Author Topic: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 82273 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: July 22, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
> Can we use our abilities to create an impromptu atomic clock?

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #931 on: July 22, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »
> If we can catch up to her before she get there, yeah chase her, fly a bit above her so when we catch up we can dive tackle her

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #932 on: July 22, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
> Blast off after her, charging all the while. A straight line should suffice for the time being - anything fancy will depend on what Sanae herself does.
> While in flight, recall our Koishi dream.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: July 22, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
> Can we use our abilities to create an impromptu atomic clock?

>You don't know, honestly. You have only half an idea how atomic clocks work. Maybe you shouldn't have poo-poo'd education beforehand.

> If we can catch up to her before she get there, yeah chase her, fly a bit above her so when we catch up we can dive tackle her

>You're not sure if you can.

> Blast off after her, charging all the while. A straight line should suffice for the time being - anything fancy will depend on what Sanae herself does.
> While in flight, recall our Koishi dream.

>You chase after Sanae, charging the whole time. She's got a good head start, but you're gaining on her.
>You try to remember the dream. You remember you could fly in it; at least some of the time. You remember seeing a burning building from the air, and landing near it to find Koishi. What did she say? Something like, "Why are you here, Okuu?" Then she mentioned something about a party, and you left. Then you were woken up by the phone.
>You're over the base now. No one is shooting at you. Interesting.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
> Is Sanae still visible?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #935 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »
> I propose that it would be possible to wire the watch to our atomic abilities combining our innate knowledge of fusion and the electronics experience we have gained from repairing AC units. There are some things that would be different, but the basics of electronics should help.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »
> Is Sanae still visible?

>Yes, she swooping down toward some long buildings by a wide road.

> I propose that it would be possible to wire the watch to our atomic abilities combining our innate knowledge of fusion and the electronics experience we have gained from repairing AC units. There are some things that would be different, but the basics of electronics should help.

>You have only half an idea how an atomic clock works. But with some time, maybe you could pull it off.

>_

« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »
>No one is shooting at us, but how high up are we, still?
>Do we see any other soldiers on the ground?
>Long buildings? Do they look like hangers of any sort?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #938 on: July 22, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
> Alas, time is not something we have. Consider it a future project.
> Is there any time indicators that we know of nearby? I can't imagine that we're entering a place completely without clocks.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »
>No one is shooting at us, but how high up are we, still?
>Do we see any other soldiers on the ground?
>Long buildings? Do they look like hangers of any sort?

>You're low enough they should see you.
>You might...there's some people, but they don't look like soldier.
>Yes, now that you think about it, yes they do.

> Alas, time is not something we have. Consider it a future project.
> Is there any time indicators that we know of nearby? I can't imagine that we're entering a place completely without clocks.

>Military bases tend not to be known for their giant clock displays.

>_

« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
>Swoop down after her, and see if we can get inside before she does. It's bad to be seen by too many people like this, but if whatever she's after is worth calling off the fight, we don't want to let her reach it

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »
> Charge level update.
> Could we shoot a small, continuous laser? Or are we restricted to big explosions?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
>Swoop down after her, and see if we can get inside before she does. It's bad to be seen by too many people like this, but if whatever she's after is worth calling off the fight, we don't want to let her reach it

>You're not entirely certain which one she is going for, to be honest. Wait...that one at the back.
>You dive, cutting a fair amount of distance between the two of you.

>Charged to 35%
>You could, but it would eat up your charge pretty quickly.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
> So we would need to be charged up at all to fire this laser? We couldn't do it from scratch?

« Reply #944 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
>Does it look like we can reach the hanger before she does?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: July 22, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »
> So we would need to be charged up at all to fire this laser? We couldn't do it from scratch?

>You would need at least 5% charge, varying on length and intensity.
>You do have some danmaku that is somewhat laser-like, such as the sunburst you've used several times already.

>Does it look like we can reach the hanger before she does?

>Diving, diving...YES!
>You land on the ground in front of Sanae, interposing yourself in front of the hanger door.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #946 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
> "Hi."
> Grin and prepare to dodge anything she throws at you, as well as keeping an eye on her for anything ELSE she might try.
> "I gotta admit. This has been good for me in one way. I've watched enough anime to know to expect something big in here that might allow you to stand a chance against me. I wanna say a mecha but you worked pretty hard to make this world at least somewhat realistic. Figures that the cowardly goddess' miko lacks even the simple ability of accepting her defeat."

