Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78495 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #450 on: July 03, 2010, 01:38:54 AM »
>"Oh, she's just a woman I met while I was on my way to Usami Investigations for the first time, yesterday. She was out doing some gardening and we ended up chatting for a bit. She seems weird to you?"
>"And you looked pretty uncomfortable when I told her what happened with those teenagers last night."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #451 on: July 03, 2010, 01:49:40 AM »
>"Oh, she's just a woman I met while I was on my way to Usami Investigations for the first time, yesterday. She was out doing some gardening and we ended up chatting for a bit. She seems weird to you?"
>"And you looked pretty uncomfortable when I told her what happened with those teenagers last night."

>"Just the way she holds herself and talks. Like some kind of countess or something. Down to earth, kinda, but at the same time like she's some high muckity muck."
>"Well, um, I did kinda zap the one."

>_

« Reply #452 on: July 03, 2010, 01:53:02 AM »
>"Yeah, I suppose you're right, now that you mention it."
>"Yeah, well... they did start it, and no one got seriously hurt in the end, so I think we did ok, given the circumstances. I'm glad she didn't seem too upset about it. I feel kinda bad for her, actually."

>Current time
>Are there any notable parts of the park we have yet to explore?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2010, 02:06:44 AM »
>"Yeah, I suppose you're right, now that you mention it."
>"Yeah, well... they did start it, and no one got seriously hurt in the end, so I think we did ok, given the circumstances. I'm glad she didn't seem too upset about it. I feel kinda bad for her, actually."

>Current time
>Are there any notable parts of the park we have yet to explore?

>"Yeah, but if she got a bad attitude about it, she might've called the police or whatever."
>"Me too, really. I guess she doesn't seem like a bad person, even if she's a bit odd."
>It is about 8:45.
>There's a lot of the woods left, but aside from this, you've hit all the major areas.

>_

« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2010, 02:16:01 AM »
>"Well, how about we do another quick poke around, and then head out. Mind if we head back to your place?"

>Assuming no disagreement, walk around some parts of the forest that are reasonably nearby, and which we haven't been to yet, then grab the bus to Parsee's

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »
>"Well, how about we do another quick poke around, and then head out. Mind if we head back to your place?"

>Assuming no disagreement, walk around some parts of the forest that are reasonably nearby, and which we haven't been to yet, then grab the bus to Parsee's

>"Okay," says Parsee. "I wouldn't mind that at all."
>You head down a different path in the forest.  This one is shorter, and thus more well traveled. Along the way, you don't see much interesting, although the scenery is very nice.
>You make your way back to the bus stop, and soon board a bus back to Parsee's home.
>She sits there, as you ride back, with your notebook in hand, staring at all the things she's scrawled down. Every so often, she'll add something else.

>_

« Reply #456 on: July 03, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »
>"Well, for all the different kinds of weirdness I've encountered in the last two days, I'm still not sure I'm any closer to finding what's 'wrong'. How are you supposed to find something you can't even define? Well, I guess I just keep poking my nose into as many weird things as possible, and hope that I'll eventually find a thread of what I'm looking for. Whatever that is."

>"I've said it before, and I'm sure you'll eventually get tired of hearing it, but it really is nice having someone else along for the ride."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #457 on: July 03, 2010, 03:06:41 AM »
>"Well, for all the different kinds of weirdness I've encountered in the last two days, I'm still not sure I'm any closer to finding what's 'wrong'. How are you supposed to find something you can't even define? Well, I guess I just keep poking my nose into as many weird things as possible, and hope that I'll eventually find a thread of what I'm looking for. Whatever that is."

>"I've said it before, and I'm sure you'll eventually get tired of hearing it, but it really is nice having someone else along for the ride."

>"I know," says Parsee, frowning at the map she sketched. "That's why we're gonna be poking our nose into the weirdest place of them all."
>"It's not so bad helping you out," she says. "And it's kinda nice to have someone even a little like-minded around."

>_

« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2010, 03:13:57 AM »
>"Yeah, I suppose you mustn't get a lot of that in person. Well, I guess we can be 'crazy' together then, hey?"

>Continue on to Parsee's place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2010, 03:52:11 AM »
>"Yeah, I suppose you mustn't get a lot of that in person. Well, I guess we can be 'crazy' together then, hey?"

>Continue on to Parsee's place

>She smiles, "That's how I see it."
>It takes a little time to get from the Park to the Industrial Park via the D Route. As you disembark, you can hear the roar of a couple motorcycle engines in the distance; it sounds like the bikers are in town. As well, you see an absolutely huge and insanely ripped blonde woman locking the door of the Masterspark Gym across the street from the bus stop.

