Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78592 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »
>Play Last Remote in your head, provided that you know of Last Remote.
>"Well...you know how ghosts are tagging along with me, right? That cat ghost is now tagging along with you in the same way. And also, I think that these ghosts have something to do with the fact that we think the world is wrong..."

>"We went looking for it again, last night. I touched it. I felt something... familiar. Memories, or something. I don't know what they are. It's like a half-remembered dream. But there was definitely something familiar... like it knew me. Then it ran off, and we lost sight of it. We split up to cover the block, but I came here instead. I couldn't even give you a good reason why, other than it felt 'right'. ...and the cat was on our doorstep. We saw it run into your room, jump onto you, and... uh, bond with you."
>"I think it's like the crow on my head. I think it must have come to me the same way, only there was no one there to see it."

>What remote? It's right there on the end table, although now probably isn't the time for morning TV.
>You try to explain what happened last night. Orin nods along, blank-faced. "So...I'm possessed by a cat ghost? Could you show me?" She nods toward the digital camera, resting by the computer.

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2010, 04:17:14 AM »
>Do the most logical thing to do: Use the digital camera and take a picture.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #752 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:39 AM »
>Do the most logical thing to do: Use the digital camera and take a picture.

>You take the camera in hand and take a picture of Orin.
>Yep, there's the cat shadow, draped over her shoulders like some rich lady's stole.

>_

« Reply #753 on: July 08, 2010, 04:28:27 AM »
>Show Orin the picture
>"Well, there it is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2010, 04:33:28 AM »
>Show Orin the picture
>"Well, there it is."

>She stares at it, idly feeling around her shoulder.
>"And...it didn't hurt you, right?" She asks after a few moments. "Your ghosts, I mean? Aside from...you know?"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2010, 04:35:08 AM »
>"No. Not at all. It's certainly weird, but not harmful."

« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2010, 04:37:10 AM »
>"No, they don't hurt. The crow and Stargazer are different, though. I can talk to Stargazer, and I can sense her; understand her. She can act independently. The crow... well, if it weren't for photos, I couldn't tell it was there, and Stargazer couldn't, either. It doesn't seem to do anything. Stargazer lost sense of your cat after it joined with you. I don't really understand what they are, or why they're with us. But now I think they're the reason we can sense that the world is wrong. Somehow."
>Ask Stargazer if she now notices something different about Orin. That she recognizes the wrongness in the way that we do. Does that make her feel more comfortable around her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2010, 04:39:57 AM »
>"No. Not at all. It's certainly weird, but not harmful."

>"No, they don't hurt. The crow and Stargazer are different, though. I can talk to Stargazer, and I can sense her; understand her. She can act independently. The crow... well, if it weren't for photos, I couldn't tell it was there, and Stargazer couldn't, either. It doesn't seem to do anything. Stargazer lost sense of your cat after it joined with you. I don't really understand what they are, or why they're with us. But now I think they're the reason we can sense that the world is wrong. Somehow."
>Ask Stargazer if she now notices something different about Orin. That she recognizes the wrongness in the way that we do. Does that make her feel more comfortable around her?

>You explain yourself, then ask Stargazer for...wait, where is Stargazer? You haven't spared her a thought all morning! Oh, there she is. She's resting within you. You didn't even notice...
>She nods, not really looking at you, idly playing with one of her pigtails. "So...what now?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2010, 04:50:08 AM »
> "Well, first of all..." Give Orin another hug, she needs it.
> "Things are going to be ok, so don't worry." Ruffle her hair a bit. :3

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2010, 04:52:17 AM »
>Remember if you had any plans for the day.

>Consider contacting Usami Investigations about this.

>And of course, console Orin.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #760 on: July 08, 2010, 04:59:07 AM »
> "Well, first of all..." Give Orin another hug, she needs it.
> "Things are going to be ok, so don't worry." Ruffle her hair a bit. :3

>You give Orin another hug, and ruffle her hair, assuring her things will be fine. "Thanks," she says, returning the hug. "I suppose it's a really mean thing to say, but I'm glad you went through this first."
>Remember if you had any plans for the day.

>Consider contacting Usami Investigations about this.

>And of course, console Orin.

>You do have to go to work in a couple hours. But aside from that, nothing set in stone.
>They'd definitely be interested in hearing about it. You're not sure if Orin would want that, though.
>You're in the process of it.

>_

« Reply #761 on: July 08, 2010, 05:02:40 AM »
>"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'd be thinking the same thing if I were in your position. It's... not a nice thing to feel all alone in your craziness."
>Wake Stargazer up

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #762 on: July 08, 2010, 05:04:53 AM »
>Consider saying, "By the way...I know some people who are interested in "extranormal" things, like these ghosts. Would you mind if I told them about this?" You're considering it because it may not be appropriate for this situation.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:07:23 AM by RKS Blitzer »

« Reply #763 on: July 08, 2010, 05:08:16 AM »
>Personally, I think she's already had enough to deal with. We can ask this later

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #764 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:07 AM »
>"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'd be thinking the same thing if I were in your position. It's... not a nice thing to feel all alone in your craziness."
>Wake Stargazer up
>Consider saying, "By the way...I know some people who are interested in "extranormal" things, like these ghosts. Would you mind if I told them about this?" You're considering it because it may not be appropriate for this situation.
>Personally, I think she's already had enough to deal with. We can ask this later

>She nods.
>You awaken Stargazer. She emerges and looks around confusedly, notices Orin, and starts to fade, then stops.
>Orin jumps a bit as Stargazer appears. "She's...not going to do anything, right?"
>Stargazer regards Orin with her typical bewilderment, then looks to you. You can feel that Stargazer approves of her now.
>You decide that asking her about talking with the detectives is something to save for later.

