Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78450 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
(I actually consider having Parsee along a GOOD thing. If they want to do something to us, an ally could be useful. (And she most likely still has her stun gun on her) And how do you suggest we BE better prepared on some other night, out of curiosity?)

(Is it a good thing if she gets captured along with us before we at least tell her our suspicions? I wouldn't be adverse to her coming along either, but I don't want to simply drag her in just yet. As for being better prepared... Let's see, we might be able to get a stun gun of our own, we might be able to formulate a plan for if something goes wrong... )

« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »
(I doubt we need to tell someone as paranoid as her of our suspicions. I'm sure she has more than enough of her own, already. Heck, we already talked about some of that on the bus, anyway. We came here knowing that there was a risk of bad stuff happening. And I'm not sure we'll be able to prepare any better than we already are; I figure it's hard to plan for things we don't know any details about. I think we'd have to wing it, in either case. But I'm not sure we'll convince each other, at this rate ^^;)

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:18 AM »
>(TIEBREAKER VOTE: I say we go on, but try to tell Parsee of what we overheard if there's a good chance. If we need to make that chance, excuse ourselves and Parsee to talk about "what we may have eaten.")

>Go ahead and do the above.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:47:26 AM by Jana Coppola »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
>After some internal debate, you decide to go through with it.
>"Ah, it is as I elegantly deduced," says Professor Okazaki with a grin. "Not even sickness can keep one such a you away from the allure of knowledge. Such a beautiful thing!"
>"Maybe it was the alfredo sauce?" Parsee says, frowning.
>"Come, come, let's head inside before the gate jams," says the Professor.

>_

« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
>Try to give Parsee a reassuring look
>Follow along

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
>Try to give Parsee a reassuring look
>Follow along

>You give Parsee a glance and a reassuring smile, then follow along.
>Parsee takes your arm again. Oh right, staying in character...
>You walk down a long road toward the Institute itself. The grounds are well maintained, and otherwise perfectly boring. "So," says the Professor, "How long have you known Professor Kawashiro, Miss Utsuho?"

>_

« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2010, 01:21:47 AM »
>Did we KNOW that Nitori was a professor?
>For that matter, how long HAVE we known her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »
>Did we KNOW that Nitori was a professor?
>For that matter, how long HAVE we known her?
(And then winamp plays Candid Friend.)

>No, this is a first.
>Nearly two years now.

>_

« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2010, 01:31:31 AM »
>"Um, professor? Really? Been working at her place for something close to two years now and I had no idea. Professor is a pretty good gig to move on from."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
>"Um, professor? Really? Been working at her place for something close to two years now and I had no idea. Professor is a pretty good gig to move on from."

>"She didn't tell you?" says the professor, laughing. "Oh Nitori, how silly you can be!"
>After a moment of getting the the laughter out of her system, she says, "Nitori used to be my colleague, some years ago. She choose to leave, though, and seems she's done an exquisite job of her nondisclosure."

>_

« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:03 AM »
>"Frankly... she almost doesn't seem the professor type. I would have thought a university atmosphere would kind of get on her nerves after a while. Not hands-on enough for her. But maybe that's just me. Why'd she leave, do you know?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »
>"Frankly... she almost doesn't seem the professor type. I would have thought a university atmosphere would kind of get on her nerves after a while. Not hands-on enough for her. But maybe that's just me. Why'd she leave, do you know?"

>"You'll have to ask her that," says Professor Okazaki, "Though in my opinion, she just couldn't get over herself. And you're right, she despised her classes, always taking the minimum amount she could, before leaving it entirely for more direct sorts of work. But for this world to run elegantly, I suppose it takes all types. "

>_

« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
>"She's a great boss, though. Knows her stuff, easy to get along with. It's a good job, and I'm glad to have it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2010, 02:20:15 AM »
>"She's a great boss, though. Knows her stuff, easy to get along with. It's a good job, and I'm glad to have it."

>"Oh, I have no doubt," says the Professor. "When she's not worked herself into a snit, she can be very pleasant."
>You approach the front doors of the Institute, a rather bland sort of office front with glass doors and the like.  "You'll have to leave your purses and such at the front desk," she says.
>"Wait, what?" says Parsee.

>_

« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »
>"Well, they certainly run a tight ship around here. What, are they worried we'll accidentally buy something out of the vending machine?"

>I guess that includes backpacks, and such, so hand it over to the front desk
>If our cell phone is not in some sort of container like we were asked to hand over, leave it where it is. Otherwise, try to discretely take it out and slip it into a pocket or something. Possibly while Okazaki's distracted by Parsee's indignation

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2010, 02:42:16 AM »
>"Well, they certainly run a tight ship around here. What, are they worried we'll accidentally buy something out of the vending machine?"

>I guess that includes backpacks, and such, so hand it over to the front desk
>If our cell phone is not in some sort of container like we were asked to hand over, leave it where it is. Otherwise, try to discretely take it out and slip it into a pocket or something. Possibly while Okazaki's distracted by Parsee's indignation

>"You can keep a debit card, of course." she says as she walks in, ignoring Parsee.
>You entire a plain and sterile lobby. There is a desk not far away, while the hall further has a couple of metal detectors. The professor approaches the desk and hands over her own purse.
>You cellphone is in your pocket, but you will have to get it past the metal detector.
>"I don't want some strangers going through my stuff!" Parsee continues.

