Author Topic: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81695 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2010, 02:55:39 AM »
>"Well, probably should have known better than to ask Stargazer that kind of question. Doesn't really understand how we measure time. But how long would it really take you to do it, if you knew right where it was? 5 seconds?"

>"Sounds right," says Orin.
>"Do we know what the card looks like?" asks Parsee. "Or how many she might have? Might be faster to just take the whole thing. Not like we couldn't leave it at a lost and found later."
>Orin shakes her head. "She'd notice it's missing faster, probably.
>"Point," says Parsee.

>_

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2010, 02:58:42 AM »
>"I can get a sense of what Stargazer is looking at. I think I can guide her to the correct card if I concentrate."
>"And yes, I'd like for her first thought when she notices it missing to be 'Where did I misplace that?' I'd like it to be at least plausible that it wasn't just taken. She might waste time looking around for it, rather than just report it to security."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2010, 03:05:15 AM »
>"I can get a sense of what Stargazer is looking at. I think I can guide her to the correct card if I concentrate."
>"And yes, I'd like for her first thought when she notices it missing to be 'Where did I misplace that?' I'd like it to be at least plausible that it wasn't just taken. She might waste time looking around for it, rather than just report it to security."

>Parsee nods. "So. Do you know what it looks like? Or how many cards you're gonna have to dig through?"
>"Maybe I should come up with something to delay her a bit more?"

>_

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2010, 03:29:54 AM »
>Did we get a good enough look at the ID last night to be fairly confident about what it looks like?

>"Yeah, I suppose the bigger the delay the better. Even if we don't end up needing it, it's nice to have a margin of error."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »
>Did we get a good enough look at the ID last night to be fairly confident about what it looks like?

>"Yeah, I suppose the bigger the delay the better. Even if we don't end up needing it, it's nice to have a margin of error."

>You...really didn't. You were too far away to hear them well. It was mostly white, you recall. But that could have been due to distance.

>_

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2010, 04:16:18 AM »
>"Gah... I'm no con-artist. I keep running scenarios over in my head, but almost all of them that are certain to get her to leave also end up being false alarms, or other things that look extremely suspicious if you look back on them."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:28:23 AM by Purvisen Silver »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:42 AM »
>"Gah... I'm no con-artist. I keep running scenarios over in my head, but almost all of them that are certain to get her to leave also end up being false alarms, or other things that look extremely suspicious if you look back on them."

>"Maybe you can use a false alarm?" says Parsee. "People do make mistakes."
>"Okay, so I ask for directions. Maybe I can drag that out by asking for better ones?" Orin says, more to herself.

>_

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:35 AM »
>"Yeah, it might be able to work. You could try to play up the 'poor sense of direction' angle, if she isn't too helpful at first. I can probably help you along 'Hey, don't mind me. I can wait a few moments', etc."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »
>"Yeah, it might be able to work. You could try to play up the 'poor sense of direction' angle, if she isn't too helpful at first. I can probably help you along 'Hey, don't mind me. I can wait a few moments', etc."

>"Okay, we'll go with that," says Orin. "I should be able to pull it off well. I mean, I did get you two together!"

>_

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:13 AM »
>"Heh, yes, I suppose you did. That's one good thing that's come out of all this, anyway."
>Smile at Parsee

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2010, 05:13:47 AM »
>"Heh, yes, I suppose you did. That's one good thing that's come out of all this, anyway."
>Smile at Parsee

>You smile at Parsee. She returns it, if a bit grudgingly.  Maybe she's a little irate you tossed away her car idea so readily?
>"So, when're we going to do this?" Orin asks.

>_

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:56 AM »
>"She has office hours from six to seven. I thought I'd drop by a little before office hours, just so that Stargazer can check the place out, on the off chance she keeps her purse in there during class. Would save a lot of trouble if that's the case. Otherwise, I'll slip away and drop back shortly after office hours start. This is when we'll need you. If you can notice when I go in to talk to her, and wander by a couple minutes later?"
>"If I'm going with the 'give me some course selection advice', it would probably help if I picked up a copy of the calendar before I showed up there. Either of you know where I can pick one up?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2010, 05:33:28 AM »
>"She has office hours from six to seven. I thought I'd drop by a little before office hours, just so that Stargazer can check the place out, on the off chance she keeps her purse in there during class. Would save a lot of trouble if that's the case. Otherwise, I'll slip away and drop back shortly after office hours start. This is when we'll need you. If you can notice when I go in to talk to her, and wander by a couple minutes later?"
>"If I'm going with the 'give me some course selection advice', it would probably help if I picked up a copy of the calendar before I showed up there. Either of you know where I can pick one up?"

>"Gotcha," says Orin. "I think we can do this."
>"They're around the registration office," says Parsee. "Should be easy enough to find."

