Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78532 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
>"Oh, agree it's ominous. But saying that 'there's something ominous about the research facility, but we don't know what it is' is hardly new information out there."
>"And I have a more practical objection to posting this immediately. Don't you think it might look a tad suspicious for all of this to go up a couple hours after someone bends the rules to give new faces a look around the place?"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
> "What gives them less rights than an individual human being? I mean, why does it need to go up exactly? Aren't we sort of violating their trust by giving away all this information? After all, this is probably exactly why Yumemi was reluctant to let you in to begin with. "

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »
>"Oh, agree it's ominous. But saying that 'there's something ominous about the research facility, but we don't know what it is' is hardly new information out there."
>"And I have a more practical objection to posting this immediately. Don't you think it might look a tad suspicious for all of this to go up a couple hours after someone bends the rules to give new faces a look around the place?"

>"Oh, I intend to share a lot more than that, I assure you." says Parsee. "The layouts, the contents, everything I can."
>"That's a point, I should wait a little bit. But I'm at least going to make a draft beforehand."

> "What gives them less rights than an individual human being? I mean, why does it need to go up exactly? Aren't we sort of violating their trust by giving away all this information? After all, this is probably exactly why Yumemi was reluctant to let you in to begin with. "

>"They violate our trust by working in the shadows, when its the products of our society that allows the Institute to even exist to begin with. I am simply taking steps toward righting that balance."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »
> "Perhaps they work in the shadows because they don't trust those around them either? As far as we know, there is something that if it was common knowledge, could be abused or simply dangerous until they finish the research, and for that reason, the fewer that know about it, the less likely something will go wrong. It's not as simple as simply what is being done, but also the reasons for it. And when we don't know those, what can we say? There are many sides to it. But if you still believe that this is the best choice, I won't stop you..."

« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
>"Hmmm... reciprocity of trust, and the balance of society.... You know what? I think you may actually be something of an idealist. That... kind of surprises me, a little."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2010, 09:57:27 PM »
> "Perhaps they work in the shadows because they don't trust those around them either? As far as we know, there is something that if it was common knowledge, could be abused or simply dangerous until they finish the research, and for that reason, the fewer that know about it, the less likely something will go wrong. It's not as simple as simply what is being done, but also the reasons for it. And when we don't know those, what can we say? There are many sides to it. But if you still believe that this is the best choice, I won't stop you..."

>"Which suggests they're up to no good. If it were merely dangerous, they could just say so. Instead, they set themselves up on a pedestal and deny us our rights to know simply because they say so. I'll be going through with it, no question about it."

>"Hmmm... reciprocity of trust, and the balance of society.... You know what? I think you may actually be something of an idealist. That... kind of surprises me, a little."

>"Most people in conspiracy people are," she says. Is she blushing a bit?

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »
> "Actually, it suggests that they're making something that has the potential to be used by someone who's up to no good. Whether they're the ones that would use it or such is a separate issue that I'm not sure there is enough information for a conclusion on. If they simply say that though, they're practically inviting the kinds of people who would use it how they fear to try and come sneaking around and take it for themselves."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »
> "Actually, it suggests that they're making something that has the potential to be used by someone who's up to no good. Whether they're the ones that would use it or such is a separate issue that I'm not sure there is enough information for a conclusion on. If they simply say that though, they're practically inviting the kinds of people who would use it how they fear to try and come sneaking around and take it for themselves."

>"If what they're working on is so dangerous and abusable, that suggests it shouldn't be worked on to begin with. And to be honest? What are people even going to do with most of their findings? Just because someone knows how to make a dangerous thing doesn't mean that they can. There's no reason to hide it; and the fact they are suggests they're up to no good. In particular, I'd bet that no good is related to you."

>_

« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
>"Well, I just wish we learned something more. It's frustrating to be this close to something that might really, really be important, and still come away knowing nothing at all about it. Heh, although I suppose you're no stranger to that general situation yourself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #339 on: June 29, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
>"Well, I just wish we learned something more. It's frustrating to be this close to something that might really, really be important, and still come away knowing nothing at all about it. Heh, although I suppose you're no stranger to that general situation yourself."

>"Oh, exactly. But I guess that just means we're gonna have to break in," says Parsee.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
> "Well...  I will point out that there are things that can be used for both good and evil. The problem may be that when such things get leaked, they more often than not are used for their more destructive applications, sadly. So they could also be looking for countermeasures to different possibilities as well. Though as for your last It did feel kind of like there might be something important in there... Though as for your last point, that is true. It is a definite possibility, and I did have sort of a... Feeling that there was something important in there. Not really sure how to describe it...

« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
>"Heh, break in. That seems rather... easier said than done, with all those layers of security."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:34 AM »
> "Well...  I will point out that there are things that can be used for both good and evil. The problem may be that when such things get leaked, they more often than not are used for their more destructive applications, sadly. So they could also be looking for countermeasures to different possibilities as well. Though as for your last It did feel kind of like there might be something important in there... Though as for your last point, that is true. It is a definite possibility, and I did have sort of a... Feeling that there was something important in there. Not really sure how to describe it...

>"Heh, break in. That seems rather... easier said than done, with all those layers of security."

>"Well, there's the front gates," she says, apparently content to ignore the rest of what you said. "hen the front area. after that we'd need to do something about the cameras. Then...get through the carded doors." She sighs.

