role without it being GLARINGLY obvious who I was (Mary Sue, Better Than You).
I fell into this trap too, being Raymoo, Donation Whore. I couldn't think of any way to fill the role without potentially exposing myself to assassins. :ohdear:

Needs more "mindgames :smug:"

Chaore

« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
mindgames  :smug:

That said- I would've probably won if I didn't die because you did that.

Unless you planned to be a bag of nauts and not tell me you were you. >: <

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »

two roles. Did you seriously not acquire more than two roles of info at that point? Hell from my transparent lies I didn't even know my -own- role, assuming you took them at full heart.

You deemed me threat enough to use your piercing shot from -that-.

Sapz. The game is over, you can stop lying now. >:
No, really. I'd gotten quite a lot more than two myself but you were pretty much the only person on another team who seemed to actually be actively doing things. We were being pretty vig-happy at that point so we basically just thought 'why the hell not' since we had nothing better to do with it and you were the most likely to be dangerous later on. :V Also paranoia, etc.

Similarly, Ryuu got the vig because of that 'exploitation'. The exploited info was completely wrong of course, but hey. :V
Let's fight.

Chaore

« Reply #615 on: August 31, 2010, 10:15:13 PM »
No, really. I'd gotten quite a lot more than two myself but you were pretty much the only person on another team who seemed to actually be actively doing things. We were being pretty vig-happy at that point so we basically just thought 'why the hell not' since we had nothing better to do with it and you were the most likely to be dangerous later on. :V Also paranoia, etc.

Similarly, Ryuu got the vig because of that 'exploitation'. The exploited info was completely wrong of course, but hey. :V

This is incredibly ironic in that I was actually being lazy the entire time I was in the game.

That said, I suppose that was a lucky ass choice to use your piercing choice on. With Bulletproof and easy access to my target, so long as the third team didn't ID me as the bulletproof, I could've finished the game easy.

Not that it mattered because BAITY.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
So what was the point of the powers?
Outside of the obvious investigative ones for information, the killing one(s) were placed primarily to make flavor (though, there were secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc. "unintended" / side-effects). See: the scoreboard. Yes, the scoreboard was planned right from the start.

I feel like it was just a coin-toss that lead to my end, and because of the errant nature of the roles, I couldn't exactly role-play my role without it being GLARINGLY obvious who I was (Mary Sue, Better Than You).
"Winning isn't everything", as cheesy as it does sound this is the mindset that I used when creating this game. In fact, I'll go ahead and say this now, a "survival" bonus only adds 1k to your displayed score. Refer to: Attachment.
Spoiler:
Hopefully, there aren't any transcription errors; though I did manage to find one and fixed it already
Also, some people ended up getting extra points for role-playing by accident, or to be put more accurately, it didn't seem like they were doing it intentionally. Obviously, I didn't count it when you did role-play via PM.

D/N1:
*caw*

D/N2:
<First batch of acquired powers begin to take effect from here>
Kill: Polly -> Bread
Kill: Sapz -> Chaore
Investigate: axman36 -> Nobu

D/N3:
<Second batch of acquired powers begin to take effect from here; Chaore's bp was not received and was given to Prody>
Protect: Esifex -> Sapz
Protect: Arashi -> nee-chan Nobu
Protect: Prody -> Prody
Kill: Doll(ry -> Ryuu
Kill: Polly -> Ryuu
Investigate: Mimeslayer -> Arashi
Investigate: Ryuu -> Sapz (Failed! He's dead Jim)

D/N3.5:
Investigate: Sana -> Roukan

D/N4:
Kiss
Kill: Polly -> Doll(ry
Kill: triangles -> Sapz

D/N5:
Kill: Polly -> Nobu (BP activates!)