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »
>"Ok, I'll need to get there in enough time to pick one up."
>"And yeah, will WILL get this to work, one way or another. If Yumemi doesn't bite at first, we'll just have to improvise."
>"The registration office doesn't close before six, does it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59:24 AM »
>"Ok, I'll need to get there in enough time to pick one up."
>"And yeah, will WILL get this to work, one way or another. If Yumemi doesn't bite at first, we'll just have to improvise."
>"The registration office doesn't close before six, does it?"

>"It does," says Parsee, "But the course materials are out in the hall, free to grab, so you can get them anytime."
>"What now?" Orin asks.

>_

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2010, 06:01:51 AM »
>"Well...."
>What time is it now?
>And what time would we need to leave to get to the university in time to pick up a calendar, and be at Yumemi's office before six?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »
>"Well...."
>What time is it now?
>And what time would we need to leave to get to the university in time to pick up a calendar, and be at Yumemi's office before six?

>It is 4:47
>You'd have to leave, probably, around 5:30 to be at the professor's do slightly before 6:00

>_

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:36 AM »
>"Well, I think we probably ought to just kill time until we're ready to leave, now. There's a couple other things I considered doing, but we don't want to end up being late for this. This is the important bit. The rest can wait. They'll still be there tomorrow."
>Wait around until ready to leave for the university

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
> Mentally prepare our self for this massive undertaking.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »
>"Well, I think we probably ought to just kill time until we're ready to leave, now. There's a couple other things I considered doing, but we don't want to end up being late for this. This is the important bit. The rest can wait. They'll still be there tomorrow."
>Wait around until ready to leave for the university

> Mentally prepare our self for this massive undertaking.

>"Alright," says Orin. "I'm gonna go take a walk."
>Orin leaves the apartment.
>You begin to prepare yourself for easily the most stupid thing you've ever contemplated in your life. Still, you have the plan. You have a back-up plan. At the very least, you're going to see what's down there with your own eyes.
>"You know..." says Parsee out of nowhere, after some time has passed, "I wonder if Ace has a car? Because chances are we can't be relying on buses for our getaway."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »
> "Ah."
> I can't believe we forgot one of the most important aspects...

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »
> "Ah."
> I can't believe we forgot one of the most important aspects...

>"Yeah," Parsee says in agreement. "Probably ought to contact her."
>It's really easy to overlook these things.

>_

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »
>"Well, I think I figured that we'd either manage to get out inconspicuously... or we wouldn't get out. But you're right. We should plan for the possibility of a hasty unplanned retreat."
>Send Ace an IM
>"I don't suppose you have a car? Or any other way to make a hasty retreat, assuming we need one?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »
>"Well, I think I figured that we'd either manage to get out inconspicuously... or we wouldn't get out. But you're right. We should plan for the possibility of a hasty unplanned retreat."
>Send Ace an IM
>"I don't suppose you have a car? Or any other way to make a hasty retreat, assuming we need one?"

>You break out the laptop and IM Ace about a car. It takes her a few moments to respond. "uh i have a bike. you guys dont have anything?"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2010, 01:07:41 AM »
>"Nope. We originally thought we would make a getaway by being inconspicuous. But mainly we forgot about the getaway."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:29:58 AM by RKS Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »
>"Nope. We originally thought we would make a getaway by being inconspicuous. But mianly we forgot about the getaway."

>"hahahahahaha holy shit. okay maybe I can kludge something. who else is coming?"

>_

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2010, 01:18:15 AM »
>"The person I've been staying with. She was there with me the other night, and has mapped the layout of the interior better than I have."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2010, 01:24:09 AM »
>"The person I've been staying with. She was there with me the other night, and has mapped the layout of the interior better than I have."

>"three? okay i can make something happen. gimme awhile."
>"Hey Utsuho," says Parsee, "Would you mind if I talked with her, about the information?"

>_

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2010, 01:29:40 AM »
>"Ok."
>To Parsee: "Ok, but please be as diplomatic as you possibly can. We really don't want to convince her this isn't worth her while. And... you may have to be willing to make some concessions, even on bits that are important to you. I totally support where you're coming from, but remember that if you don't give her enough of what she wants, you may not get the chance to get ANY of what you want. Just... don't say anything rash."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »
>"Ok."
>To Parsee: "Ok, but please be as diplomatic as you possibly can. We really don't want to convince her this isn't worth her while. And... you may have to be willing to make some concessions, even on bits that are important to you. I totally support where you're coming from, but remember that if you don't give her enough of what she wants, you may not get the chance to get ANY of what you want. Just... don't say anything rash."

>"I know, I know," says Parsee. "I'm fully prepared to give all up, if I have to. I hate it, but I'll do it. I think I've got a few things in mind."

>_