Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78445 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: July 08, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »
>What kinds of cereal are there?
>Check current time and estimate how much time you've spent at home.
>Check if any quest details have changed.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #781 on: July 08, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »
>"Yeah, lunch sounds good. What time will you be free?"
>Get some cereal

>"Should be good around 11 to twelve, then any time after one. I'll be off class then."
>You get some cereal!
>What kinds of cereal are there?
>Check current time and estimate how much time you've spent at home.
>Check if any quest details have changed.

>Just some off brand oaty flakes you got from Mad Mart.
>It is a little after seven. You've been here 15 or so minutes.
>Your Quests are:
>The World is Wrong
>You have an unshakable instinct telling you that something is critically awry with the world, enough to frighten you to the core of your being. You have vowed that you will find what it is. You have encountered ghosts and top secret labs, been possessed, and have your adopted sister agreeing with you. Progress?
>Werehouse
>You have taken an interest in a recent heist of a local importer at the docks. You've learned the Sheriff is looking into it personally.
>Inflitrationism
>The Research Institute or the Military may hold the key to why the world is wrong. But getting into either of their facilities will be a challenge. You have a decent idea of some of its security and layout.
>Who's Got The Hook-Up?
>You need the assistance of people with access to high places, so that you can get into these kinds of places yourself. So far, you've gotten in well with a hacker named Ace, and made acquaintences with a Professor Okazaki
>Pharming
>The owner of the pharmacy in the Skids wants you to acquire some platypus venom from the biology department of the University, and will pay 1000☼
>Tailer-made
>You've been followed by Nue Houjuu. She claims the Scarlets paid her to do so, but the Administrative Chief has said otherwise. Who knows who is lying?
>Dark Passengers
>You are being haunted! You've managed to make peace with the Forest Spirit and learn how to make good use of her abilities, but there is still a spectral crow on your head.
>Floral Choral
>There seem to be an abnormal number of flowers in the Forest these days...
>Your Self Appointed Goals are:
>Chase the Dream
>You've vowed you're gonna get accepted into that stupid university! Now, you have to pass the entry exam...
>Parsee Quest
>You've grown rather fond of that Mizuhashi girl.
>Dark Postage
>Miss Hieda is being blackmailed! You've resolved to do something about it.

« Reply #782 on: July 08, 2010, 07:22:12 AM »
>"After one probably works better for me. I'll give you a call, then."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #783 on: July 08, 2010, 07:25:32 AM »
>Devour cereal, if you haven't done so already.

(To other voices: What quest should we handle in the early hours of the morning?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #784 on: July 08, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »
>"After one probably works better for me. I'll give you a call, then."

>"Alright. I'll let you know if class gets cut short or something," she says, then hangs up.

>Devour cereal, if you haven't done so already.

>You tear into the cereal with more abandon than you care to admit.
>While you do, Orin excused herself to go get changed and cleaned up. Stargazer roves about the house, marveling at this and that. She's also starting to pick things up and examine them.

>_

« Reply #785 on: July 08, 2010, 07:34:13 AM »
>As in, actually physically pick them up?
>"So, finding that easier, now?"

(Well, we have work at 9. Might be able to get some info from Nitori, but we're pretty much booked until after work, unless something major happens)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #786 on: July 08, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
(Information of what kind?)

>Observe Stargazer, because you have nothing else to do yet.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #787 on: July 08, 2010, 07:41:30 AM »
>As in, actually physically pick them up?
>"So, finding that easier, now?"

>She is.
>Stargazer agrees that it is. She has no idea why. It used to take a lot of effort to move things around.

>Observe Stargazer, because you have nothing else to do yet.

>You observe Stargazer. It's kind of cute, like watching a puppy explore a new room. You begin to wonder if she has any real sense of touch, though. She doesn't seem to distinguish between hard or soft, smooth or rough, or any of that.

>_

« Reply #788 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:52 AM »
>"Have you ever been active for this long, before? Maybe you're just getting more used to it?"

(Well, we might be able to get a few tidbits from Nitori about Okazaki, or the facility, depending on whether she actually knows anything)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #789 on: July 08, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »
>"Have you ever been active for this long, before? Maybe you're just getting more used to it?"

>She considers. She's been active longer than this before. Usually for a few days, before going to sleep.

>_

« Reply #790 on: July 08, 2010, 07:48:15 AM »
>"Maybe it's your connection to me? Have you ever been connected to anyone else like this before?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #791 on: July 08, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »
>"Maybe it's your connection to me? Have you ever been connected to anyone else like this before?"

>She considers this for a moment. This is the first time she's been connected to anything that isn't a tree of some kind. She thinks you may be right.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #792 on: July 08, 2010, 08:06:23 AM »
>Time.
>Determine if you have any time to handle quests before work.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #793 on: July 08, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
>Time.
>Determine if you have any time to handle quests before work.

>It's only been a couple minute since you last checked.
>You honestly have no idea. They all are complex enough that you don't know how long the next step might take.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #794 on: July 08, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
>Observe surroundings.
>Remember how long your commute to work is.
>Unless other voices say not to, lounge around until it's time to go to work.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #795 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:35 AM »
>Observe surroundings.
>Remember how long your commute to work is.
>Unless other voices say not to, lounge around until it's time to go to work.

>You are in your living room at home. As before, there is a computer against the wall, between the doors to you and Orin's rooms, a TV with numerous game consoles hooked up to it, a shelf full of books (mostly Orin's), and the couch you are presently sitting on.
>It would take about half an hour to get there.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #796 on: July 08, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »
>If computer has internet, go on TV Tropes
>Observe game consoles.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #797 on: July 08, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »
>If computer has internet, go on TV Tropes
>Observe game consoles.