D/N6:
Kill: Polly -> Roukan

D/N7:
Kill: Polly -> Esifex
Kill: Rikter -> Sana (NB: Extended time)

Warning - while you were typing <Integer> new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

theshirn

« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »
What do all these things meeeeeeean

especially Graze, Bonus and Penalty

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
Cool, I got the best miscellaneous by far! Especially if you don't count the second-highest, which is the only other one with any kind of value :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
Graze
:classifiedinformation:
Spoiler:
It's easy enough to work out, isn't it?
  :V

Bonus, Penalty
Bonus:
. . . quality posts and creativity. I intentionally gave you people almost nothing to work with to see what you would do (or what you could do, to be a little more accurate).

Penalty: Editing posts and things of that sort, things that I requested people don't do.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
T
« Reply #620 on: August 31, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »
You are...

Spoiler:
Kratos 'Milkshake' Aurion, Not-so-Mysterious Figure and Professional Milkshake

Your team allegiance is unknown, but there are occasionally voices in your head that tell you what to do. Of course, it's entirely up to you to follow these orders; you can decide to follow them, or just disregard them entirely... or even sell 'em out  :V

Your win conditions along with additional (general) information will be posted in the main topic. Have fun.

Spoiler:
Sidenote, I have no idea who or what this person is at this point

I assumed my role meant I was allowed to be a bastard and do whatever I want, so I just goofed off in thread, was offered to sell-out my team's QT to Sapz which didn't get anywhere (btw, the QT was pretty much devoid of useful information Sapz :V), and decided in the end that I definitely wanted bombs because why the hell not. I wanted to do more digging around to gather information, but I didn't have much time to do more than the what I said above. :<

Chaore

« Reply #621 on: August 31, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
<Second batch of acquired powers begin to take effect from here; Chaore's bp was not received and was given to Prody>
BAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTYYYYY!

* Chaore crushes his fortune cookie and gets a time out.

Edit: g'damn preview tell me it'll stretch the post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:38:48 PM by Emiya Shirore »

« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »
Oh cripes I just realized my mistake of editing that large wall o illogical text from earlier.

Whoops! >_>

And... I can't believe I didn't realize who Naut was the entire time...

theshirn

« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »
Rereading this topic is amazing and hilarious.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
Oh cripes I just realized my mistake of editing that large wall o illogical text from earlier.
It took me awhile to realize that I hadn't noticed the big enlarged text saying "DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS" ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »
What were the kill conditions? I thought we could only Gotcha! once. Besides abilities from roles, I don't quiiiiite see how Polly killed so much.

Otherwise, deliberately vague rules set up for someone to just go ##kill: everyone not me

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #626 on: August 31, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
Grats to everyone who got RANKU UP!

And thanks to Baitums for the promotion to Idiot Princess~<3

... um.... waitaminute...

DAMMIT BAITY YOU TRICKED ME ;__;

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #627 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
You are...

Spoiler:
Naut, Nobu, Baitikkuri collector collector

You are of <your team name here>, which may or may not have the word "team" in it. Your Team members will be decided by roster formation. See the thread for more information (once it's up).

Your win conditions along with additional (general) information will be posted in the main topic. Have fun.
You have an additional win condition, if you can find one Naut, Nobu, Baitikkuri collector collector and ##Gotcha!: <user> the correct user.

I... Wasn't entirely sure how to play this, so I ended up just doing whatever I felt like at the time.  Although I do attribute the content of my posts to the fact that I was very sleep deprived when I made most of them. >.>  It's good to see that it wasn't as detrimental to my overall score as I thought it would be. >.> (To be honest I thought I was kinda overdoing it and might have been coming off as annoying.  :ohdear:)

...Also, I was kinda sleep deprived when I named my team, and ended up giving it some absurd, long name that I can't even remember.  But oh well, that doesn't really matter anymore anyways~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #628 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
Grats to everyone who got RANKU UP!
fyi I didn't get this from Baity's Challenge :V

although if baity was going to do so then he could jump me up to IM instead. totally.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #629 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
So wait, Moerin had to Gotcha! himself? I'm so lost @.@