>_

« Reply #765 on: July 08, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
>"Don't worry, she's harmless. I've kind of gotten used to having her around, actually. She was 'asleep', but I just woke her up. She's really extremely shy, and basically told me once that the reason she felt comfortable only around me was because I understand that the world was wrong. And she can sense that in you, too, now."
>"Stargazer, meet Orin. Orin, Stargazer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #766 on: July 08, 2010, 05:21:12 AM »
>"Don't worry, she's harmless. I've kind of gotten used to having her around, actually. She was 'asleep', but I just woke her up. She's really extremely shy, and basically told me once that the reason she felt comfortable only around me was because I understand that the world was wrong. And she can sense that in you, too, now."
>"Stargazer, meet Orin. Orin, Stargazer."

>"Oh, I suppose that makes sense," says Orin. "Um, hello Stargazer."
>Stargazer looks at you. She's aware Orin is communicating with her, but doesn't know what was expressed or how she should react.

>_

« Reply #767 on: July 08, 2010, 05:23:40 AM »
>Tell Stargazer that Orin said hello to her
>"I guess the fact that she feels comfortable around you doesn't help you understand each other, sadly. But I can try to translate. She... doesn't understand human speech. She can generally understand what I say, but I think that has more to do with what I'm thinking about when I say it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #768 on: July 08, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »
>Tell Stargazer that Orin said hello to her
>"I guess the fact that she feels comfortable around you doesn't help you understand each other, sadly. But I can try to translate. She... doesn't understand human speech. She can generally understand what I say, but I think that has more to do with what I'm thinking about when I say it."

>The concept of hello is one she has to grasp with. She's really not used to pleasantries; usually you just tend to get to the point.  She ponders a little; the response she comes up with is something between "There's no reason to be afraid," "I'm a friend," and "Don't panic,".
>"Oh," says Orin. "Well, I'm sure she's delighted."

>_

« Reply #769 on: July 08, 2010, 05:37:56 AM »
>"She's trying to reassure you that she's a friend and that there's nothing to be frightened about."
>"She doesn't really understand a lot about human society. She's... very alien. But she means well. She feels lost and isolated, too, and wants to figure out how the world is wrong, just like we do. I mean, you know that's what I've spent most of the past couple days doing, and I don't plan to stop, yet."
>"We'll figure something out, Orin. We have to. I'm sure you know now why I can't just let this rest."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #770 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:56 AM »
>"She's trying to reassure you that she's a friend and that there's nothing to be frightened about."
>"She doesn't really understand a lot about human society. She's... very alien. But she means well. She feels lost and isolated, too, and wants to figure out how the world is wrong, just like we do. I mean, you know that's what I've spent most of the past couple days doing, and I don't plan to stop, yet."
>"We'll figure something out, Orin. We have to. I'm sure you know now why I can't just let this rest."

>"Does she get gestures at all?" Orin asks. She shakes her head. "What the hell? I'm sympathizing with a ghost. A demon ghost if those horns mean anything..."
>She nods as you reassure her. "Okay, we'll figure something out."

>_

« Reply #771 on: July 08, 2010, 05:59:56 AM »
>"Hey, I sympathize with her! You probably would, too, if you'd lived with her like I have. She's a really gentle soul, really. And I think she's felt pretty lonely, too. She's not a demon, by any stretch."

>"Anyway, you want me to grab you something to eat? Or do you not have any appetite?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #772 on: July 08, 2010, 06:09:22 AM »
>"Hey, I sympathize with her! You probably would, too, if you'd lived with her like I have. She's a really gentle soul, really. And I think she's felt pretty lonely, too. She's not a demon, by any stretch."

>"Anyway, you want me to grab you something to eat? Or do you not have any appetite?"

>She nods. "You know what I meant, though."
>She shakes her head. "I don't think I'm hungry right now.
>You, on the other hand, are slightly ravenous at the moment. Not enough to really be a problem since you're being active and distracted.

>_

« Reply #773 on: July 08, 2010, 06:15:01 AM »
>Well, grab something quick to eat, anyway. Going to need something before work, at any rate.

>"You'll get a little used to the strangeness, after a while. In an odd way, the strangeness almost feels more right than the rest of the world. And goodness knows I've found myself doing enough strange things over the last couple of days."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #774 on: July 08, 2010, 06:25:38 AM »
>Well, grab something quick to eat, anyway. Going to need something before work, at any rate.

>"You'll get a little used to the strangeness, after a while. In an odd way, the strangeness almost feels more right than the rest of the world. And goodness knows I've found myself doing enough strange things over the last couple of days."

>"I suppose so," says Orin. "I just don't know what to do..."
>You check the kitchen, looking for something quick to eat. As you do, your phone rings.

>_

« Reply #775 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
>Answer the phone

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #776 on: July 08, 2010, 06:40:50 AM »
>Answer the phone

>"So, how's she doing?" comes the voice of Parsee. "And should I make breakfast for you?"

>_

« Reply #777 on: July 08, 2010, 06:53:58 AM »
>"Well, as well as can be expected. Which is not very, at the moment. But she'll pull through. I'm sure of it. I don't think I'll be back your way before work, but thanks for the thought."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
>"Well, as well as can be expected. Which is not very, at the moment. But she'll pull through. I'm sure of it. I don't think I'll be back your way before work, but thanks for the thought."

>"Sorry to hear that, on both counts," says Parsee. "I've decided I should probably go to class today and I was hoping to give you the spare key before heading out. Wanna meet up for lunch again?"
>You find some cereal! That should be quick and easy.

« Reply #779 on: July 08, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »
>"Yeah, lunch sounds good. What time will you be free?"
>Get some cereal