Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78523 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: July 01, 2010, 07:57:45 PM »
>"Thanks a bunch. I, uh, don't suppose you also have the time? A friend of ours insisted we come have a look at what this theater group was putting on this evening. Says they're hilarious. You ever seen them? I don't come around here that often."

>Reisen checks her watch, and speaking with an accent that tells you she hails from somewhere in America, she says, "It's a little after 8:30."
>"Oh, they can be funny when they get on a roll," says the silver-haired woman. "But other times, they can just drag on. But I suppose it's like that when you work off the top of your head."

>_

« Reply #391 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
>"Yeah, I imagine. Improv takes a lot of talent. Heh, and a total lack of self-consciousness. I've thought it might be fun to try it some day, but I don't think I'd be much good at it."
>Can we still not see read anything on that card off her belt?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #392 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
>"Yeah, I imagine. Improv takes a lot of talent. Heh, and a total lack of self-consciousness. I've thought it might be fun to try it some day, but I don't think I'd be much good at it."
>Can we still not see read anything on that card off her belt?

>"I imagine stage fright would be the hardest part," says the silver-haired woman.
>You can't see the card very well, it's dangling off her hip, and she's not really at an angle to present it.

>_

« Reply #393 on: July 01, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »
>"Yeah, probably. You ever done any acting?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
>"Yeah, probably. You ever done any acting?"

>"I'm afraid not," says the silver-haired woman. "But Reisen here has been in a few school plays, if I recall properly."
>"I was a bush." says Reisen, "That hardly counts."

>_

« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »
>"A bush?"
>Laugh
>"Was it a talking bush? Or did they just need some poor person to push around the props?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »
>"A bush?"
>Laugh
>"Was it a talking bush? Or did they just need some poor person to push around the props?"

>"Just wearing a leaf suit and moving around," says Reisen. "It's kind of embarassing, really." She gives her companion a brief look; to which the silver-haired woman just replied with smile and shifting her grip on Reisen's hand.

>_

« Reply #397 on: July 01, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
>"Heh, sorry for rambling on like that. I'm a bit of a scatterbrain. I'll leave you two alone now. Thanks again."
>Turn to leave, and then stop and turn back to the silver-haired woman, again
>Stargazer said something about her 'power' reminding her of the night sky, so let's take gamble on that
>"Actually, one more quick thing, and forgive me if this sounds weird. But are you involved in astronomy, by any chance?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
>"Heh, sorry for rambling on like that. I'm a bit of a scatterbrain. I'll leave you two alone now. Thanks again."
>Turn to leave, and then stop and turn back to the silver-haired woman, again
>Stargazer said something about her 'power' reminding her of the night sky, so let's take gamble on that
>"Actually, one more quick thing, and forgive me if this sounds weird. But are you involved in astronomy, by any chance?"

>"Well, its fine if you don't mean any harm," says the silver-haired woman. "I hope you can catch the show."
>You start to leave, then stop and turn around and ask another question. "What a curious question," says the silver-haired woman. "No, I'm a surgeon. Whatever made you think I was an astronomer?"

>_

« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »
>"Yeah, I knew it was weird. And, well, to be honest there was just something about you that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I, uh, sort of share a place with a stargazer of sorts. Was wondering if maybe I'd seen you with her once, or something. I'm not much good with names or faces. Not meaning to creep you out or anything, sorry."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
>"Yeah, I knew it was weird. And, well, to be honest there was just something about you that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I, uh, sort of share a place with a stargazer of sorts. Was wondering if maybe I'd seen you with her once, or something. I'm not much good with names or faces. Not meaning to creep you out or anything, sorry."

>"Ah, sorry," says the silver-haired woman. "The only astronomers I've ever knowingly dealt with is one with the US Navy at the base while visiting Reisen."
>"Kinda interesting there's apparently an astronomer that looks like you, though," says Reisen.
>"Oh?" asks the silver-haired woman, "Think you can handle two of me, now?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »
> Mentally tuck away the base info we just learned.  It could be of use.
> "We'll be on our way now.  Thanks for the directions."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »
> Mentally tuck away the base info we just learned.  It could be of use.
> "We'll be on our way now.  Thanks for the directions."

>You do your best to remember what she just said. It would probably be a good idea to write it down, though.
>"You're welcome," says the Silver-Haired woman. "I'm happy to help. Especially since you've just exposed a little bit of Reisen's arrogance."
>"What?" says Reisen, "I was just said it was interesting!"
>"Well, I suppose I'll have to draw your interests back where they belong, won't we?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
> Bid the two farewell.
> Once a good distance away, write down the info regarding the base's astronomer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »
> Bid the two farewell.
> Once a good distance away, write down the info regarding the base's astronomer.

>You leave, then start to write down what you've learned once you're sure they aren't paying attention. "Did you get their names?" Parsee asks. "Um, sorry I didn't help more. I'm not too good at thinking on my feet like that."

>_

« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »
>"Nah, it's ok. Um, I don't think I'm usually quick on my feet, either. But in the last 48 hours I've traded words with a stalker, people I thought hired that stalker, a ghost, a professor who might be preparing to kidnap me, and a biker gang, twice. And I'm sure I'm missing someone. I think I may be developing a thick skin...."

>"And I got purple hair's name. Reisen U. Inaba. Was on her nametag. That and that the fact that she's military ought to be enough to track something on her, although I'm sure anything we find will probably be mundane and useless. Worth looking, anyway. Didn't get the other's name. Was hoping it would come up in conversation. She had something that might have been a nametag on her belt, but I couldn't see it where she was sitting."
>"The fact that silver hair said she visits Reisen on the base suggests she doesn't work there herself. So, a non-military surgeon. I'm sure there's a bunch of surgeons around here, but there can't be THAT many. Might be possible to track down her name."

