Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ THE GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS (v1.07 is out!)  (Read 146202 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ THE GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS (A traditional Touhou RPG)
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
Does anyone else become as awesome as Patch at any point?
Sakuya.

Add 25 ABP to her Time Stop tree (the stabbed clock) and she will gain "Space-time Manipulation" which increases her Private Square duration by one more turn. The ABP 20 bonus of Time Stop gives her Bombs +2, making her max bomb count 8. If you then equip an item that has Bomb +1, she now has 9 bombs. She can now cast Private Square three times for three turns each. You now should equip her claymore (the best one you can make) because during Private Square, SHE DOESN'T MISS (at least, that's what I've heard). Equip Tengu Support (one ally instant turn spell) to Aya and make her cast it on Sakuya before each Private Square so she goes first and boom, she can now get nine hits before the battle actually starts rolling.

This is totally game breaking and you should abuse it when you get 25 ABP if you find the game's bosses really annoying.

as I have said many times:

download =/= pirate.
Oh, shut your piehole, that just assumes no context. Three posts just to say that?

Anyways, if you've been watching the Pooshlmer threads lately, I would like someone to set Catharsis straight please please please please PLEASE. I don't want the translation patch to go kaput because the translator decided to play god with it.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
What does Nitori's skill tree look like? The information is not up on the wiki.

Throw at me the screenshots and I'll gladly TL them for someone to edit into the wiki.

EDIT: Also, materials for making character-specific weapons.  Where do I go to get those?

These are all off the top of my head so the ones I'm unsure about I'll mark "needs confirmation" someone can go check the Youkai Compendium for me or something.

Dark Cobra in STG04 drops Sanae's
Furball in STG03 drops Reimu's
Dark Crow in STG03 drops Aya's
Matango (needs confirmation) in STG03 drops Marisa's

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Quote from: Nat Tea
Anyways, if you've been watching the Pooshlmer threads lately, I would like someone to set Catharsis straight please please please please PLEASE. I don't want the translation patch to go kaput because the translator decided to play god with it.
So what's going wrong so far, again?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
So what's going wrong so far, again?

Catharsis has the extremely bright idea to use SimHei for the translation.

This is completely stupid because it's a JPN to ENG translation patch, not a JPN to CH translation patch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
After reading some stuff over again, I think you people are just having a communication error. A little bit of calm conversation should solve the problem easily. The conversation is going in a fine direction right now, I think, as long as no one gets mad.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
After reading some stuff over again, I think you people are just having a communication error. A little bit of calm conversation should solve the problem easily. The conversation is going in a fine direction right now, I think, as long as no one gets mad.
I think everyone involved in the translation effort - him and everyone else - is involved in a giant communication error.  Nobody's explaining why they do or suggest what they do, until afterwards, and then takes a jackass stance about it.

I think I'm just going to go through this game in Japanese and be happy with it like that, and only pay attention again once it's finished z.z;

Throw at me the screenshots and I'll gladly TL them for someone to edit into the wiki.
Here are skill descriptions for Nitori and Alice.
Nitori 1 2 3 4 5
Alice 1 2 3 4 5

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:28 AM »
<-

I love this game's sprites.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:19 AM »
Yuyuko. What.

How am I supposed to damage her when 4 out of my 5 attacks miss every single turn? And that's with Sanae's Acc buff.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:44 AM »
Yuyuko. What.

How am I supposed to damage her when 4 out of my 5 attacks miss every single turn? And that's with Sanae's Acc buff.
Oh wait, it gets worse 8D

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:23 AM »
Yuyuko. What.

I just came here to ask this myself. :C

Oh wait, it gets worse 8D
Thank God for Hyper Camouflage.

You know, assuming I can even get her health below 95% because HOLY FUCK THAT DODGE RATE

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:36 AM »
Yeah, I've read up on how to cheese out Res Butterfly. I just don't see how I'm expected to get to it in the first place.

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »
I noticed most of the "miss" indicators are green.

Not that I can give an answer to what that means, but it reeks of gimmick.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2010, 05:28:19 AM »
Yuyuko. What.

Cast Sword's Wind (PATK up) with Time Lord Sakuya (refer to my last post) in the team and unleash the fury. If Sakuya gets Sakuya's World while being Time Lord, you are now in the fast lane to victory.

