Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78460 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: July 05, 2010, 04:29:49 AM »
>"You know... you lead the more or less the same normal, ordinary life for ages, without anything major changing, and then so much happens in just a day or two... Funny how that works, isn't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #541 on: July 05, 2010, 04:46:01 AM »
>"You know... you lead the more or less the same normal, ordinary life for ages, without anything major changing, and then so much happens in just a day or two... Funny how that works, isn't it?"

>She nods, not looking at you. "Biggest discoveries I ever made, and either I can't use 'em, or they make me look like a dope."

>_

« Reply #542 on: July 05, 2010, 04:53:59 AM »
>"Haha, yeah. Plenty of frustration to go around at the moment, I think."
>"But at least it hasn't been all bad."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2010, 05:03:08 AM »
>"Haha, yeah. Plenty of frustration to go around at the moment, I think."
>"But at least it hasn't been all bad."

>She nods again. "Could have been a lot worse."

>_

« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2010, 05:06:36 AM »
>"Well, let's hope we can keep it from getting a lot worse, too. I'd really rather not find myself in a jail cell in the near future. Or someplace worse."

>Wait thoughtfully for the food to arrive

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2010, 05:21:21 AM »
>"Well, let's hope we can keep it from getting a lot worse, too. I'd really rather not find myself in a jail cell in the near future. Or someplace worse."

>Wait thoughtfully for the food to arrive

>She nods. "Well, with luck, maybe Stargazer can get you out."
>You fall into silence. After a moment, Parsee leans wordlessly back and lays down beside you.  As far as you can tell, she's staring at the ceiling; it's a little hard to see.

>_

« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:51 AM »
>Reach out and gently hold her hand in yours

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2010, 05:41:40 AM »
>Reach out and gently hold her hand in yours

>You take her hand into yours. She squeezes it, and seems content.

>_

« Reply #548 on: July 05, 2010, 05:55:03 AM »
>Just lie like that until the food arrives, or something else happens

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #549 on: July 05, 2010, 06:19:35 AM »
>Just lie like that until the food arrives, or something else happens

>You lay there in silence. You're a bit exhausted, but...it's pleasant. This is perhaps the best bit of staring at the ceiling you've engaged in. Unfortunately, you don't get to enjoy things as much as you wish, as after a few minutes you become aware of Stargazer looming unseen over you and trying to figure out what you two are doing.
>You manage to ignore her for a bit, and she goes away to try to solve other mysteries, such as the purpose of the refrigerator. Not very long after, there is a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Parsee says, "You just rest." She stands up, still holding your hand, and walks toward you. With a little grin that is rather uncharacteristic of her, she leans down and gives you a quick peck on the cheek, then walks off before you can say anything, or do much other than wonder at that tingling she left behind.
>She returns a moment later, with a large brown paper back. She places it on the edge of the bed, and starts to pull out the food, handing your two rather sizable boxes.

>_

« Reply #550 on: July 05, 2010, 06:39:55 AM »
>"Oh, that smells delicious. I hadn't realized just how starved I am."
>As we take the boxes from Parsee, lean in and give her a similar peck on the cheek.
>"Turnabout's fair play, right?"
>Grin at her
>Dig in

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #551 on: July 05, 2010, 07:00:59 AM »
>"Oh, that smells delicious. I hadn't realized just how starved I am."
>As we take the boxes from Parsee, lean in and give her a similar peck on the cheek.
>"Turnabout's fair play, right?"
>Grin at her
>Dig in

>You are not exaggerating these words, you find. You really are famished quite famished. Still, you give her a quick kiss. She just grins back and has a seat on the edge of the bed again.
>You then dig in. You find that parsee got you a lot more than you'd normally eat, but you find that you can tuck it away with no real problems. You feel kinda guilty, this is the second time today, and you're really going to start putting on weight if you keep doing this.... Even then you still finish it without any real problems; and end up taking some of Parsee's leftover rangoons before you feel satisfied.

>_

« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2010, 07:30:52 AM »
>"Well, that hit the spot. All this running around must seriously work up an appetite. So... how much do I owe you?"

>Current time

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #553 on: July 05, 2010, 07:54:27 AM »
>"Well, that hit the spot. All this running around must seriously work up an appetite. So... how much do I owe you?"

