Author Topic: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 75030 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »
>Take a seat as well
>How well do we remember what Utsuho described of our role in that, with the video and such?

>You sit down, it's nice to take a load off.
>You sort of remember this. It's getting clearer as she talks about things, though.

> "Cat? Video? Uh...I don't suppose this would be the best time to mention that I don't remember a whole lot of what happened myself."

>"You too?" she says. "Well, that's annoying. Not a huge surprise though. You guys were ghost chasers. And, well, we found one. A cat ghost. It was, turns out, my sister's youkai part. You guys tried to film it, and got me in the video. Which you did, the ghosts that had attached themselves to me during the day were visible. Which, well, did a lot to help me learn what was going on. Sound familiar?"
>It does. You're remembering these incidents pretty clearly now. You were pretty scared of Utsuho, at first, when you saw those ghosts around her.

>"I'll be honest, I went topside since I was afraid of getting between you and Yuugi. My first impression of oni kidnapping attempts made me worry about how safe it is here, and I didn't know what I could do about it. But I met a lot of nice youkai aboveground, so I'm feeling a lot more comfortable now. If I can help, I think I owe it to you, but I'd rather discuss the Isle first if that's okay."
>"Moriya... goddesses? That's a new one. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point..."
>"Though I'm afraid I don't remember much of anything about what happened in the Isle. My memory's fuzzy. What did we... what were we doing before I arrived here?"

>She nods. "Okay, I won't blame you for thinking like that."
>"Yeah, the live up on Youkai Mountain topside. They're...yeah. Not much I can say about them right now."
>"Well, after that, I kinda left you guys alone. I was doing really dangerous stuff, and didn't want to get you involved."

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »
>"What dangerous stuff were you doing?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2010, 06:30:41 AM »
>"I appreciate you want to keep us from getting involved, if it was dangerous. Of course, now I've ended up involved in a way that I wouldn't have ever thought possible. But... I can't say that I mind, really. I mean, you know that we were always looking for this kind of stuff, and to be surrounded with it like this is just amazing."
>"Why did the goddesses do it, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:43 AM »
>"What dangerous stuff were you doing?"

>"Well," says Utsuho with little smile, "We broke into the Research Institute. That is...the parts in the back that only a few people were allowed in to. And, um, we kinda got the military, the police, and a cutthroat international organization after us."

>"I appreciate you want to keep us from getting involved, if it was dangerous. Of course, now I've ended up involved in a way that I wouldn't have ever thought possible. But... I can't say that I mind, really. I mean, you know that we were always looking for this kind of stuff, and to be surrounded with it like this is just amazing."
>"Why did the goddesses do it, anyway?"

>She nods. "Yeah, I...kinda didn't think you'd actually be pulled over with us. But I guess you're okay with it, by the sound of it."
>"Why? That's a complicated answer, and I think I only mostly understand it, myself.  But I'll try to explain. First and foremost, they did it for their priestess, Sanae. She had a dream of some kind, which could only be fulfilled outside. They came from outside too, I should add in. After that, I think they wanted to try to make the best of it all, and they tried to make life better for people. My aunt Koishi was involved in this, too. She wanted to try to make life better for herself and Satori, getting rid of their mind reading. So, that's about it. For Sanae, and then apparently for everyone."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »
> "And you changed things back, I assume? Sounds like it, from the way you were talking earlier."
> "If this was supposed to benefit your aunt Koishi, though, and Satori, why did you change it back?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »
>"If she needed to be outside to fulfill some dream of hers, couldn't they just return there without taking everything else with them? I mean, that had to be significantly harder, with all the changes to the world and to the people in it."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »
>"That's unbelievable... do you have any idea what might have happened to those people after you in the outside world? I wonder what they might think of all this..."
>"Actually, is there anything important I should know about that 'cutthroat organization?'"
>"This seems to be rather unexpected for everyone that I've talked to, and I'm hoping Keine will have a good explanation for it. She said that I was carried over 'in the currents,' I think - by chance, perhaps guided by my own desires. Or maybe magical ability, after speaking with Byakuren about that. Still, it's a bit of a mystery..."
>"So they pulled it over to fulfill Sanae's dream, and help Satori and Koishi get away from their powers... that seems pretty shortsighted, but I think I understand. And in a way they've fulfilled my dream, too, so... I really don't know what to think."
>"What WAS Sanae's dream, out of curiosity?"
>Mental note: Marisa is going to want to hear this. We may want to take notes, if Utsuho can't head topside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »
> "And you changed things back, I assume? Sounds like it, from the way you were talking earlier."
> "If this was supposed to benefit your aunt Koishi, though, and Satori, why did you change it back?"

