Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78492 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2010, 01:09:38 AM »
>"Um, I don't think so... at least the name doesn't ring a bell. What happened? And, uh, why would you think that I had?"

>"She mentioned two people that look remarkably like the two of yyou had tased a friend of hers in an alley last night," says Yukari, not sounding at all perturbed. She would be a brown-haired girl, just over sixteen now, favoring a cap similar to mine."

> "Not unless she was in that trio of high schoolers in the alley."

>"That sounds about right."

>_

« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2010, 01:20:22 AM »
>"Uh, yeah, that was us...  I, uh- small world, huh?"
>"I suppose you'd like an explanation?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2010, 01:26:01 AM »
> Blame Cirno.
> Explain what went down.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2010, 01:33:09 AM »
>"Uh, yeah, that was us...  I, uh- small world, huh?"
>"I suppose you'd like an explanation?"

>"Please," says Yukari.
>You note that Parsee has gone stock still.

> Blame Cirno.
> Explain what went down.

>You explain last night's encounter as well as you can remember. You don't think this Chen actually did anything to you, looking back on it. Maybe some smack talk?
>"Ah, so about what I expected," says Yukari, shaking her head. "I tell her not to hang with those hoodlums, but this is about all I can realistically do."

>_

« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2010, 01:40:48 AM »
>"It must be very frustrating for you. If it's any consolation, I don't think Chen really did much. Didn't take a swing at us, at any rate, unlike their vaunted leader, and this Dai person. I wonder what she sees in them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2010, 01:44:19 AM »
>"It must be very frustrating for you. If it's any consolation, I don't think Chen really did much. Didn't take a swing at us, at any rate, unlike their vaunted leader, and this Dai person. I wonder what she sees in them."

>"Friends since they were young," says Yukari. "They used to come visit when they were younger. But they were always pranksters and such. But I think, perhaps, you two might have put some sense into them."

>_

« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2010, 01:59:12 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Too bad they didn't grow up to have better sense. Of course, maybe they still will. High school is full of morons who haven't realized what jerks they are, yet. At least mine was. I assume they're all like that. I guess we just hope they learn something better from that stupid fight than 'bring a bigger stick'"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2010, 02:07:12 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Too bad they didn't grow up to have better sense. Of course, maybe they still will. High school is full of morons who haven't realized what jerks they are, yet. At least mine was. I assume they're all like that. I guess we just hope they learn something better from that stupid fight than 'bring a bigger stick'"

>"Hopefully so. They aren't terrible people are heart, despite what they do. But I am afraid that if they continue as they are, crime will be the only option left to them."
>She shakes her head. "But enough of that. What brings you here today?"

>_

« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2010, 02:14:55 AM »
>"Oh, just wandering, mostly. It's a nice evening, and I hadn't been to the park in ages."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2010, 02:20:23 AM »
>"Oh, just wandering, mostly. It's a nice evening, and I hadn't been to the park in ages."

>"Ah, I see. Have you set out your garden yet?"

>_

« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2010, 02:25:00 AM »
>"Nah, it's been a really hectic couple of days, and I'm not sure the immediate future is going to be much different. Would be nice to have the time to squirrel away for something peaceful like that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2010, 02:32:06 AM »
>"Nah, it's been a really hectic couple of days, and I'm not sure the immediate future is going to be much different. Would be nice to have the time to squirrel away for something peaceful like that."

>Yukari nods. "A shame. It's a good time to set out vegetables."
>"Wait, you're into gardening?" Parsee asks, looking at you.

>_

« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:06 AM »
>"Well, I wouldn't say I'm 'into gardening', but Mom has always kept a small garden. Seems to find it satisfying. I've thought I might try planting a couple things myself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2010, 03:24:49 AM »
>"Well, I wouldn't say I'm 'into gardening', but Mom has always kept a small garden. Seems to find it satisfying. I've thought I might try planting a couple things myself."

>"Ah, okay," says Parsee.
>"It is a good time for it," says Yukari. "The flowers don't take much coaxing these days. Did you ever find your shrines?"

>_

« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2010, 03:29:08 AM »
>"Yeah, all of them, eventually. Even the one in the middle of the forest. It certainly doesn't advertise itself very well."
>"Speaking of flowers, though, there was a huge field in the forest absolutely filled with them. Evidently there's a ton more this year than usual."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2010, 03:46:49 AM »
>"Yeah, all of them, eventually. Even the one in the middle of the forest. It certainly doesn't advertise itself very well."
>"Speaking of flowers, though, there was a huge field in the forest absolutely filled with them. Evidently there's a ton more this year than usual."

>"I'm glad to hear it. I hope you found what you were looking for."
>"Is that so?" says Yukari. "I admit, I'm only familiar with the forest in passing, as it's not a place I typically go, but...that does sound rather unusual. It's not really known for its flowers, to my understanding."

>_

« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2010, 04:08:06 AM »
>"Yeah, it did seem pretty unusual. A couple other people who were there commented on it. I wonder what's different there now than before? Somebody's secret colossal gardening project?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2010, 04:22:01 AM »
>"Yeah, it did seem pretty unusual. A couple other people who were there commented on it. I wonder what's different there now than before? Somebody's secret colossal gardening project?"

>"I couldn't tell you," says Yukari. "Even if you plant the seeds, a place with low light and an already crowded soil like that wouldn't give rise to many flowers. Some, yes, but not an overwhelming amount. I wonder if Miss Kazami is aware of it?"

>_

« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »
>"Miss Kazami?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2010, 05:09:26 AM »
>"She runs the nursery," says Yukari. "Easily the most knowledgeable person with flowers around, perhaps short of a botany professor."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
> "I may have some things to ask her then.  Do you know where I can find the nursery?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »
> "I may have some things to ask her then.  Do you know where I can find the nursery?"

>"It's to the northeast of the pawn shop," Yukari says.
>"We met Nue by it," Parsee adds.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
>That's the woman who wants us to get the poison for her, right?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
>That's the woman who wants us to get the poison for her, right?

>No. That would be the pharmacist in the Skids.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
> Thank Yukari for the directions.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »
> Thank Yukari for the directions.

>"It's no problem at all," says Yukari, before she looks toward the playground and shouts, "Rumia! Stop throwing sand or you're going straight home!"

>_

« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2010, 12:17:30 AM »
>"I don't suppose you've heard anything else interesting lately?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2010, 01:21:38 AM »
>"I don't suppose you've heard anything else interesting lately?"

>"Well, I try not to get involved with gossip that much," says Yukari, "But...hm...Let me think. I have heard stories that Speed Gang that comes around here sometimes is involved in some rather nasty business. I'm a little afraid my Chen or her friends might fall in with them..."

>_

« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:34 AM »
>"Well, here's hoping not. There's a big difference between being a punk and an actual criminal. Even after last night, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Tell Chen I won't hold it against them if they don't try anything stupid like that again."

>"Anyway, I think we'd best be off, now. Probably still have a busy night ahead of me. Nice talking to you, again, and all the best."
>Wave goodbye

>Head away from the playground

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:53 AM »
>"Well, here's hoping not. There's a big difference between being a punk and an actual criminal. Even after last night, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Tell Chen I won't hold it against them if they don't try anything stupid like that again."

>"Anyway, I think we'd best be off, now. Probably still have a busy night ahead of me. Nice talking to you, again, and all the best."
>Wave goodbye

>Head away from the playground

>"Oh, it's my pleasure, I assure you," says Yukari. "One gets bored so easily sometimes."
>You depart, waving; which she returns. "Have a good evening," Parsee says. Then she looks to you. "Who was that, anyways? She seems kinda weird."

>_