Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78540 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #660 on: July 07, 2010, 01:03:56 AM »
> "That was... odd.
> Do we have any video equipment?  If so, take a quick picture/some footage of Rin to see if the cat shows up.

>You don't. But you recall that Parsee's cellphone takes pictures.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #661 on: July 07, 2010, 01:22:05 AM »
> Take a picture with the cellphone

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2010, 01:27:56 AM »
> Take a picture with the cellphone

>You borrow Parsee's cell phone, and take a picture. Thankfully, the flash doesn't seem to wake Orin.
>There is the cat shadow, curled up on her. It is still very translucent.
>"Well shit," says Parsee, as she looks around your shoulder.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2010, 01:28:55 AM »
> "Let's get out before we wake her or Satori up..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2010, 01:41:27 AM »
> "Let's get out before we wake her or Satori up..."

>Parsee nods. "Is she gonna be okay?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2010, 01:45:44 AM »
> Does anything feel different now that the cat has "bonded" with Orin, if that's really what happened?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #666 on: July 07, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
> Does anything feel different now that the cat has "bonded" with Orin, if that's really what happened?

>She doesn't seem any different.
>Stargazer doesn't seem to feel anything, from what you can gather.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:51 AM »
> "I don't know... Nothing seems particularly strange that I can tell, besides, you know, its existence, but without knowing what it is, who can say?"

« Reply #668 on: July 07, 2010, 02:20:53 AM »
>"Well, I'm still ok, aren't I? Or whatever passes for ok these days, anyway."
>Stargazer doesn't feel anything? Like, she can't even feel the presence from the cat which she could, earlier, when it was wandering about?

>"But I can't believe it's co-incidence that the cat came here. It knew where my house was. Stargazer sensed something like nostalgia from it, when it was near me. Maybe it knew us?"
>"What if my ghost crow found me in a similar way, somehow? We still have no idea how or when that got there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: July 07, 2010, 02:28:09 AM »
> "I don't know... Nothing seems particularly strange that I can tell, besides, you know, its existence, but without knowing what it is, who can say?"

>Parsee nods.

>"Well, I'm still ok, aren't I? Or whatever passes for ok these days, anyway."
>Stargazer doesn't feel anything? Like, she can't even feel the presence from the cat which she could, earlier, when it was wandering about?

>"But I can't believe it's co-incidence that the cat came here. It knew where my house was. Stargazer sensed something like nostalgia from it, when it was near me. Maybe it knew us?"
>"What if my ghost crow found me in a similar way, somehow? We still have no idea how or when that got there."

>"Yeah, I guess you're right," says Parsee.
>She doesn't seem to feel anything.
>Parsee shrugs. "Maybe it did? I dunno. Does seem pretty weird it'd come after your sister."
>"I was wondering that myself," Parsee says. "I wonder if the detectives heard any stories about that kind of thing?"

>_

« Reply #670 on: July 07, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »
>"I don't know... Well, we can ask them. For now, let's get out of here and let Orin sleep. I'll call her in the morning and see how she's feeling."
>Leave the house
>Once at a reasonable distance, call Renko and let them know what happened

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: July 07, 2010, 03:09:30 AM »
>"I don't know... Well, we can ask them. For now, let's get out of here and let Orin sleep. I'll call her in the morning and see how she's feeling."
>Leave the house
>Once at a reasonable distance, call Renko and let them know what happened

>Parsee nods, and you leave the house.
>You called Renko. "Hey, where are you?" she asks. "We expected to have run into you by now."

>_

« Reply #672 on: July 07, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
>"Yeah, I, uh.... took a bit of a detour on a hunch. I can't say it made a lot of sense at the time, but I found the cat again... on my own doorstep. When I opened the door up, the cat ran straight for my sister's room, where she was sleeping and jumped on top of her. It seemed to disappear, but cameras can still see it. I think it might be something like the crow that's following me around. Stargazer can't sense it anymore."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #673 on: July 07, 2010, 03:27:55 AM »
>"Yeah, I, uh.... took a bit of a detour on a hunch. I can't say it made a lot of sense at the time, but I found the cat again... on my own doorstep. When I opened the door up, the cat ran straight for my sister's room, where she was sleeping and jumped on top of her. It seemed to disappear, but cameras can still see it. I think it might be something like the crow that's following me around. Stargazer can't sense it anymore."

>"Wow, bring that picture over here!" says Renko. She pauses. "...You know what I mean. I guess that means your sister is okay?"

