Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78581 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: July 07, 2010, 06:07:48 AM »
>"Nah, I don't think there's anything else for tonight. Probably just pack up and go home. I, for one, am looking forward to a bed and some sleep. I'll be in touch with you."
>Wave goodbye and head back to Parsee's place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #691 on: July 07, 2010, 06:29:21 AM »
>"Nah, I don't think there's anything else for tonight. Probably just pack up and go home. I, for one, am looking forward to a bed and some sleep. I'll be in touch with you."
>Wave goodbye and head back to Parsee's place

>You decide you're done for the evening, and catch the bus back to the Industrial Park, waving as you do.
>Thankfully, again, the trip back is much shorter than the trip there. Parsee is quiet the while time, while Stargazer spends the whole time peering out the window and wondering at the sights.
>As you leave the bus, Parsee asks, "You are giving me dibs, right?"

>_

« Reply #692 on: July 07, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »
>"To be honest, I didn't even know you WANTED dibs on showing me and my invisible friends to the world. I'm not even sure how that's going to work in the first place."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #693 on: July 07, 2010, 06:51:38 AM »
>"To be honest, I didn't even know you WANTED dibs on showing me and my invisible friends to the world. I'm not even sure how that's going to work in the first place."

>"Well duh," says Parsee. "I reveal the truth, it's what I do. And I'm not gonna let those jerks snag this one after they already got the cat! ...Not that they're jerks, just...you know."

>_

« Reply #694 on: July 07, 2010, 06:59:52 AM »
>"I know where you're coming from, but can't you think of them as colleagues rather than competition? I know you don't really run in the same circles, but you've both made a habit of searching for things that most people don't think exist."
>"I'm really not sure anyone needs to take 'credit' for finding any of this. But, if it makes you feel better, we can figure out some equitable credit sharing arrangement once we figure out when or how we're even going to spread any of this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #695 on: July 07, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »
>"I know where you're coming from, but can't you think of them as colleagues rather than competition? I know you don't really run in the same circles, but you've both made a habit of searching for things that most people don't think exist."
>"I'm really not sure anyone needs to take 'credit' for finding any of this. But, if it makes you feel better, we can figure out some equitable credit sharing arrangement once we figure out when or how we're even going to spread any of this."

>"Bah," she says. "You know you like me more than them. And I've done way more for you than they ever will. If it wasn't for me, Nue would still be following you and you'd be none the wiser."

>_

« Reply #696 on: July 07, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »
>Stop for a moment, take her hand into ours and look her in the eyes gently
>"Look, Parsee... you know it's not about that. You know I care about you, and how much I appreciate how you've been there for me. But this isn't a competition. Please don't try to turn it into one. I don't want to be something people fight over."
>"Renko and Maribel are good people, too, and they've spent a long time searching for stuff like this, back when you would have laughed at them for it. I think they deserve their share of vindication, too. I'd just like everyone to go away satisfied from this. You, them, and me. Promise me we can work something out without any hard feelings?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #697 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
>Stop for a moment, take her hand into ours and look her in the eyes gently
>"Look, Parsee... you know it's not about that. You know I care about you, and how much I appreciate how you've been there for me. But this isn't a competition. Please don't try to turn it into one. I don't want to be something people fight over."
>"Renko and Maribel are good people, too, and they've spent a long time searching for stuff like this, back when you would have laughed at them for it. I think they deserve their share of vindication, too. I'd just like everyone to go away satisfied from this. You, them, and me. Promise me we can work something out without any hard feelings?"

>She squirms a bit as you look her in the eyes, and after a moment mutters, "Fine, we'll try to work it out. But if it doesn't work, I get dibs. They can have the cat and stuff."

>_

« Reply #698 on: July 07, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
>"Sure, fair enough."
>Continue to the apartment

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #699 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:48 PM »
>"Sure, fair enough."
>Continue to the apartment

>You decide to let her have it in the end. "Thanks," she says, squeezing your hand.
>You get back to Parsee's apartment without any further problems.

>_

« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2010, 09:38:55 PM »
>May as well check email and AIM to see if there's been any updates in the last while

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #701 on: July 07, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »
>May as well check email and AIM to see if there's been any updates in the last while

>You go to check your email, and find a new message from Chiko. There doesn't seem to be any AIM activity.