>"Well, I knocked them out so Keine could do the real heavy work of fixing it," says Utsuho.
>"Because, in the end, I don't think she really wanted it that way. I went through a lot of trouble to get Satori's memories restored, so I could ask what she thought. She said, in the end, although it was nice for a little while, it was time for things to go back."

>"If she needed to be outside to fulfill some dream of hers, couldn't they just return there without taking everything else with them? I mean, that had to be significantly harder, with all the changes to the world and to the people in it."

>"If I understand it right," she says, "They came here to keep from dying from lack of faith. I think they wanted to bring their new followers back with them? Or maybe, they didn't want Sanae to lose her new friends? Maybe things just ballooned out from the original plan, and they really did think they were helping the world? I don't know."

>"That's unbelievable... do you have any idea what might have happened to those people after you in the outside world? I wonder what they might think of all this..."
>"Actually, is there anything important I should know about that 'cutthroat organization?'"
>"This seems to be rather unexpected for everyone that I've talked to, and I'm hoping Keine will have a good explanation for it. She said that I was carried over 'in the currents,' I think - by chance, perhaps guided by my own desires. Or maybe magical ability, after speaking with Byakuren about that. Still, it's a bit of a mystery..."
>"So they pulled it over to fulfill Sanae's dream, and help Satori and Koishi get away from their powers... that seems pretty shortsighted, but I think I understand. And in a way they've fulfilled my dream, too, so... I really don't know what to think."
>"What WAS Sanae's dream, out of curiosity?"
>Mental note: Marisa is going to want to hear this. We may want to take notes, if Utsuho can't head topside.

>"I don't know what happened with the stuff outside," says Utsuho, "But I trust Keine took care of them, too. As for that organization, I doubt they can get to us. From what I know, their deal was hiding things, and if we hid ourselves... They might not even remember us.
>"Well, I sure don't know why you were pulled over. Although, it is kinda nice to have you around, so I won't be too upset about it if you're not."
>"Yeah. I can't help but think it wasn't good. Keine talked about how they caused lots of problems doing what they did. I think that's why she was so intent on doing it."
>"I...never really found out what her dream was."
>If only you had something to write on...

>_

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2010, 07:12:49 AM »
>"You knocked out a couple of goddesses? Can't say I would have quite expected that out of you when we first met... Do you think they remember what happened, or would their memories still be fuzzy like most other people's? Do you.... think they might still be angry with you over this?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:33 AM »
>"Lack of faith... I can see why that would be a concern."
>"And it's possible that they did think it was best for the outside world, as well. There are a lot of really neat things about magic that I've seen so far, and I know there's a lot of people out there that would like to know about it... for benign reasons or otherwise. But it doesn't seem like it was worth the cost."
>"I'm not sure whether I want to leave or not. There's so many amazing things here, though there's also some missing conveniences I'm used to having... but I think I want to explore for now, and enjoy what I can before really deciding. Especially since I'm not sure where Renko is. If I got brought through after getting involved with you and having an interest in the 'supernatural,' she might have been brought along, too. And that special ability of hers... that might be a sign of magic, too. I want to find her and hear what she thinks before I make any really big decisions here."
>"Listen - Marisa seemed... upset when I mentioned this whole thing to her, and Keine's involvement. She's planning to talk with her once class lets out, and I'd like to come along, too. But in the meantime Marisa'd probably want to hear your version of events, and if you're at all interested in hearing Keine's explanation, it'd be good to only have to ask her to do it once. Would you be able to come up with me to talk with her when it's time?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »
>"You knocked out a couple of goddesses? Can't say I would have quite expected that out of you when we first met... Do you think they remember what happened, or would their memories still be fuzzy like most other people's? Do you.... think they might still be angry with you over this?"

>"Fusion's not a joke, that's all have to say about that," Utsuho answers. "Do they remember? Probably. Are they angry? ...Probably. I admit, I'm not in a hurry to run back up the mountain and find out, even if I could."