This might not work though.

I noticed most of the "miss" indicators are green.

Not that I can give an answer to what that means, but it reeks of gimmick.
Perfect Dodge. Your characters can do it too, but it's a low percentage.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
Cast Sword's Wind (PATK up) with Time Lord Sakuya (refer to my last post) in the team and unleash the fury. If Sakuya gets Sakuya's World while being Time Lord, you are now in the fast lane to victory.

This might not work though.
Perfect Dodge. Your characters can do it too, but it's a low percentage.
Oh, so basically this fight's just bullshit then.

...great. :<

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2010, 05:40:56 AM »
Is there a debuff that decreses the occurance of PDs? Agi or Dex or something? *goes to check Satori's skill listings*

EDIT: Apparently you can only debuff battle stats. Will debuffing Eva help, then?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:44:08 AM by Blue Basil »

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2010, 05:43:04 AM »
Is there a debuff that decreses the occurance of PDs? Agi or Dex or something? *goes to check Satori's skill listings*
Byakuren's "Omen in Purple Mist" and Unquick should both do the job.  Not sure what Satori's equivalents would be.

EDIT: Satori has Quagmire, though the cooldown is...bad.

EDIT2: To whoever's adding that learning skills section in on Satori's page on the wiki, my Satori has the fire spell from those fairies, and the dark equivalent from something else.  All elements of it are learnable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:46:55 AM by Esoterica »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2010, 05:46:14 AM »
Oh, so basically this fight's just bullshit then.

...great. :<
Actually, not really.

You can survive Res Butterfly by turning up everyone's RES, equipping anti-death items, or adding ABP to Sakuya's Murder skill tree (bloody knife).

They're also hard because I would assume that your characters are probably ten levels above you.

The image link above is spoilers since it tells you stats, resistances and stuff.
Horie dorie~

« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
Actually, not really.

You can survive Res Butterfly by turning up everyone's RES, equipping anti-death items, or adding ABP to Sakuya's Murder skill tree (bloody knife).
Res Butterfly isn't my problem, it's actually managing to even hit her to begin with.

EDIT:

[attach=1]

yeah screw this I'm going to bed
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:09:04 AM by Esoterica »

Use Marisa with full points in Master Spark, spam. Can't miss? and ignore defences tottaly. Useing Nitori as comander also works, she can make enemy evasion 0 for a turn, for 1 bomb.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
ok here are the translations, since I just got home some time ago.

Code: [Select]
NITORI
------

(1) RESEARCH - Strengthens elemental attack skills
Raises the power and adds additional hits

ABP 1 - Enhances Fire/Water/Earth/Elec attack by 10%
ABP 2 - Increases Fire/Water/Earth/Elec power by 10%
ABP 3 - Adds 1 hit
ABP 5 - Decreases DELAY on Fire/Water/Earth/Elec attacks by 1
ABP 7 - Enhances Fire/Water/Earth/Elec attack by 30%
ABP 10 - Adds 2 hits
ABP 13 - Increases Fire/Water/Earth/Elec power by 20%
ABP 16 - Enhances Fire/Water/Earth/Elec attack by 50%
ABP 20 - Increases Fire/Water/Earth/Elec resistance by 1 (!!!)
ABP 25 - Adds 3 hits, +1 Bomb

(2) STRENGTHEN WEAPONRY - Strengthens physical attack and defense

ABP 1 - P. ATK + 5
ABP 2 - P. DEF + 5
ABP 3 - Accuracy + 5
ABP 5 - P. ATK + 10
ABP 7 - Accuracy + 10
ABP 10 - P. DEF + 10
ABP 13 - P. ATK + 20
ABP 16 - Accuracy + 20
ABP 20 - P. DEF + 20
ABP 25 - P. ATK + 35

(3) INVENTION - Strengthens Regeneration

ABP 1 - Increases Stun resistance by 1
ABP 2 - Increases skill cast time by 10%
ABP 3 - +1 Bomb
ABP 5 - Autoregen +20
ABP 7 - M. DEF + 5
ABP 10 - Autoregen +40
ABP 13 - Meditation 1
ABP 16 - M. DEF + 10
ABP 20 - Autoregen +60
ABP 25 - Meditation 2

(4) KAPPA WISDOM - HP and MP Booster

ABP 1 - MP + 10%
ABP 2 - General Resistance +5
ABP 3 - HP + 10%
ABP 5 - MP + 20%
ABP 7 - Causation + 20
ABP 10 - Physical skill DELAY decrease by 1
ABP 13 - MP + 30%
ABP 16 - HP + 20%
ABP 20 - MP Usage for spells -25%
ABP 25 - MP + 40%

GUN - Nitori's unique weapon. Pierce element.
High power, low-ish accuracy.