>_

« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »
>"Well, an ID card with the appropriate access level would probably solve most of those problems. I assume a facility that large can't have EVERYONE on a first-name basis, so we mightn't get challenged just because someone didn't recognize us. Unless it was the guards who just saw us today, of course. But I assume the IDs probably have photos on them, or something, for the guard stations. Not that 'just' needing someone's ID necessarily helps us much. Most of the people who work there don't even have that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2010, 05:28:18 AM »
>"Well, an ID card with the appropriate access level would probably solve most of those problems. I assume a facility that large can't have EVERYONE on a first-name basis, so we mightn't get challenged just because someone didn't recognize us. Unless it was the guards who just saw us today, of course. But I assume the IDs probably have photos on them, or something, for the guard stations. Not that 'just' needing someone's ID necessarily helps us much. Most of the people who work there don't even have that."

>"We're gonna need help," she says, writing away.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
> "And where are we going to get this help then? I'm pretty sure that the bikers aren't going to be any good on any sort of stealth mission. Though maybe Nitori, IF I can convince her... I'd probably have to get Stargazer to show herself in that case though..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »
>I have no idea how to word it well (trust me, I tried), but Ace could likely be helpful for getting information about this place. Whether it's information about something that could help with breaking in, or just about what's in there, at least asking would probably be worth it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:05 AM »
> "And where are we going to get this help then? I'm pretty sure that the bikers aren't going to be any good on any sort of stealth mission. Though maybe Nitori, IF I can convince her... I'd probably have to get Stargazer to show herself in that case though..."

>She nods. "I...haven't thought that far ahead yet, to be honest."

>I have no idea how to word it well (trust me, I tried), but Ace could likely be helpful for getting information about this place. Whether it's information about something that could help with breaking in, or just about what's in there, at least asking would probably be worth it.

>It might be worthwhile to petition her. She seems to have at least some knowhow.

>_

« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
>"Yeah, well, we'll have a little while to mull it over, I figure. Maybe something brilliant will occur to us. Who knows? There has to be some way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
>"Yeah, well, we'll have a little while to mull it over, I figure. Maybe something brilliant will occur to us. Who knows? There has to be some way."

>She nods, as the pace of her writing begins to slow down. "We will. But, in the meantime, what are we doing next?"

>_

« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »
>"Hmm... well, there's that ghost-watching later tonight, but that's not for a while. Mightn't hurt to check for anything new from Ace, and maybe ask her if she has any ideas about getting back into that place. "
>"As for the other big place of mystery here, I had thought that shrine maiden might be a point of contact for the military base. But Stargazer is terrified of the shrine, and until I know why, I'm sort of reluctant to go back there."
>"I don't suppose you have any ideas?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
>"Hmm... well, there's that ghost-watching later tonight, but that's not for a while. Mightn't hurt to check for anything new from Ace, and maybe ask her if she has any ideas about getting back into that place. "
>"As for the other big place of mystery here, I had thought that shrine maiden might be a point of contact for the military base. But Stargazer is terrified of the shrine, and until I know why, I'm sort of reluctant to go back there."
>"I don't suppose you have any ideas?"

>"Yeah, I'd definitely think about contacting Ace sooner rather than later," says Parsee. "And, she doesn't like the Moriya Shrine? Have you tried any of the other ones?"

>_

« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
>"Well, I dropped by the one in the forest earlier today, but Reimu wasn't home. Stargazer seemed a little uncomfortable there, but nothing like at the Moriya shrine. I suppose I never went back to the Myouren temple afterwards."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
> "If we still have time, we can also try a sweep for anything supernatural in the museum.  I tried earlier yesterday but that was before I became a walking anomaly magnet."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
>"Well, I dropped by the one in the forest earlier today, but Reimu wasn't home. Stargazer seemed a little uncomfortable there, but nothing like at the Moriya shrine. I suppose I never went back to the Myouren temple afterwards."

>Parsee nods. "So far, then, it seems she doesn't like shrines."

> "If we still have time, we can also try a sweep for anything supernatural in the museum.  I tried earlier yesterday but that was before I became a walking anomaly magnet."

>"They closed about an hour ago," says Parsee. "Maybe tomorrow?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »
> "Yeah.  I would like to visit the place eventually just to make sure."
> Time.

« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
>"Yes, but I wonder what it is about shrines that she doesn't like. You'd think peaceful spirits and shrines would almost be a natural fit."
>"Yeah, it's probably worth looking into tomorrow. I never ended up looking at the exhibit that was supposedly haunted since it had an entrance fee... I'll have to do that this time."

>Is there any major region of the island that we haven't been to since the day before yesterday?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »
> "Yeah.  I would like to visit the place eventually just to make sure."
> Time.

>"Yeah, I don't blame you for that," says Parsee.
>It's a little after 8 o'clock.

>"Yes, but I wonder what it is about shrines that she doesn't like. You'd think peaceful spirits and shrines would almost be a natural fit."
>"Yeah, it's probably worth looking into tomorrow. I never ended up looking at the exhibit that was supposedly haunted since it had an entrance fee... I'll have to do that this time."

>Is there any major region of the island that we haven't been to since the day before yesterday?

>"You'd have to ask her, I guess," says Parsee. "Or someone who knows about metaphysical stuff like this.
>She nods as you talk about visiting the exhibit.
>You've not visited the Park or the Airport yet. And you've only poked around the Harbor and Military Base area a little bit.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
> Do we have work tomorrow?
> Try to put some time aside to visit the park if we do.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2010, 08:19:47 PM »
> Do we have work tomorrow?
> Try to put some time aside to visit the park if we do.

>You do. A full day from nine to five.
>You could probably get there pretty easily after work, if you didn't wish to go now.

>_