>_

« Reply #702 on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »
>May as well read it. Might even have to reply this time...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #703 on: July 07, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
>May as well read it. Might even have to reply this time...

>You read Chiko's email. It simply says "yo stop frontin b4 yuugs gets mad to"

>_

« Reply #704 on: July 07, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »
>Write back to Chiko:
>"Sorry I didn't respond right away. It's been a really busy few days, and I've been away from the computer for most of them. I appreciate you finding something so quickly, and the price isn't very high. But I'm not sure I'm in a position to afford a bike, at the moment, at any price. I'm trying to save up for something that's really important to me, and between that and rent, I don't really have a lot of money to put down on big purchases. I hope you don't take that the wrong way. It is nice of you to want to lend a hand like that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #705 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »
>Write back to Chiko:
>"Sorry I didn't respond right away. It's been a really busy few days, and I've been away from the computer for most of them. I appreciate you finding something so quickly, and the price isn't very high. But I'm not sure I'm in a position to afford a bike, at the moment, at any price. I'm trying to save up for something that's really important to me, and between that and rent, I don't really have a lot of money to put down on big purchases. I hope you don't take that the wrong way. It is nice of you to want to lend a hand like that."

>You send off the response. Hopefully it will be diplomatic enough.

>_

« Reply #706 on: July 07, 2010, 10:46:28 PM »
>"Well, it's been a long day, and I need to get up early tomorrow morning, so I should probably get to bed soon. You have an alarm clock I can set or something?"
>If so, set the alarm to a reasonable time to wake up, and catch the bus to work tomorrow

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #707 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
>"Well, it's been a long day, and I need to get up early tomorrow morning, so I should probably get to bed soon. You have an alarm clock I can set or something?"
>If so, set the alarm to a reasonable time to wake up, and catch the bus to work tomorrow

>"I'm afraid I have just the one. I need to be up by seven, will that be good enough to wake you up?"

>_

« Reply #708 on: July 07, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »
>"Yeah, that sounds fine. Wake me up when you get up."
>"I wonder how Orin will react to the news, tomorrow...."
>"Anyway, too many things I could dwell on now, if I start dwelling on things. So I won't. Or try not to, anyway."
>Get ready for bed

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #709 on: July 07, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »
>"Yeah, that sounds fine. Wake me up when you get up."
>"I wonder how Orin will react to the news, tomorrow...."
>"Anyway, too many things I could dwell on now, if I start dwelling on things. So I won't. Or try not to, anyway."
>Get ready for bed

>"I will. And, no idea how she'll take it. But she has things together, right? She'll get through it."
>Parsee heads off to her room, leaving you alone to prepare for bed, or take any last minute activities.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #710 on: July 08, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
> Its been a busy day.  Get to those Z's.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #711 on: July 08, 2010, 12:24:45 AM »
> Its been a busy day.  Get to those Z's.

>You waste no more time, and curl up into bed. After all, you did nod off earlier today and...
>You're flying through the sky, not a care in the world. Below you are mountains and valleys, barely worth your attention. The sky is clear, the air pleasantly warm. The sun shines brightly. The sky is yours.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #712 on: July 08, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
> Examine self.
> Status of Turkish release.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #713 on: July 08, 2010, 12:34:52 AM »
> Examine self.
> Status of Turkish release.

>You are Reiuji Utsuho! Oh, your shoelace is undone.
>They know the deal.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #714 on: July 08, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
> Redo shoelace.
> Land.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #715 on: July 08, 2010, 12:45:21 AM »
> Redo shoelace.
> Land.

>You retie your shoelace, and begin to fall out of the air.
>You hit the ground with a loud 'whump'!
>Ow...
>Looking around, you seem to have landed in the middle of the Industrial Park in a nice bed of flowers that has grown up in the middle of the street.
>A car passes over you. How rude, they could have just gone around!

>_

« Reply #716 on: July 08, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
>Examine the flowers

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #717 on: July 08, 2010, 12:51:08 AM »
> Sample one of the flowers.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #718 on: July 08, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »
>Examine the flowers

>It is a lovely bed of daffodils and tulips. Good thing there are no roses, that would hurt. There is an Utsuho-shaped impression in the middle of the bed.

> Sample one of the flowers.

>You sample a tulip. Ooo, it's buttery!

>_

« Reply #719 on: July 08, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
>Fly up and get a nice aerial view of the Industrial Park