>"Lack of faith... I can see why that would be a concern."
>"And it's possible that they did think it was best for the outside world, as well. There are a lot of really neat things about magic that I've seen so far, and I know there's a lot of people out there that would like to know about it... for benign reasons or otherwise. But it doesn't seem like it was worth the cost."
>"I'm not sure whether I want to leave or not. There's so many amazing things here, though there's also some missing conveniences I'm used to having... but I think I want to explore for now, and enjoy what I can before really deciding. Especially since I'm not sure where Renko is. If I got brought through after getting involved with you and having an interest in the 'supernatural,' she might have been brought along, too. And that special ability of hers... that might be a sign of magic, too. I want to find her and hear what she thinks before I make any really big decisions here."
>"Listen - Marisa seemed... upset when I mentioned this whole thing to her, and Keine's involvement. She's planning to talk with her once class lets out, and I'd like to come along, too. But in the meantime Marisa'd probably want to hear your version of events, and if you're at all interested in hearing Keine's explanation, it'd be good to only have to ask her to do it once. Would you be able to come up with me to talk with her when it's time?"

>"I don't know much about how faith works for them, to be honest," says Utsuho. "Really I'm just kind of parroting what I've been told."
>"Well, that's the thing," says Utsuho. "The magic and stuff? It was suppressed. It didn't happen. The things we found? Those were accidents, really."
>"I can respect that," she says with a nod as you talk about whether or not you want to stay. "As for Renko, I really have been keeping my ear open, and I've not heard a thing. But she has to be around here. You two were too close to think otherwise."
>"I'd like to just put it all behind me," says Utsuho, "and just get back to life. But if Marisa wants to know things, I'll tell her. That said, I can't be leaving the city any time soon, even if I wanted to get involved with all that."

>_

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
>"Yeah, speaking of that. What is the story between you and Parsee and Yuugi? If I'm not butting in, that is. I heard a little about it front Parsee, and well... is Yuugi really planning to try to beat the hell out of you today?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »
>"Alright. I'll forward what you've said, though. Unless you have something you could write her a letter on or something?"
>"I find it hard to believe that magic would only exist in the outside world when Gensokyo's been pushed there, especially since me and Renko had our abilities working well before going to Gensokyo Isle. If it's just a matter of being able to use it..."
>"... unless... we had those powers because we were part of the timeline that Gensokyo Isle actually existed in, but the outer world without it wouldn't have it, or maybe deny our existence...?" Sigh. "This multiple-reality stuff is confusing as hell."
>"Thanks for the reassurance about Renko... I just hope I can find her before she REALLY gets into trouble."
>"And why can't you leave the city? Yuugi?"

>... hmm. If we were Renko, waking up somewhere in Gensokyo, where would we try and go?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »
>"Yeah, speaking of that. What is the story between you and Parsee and Yuugi? If I'm not butting in, that is. I heard a little about it front Parsee, and well... is Yuugi really planning to try to beat the hell out of you today?"

>"Well, Parsee and Yuugi are a couple in this world," says Utsuho. "Problem is...well...outside, they didn't remember that. Then Parsee and I well...you know." She grins and shakes her head. "We fell for each other pretty hard. Then we all got our old memories back, and..." she shrugs. "Things got messy. Parsee loves us both, and really isn't wanting to choose. Which I guess I can't blame her for. I can't imagine feeling this way about two people. And Yuugi, well, as far as she's concerned, I swooped in and stole her girl. And she wants me knocked out the picture. So yeah, she wants to beat the hell out of me. She'll get the hell part, though, just not the rest."

>"Alright. I'll forward what you've said, though. Unless you have something you could write her a letter on or something?"
>"I find it hard to believe that magic would only exist in the outside world when Gensokyo's been pushed there, especially since me and Renko had our abilities working well before going to Gensokyo Isle. If it's just a matter of being able to use it..."
>"... unless... we had those powers because we were part of the timeline that Gensokyo Isle actually existed in, but the outer world without it wouldn't have it, or maybe deny our existence...?" Sigh. "This multiple-reality stuff is confusing as hell."
>"Thanks for the reassurance about Renko... I just hope I can find her before she REALLY gets into trouble."
>"And why can't you leave the city? Yuugi?"

