Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78606 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: July 11, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
>"A couple hours after I get it to you, I assume? I expect I'll have it by 7PM, there abouts."

>"damn woman," ace replies. "you know whoever you jack it from is gonna notice it missing pretty soon right? so youre going for it tonight?"

>_
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:43:31 AM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #961 on: July 11, 2010, 02:10:24 AM »
>"Yes, I realize this. The plan is to do it tonight. The longer we wait, the bigger the chance of something going wrong."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: July 11, 2010, 02:20:17 AM »
>"Yes, I realize this. The plan is to do it tonight. The longer we wait, the bigger the chance of something going wrong."

>"huh so what's the plan?"

>_

« Reply #963 on: July 11, 2010, 02:23:15 AM »
>"What, for getting the ID, or after we get it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:59 AM »
>"What, for getting the ID, or after we get it?"

>"after. so i know whether i can come and not get into drek"

>_
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:42:58 AM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #965 on: July 11, 2010, 02:58:29 AM »
>"Well, the ID will get us past the locks on the inside. And we know the layout of the place, so we know where we have to go. The guard posts at the front are the only issue."
>"If you could make a fake ID for all of us, we could pose as a group of grad students. Beyond the entrance of the building, there was no active security presence that we could see, so we shouldn't attract attention. But I don't know if making more than one fake ID would take more time than we have, now."
>"This is going down sooner than I expected, because the window of opportunity on getting the original ID this way will be closing soon, and I don't want to pass it up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: July 11, 2010, 03:23:53 AM »
>"Well, the ID will get us past the locks on the inside. And we know the layout of the place, so we know where we have to go. The guard posts at the front are the only issue."
>"If you could make a fake ID for all of us, we could pose as a group of grad students. Beyond the entrance of the building, there was no active security presence that we could see, so we shouldn't attract attention. But I don't know if making more than one fake ID would take more time than we have, now."
>"This is going down sooner than I expected, because the window of opportunity on getting the original ID this way will be closing soon, and I don't want to pass it up."

>"only one of the cards would be any good," Ace replies. "shouldn't take much longer to get them made. and whats the plan if that messes up?"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:49 AM »
>"Messing what up, getting the ID or getting into the facility?"

« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:33 AM »
>"Well, we should only need one functioning key. The rest are just to get nodded past the guards."
>"Well, if they challenge us about the ID, I have a few resources that could provide a distraction to the guards, but it would be pretty hard to raise gate and get people through without someone noticing, which would probably put the facility on alert. That bit's a last-ditch solution."
>"I could also claim to be delivering important documents on behalf of Yumemi, who's pretty high up the food chain as far as I can tell. I can ensure she wouldn't be in her office to answer any call about this if they decided to double-check. So, while I couldn't get her to vouch for us, her name alone might pull some weight."

>Was there only a single guard at the outside guard station last night?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #969 on: July 11, 2010, 03:54:26 AM »
>"Well, we should only need one functioning key. The rest are just to get nodded past the guards."
>"Well, if they challenge us about the ID, I have a few resources that could provide a distraction to the guards, but it would be pretty hard to raise gate and get people through without someone noticing, which would probably put the facility on alert. That bit's a last-ditch solution."
>"I could also claim to be delivering important documents on behalf of Yumemi, who's pretty high up the food chain as far as I can tell. I can ensure she wouldn't be in her office to answer any call about this if they decided to double-check. So, while I couldn't get her to vouch for us, her name alone might pull some weight."

>Was there only a single guard at the outside guard station last night?

>"okay what if things get nasty?"
>Yes. As well as only one guard at the metal detector, along with a person at the desk.

« Reply #970 on: July 11, 2010, 04:07:58 AM »
>"Well, I have something of a concealed weapon I'll be bringing into the facility that could be used in a pinch."

>The metal detector was one of those gate-type things you walk through, right? Meaning there would be a way to pass objects around it, rather than through it, if no one saw it happen, correct? Assuming so
>"I think I may also be able to get a stun gun pass the metal detector, if the guard isn't looking at the time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: July 11, 2010, 04:20:05 AM »
>"Well, I have something of a concealed weapon I'll be bringing into the facility that could be used in a pinch."

>The metal detector was one of those gate-type things you walk through, right? Meaning there would be a way to pass objects around it, rather than through it, if no one saw it happen, correct? Assuming so
>"I think I may also be able to get a stun gun pass the metal detector, if the guard isn't looking at the time."

>It was a gateway style, you could slip something around it.
>"huh okay," say Ace. "so were gonna need to meet up. got any ideas?"