>"Remember, we don't even know that THEY know that there's anything odd about themselves. Silver hair MIGHT. Stargazer can't seem to decide on whether she was sealed or not. Whatever that even means. And if they don't know, I'm not sure what kind of info we could possibly find. I guess that's yet ANOTHER thing on the list of 'stuff that's weird but we don't know how or why or what we can do about it.'"

>Ask Stargazer if she noticed anything additional about the two while we were talking

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:15 PM »
>"Nah, it's ok. Um, I don't think I'm usually quick on my feet, either. But in the last 48 hours I've traded words with a stalker, people I thought hired that stalker, a ghost, a professor who might be preparing to kidnap me, and a biker gang, twice. And I'm sure I'm missing someone. I think I may be developing a thick skin...."

>"And I got purple hair's name. Reisen U. Inaba. Was on her nametag. That and that the fact that she's military ought to be enough to track something on her, although I'm sure anything we find will probably be mundane and useless. Worth looking, anyway. Didn't get the other's name. Was hoping it would come up in conversation. She had something that might have been a nametag on her belt, but I couldn't see it where she was sitting."
>"The fact that silver hair said she visits Reisen on the base suggests she doesn't work there herself. So, a non-military surgeon. I'm sure there's a bunch of surgeons around here, but there can't be THAT many. Might be possible to track down her name."

>"Remember, we don't even know that THEY know that there's anything odd about themselves. Silver hair MIGHT. Stargazer can't seem to decide on whether she was sealed or not. Whatever that even means. And if they don't know, I'm not sure what kind of info we could possibly find. I guess that's yet ANOTHER thing on the list of 'stuff that's weird but we don't know how or why or what we can do about it.'"

>Ask Stargazer if she noticed anything additional about the two while we were talking

>"It was Eirin Yago-something" says Parsee. "I got a look at her card. And, if recall correctly, I think Reisen is the military liaison."
>She ponders for a moment. "They might not know, but it does seem weird that military people would set Stargazer off like that. But they did seem pretty normal."
>You ask Stargazer if she's found more. You sense that she's certain that Eirin's power isn't sealed, just passive. As well, she's pretty sure neither of them suspect the world is wrong. She seems to feel they are exceptional oddities, but doesn't seem to consider them valuable."

>_

« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »
>Ask Stargazer if there IS something she considers 'valuable' in that sense, that she's seen

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »
>Ask Stargazer if there IS something she considers 'valuable' in that sense, that she's seen

>You pose the question of what is valuable to her.
>You feel she considers you valuable. But, past that, she doesn't seem to have found anything. She feels a bit guilty about that.

>_

« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »
>"Well, we'll just have to keep looking, then."

>Continue walking to parts of the park we haven't been (without doubling back on the section where Eirin and Reisen were)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
>"Well, we'll just have to keep looking, then."

>Continue walking to parts of the park we haven't been (without doubling back on the section where Eirin and Reisen were)

>Parsee nods.
>There's actually quite a good deal of woods. You aren't sure you'd be able to cover everything before needing to go to bed. Do you have any plan for covering it, or will you just wander. Aside from that, the only place you really haven't looked is the playground and picnic tables nearby, or scoured the amphitheater itself.

>_

« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »
>Go take a look at the playground area

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:34 PM »
>Go take a look at the playground area

>You leave the woods, and go have a look around the playground area.
>It is the playground you remember well. Swings, monkey bars, a merry go round, slides, teeter totters, pogo rides, a sizable sandbox. There's all sorts of things here for kids to have fun with, and as such, all sorts of kids running around. Nearby, you can see the parents who haven't joined in themselves sitting on benches and watching over things; or trying to read, talking on their cell phones, and so on. You notice Yukari is among them, though she doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.

>_

« Reply #413 on: July 02, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
>Is Yukari more or less sitting on her own?
 >If so, go over and wave to her
 >"Hey, there. Fancy meeting you here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #414 on: July 02, 2010, 12:37:45 AM »
>Is Yukari more or less sitting on her own?
 >If so, go over and wave to her
 >"Hey, there. Fancy meeting you here."

>Yukari does seem to be on her own. You walk over, wave, and greet her. "Ah, hello there, Utsuho," she says. "You seem to be a little less busy than before; one wonders what you were up to in the the forest. And, who is your friend?"
>"Hi, I'm Parsee," says your companion.
>"And I am Yukari," says the older woman in turn. "I made your friend's acquaintance yesterday. Please, have a seat."

>_

« Reply #415 on: July 02, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm mostly just out for a walk at the moment."
>"I don't suppose you're here minding one of the kids over there?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #416 on: July 02, 2010, 12:48:51 AM »
> Take the offered seat.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #417 on: July 02, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm mostly just out for a walk at the moment."
>"I don't suppose you're here minding one of the kids over there?"
> Take the offered seat.

>"Ah," says Yukari, as you sit down beside her.  Parsee sits beside you. "It's good to be out and about sometimes."
>"Yes, my neighbor's little girl, to be precise," she says. She points toward a young blonde girl with a red ribbon tied to her hair, running around with a Frankenstein's Monster doll in hand. "So, I think, it's my job to spoil her. But I do have a question, now. Was it you that had a run in with my Chen yesterday?"

>_

« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2010, 01:01:30 AM »
>"Um, I don't think so... at least the name doesn't ring a bell. What happened? And, uh, why would you think that I had?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2010, 01:07:37 AM »
> "Not unless she was in that trio of high schoolers in the alley."