ABP 1 - High Accuracy attack (Zero Fighter)
ABP 2 - P. ATK + 15, Accuracy + 5
ABP 3 - Damage boost against weakness +25%
ABP 5 - Add element to attacks (Element Bullet)
ABP 7 - P. ATK + 30, Accuracy + 10
ABP 10 - 4 hit attack (Calculated Barrage)
ABP 13 - Smooth attacking (Spitfire)
ABP 16 - P. ATK + 50, Accuracy + 15
ABP 20 - Ignores enemy's critical evade
ABP 25 - 8 hit attack

ALICE
-----

CONTROL - Strengthens the Defensive Skills

ABP 1 - Marionette Parar DELAY -1, times of activation +1
ABP 2 - Shield Skill MP cost -25%
ABP 3 - Spectral Mystery Shield Defense +50%
ABP 5 - Marionette Parar Shield Evasion rate +50%
ABP 7 - Doll Shield skill DELAY -1
ABP 10 - On Covering allies, Shield Evasion rate +1000%
ABP 13 - Marionette Parar DELAY -1, times of activation +3
ABP 16 - Shield skill DELAY -1
ABP 20 - Shield skill MP cost -50%
ABP 25 - Marionette Parar Shield Evasion rate +100%

CREATION - Strengthens HP and Defense
Raises the potential of the Shield

ABP 1 - Shield Defense +20%
ABP 2 - Shield Evasion rate +20%
ABP 3 - HP + 15%
ABP 5 - P. DEF + 15
ABP 7 - Shield Defense +40%
ABP 10 - HP + 30%
ABP 13 - P. DEF + 30
ABP 16 - Shield Evasion rate +40%
ABP 20 - Shield Defense +60%
ABP 25 - HP + 50%

PUPPETS - Strengthens the Support skills

ABP 1 - Field Effects last for 1 extra turn
ABP 2 - Causation + 20
ABP 3 - General Resistance + 5
ABP 5 - Field Effects last for 3 extra turns
ABP 7 - Magical skill DELAY -1
ABP 10 - General Resistance + 10
ABP 13 - Artful Enchanter has duration increased by 3 turns
ABP 16 - General Resistance + 15
ABP 20 - Field Effects last for 5 extra turns
ABP 25 - Magic skill MP cost -50%

SELF-DESTRUCTION - Strengthen the attacking skills

ABP 1 - Accuracy + 5
ABP 2 - Remote Sacrifice Power +25%
ABP 3 - +1 Bomb
ABP 5 - P. ATK + 5
ABP 7 - Accuracy + 10
ABP 10 - P. ATK + 10
ABP 13 - +2 Bombs
ABP 16 - Accuracy + 15
ABP 20 - P. ATK + 15
ABP 25 - HP Loss from Straw Doll Kamikaze -50%

KICKING - Using Alice's unique weapon
High accuracy, low power

ABP 1 - Single target attacking skill, inflict "EVA Down"
ABP 2 - P. ATK + 5, Accuracy + 5
ABP 3 - Repeated attack
ABP 5 - Halves the effect of the enemy shield, increases the rate of inflicting status on attack
ABP 7 - P. ATK + 15, Accuracy + 15
ABP 10 - 10% to Deflect physical attacks
ABP 13 - Single target attacking skill, inflict "ACC Down", cannot Shield defend against it
ABP 16 - P. ATK + 25, Accuracy + 25
ABP 20 - Single target attacking skill, Taunts them
ABP 25 - Chance to continue attacking

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
as I have said many times:

download =/= pirate.

Indeed, but download sometimes equals pirate, and if it's beyond a reasonable doubt you mean anything else but pirate when you mention 'downloading a game', that's when we step in.