« Reply #972 on: July 11, 2010, 04:32:31 AM »
>"Well, the facility's on campus, on that's where I'll be retrieving the ID from, so somewhere in that area would probably be best."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: July 11, 2010, 04:42:47 AM »
>"Well, the facility's on campus, on that's where I'll be retrieving the ID from, so somewhere in that area would probably be best."

>"better idea," say Ace. "got my clavie in the industrial district. meet there we'll get stuff sooner."

>_

« Reply #974 on: July 11, 2010, 04:46:54 AM »
>"Ok, so head over there after I swipe the card? Where can I find you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: July 11, 2010, 05:00:49 AM »
>"Ok, so head over there after I swipe the card? Where can I find you?"

>"youre staying there with someone right? lets just meet up there"

>_

« Reply #976 on: July 11, 2010, 05:07:59 AM »
>"I'd ask how you know this... but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Do you already know where it is, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: July 11, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
>"I'd ask how you know this... but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Do you already know where it is, then?"

>"kinda. having the right address would make it easier. gimme your cell number too."

« Reply #978 on: July 11, 2010, 05:22:19 AM »
>Give Ace our cell number
>"Actually, the person I'm staying with is touchy about privacy, so give me a second to ask her first."
>Call Parsee

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: July 11, 2010, 05:36:27 AM »
>Give Ace our cell number
>"Actually, the person I'm staying with is touchy about privacy, so give me a second to ask her first."
>Call Parsee

>You give Ace your contact info. She sends you a number in turn. "thats mine, dont give it out."
>"Hello?" Parsee says.

>_

« Reply #980 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:56 AM »
>To Ace: "No worries. I won't."
>To Parsee: "Hey, there. I'm talking to Ace now, and we're setting up a meeting. She can manage the fake ID bit. They won't be functional, but she says they should pass a visual inspection. Anyway, she seemed to know I was staying with someone in the industrial district, and wants to meet up at your place since it's near her own place. I know you're touchy about that, so I didn't want to give her an actual address unless you were ok with it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2010, 06:17:26 AM »
>To Ace: "No worries. I won't."
>To Parsee: "Hey, there. I'm talking to Ace now, and we're setting up a meeting. She can manage the fake ID bit. They won't be functional, but she says they should pass a visual inspection. Anyway, she seemed to know I was staying with someone in the industrial district, and wants to meet up at your place since it's near her own place. I know you're touchy about that, so I didn't want to give her an actual address unless you were ok with it."

>"That's no problem," says Parsee, "I'm at home now anyways. Thanks for thinking of me, though. I appreciate it."

>_

« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »
>"Ok, just wanted to make sure. See ya!"
>Give Ace Parsee's address

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: July 11, 2010, 06:47:13 AM »
>"Ok, just wanted to make sure. See ya!"
>Give Ace Parsee's address

>"See you, too," says Parsee, hanging up.
>You give Ace the address. "tell me when you got the card and i'll meet you. maybe sooner i dunno"

« Reply #984 on: July 11, 2010, 06:53:49 AM »
>"Sure, I'll give you a call when we've got it. Otherwise, you can give me a call if anything important happens."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: July 11, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »
>"Sure, I'll give you a call when we've got it. Otherwise, you can give me a call if anything important happens."

>"done"
>You become aware of Stargazer hovering over your shoulder, curious about what has your attention.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #986 on: July 11, 2010, 09:03:57 AM »
>Communicate to Stargazer it's nothing to worry about.
>Get back to work.
>Check details on quest involving the facility.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:05:54 AM by RKS Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: July 11, 2010, 09:20:07 AM »
>Communicate to Stargazer it's nothing to worry about.
>Get back to work.
>Check details on quest involving the facility.

>She takes your word for it, and goes back to picking through a pile of burnt out parts that Nitori has yet to toss into the recycling pile.
>You get back to work!
>Inflitrationism
>The Research Institute or the Military may hold the key to why the world is wrong. But getting into either of their facilities will be a challenge. You have a decent idea of some of its security and layout. It seems your best window to do it will be tonight, hopefully after liberating an ID from Professor Okazaki.
>Time passes as your fix up the air condition that rattled itself to death, mostly tightening connection and checking a few micro controllers. A few customers come, you get rid of two more refurbished units and set up an appointment for next monday afternoon. As you work on the next unit, around three O'clock, Nitori returns. "Oh god, do not ask me how that went. Snakes...everywhere," she says. "How were things here?"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #988 on: July 11, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »
>"Oh, hi. Things went well over here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #989 on: July 11, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
>"Oh, hi. Things went well over here."

>"That's good," says Nitori, "Oh, you got the rattler done, too. Tell you what. We get these last two done, we'll say to hell with the rest of the day and I'll get your pay in. Been way too many snakes in my way this week."

>_