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #947 on: July 22, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
> Don't give her time to answer, blast her unconscious then take her with you to the meeting spot, then we could....question her in a lot more friendly(for us) environment

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #948 on: July 22, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
(Ah, right, knew I forgot something. I'm usually the one who shoots first asks questions later anyway)

« Reply #949 on: July 22, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »
>I vote for at least waiting for a reaction before blasting her.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #950 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »
> I vote talking is kinda futile at this point except to be a bitch. I just enjoy being bitch Okuu.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #951 on: July 22, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »
> Blast her unconscious. We can get reactions and questions when we get back to safety.

« Reply #952 on: July 22, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
(I'd just like to convince her that she's wrong. They meddled in everyone's lives. I'd hate to just fix it by force. In a way, that's just overriding her will with our will. I want her to realize that neither of us have the right to make this kind of choice for other people.)

(And I guess I'm overruled. Ah well)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: July 22, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
> "Hi."
> Grin and prepare to dodge anything she throws at you, as well as keeping an eye on her for anything ELSE she might try.
> "I gotta admit. This has been good for me in one way. I've watched enough anime to know to expect something big in here that might allow you to stand a chance against me. I wanna say a mecha but you worked pretty hard to make this world at least somewhat realistic. Figures that the cowardly goddess' miko lacks even the simple ability of accepting her defeat."

>She shakes her head, grinning ruefully. "A girl's allowed to dream, isn't she? And I'm telling you, it is real. We're outside. And what was the phrase, there's two of you, so I get two-"
[
quote author=Doll Warrior.S link=topic=6574.msg388074#msg388074 date=1279819182]
> Don't give her time to answer, blast her unconscious then take her with you to the meeting spot, then we could....question her in a lot more friendly(for us) environment
[/quote]
>I vote for at least waiting for a reaction before blasting her.
> I vote talking is kinda futile at this point except to be a bitch. I just enjoy being bitch Okuu.
> Blast her unconscious. We can get reactions and questions when we get back to safety.

>You send another sunburst at her.
>She neatly sidesteps it. "Give me a little credit."
>Charged to: 55%

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #954 on: July 22, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
> Try two spread shot in succession 

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #955 on: July 22, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
(This is Gensokyo. It's wrong Gensokyo, but her and Okuu are "right" now. Might makes right. After we blast her and drag her somewhere, we have tea and work out our differences)

Anyway, Belay Doll Warrior's command.

> "Yeah, you're right, that was kinda obvious. Now, what do you mean two of us?"
> Act like you are planning to shoot her again, then punch her in the gut.
> Brace for retaliation if the punch misses. If she makes to dodge the punch, fire some danmaku at where she's likely to dodge and go for another punch, this time to the face, with the control rod arm.
> If she starts to dodge that, just full on tackle her and shoot at point blank range. Don't kill her though.

« Reply #956 on: July 22, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »
>"You say that this Gensokyo is better, and I say that you don't have the right to make that decision. You can restore the other's memories, right? Let them choose what THEY want. Neither you nor I can make that decision for anyone else."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #957 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »

> Wait a second.
> Belay the tackle command, and also watch the fuck out of our back. Make sure nothing from the hangar interfers.
> If she manages to dodge the second attempt to melee smack her, break for the hanger and try to beat her to her thing. Possibly destroy it if it seems possible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: July 22, 2010, 05:44:47 PM »
(This is Gensokyo. It's wrong Gensokyo, but her and Okuu are "right" now. Might makes right. After we blast her and drag her somewhere, we have tea and work out our differences)

Anyway, Belay Doll Warrior's command.

> "Yeah, you're right, that was kinda obvious. Now, what do you mean two of us?"
> Act like you are planning to shoot her again, then punch her in the gut.
> Brace for retaliation if the punch misses. If she makes to dodge the punch, fire some danmaku at where she's likely to dodge and go for another punch, this time to the face, with the control rod arm.
> If she starts to dodge that, just full on tackle her and shoot at point blank range. Don't kill her though.

>She dodges before answering this time, and keeps moving., your danmaku passing through where she was. She then backs away from your attempt to smack her with you're control rod. Goddamnit, this is so much harder when she isn't trying to nuke you with spellcards!  "I'm no Reimu, but I am shrine maiden. You think I can't sense your friend?"

>"You say that this Gensokyo is better, and I say that you don't have the right to make that decision. You can restore the other's memories, right? Let them choose what THEY want. Neither you nor I can make that decision for anyone else."

>"You know this world well enough to know that would end in chaos, and poorly for everyone here."

> Wait a second.
> Belay the tackle command, and also watch the fuck out of our back. Make sure nothing from the hangar interfers.
> If she manages to dodge the second attempt to melee smack her, break for the hanger and try to beat her to her thing. Possibly destroy it if it seems possible.

>Nothing attacks you from behind. You turn on your heel and run for the hangar door. Thankfully it is not locked, but you hear Sanae running behind you.

>_

« Reply #959 on: July 22, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
>Run into the hanger
>What do we see in here?