Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80142 times)

Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: August 03, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »
>"Sure. If you think it would help, I'd appreciate it."

>What became of that branch we were using earlier, anyway?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #631 on: August 03, 2010, 01:54:09 AM »
>"Does that mean I should keep this branch, too?"
>"And another, uh, focus could help, if it wouldn't keep you away too much longer. You've helped me so much already."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: August 03, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
>"Sure. If you think it would help, I'd appreciate it."

>What became of that branch we were using earlier, anyway?

>"Does that mean I should keep this branch, too?"
>"And another, uh, focus could help, if it wouldn't keep you away too much longer. You've helped me so much already."

>You are still holding the branch. You could really use something to carry stuff in...
>"It won't take but a moment," she says as she kneels down and grabs a rock. She waves a hand over it, chanting while walking along. After a moment, the rock lifts up from her hand and hover about an inch above. She grabs it out of the air and hands it to you. "There, this should help you lift off," she says. "The enchantment will only last a few days, but shouldn't need that long. And you may keep the branch. But, please treat it carefully. It is something of an memento. I would like it back when you are done with it."

>_

« Reply #633 on: August 03, 2010, 02:06:35 AM »
>Take the stone
>"Thanks very much. And don't worry, I'll take good care of it. Do I need to be holding the branch for it to help? And I assume it's the same principle as with the stone, right? It'll be helpful for a while, and then after that I shouldn't need it anymore?"
>"And then, if you could show me that list of components you mentioned earlier, I'll be out of your hair. Thanks again so much for all of this."

>How large is this branch, anyway?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #634 on: August 03, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
>"I wouldn't want to keep something that important to you unless you really think I'll need the help out there."
>Hmm, didn't Renko have magic-like powers? Maybe she has better odds of being here than we thought...? And would Byakuren be able to guess at what they might imply?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: August 03, 2010, 02:29:50 AM »
>Take the stone
>"Thanks very much. And don't worry, I'll take good care of it. Do I need to be holding the branch for it to help? And I assume it's the same principle as with the stone, right? It'll be helpful for a while, and then after that I shouldn't need it anymore?"
>"And then, if you could show me that list of components you mentioned earlier, I'll be out of your hair. Thanks again so much for all of this."

>How large is this branch, anyway?

>You take the stone. It feels like a normal stone.
>"It may help to hold it. Or it may be better to let it float and watch it. As for the branch, just hold it. But I feel you won't need it too much longer. You're a quick learner!"
>"Ah yes," she says. "Allow me a moment to go fetch it." She disappears into the temple.
>It's about a foot and a half long, and about eight inches wide at the widest point.

>"I wouldn't want to keep something that important to you unless you really think I'll need the help out there."
>Hmm, didn't Renko have magic-like powers? Maybe she has better odds of being here than we thought...? And would Byakuren be able to guess at what they might imply?

>You recall she was a human GPS system. She had an innate ability to tell the position of the stars, even when it was daylight out. This made he a geocaching superstar. As to the implications, you can't say.

>_
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:35:38 AM by Purvisen Silver »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #636 on: August 03, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
>Let the rock go and let it float for a little bit. Try hovering at just a few inches to practice while waiting.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #637 on: August 03, 2010, 02:46:04 AM »
>Let the rock go and let it float for a little bit. Try hovering at just a few inches to practice while waiting.

>You let go of the rock, and watch it, trying to force yourself to remember the weightlessness from before.
>It takes a little time, but you are able to lift yourself off the ground as Byakuren emerges from the temple, carrying a list. "Oh, very good," she says. "But let me warn you. As far as flight is concerned, you have learned to walk. If you wish to play danmaku, you will have to learn to dance. It will not do to have to slow to a stop, or change directions over a curve. So please do not charge into anything recklessly."
>She hands you a piece of paper. "I will need a star mushroom, some ground ragewort,  a geode, and some high quality bloodmoss. The mushroom should be available in the Forest of Magic. The ragewort will requite an herbalist, I am certain the one in the village will not have it. The geode, I am not sure where you would find it. I petitioned the faeries the last time I needed one, which was quite a long time ago. The bloodmoss grows in caves. I've included rough sketches for you.
>"As well, I would like you to assist Murasa, if you find yourself underground again. She is currently in charge of the clinic we run there. And make sure she is actually carrying out her duties and not partying with the oni."

>_

« Reply #638 on: August 03, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »
>Take the note
>"Thank you very much. And no, I don't intend to try and provoke any incidents, don't worry. I'll make sure to drop in on Murasa the next time I'm down that way. And now to practice and explore some more. Thanks again."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #639 on: August 03, 2010, 03:01:14 AM »
>Give the big girl a hug for being so wonderful.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:15 AM »
>Take the note
>"Thank you very much. And no, I don't intend to try and provoke any incidents, don't worry. I'll make sure to drop in on Murasa the next time I'm down that way. And now to practice and explore some more. Thanks again."