>_

« Reply #674 on: July 07, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »
>"She seems fine. I mean, I'm still fine with two ghosts in tow. I didn't want to wake her, though. I'll call her tomorrow morning and see how she's doing. I feel kinda bad for her getting involved in all this, but... I don't think the cat came to her by chance. Maybe she was already connected to... whatever it is that's going on."
>"Where are you two now, anyway? We'll head over your way."
>Head to meet up with Renko and Maribel

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #675 on: July 07, 2010, 03:40:17 AM »
>"She seems fine. I mean, I'm still fine with two ghosts in tow. I didn't want to wake her, though. I'll call her tomorrow morning and see how she's doing. I feel kinda bad for her getting involved in all this, but... I don't think the cat came to her by chance. Maybe she was already connected to... whatever it is that's going on."
>"Where are you two now, anyway? We'll head over your way."
>Head to meet up with Renko and Maribel

>"We'll meet you by Mad Mart," says Renko.
>Along the way there, you feel Stargazer start to clue in that the cat shadow didn't just vanish, but has joined with Orin. She doesn't anything helpful to offer in the wake of this realization, unfortunately.
>You find the two detectives sitting on the sidewalk outside the convenience store. Renko waves.

>_

« Reply #676 on: July 07, 2010, 03:44:16 AM »
>Wave back to them
>Show them the photo

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #677 on: July 07, 2010, 03:54:11 AM »
>Wave back to them
>Show them the photo

>You wave back, and show them them photo without preamble. "Wow, she was asleep?" asks Maribel, "And it didn't wake her up? Interesting."

>_

« Reply #678 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:25 AM »
>"Well, it doesn't seem to have any physical substance, so it mightn't have weighed anything when it jumped on her. She might not even have felt it if she were awake."
>"I makes me wonder, though, if the crow with me came to me in a similar way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #679 on: July 07, 2010, 04:04:17 AM »
>"Well, it doesn't seem to have any physical substance, so it mightn't have weighed anything when it jumped on her. She might not even have felt it if she were awake."
>"I makes me wonder, though, if the crow with me came to me in a similar way."

>"Might have," says Renko. "It's as good an explanation as anything."
>"Do you still feel okay after touching it?" asks Renko.

>_

« Reply #680 on: July 07, 2010, 04:09:53 AM »
>We feel pretty normal at this point, don't we?
>If so: "I think so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #681 on: July 07, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
>We feel pretty normal at this point, don't we?
>If so: "I think so."

>You do, and say so.
>"Well," says Renko, "I guess there's nothing left but to check the videos and question your sister."

>_

« Reply #682 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:59 AM »
>"Yeah. Shall we head back and have a little look at them, now? Probably nothing on the footage that we don't already know is there, but I'd like to take a peek, anyway."
>Head back to the alley

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »
>"I already got them" says Maribel.
>The four of you start watching the recordings. As expected, there isn't anything new on them. But, one of them does manage not to have more than your hand on them, and thus nothing to distract from the subject matter.

>_

« Reply #684 on: July 07, 2010, 05:05:32 AM »
>"Well, at least you have some better footage this time. What're you planning to do with it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: July 07, 2010, 05:09:52 AM »
>"Well, at least you have some better footage this time. What're you planning to do with it?"

>"Well. That's a good question," says Renko. "We have to release it, obviously..."
>"But," says Maribel, "we'd have to find a venue where we wouldn't get called a hoax."
>"Which...yeah," says Renko. "The tricky part would be if we were gonna prove anything, we'd have to get your sister involved..."

>_

« Reply #686 on: July 07, 2010, 05:13:49 AM »
>"Why? I mean, how does she help prove this any more than I do? I mean, the whole 'ghosts show up when you photograph her' works double for me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: July 07, 2010, 05:16:42 AM »
>"Why? I mean, how does she help prove this any more than I do? I mean, the whole 'ghosts show up when you photograph her' works double for me."

>"We don't have any footage your friends running around free," says Renko. "Though if you're volunteering..."
>"Hey, I get first dibs on releasing that!" Parsee says, glaring daggers at Renko.

>_

« Reply #688 on: July 07, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
>"Look, guys.... there's no point in arguing about who has dibs on what, here. Especially when the 'scoop' can speak for itself."
>"I understand where you're both coming from. I really do. I know that if I had spent as much time hunting for strange things as you have, I'd want nothing more than to immediately plaster this everywhere and and go: "Hey, look, I wasn't crazy!". But... I'm not sure I'm comfortable being a walking public scientific curiosity just yet. There's enough stuff going on in my life at the moment that I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring any more attention to myself. Maybe after some time..."
>"I can mention your interest to Orin when I talk to her tomorrow. I don't make her decisions for her, but I'm sure it'll take her some time to even know what to make of this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: July 07, 2010, 05:52:35 AM »
>"Look, guys.... there's no point in arguing about who has dibs on what, here. Especially when the 'scoop' can speak for itself."
>"I understand where you're both coming from. I really do. I know that if I had spent as much time hunting for strange things as you have, I'd want nothing more than to immediately plaster this everywhere and and go: "Hey, look, I wasn't crazy!". But... I'm not sure I'm comfortable being a walking public scientific curiosity just yet. There's enough stuff going on in my life at the moment that I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring any more attention to myself. Maybe after some time..."
>"I can mention your interest to Orin when I talk to her tomorrow. I don't make her decisions for her, but I'm sure it'll take her some time to even know what to make of this."

>"Alright," says Renko. "That's really about the best we can ask for isn't it?"
>"I still called it," says Parsee.
>"Um, is there anything else we need to do?" asks Maribel.

>_