Author Topic: Maribel Quest Latterly - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 76574 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest Latterly - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
> Follow her.
> "Well, I - wait, where are you going?"

>"You said I should use some water, right? And I need to wash the snake out of my mouth, anyways."
>She approaches the lakeshore, kneels down, and sets to doing these things.

>_

« Reply #931 on: August 10, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »
>"Anyway, you know the lady with the grill? She used to be a bird, too. You probably have something in common, having both gone through the same transformation. She's been a youkai for a lot longer than you have, though. It might be good for you to try talking to her a little. Might help you learn some of the things you don't understand yet about the new life you're leading."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #932 on: August 10, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
>"Anyway, you know the lady with the grill? She used to be a bird, too. You probably have something in common, having both gone through the same transformation. She's been a youkai for a lot longer than you have, though. It might be good for you to try talking to her a little. Might help you learn some of the things you don't understand yet about the new life you're leading."
> Add "Oh, okay" in front of this.
> Add "She doesn't like fairies either. They go out and bother her even when she doesn't do anything to them, just like they do with you." at the end of it.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: August 10, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
> Add "Oh, okay" in front of this.
> Add "She doesn't like fairies either. They go out and bother her even when she doesn't do anything to them, just like they do with you." at the end of it.

>You explain things about Mystia to her.
>"That does sound kind of nice, but she doesn't like me. Are you sure this would work out?"

>_

« Reply #934 on: August 10, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
>"I don't think that she doesn't like you. I think there was probably a misunderstanding. Did you try to take food from her stand without paying her, maybe?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: August 10, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
>"I don't think that she doesn't like you. I think there was probably a misunderstanding. Did you try to take food from her stand without paying her, maybe?"

>"...Maybe?" she says. "I saw her give food to some person, so I asked her to give me some too. Then she said weird things, and then started shouting at me..."
>She sounds unsure of herself as she elaborates on this.

>_

« Reply #936 on: August 10, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »
>"Yeah, I think it was just a misunderstanding. You see, she sells food. You have to give me money in exchange for it. Stuff like this."
>Show her a couple coins.
>"She probably didn't realize that you didn't know this. She probably thought you were just trying to get it without paying."
>"C'mon, let's go talk to her. I'm sure it'll be ok, this time. She was friendly to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: August 10, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
>"Yeah, I think it was just a misunderstanding. You see, she sells food. You have to give me money in exchange for it. Stuff like this."
>Show her a couple coins.
>"She probably didn't realize that you didn't know this. She probably thought you were just trying to get it without paying."
>"C'mon, let's go talk to her. I'm sure it'll be ok, this time. She was friendly to me."

>"Well, I guess," she says, after cupping her hands into the lake and having a drink. "You've been right about these things before."

>_

« Reply #938 on: August 10, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
>"I'm sure it'll be fine."
>Smile
>Head back to Mystia's with Tokiko in tow

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: August 10, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
>"I'm sure it'll be fine."
>Smile
>Head back to Mystia's with Tokiko in tow

>"Okay, but if she does something angry, you have to hold her off."
>You offer her a smile. She returns it, if a bit fragilely.
>You head back toward Mystia's Stand, and find her busy preparing something. "Hey there, Maribel!" says Mystia, then she notices Tokiko. "Wait, weren't you here a year ago?"
>Tokiko shrinks behind you.

>_

« Reply #940 on: August 10, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
>"Yeah, she was here a while ago. I think there was a little misunderstanding at the time."
>To Tokiko, gently: "Don't worry, you don't need to hide."
>To Mystia: "It might help if you tell her that you have no intention of attacking her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: August 10, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
>"Yeah, she was here a while ago. I think there was a little misunderstanding at the time."
>To Tokiko, gently: "Don't worry, you don't need to hide."
>To Mystia: "It might help if you tell her that you have no intention of attacking her."

>"I'll bet," says Mystia a little dryly.
>Tokiko nods, and half steps from behind you.
>A look of bewilderment passes over Mystia's face. Then she shrugs and says, "I'm not going to attack you as long as you behave, geez."
>Tokiko nods. "Okay, good..."

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #942 on: August 10, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
>I think we need to first explain to Mystia that Tokiko doesn't know a lot about what we consider to be everyday things, like money. As soon as we clear up the old misunderstanding, we can move on up from there.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #943 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »
>Regret not giving Tokiko an economics 001 lesson before coming.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #944 on: August 10, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
>"You see, Mystia, I think she's pretty new to being a youkai, and doesn't really understand how a lot of things work. Like money and paying for things, for example. You said you were a bird yourself once, so I was thinking maybe you'd be able to relate to how it was when you first turned youkai?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: August 10, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
>I think we need to first explain to Mystia that Tokiko doesn't know a lot about what we consider to be everyday things, like money. As soon as we clear up the old misunderstanding, we can move on up from there.

>This seems to be the plan!

>Regret not giving Tokiko an economics 001 lesson before coming.

>That might have helped. But she seems to have trade well in hand, at least.