>You have a lot of consoles. Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, 360, Gamecube. In the entertainment center's cabinet, you have an NES, an SNES, a Genesis, and a Saturn. No room at the moment to keep 'em all hooked up. You've also got a few portables in your room. You've been a little too highstrung, or too busy studying, to mess with those.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #798 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
>Study until 8:30 AM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #799 on: July 08, 2010, 09:46:58 AM »
>Study until 8:30 AM.

>You decide to try and be diligent.  You spend the next while hitting the books, reviewing over your nuclear physics texts. You do a good job, you think, reminding yourself of all the things that you forgot from a couple days ago, with less difficulty than before.
>Orin emerges from the bathroom after awhile, cleaned up and apparently refreshed. Seeing you are busy, she leaves you alone and messes around on the computer for awhile. She seems better than she was before. Stargazer continues to explore around, sometimes lurking over you or Orin's shoulder.
>As 8:30 draws near, Orin says, "I think I'm gonna go explore around like you've been doing. Got any suggestions?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #800 on: July 08, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
> Consider the events the day before we felt "wrong."  Were there any times that the crow may have been able to connect to us?
> Console Rin one more time.
> Head off to work.
> Be on the look out for more "ghost animals".

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #801 on: July 08, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »
>"I don't know. I've been to a lot of the more interesting places in town, already. But I found that just looking around helps. Gives you something to focus on. Makes you feel you're doing something, anyway."
>"One place on the list that I hadn't looked at yet was the new exhibit in the museum. Supposedly haunted or something. Might just be nonsense, but at this point, I'm willing to entertain nearly any ghost story. Other than that... I don't know. Maybe you'll find something I overlooked in some place I've already been?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #802 on: July 08, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
> Consider the events the day before we felt "wrong."  Were there any times that the crow may have been able to connect to us?
> Console Rin one more time.
> Head off to work.
> Be on the look out for more "ghost animals".
>"I don't know. I've been to a lot of the more interesting places in town, already. But I found that just looking around helps. Gives you something to focus on. Makes you feel you're doing something, anyway."
>"One place on the list that I hadn't looked at yet was the new exhibit in the museum. Supposedly haunted or something. Might just be nonsense, but at this point, I'm willing to entertain nearly any ghost story. Other than that... I don't know. Maybe you'll find something I overlooked in some place I've already been?"

>You consider the rightness and wrong of the things you experienced yesterday. Really, there wasn't much variance again. You don't know if you've experienced anything that feels especially right. You can't deny, though, that you felt and interest in those sealed off parts of the Research Institute. Whether that was "rightness" or a natural curiosity, you aren't certain.
>You offer Orin your advice. "The museum?" she replies. "I guess I can have a look around. I'll call you if I find anything. And I guess I'll just go where the buses take me."
>You give her some brief consolation, then head out.
>The bus ride to work is mostly unremarkable, save for Stargazer exploring the bus and taking an interest in the possessions of other people. Thankfully, she doesn't actually pick things up, but you image someone like Parsee would be exceedingly unhappy with Stargazer rifling through her purse.
>You arrive at work in time to find Nitori unlocking the front door. "Hey, just on time," she says. Then she frowns. "...You didn't get cleaned up or anything, did you? I'm certain you were wearing that yesterday."

>_
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:25:42 PM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #803 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
>This morning? Is that supposed to read yesterday, or something?
>"Oh, yeah, um... Orin really wasn't feeling well this morning, so I ended up spending some time trying to keep her company. I guess I got distracted by it. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep, actually..."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #804 on: July 08, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
>Remember if you told Nitori about this "the world is wrong" thing.
>If you didn't, don't tell her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #805 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
>This morning? Is that supposed to read yesterday, or something?
>"Oh, yeah, um... Orin really wasn't feeling well this morning, so I ended up spending some time trying to keep her company. I guess I got distracted by it. Didn't get a whole lot of sleep, actually..."

>"Is she okay?" Nitori asks.

>Remember if you told Nitori about this "the world is wrong" thing.
>If you didn't, don't tell her.

>You never told her anything.

>_

« Reply #806 on: July 08, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
>"I think she may be feeling a little better, now. She'll be ok. Was just busy doing the whole big sister thing."
>"Anyway, what's on the plate for today?"
>Enter work

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #807 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
>"I think she may be feeling a little better, now. She'll be ok. Was just busy doing the whole big sister thing."
>"Anyway, what's on the plate for today?"
>Enter work

>"That's good," says Nitori.
>"Oh man, we're gonna be busy." says Nitori as she walks in with you. "Four house calls, and I don't even remember how many people are supposed to pick up stuff today. Good news is we got all the pick-ups mostly ready to go. A couple of the house calls sound pretty nasty, so I'll be taking them. On top of that, there's six units in backlog still, and I want to crack as many as them before the weekend as we can. So, you'll be keeping the shop in one piece."

>_

« Reply #808 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
>"Yeah, sounds like it's going to be a busy day, alright. Let's see if we can't get through all six before the day's out, eh?"
>Get to work

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #809 on: July 08, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »
>"Yeah, sounds like it's going to be a busy day, alright. Let's see if we can't get through all six before the day's out, eh?"
>Get to work

>You get to work, with little prelude. Thankfully, the first of the six units you need to deal with seems to have a rather simple problem with its air cycler. Shouldn't take too long to deal with.
>"So, managed to get through the tour without killing Yumemi?" asks Nitori, as she gathers some parts.

>_