>... hmm. If we were Renko, waking up somewhere in Gensokyo, where would we try and go?

>"You can tell her," says Utsuho. "If she needs it from me, I'll be here."
>"Well, the Moriya Goddesses came from outside," says Utsuho, "So you're probably right. And I don't think the Foundation was made because of Gensokyo, if it was International. But, I think Gensokyo is probably a lot more magical than anything outside, so it had to be hidden to blend in."
>"She's gotta be out there," says Utsuho. "Don't worry. She's smart enough to stay out of trouble."
>"Yep. I'm going to play this oni stuff to the hilt. She isn't going to find a thing lacking on my end."
>You are pretty sure Renko would be studying, examining, and trying to make unified theorems about everything. She certainly wouldn't have accepted magic as easily as you did. She'd have to prod and measure and question. So...if you were here, you'd be looking for ways to do that.

>_

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
>"That's... a pretty unique kind of situation. I mean, I can see where Yuugi's coming from, but even if she did beat you into a pulp, that doesn't solve anything. I mean, Parsee said it to me herself, it's not like either of you beating the other changes anything about how she feels about you. Or would it be impossible to get that idea through to Yuugi?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2010, 08:03:05 AM »
>"... hey, I just had a weird thought. There's a bunch of fairies aboveground gathered together for some secretive purpose, because they got a funny idea, if that girl with Byakuren is right. I wonder if they're being secretive for the sake of being secretive, inspired by that Foundation group?"
>"... sorry, that was silly. I know you didn't get to know Renko too well, uh, on the Isle, but is there anywhere in Gensokyo you think she might have tried to go, given the opportunity? I think she'd be interested in trying to figure out how magic works, and trying to reconcile it with the laws of physics as she knows them. Is there anyone with similar interests?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:03 PM »
> Make a mental note to check the Mountain in case Renko ended up with the Moriya's.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »
>"That's... a pretty unique kind of situation. I mean, I can see where Yuugi's coming from, but even if she did beat you into a pulp, that doesn't solve anything. I mean, Parsee said it to me herself, it's not like either of you beating the other changes anything about how she feels about you. Or would it be impossible to get that idea through to Yuugi?"

>"You've got it on the nose," says Utsuho. "But it comes down to how oni see things. As far as she's concerned, if she wins, I'm no longer as legitimate. I'm kinda of assuming the reverse is true, too. But like you said, it's not really going to resolve shit, but it'll make Yuugi feel better.

>"... hey, I just had a weird thought. There's a bunch of fairies aboveground gathered together for some secretive purpose, because they got a funny idea, if that girl with Byakuren is right. I wonder if they're being secretive for the sake of being secretive, inspired by that Foundation group?"
>"... sorry, that was silly. I know you didn't get to know Renko too well, uh, on the Isle, but is there anywhere in Gensokyo you think she might have tried to go, given the opportunity? I think she'd be interested in trying to figure out how magic works, and trying to reconcile it with the laws of physics as she knows them. Is there anyone with similar interests?"

>"...I don't know if that'd be funny or sad," says Utsuho. "It'd be dangerous, though. Those guys are ruthless, from everything I heard."
>Utsuho rubs her chin. "She might be hanging around the kappa, up on the mountain/ They've got a good number of engineers around."

> Make a mental note to check the Mountain in case Renko ended up with the Moriya's.

>It's possible. You don't know how Renko would react to meeting a goddess. ...Well, maybe you do.

>_

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
>"Well, if it really does come down to fighting with Yuugi, I hope no one gets too hurt. And that you win, too, of course. I wish there was something more I could do to help things; I really do."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
>"Well, if it really does come down to fighting with Yuugi, I hope no one gets too hurt. And that you win, too, of course. I wish there was something more I could do to help things; I really do."

>"I don't really know what you could do about that," says Utsuho, "But if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. If you want though, there are some unrelated things you could do that'd really help me out."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »
> "I'm game. What do you need, I'll see what I can do to help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »
> "I'm game. What do you need, I'll see what I can do to help."