>"You see, Mystia, I think she's pretty new to being a youkai, and doesn't really understand how a lot of things work. Like money and paying for things, for example. You said you were a bird yourself once, so I was thinking maybe you'd be able to relate to how it was when you first turned youkai?"

>Mystia nods. "Yeah, kinda. So, what do you want me to do about it?"

>_

« Reply #946 on: August 10, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
>"Well, I just thought it might be nice if she had someone to talk to who's been through some of the same things. I've been trying to explain a few things to her, but I'd imagine you have a better perspective on it."

>"How much is a grilled lamprey, anyway? I actually have some money, now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: August 10, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
>"Well, I just thought it might be nice if she had someone to talk to who's been through some of the same things. I've been trying to explain a few things to her, but I'd imagine you have a better perspective on it."

>"How much is a grilled lamprey, anyway? I actually have some money, now."

>"I suppose I could," says Mystia. "As long as she's willing to be good."
>"5☼ for a small, 10☼ for a large," she says.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #948 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »
>Buy Tokiko a  large. We can afford the expense. Why not explain a bit more while we do so?

« Reply #949 on: August 10, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
>If we're still hungry, buy one for ourself, too.

>"She's not a troublemaker at all. She's actually really shy."
>"Come on, Tokiko, have a seat here."
>"I guess it must have taken you a while to figure out things after you stopped being a bird, too, Mystia? Or is the process a little different for every youkai?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #950 on: August 10, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
>Buy Tokiko a  large. We can afford the expense. Why not explain a bit more while we do so?

>If we're still hungry, buy one for ourself, too.

>"She's not a troublemaker at all. She's actually really shy."
>"Come on, Tokiko, have a seat here."
>"I guess it must have taken you a while to figure out things after you stopped being a bird, too, Mystia? Or is the process a little different for every youkai?"

>You get yourself a small, and Tokiko a large, as she has a seat next to you. Mystia takes your money and puts the meat on the grill.
>"I was pretty social, so it wasn't hard," says Mystia. "Most of us aren't that shy, I guess."
>"I'm sorry..." Tokiko says.

>_

« Reply #951 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
>"You don't need to apologize for being shy, Tokiko. But most people don't want to hurt you. And I think you'd find that spending time with people can be enjoyable, if you give them a chance."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: August 10, 2010, 08:37:15 PM »
>"You don't need to apologize for being shy, Tokiko. But most people don't want to hurt you. And I think you'd find that spending time with people can be enjoyable, if you give them a chance."

>She nods. You get the feeling she's out of her depth.
>"Yeah, don't worry too much about things, Tokiko, was it?"
>Tokiko nods. "Well," the cook continues, "I'm Mystia. And things'll be okay, alright?"

>_

« Reply #953 on: August 10, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »
>"You see?"
>About how long does it take those things to cook, anyway?
>If it's more than a couple minutes, and we're sufficiently far away from a spitting grill or whatever, take out the books and show Tokiko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #954 on: August 10, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
>"You see?"
>About how long does it take those things to cook, anyway?
>If it's more than a couple minutes, and we're sufficiently far away from a spitting grill or whatever, take out the books and show Tokiko

>She nods. "Well, okay."
>You have a few moments, so you present her with the books. "Oh, these look nice," she says, as she takes them and looks them over. She seems a little confused by The Wind in the Willows. She starts to read it. "...This is different," she says.

>_

« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2010, 08:56:39 PM »
>"Yeah, it's a story. There are books on all kinds of different topics that you probably don't even realize exist."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: August 10, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
>"Yeah, it's a story. There are books on all kinds of different topics that you probably don't even realize exist."

>She nods. "Huh. I had wondered why it didn't seem like anyone did that, but I though it wasn't done since books are supposed to be treasures."

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #957 on: August 10, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
> "Generally books are common but individual can them selves be treasures since there's a lot different types, like example ehh...the mushrooms you helped me find, there's a lot of mushrooms but there is only so few of the star capped ones"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #958 on: August 10, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
>"Books... might be more precious in Gensokyo than the world I'm from. I don't know how easy it is to make a lot of copies of a book here; in the outer world, there were ways to make tons of copies of the same book to sell for cheap. But a long time ago, when people still had to write them by hand... if Gensokyo's still like that, then books might still be treasures."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: August 10, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »
> "Generally books are common but individual can them selves be treasures since there's a lot different types, like example ehh...the mushrooms you helped me find, there's a lot of mushrooms but there is only so few of the star capped ones"

>She nods.
>"Books... might be more precious in Gensokyo than the world I'm from. I don't know how easy it is to make a lot of copies of a book here; in the outer world, there were ways to make tons of copies of the same book to sell for cheap. But a long time ago, when people still had to write them by hand... if Gensokyo's still like that, then books might still be treasures."

>"They are," Mystia says. "Though Rinnosuke seems to have his own source."
>"Yeah, but you said there were...um...thousands of hundreds of them? That doesn't sound like a treasure, if there is that many."

>_