>You obtain: Ingredient List
>"You are welcome, Maribel," she says, inclining her head toward you.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #641 on: August 03, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #642 on: August 03, 2010, 03:11:41 AM »
> Ponder which material would be the best to begin our fetch quest toward, given Byakuren's description of them
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #643 on: August 03, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »
>Belay further questfetching until after seeing Reimu. We should be more than safe enough on that route now, and if she's the lead problem-solver around here, she should know about us. And Renko.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #644 on: August 03, 2010, 03:21:30 AM »
> Ponder which material would be the best to begin our fetch quest toward, given Byakuren's description of them

>Hey, you're lucky she's probably not gonna charge you for the service.
>You have no idea which would be best. You've been active for part of a day.

>Belay further questfetching until after seeing Reimu. We should be more than safe enough on that route now, and if she's the lead problem-solver around here, she should know about us. And Renko.

>Hopefully you won't have too rough of a time getting to Reimu's place now.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #645 on: August 03, 2010, 03:23:16 AM »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: August 03, 2010, 03:30:56 AM »

>Before Byakuren vanishes, you give her a hug. Damn, that's a lot of torso. It's like hugging a tree. Only a lot softer and warmer.
>She chuckles and hugs you back the best she can. "You be good now," she says.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #647 on: August 03, 2010, 03:40:41 AM »
>"I will. Thank you so much, Byakuren."
>Disengage.
>Do we know where the Hakurei shrine is? If not, ask. If we do, wave and head off.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: August 03, 2010, 03:45:15 AM »
>"I will. Thank you so much, Byakuren."
>Disengage.
>Do we know where the Hakurei shrine is? If not, ask. If we do, wave and head off.

>You answer and let her go.
>You remember Keine saying it was east of the village, so likely in that forest you saw.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #649 on: August 03, 2010, 03:53:34 AM »
>"I think I'll go meet Reimu. She might know some more about my situation. I'll probably see you again later, Byakuren."
>wave and head off to the shrine! Or at least, where it probably is.
>Try flying low and slow for practice, while the ground's flat and there's nothing to hide behind. Unless it's tiring.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: August 03, 2010, 04:06:47 AM »
>"I think I'll go meet Reimu. She might know some more about my situation. I'll probably see you again later, Byakuren."
>wave and head off to the shrine! Or at least, where it probably is.
>Try flying low and slow for practice, while the ground's flat and there's nothing to hide behind. Unless it's tiring.

>"Good luck," she says, as you head southward.
>You are able to fly low without too much difficulty, but keeping a consistent walking pace is a little difficult. You pass by Shou's Clothes again and come back to the crossroads near the tavern, then head east. As you do, you pass by the school again, as well as an herbalist, a bakery, a blacksmith, and a few other shops. Soon you reach the eastern outskirts of town. Up ahead is an old-looking forest. It doesn't seem so dense as the forest you were in earlier. Obvious exits are east and west.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #651 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:13 AM »
>Look for the path Keine mentioned, and follow it to the shrine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: August 03, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »
>Look for the path Keine mentioned, and follow it to the shrine.

>You find a path rather easily, and follow it. The path is not a very good one, though. It's overgrowth, and has a bit of fallen debris on it. You get the sense that no one uses it very much. Still, there are some old footprints here and there. Along the way, you also here a fair amount of noise from the forest, the sounds of insects and animals and such. It's rather noisy for such a secluded place.
>"Hey you!" calls out a high-pitched voice from the trees, as you round a corner. "What's the past word!"

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #653 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:27 AM »
> "Please?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:47 AM »
> "Please?"

>You decide to give it a shot. Perhaps mysterious voices are part of the whole shrine thing?
>"Uh...maybe?" answers the voice.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #655 on: August 03, 2010, 04:31:28 AM »
> "Pretty Please"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #656 on: August 03, 2010, 04:32:00 AM »
>Look for the voice. This sounds like a fairy.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: August 03, 2010, 04:46:32 AM »
> "Pretty Please"

>"Don't you try to sweet talk me!" the voice answers.

>Look for the voice. This sounds like a fairy.

>You look around and find her. A green-haired faerie in a slim gown, sitting in the branches of a tree.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #658 on: August 03, 2010, 04:51:27 AM »
>We're a lot more prepared this time. Let's chat! Just try and stay polite, like Keine suggested.
>"Ah, I'm sorry, then. What's the past word?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: August 03, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »
>We're a lot more prepared this time. Let's chat! Just try and stay polite, like Keine suggested.
>"Ah, I'm sorry, then. What's the past word?"

>"Wait, how'd you find out about it?" says the faerie, "Did Dai send you!?"

>_
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:10:41 AM by Purvisen Silver »