>_

« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »
>"Well, I don't imagine they're supposed to rifle through it. Isn't the point of handing everything over outside the secured area to prevent them having to go searching through everyone's stuff?"
>Lean over and whisper: "I understand how you feel, but we don't have a lot of choice, here."

>Keep the cell phone, unless someone protests
>May as well take our debit card out and with us, since we can
>Otherwise, hand over purse, etc.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »
>"Well, I don't imagine they're supposed to rifle through it. Isn't the point of handing everything over outside the secured area to prevent them having to go searching through everyone's stuff?"
>Lean over and whisper: "I understand how you feel, but we don't have a lot of choice, here."

>Keep the cell phone, unless someone protests
>May as well take our debit card out and with us, since we can
>Otherwise, hand over purse, etc.

>You offer Parsee your support. "Yeah, I guess..." she mumbles. "I swear to god, if they go through my stuff..."
>You take out your debit card, money, keys, and ID, and leave the rest at the counter. The woman working there takes your things, and places them in a large plastic bag, seals it, and gives you a tag with the number 890 on it, which she places on the bag.
>You approach the detector, where a bored-looking security guard looks you over. "Empty your pockets, please, then step through."
>Considering this a protest, you take out the cellphone and put it in the on the table beside the detector.  "You'll have to leave this with your stuff," the guard says. "Sorry, Institute policy for visitors."
>The phone is taken and placed on top of your bag.
>Parsee follows you through, grumbling and clutching her claim tag tightly.

>_

>_

« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2010, 03:14:20 AM »
>To Okazaki: "Well, now that that's over with, where are we headed first?"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2010, 03:21:57 AM »
> Try to look for an opportunity to talk with Parsee without risking being overheard

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:38 AM »
>To Okazaki: "Well, now that that's over with, where are we headed first?"

>"Mmmm," says the Professor, "Perhaps the SEM?"

> Try to look for an opportunity to talk with Parsee without risking being overheard

>You do notice some bathrooms just past the metal detectors.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:16 AM »
> Whisper to Parsee
> "Follow my lead."

>Look to Yumemi and say "Um, actually... It's been a while since I went to the bathroom. Do you mind if I...?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2010, 03:38:46 AM »
> Whisper to Parsee
> "Follow my lead."

>Look to Yumemi and say "Um, actually... It's been a while since I went to the bathroom. Do you mind if I...?"

>"Yes, yes," says the Professor. "Go and clean out the taste from your mouth as well."
>"I'll go, too," says Parsee, "Just to save time."
>The two of you head into the bathroom. It is pleasingly mundane in layout. "So," says Parsee, "You weren't actually sick, right?"

>_
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:02:54 AM by Purvisen Silver »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2010, 03:40:25 AM »
> "Not really. I just wish I had the chance to mention it before they took away your stun gun..."
> Explain what we overheard.

« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2010, 03:40:47 AM »
>"Was it that obvious?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2010, 04:08:54 AM »
>"Was it that obvious?"

>"Well, the sounds from the alley were kinda weird. But I'm sort of used to throwing up noises, given where I live and all..."

> "Not really. I just wish I had the chance to mention it before they took away your stun gun..."
> Explain what we overheard.

>"Yeah, that's kinda annoying. Oh well, the guards here have guns, so I don't think I'll get that much use out of it."
>You explain what you over heard. "That's...omnious," says Parsee. "Um...crap. Now what?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2010, 04:14:06 AM »
> "Well... If we're the ones they're planning on capturing, then we're probably in more danger the deeper in we go. On the other hand, our chances of finding out what's going on in here are gonna be really close to zero if we just run. And the odds of escaping at this point don't seem that high anyway if that's the case...  What do you think?"

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2010, 04:15:38 AM »
>"Well, we don't know for sure who or what this 'capturing' business referred to. You know, words out of context, and all. If I wasn't so jumpy about this place, I mightn't have even paid attention to it. And, I mean, people know we're here. Nitori even knows the time and place and person. If I didn't show up for work at 9 tomorrow, I'm sure it might raise some flag. Hopefully. And there's already enough guards between us and the exit at this point that if they DID want to keep us here, well..."
>"I think we should just go on the tour and hope that's all they're planning on giving us. Just keep your eyes open. Even moreso than usual."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2010, 04:32:10 AM »
> "Well... If we're the ones they're planning on capturing, then we're probably in more danger the deeper in we go. On the other hand, our chances of finding out what's going on in here are gonna be really close to zero if we just run. And the odds of escaping at this point don't seem that high anyway if that's the case...  What do you think?"

>"We...um...might be boned," says Parsee, looking a bit pale.

>"Well, we don't know for sure who or what this 'capturing' business referred to. You know, words out of context, and all. If I wasn't so jumpy about this place, I mightn't have even paid attention to it. And, I mean, people know we're here. Nitori even knows the time and place and person. If I didn't show up for work at 9 tomorrow, I'm sure it might raise some flag. Hopefully. And there's already enough guards between us and the exit at this point that if they DID want to keep us here, well..."
>"I think we should just go on the tour and hope that's all they're planning on giving us. Just keep your eyes open. Even moreso than usual."

>"Okay, right," says Parsee. "Let's just do what we can. I'll be sure to give you a poke if I see anything."

>_

« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2010, 04:41:04 AM »
>Splash a little water on our face
>"Well, let's go out and face the music. I wonder what neat stuff they've got tucked away in this place, anyway?"
>Leave the washroom