>_

« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »
>Take another glance at the woman before continuing onward

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2010, 04:19:44 AM »
>Take another glance at the woman before continuing onward

>If you need someone to rip apart a truck, this is definitely the woman you want to hire. She'd probably provide her own tools; or improvise some. It's pretty hypnotic, really. She seems to be minding her own business. Once she finishes locking up, she heads north, opposite the way you're going.
>"Never seen Marisa before?" Parsee asks, as you continue toward Parsee's building.

>_

« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2010, 04:54:24 AM »
>"No, can't say that I have. Can't imagine I'd forget that, either. She's rather... imposing, to say the least. Ha, although I suppose she makes a good poster girl for whatever 'pump you up' slogans the gym cares to have."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2010, 05:09:03 AM »
>"No, can't say that I have. Can't imagine I'd forget that, either. She's rather... imposing, to say the least. Ha, although I suppose she makes a good poster girl for whatever 'pump you up' slogans the gym cares to have."

>"Yeah. She's kinda a local do gooder," says Parsee. "Not really going to be all that helpful to us, but she isn't a bad sort. You kinda get sick of her real fast, though."
>You reach Parsee's building.

>_

« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2010, 05:10:47 AM »
>"Get sick of her real fast, why? Is she obnoxious or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2010, 05:25:05 AM »
>"Get sick of her real fast, why? Is she obnoxious or something?"

>"Yeah. Kinda like the Professor, but less grounded. Oh man, you have no idea how happy I am she didn't see us together, it'd be humiliating. I'd almost rather meet those damn bikers. Almost."
>You reach Parsee's apartment.

>_

« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:20 AM »
>"LESS grounded? I'm not sure I'm even quite sure what to make of that."

>"I assume you don't mind if I use your computer for a bit?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2010, 05:34:13 AM »
>"LESS grounded? I'm not sure I'm even quite sure what to make of that."

>"I assume you don't mind if I use your computer for a bit?"

>"Yeah."
>"You mean the laptop or the desktop?" Parsee asks. "The former's yours to play with, but I'd prefer you keep off the desktop for now unless there's a good reason. You know how I am about my privacy."

>_

« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »
>"Oh yeah, that's fine. I respect that. I just need a functioning internet connection, that's all."

>Check our email

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:46 AM »
>"Oh yeah, that's fine. I respect that. I just need a functioning internet connection, that's all."

>Check our email

>You take the laptop and check your email.
>There is a new reply from Ace at 7:25 PM, and one from Chiko at 8:19 PM

>_

« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2010, 05:59:32 AM »
>Read both emails

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2010, 06:09:06 AM »
>Read both emails

>Ace's email reads: "You gonna log in or what?"
>Chiko's is of a similar vein. "hey u down with that bike deal?? yuugs ridin my ass about it. gonna party with us tonight????"

« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2010, 06:10:18 AM »
>Log into the AIM account we gave to Ace

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:11 AM »
>Log into the AIM account we gave to Ace

>AIM does not exist on this laptop, but there's a net applet that's easy enough to use. You log in, and are quickly assaulted by a someone named aceaceaceaceace
>"about time you showed up jesus"

>_

« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2010, 06:25:12 AM »
>"Well, I did say in my email that I'd be away from the computer most of the day..."
>"I don't suppose you have anything new for me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2010, 06:35:09 AM »
>"Well, I did say in my email that I'd be away from the computer most of the day..."
>"I don't suppose you have anything new for me?"

>"no not really. normally i wouldn't care but nue doesnt do runs for scrubs so its really wigly. so im trying to figure out who tagged you just for peace of mind"

« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
>"So you've heard of Nue, anyway?"
>"What do you think the odds of her story actually being true, are?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2010, 06:52:13 AM »
>"So you've heard of Nue, anyway?"
>"What do you think the odds of her story actually being true, are?"

>"yeah shes kinda a followjockey. you chip into things"
>"fifty fifty. she wouldn't sell out her client unless she clued in you thought shed lie"

« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:36 AM »
>"Well, I don't know that we'd strike her as too competent, but we did have her in a compromising situation at the time... Haven't noticed anything since, though."

>"Shifting gears a bit: I don't suppose you've heard of any recent unusual activity at the research facility? Not the usual weird stuff everyone goes on about, but something tangible that might have come across your radar?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #479 on: July 03, 2010, 07:17:09 AM »
>"Well, I don't know that we'd strike her as too competent, but we did have her in a compromising situation at the time... Haven't noticed anything since, though."

>"Shifting gears a bit: I don't suppose you've heard of any recent unusual activity at the research facility? Not the usual weird stuff everyone goes on about, but something tangible that might have come across your radar?"
[/quote

>"she might still be at it. dunno"
>"huh thats a gear switch. um not really why? never been in the thing. shits a datafortress from here"

>_