When someone mentioned, alludes, or asks about downloads relating to a game, staff does its homework before deciding to comment or step in. I.E. first checking whether the game is either 1. Freeware, 2. Has a demo that the person could be talking about or 3. Has download as one of its possible purchasing options. If it is none of these, then we can only assume you're talking about pirating the game. And i'm one person who likes to give people benefit of the doubt as well, which is why I just issued a light warning instead of anything more heavy because I couldn't confirm whether there was a demo of some kind out there.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
So yeah, this game's pretty fun.  Just hit the 3rd stage.  Even if I can't read what the characters are saying...Remi at the end of stage 2 and her little tirade are priceless. 

Also...really stupid that new characters join in at lv1 when the rest of the crew is at lv6, but whatever.  I'll just grind them up to speed in stage 2 so they're much closer to my other characters.

But anyways...Sakuya is oh god powerful.  Making a new claymore for her + some points into her claymore tree + Illusions tree = Hello to whacking everything for around 80-100 dmg a hit.

Patchy's no slouch either.  Just that once her MP goes poof, she's kinda useless.  I imagine getting her a good weapon and switching her points in her skill trees to more physically based ones will do fine until I can get it refilled in such a case.

Lv4 for Sakuya, Patchy, and Nitori (current commander).  Using Marisa and Aya to help out with grinding those three up to lv8 before I go deeper into the 3rd stage.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
I love this game! 
Currently at Alice and she's destroying my party.
Kinda weird how I'm having so much fun (smiling like crazy :V) being defeated.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Just reached the 5th stage.  Alice proved to be a challenge as I needed 3 tries to bring her down.  1st fail one of the dolls was solo and basically decided to pull a FF Bomb and explode + wipe my entire party.  2nd fail Mokou got KO'd way too early, resulting in a wipe a few turns later.

3rd time...swapped out Patchy, put in Marisa, got through the fight without anyone going down...and finished the fight in style with a Master Spark, heh.

4th stage was nothing special.  Okuu and Orin got owned on the first attempt.  Probably helped that Byakuren did like 400+ dmg or something really high to Okuu with her light element spell and that I wiped off all her HP in 3 turns basically.

5th stage...besides the fact that Satori will likely be my boss for this stage, oh god enemies with party wide charm spells and those enemies that look like ones from the early FF games doing party wide paralysis spells.  Might actually have to invest in some accessories to help against them.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Okuu has a really exploitable weakness to Light that more people need to abuse.

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Okuu has a really exploitable weakness to Light that more people need to abuse.
They both also have an even more exploitable weakness to water. :3

How successful have you guys been in getting Satori to learn spells? I have yet to see this ability trigger.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
How successful have you guys been in getting Satori to learn spells? I have yet to see this ability trigger.
She must be at a certain level or higher (it seems) to learn the skill, she must be hit by it, and putting points into her :smug: skill tree gives bonuses to learning. The first point apparently gives a 100% bonus, so it might be REQUIRED to do that for learning.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Cleared the 5th stage.  Game Over'd twice there...and neither of them to Satori surprisingly.  One came because of those lovely enemies with the party wide paralysis spells (and normal attacks that carry a chance of instant death, joy), the other I just kept getting screwed over by an enemy with a party wide "LOL you lose your turn!" that essentially always hit Byakuren and Patchy, resulting in me going poof cause of other enemies with insta death attacks.

Satori herself went by amazingly easy.  Alice was able to soak up all of the attacks I saw during the fight which lasted...4-5 turns I think?  I dunno, but it went by rather fast.  Probably also helped that Alice got a Last Word chance after taking 2 hits tops...not like Satori really did anything that made me panic to be honest.  Some sort of negative status spell on Alice that failed, a couple single target spells (That weren't even super threatening truthfully), a debuff I think...yeah.

Might have also helped that I used Sakuya's one field affecting skill that nulled all healing effects too.  Kinda figuring every major boss at this point is going to have some form of regen going on.

So did Satori have anything in her skillset that would have basically been a screw you to me and I just got really lucky?

6th stage now.  Party levels running around 16-17 at the moment.  I'll deal with leveling up Satori when I get my final party member.