>Current time

>"I feel paid in full," she says. "Besides, you treated me this afternoon."
>It's nine thirty. You have another hour before you should go out to meet with the detectives.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #554 on: July 05, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »
> Take it easy for the next hour.  Let Stargazer rove around and what-not and just rest.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #555 on: July 05, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
> Take it easy for the next hour.  Let Stargazer rove around and what-not and just rest.

>You kick back for the next hour. This comes to an end more quickly than you anticipated when you feel someone shaking your shoulder, and Parsee saying "Wake up, sleepyhead."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #556 on: July 05, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »
> "Wha...  I fell asleep?"
> "What time is it?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: July 05, 2010, 08:31:13 PM »
> "Wha...  I fell asleep?"
> "What time is it?"

>"You sure did," says Parsee. "It's ten thirty,"

>_

« Reply #558 on: July 05, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »
>"Wow, must have been more exhausted than I realized..."
>"I guess I better get ready to head out and meet Renko and Maribel, and maybe see if Stargazer can make something of this cat ghost."
>Get ready to leave

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: July 05, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
>"Wow, must have been more exhausted than I realized..."
>"I guess I better get ready to head out and meet Renko and Maribel, and maybe see if Stargazer can make something of this cat ghost."
>Get ready to leave

>"You've been running around all day, haven't you?" Parsee says.
>Parsee nods. You note, as you get ready to leave, that Parsee is doing so as well.

>_

« Reply #560 on: July 05, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »
>"Yeah, I don't think tomorrow is likely to be much different, either. Let's hope I don't run myself into the ground before I figure out what the hell is going on around here."
>"And I guess you want to come, too, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: July 05, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »
>"Yeah, I don't think tomorrow is likely to be much different, either. Let's hope I don't run myself into the ground before I figure out what the hell is going on around here."
>"And I guess you want to come, too, then?"

>"Well, the weekend's coming up shortly, so you should have the day off then, right?" asks Parsee. "It'll let you sleep in, at least."
>She nods in reply to your inquiry.
>Stargazer is curious about what you're up to.

>_

« Reply #562 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:10 PM »
>"Yeah, that'll be nice."
>What day is it today, anyway?
>Tell Stargazer that we're going out to try to meet another spirit of some kind that we saw last night, while she was asleep. We're wondering if she'll be able to sense anything from it, or communicate with it now that she'll be awake this time
>Head towards the meeting place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
>"Yeah, that'll be nice."
>What day is it today, anyway?
>Tell Stargazer that we're going out to try to meet another spirit of some kind that we saw last night, while she was asleep. We're wondering if she'll be able to sense anything from it, or communicate with it now that she'll be awake this time
>Head towards the meeting place

>It is Thursday.
>You try to explain what you're doing to Stargazer. She seems to understand, but she is not very keen on appearing with a number of strangers around.

>_

« Reply #564 on: July 05, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
>"Well, the only other people who'll be there are Renko and Maribel. Those two you met earlier today. Although, you wouldn't even have to appear to have a look around, now would you?"
>Head out

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #565 on: July 05, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
>"Well, the only other people who'll be there are Renko and Maribel. Those two you met earlier today. Although, you wouldn't even have to appear to have a look around, now would you?"
>Head out

>She seems a little less upset when she learns there's only going to be a small group. Though she's still worried and confused about Parsee. However, she really can't work as well as possible when she's hidden.
>The three of you head out. the bus trip is much like last night's, much slower than it normally would be. The bus is empty. Parsee snuggles up close to you again for the whole ride, which does a lot to ease out the annoyance of the wait, though you have to deal with Stargazer trying to figure out what you're doing once more.
>You arrive in front of Mad Mart without any real difficulties, a little before 11:30. You don't see Renko or Maribel about yet.

>_

« Reply #566 on: July 05, 2010, 11:11:09 PM »
>"Well, I guess we just wait around here until they show up, then."
>Wait

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:40 PM »
>"Well, I guess we just wait around here until they show up, then."
>Wait

>Parsee nods, and the two of you wait around.
>Stargazer slips into Mad Mart while you do, and is quite bewildered by what she sees inside.
>After a few moments, the doors slide open and Renko and Maribel emerge. "Oh, hey there," says Maribel.

>_

« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
>Wave to them
>"Hey, guys! How's it going?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »
>Wave to them
>"Hey, guys! How's it going?"

>You wave to the pair, and they come over. "Hi, Parsee," says Renko, nodding to your companion.
>"Is Miss Stargazer here?" asks Maribel, looking around.

>_