>"If you find your way up Youkai Mountain," says Utsuho, "It'd really help me out if you could check in on Nitori. She's a Kappa engineer, and we were pretty good friends in the other world. I kinda left her dangling, though, and I don't know how she is."
>"Also, if you find your way near Scarlet Devil Mansion," she pulls a Pocketwatch out of her dress pocket and places it on the table, "Give that to Sakuya. It's her's, I just kind of ended up with it in the other world."
>"And...um..." she fidgets a little. "If by any chance, you see Koishi, could you find out how she's doing? Maybe ask her to come back home for a little while?"

>_

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »
>"Oh, I've already spoken with Sakuya, actually. A whole bunch of their maids flew away at once, and Patchouli asked me to look into it for them. I'll make sure she gets it. Might brighten a frustrating day, anyway."
>Take the pocketwatch

>"And I'll definitely put in a word with those two if I see them. You... seem a little uncomfortable about Koishi."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »
> "Sakuya will be no problem. I've actually talked to her already, regarding help fixing a situation where a whole bunch of their maids deserted them."
> "Koishi I'll keep an eye out for. Why did she leave?"
> "If I'm on Youkai Mountain to look for this Nitori, do you want me to talk to those goddesses too? Or are you done with them for good?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
>"Oh, I've already spoken with Sakuya, actually. A whole bunch of their maids flew away at once, and Patchouli asked me to look into it for them. I'll make sure she gets it. Might brighten a frustrating day, anyway."
>Take the pocketwatch

>"And I'll definitely put in a word with those two if I see them. You... seem a little uncomfortable about Koishi."
> "Sakuya will be no problem. I've actually talked to her already, regarding help fixing a situation where a whole bunch of their maids deserted them."
> "Koishi I'll keep an eye out for. Why did she leave?"
> "If I'm on Youkai Mountain to look for this Nitori, do you want me to talk to those goddesses too? Or are you done with them for good?

>"You already met with Sakuya?" says Utsuho. "Good, that'll make it easy on you,"
>You obtain: The Pocketwatch
>"As for Koishi, it's...complicated. She ran away from home a long time ago, because she couldn't deal with being a mind reader. That's why she got involved with the whole plot. Our last exchange wasn't pleasant at all." Utsuho sighs. "She called me a traitor, and said that'd be the last time we ever met."
>You bring up the goddesses. "Well...I guess I wouldn't mind knowing what they're up to, at least."

>_

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
>"A traitor....? Oh, Utsuho, that's.... Well, I'll definitely speak with her if I find her anywhere."
>"When do you think you and Yuugi are going to have it out, today, anyway? Everyone seems to think it's happening today. Is there like a time set for it, or just whenever she wanders by and feels like it?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
> "Oh dear. I sympathize with you. Maybe a three-way conversation with Satori is in order for you two. What does she look like?"
> "I can ask the goddesses what they're up to, but...it sounds like a delicate situation, and I don't want them to go after you again. Or go after me, really. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to say to them, or is it just a mild curiosity?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »
>"A traitor....? Oh, Utsuho, that's.... Well, I'll definitely speak with her if I find her anywhere."
>"When do you think you and Yuugi are going to have it out, today, anyway? Everyone seems to think it's happening today. Is there like a time set for it, or just whenever she wanders by and feels like it?"

>She nods, not really looking at you anymore. "I appreciate it."
>"Not sure when Yuugi's coming. I've heard she's been taking the whole thing badly..."

> "Oh dear. I sympathize with you. Maybe a three-way conversation with Satori is in order for you two. What does she look like?"
> "I can ask the goddesses what they're up to, but...it sounds like a delicate situation, and I don't want them to go after you again. Or go after me, really. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to say to them, or is it just a mild curiosity?"

>"Yeah, probably. Koishi is kind of short, like Satori, She's got sort of teal hair, and green eyes. She's also got a third eye like Satori does. There's a portrait of her in the sitting room."
>"What to say...what to say..." she shakes her head. "I don't know. I mean, you're right, I don't want to set them off by coming off as gloating after taking their whole thing apart. Maybe, just start out by finding out how they're doing? Oh, watch out for Suwako, the little blonde one. She's more like the type to hold a grudge."

>_

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »
>"Have you actually spoken to Yuugi face to face about this, yet?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »
> "Hmm. What if I told them you were curious about Sanae's dream? You seemed regretful that you never found out what that was when you talked about it. Or do you think that would be gloating?