Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78631 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
>Try not to look as off-base as that remark probably put us
>"Well, um, er.... wait, 'Zvarri'?"

>You probably have a look on your face, regardless. You wonder if this is how Stargazer feels most of the time?
>She laughs. "The truth has been elegantly unveiled once again! Now this, Miss Utsuho, let us bid goodbye to your dear paramour, and be on our way?"

>_

« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
>Put your arm around Parsee's. May as well match ham with ham.
>"I'm afraid we're actually kind of inseparable. I really was hoping she could come along. She won't cause a fuss or anything, I promise."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:33 PM »
>Put your arm around Parsee's. May as well match ham with ham.
>"I'm afraid we're actually kind of inseparable. I really was hoping she could come along. She won't cause a fuss or anything, I promise."

>You decide to play along, and put your arm around Parsee's, and try to plead her case.
>The professor laughs again, and shakes her head. "Impossible, impossible. You touch my heart so, but it is simply impossible."

>_

« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2010, 10:02:19 PM »
>"Awww... are the regulations that strict? The place can't be that under wraps, can it? She's a university student, too, for what it's worth."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »
>"Awww... are the regulations that strict? The place can't be that under wraps, can it? She's a university student, too, for what it's worth."

>Parsee, who is beginning to blush a little, nods in agreement.
>"Ah, if only it were so simple," says Professor Okazaki, shaking her head. "To bring one guest that is a prospective student, this is nothing but a trifle! But to bring two guests, one without an introduction? It becomes a little difficult. I could be dismissed, if someone were to raise questions!"

>_

« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
>"If anyone asks any questions, just say that I was a hopelessly sappy romantic and you felt sorry for me. Besides, she was really curious about your research. She was the one who pointed you out in the crowd."
>"But I don't want to get you into any trouble, so if that's just the way the regulations are, I guess there's not much that can be done."

>Assuming Okazaki doesn't interject with anything:
 >Turn and give Parsee a hug, and use the chance to whisper in her ear: "Sorry, I tried. Wish me luck."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »
>"If anyone asks any questions, just say that I was a hopelessly sappy romantic and you felt sorry for me. Besides, she was really curious about your research. She was the one who pointed you out in the crowd."
>"But I don't want to get you into any trouble, so if that's just the way the regulations are, I guess there's not much that can be done."

>Assuming Okazaki doesn't interject with anything:
 >Turn and give Parsee a hug, and use the chance to whisper in her ear: "Sorry, I tried. Wish me luck."

>She chuckles again. "Well, let's see what we can arrange. It wouldn't do for a a student to have heartbreak during her moment of wonder, would it? We'll see what can be done. But I do hope you won't expect to cling to her during my class!"
>She looks to Parsee, "You, paramour, tell me your major."
>"E-engineering," Parsee says,  shrinking a bit more closely to you.
>"Oh you must not be so timid," says the professor, as she motions for the two of you to follow.

>_

>_

« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »
>Follow along
>Tell Stargazer that now would probably be a good time to hide herself, like she did earlier today

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2010, 11:31:58 PM »
>Follow along
>Tell Stargazer that now would probably be a good time to hide herself, like she did earlier today

>How do you intend to transmit this message?

>_

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
>Didn't we do it non-verbally the first time?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2010, 11:44:20 PM »
>Didn't we do it non-verbally the first time?

>You have been speaking to her the whole time. But she doesn't seem to understand spoken language, so there may well be another component to it. Being unseen, though, your awareness of her is very distant; all you can tell is that she's there.

>_

« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »
>Try to convey our message for her to disappear mentally. Focus on the idea. Say it in our own head, if that helps

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »
>Try to convey our message for her to disappear mentally. Focus on the idea. Say it in our own head, if that helps

>You concentrate as much on the idea as you can, repeating it like a mantra. You get a distance sense of confusion from Stargazer.
>You nearly trip over your own feet while doing this; thankfully your hold on Parsee allows her to keep you from taking a fall.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2010, 10:39:39 PM »
>You have no further success in unconfusing Stargazer, as pass by the dorms and approach the gates of the Research Institute. Parsee is visibly nervous; whether from your hamming it up, approaching a secured facility, or both, you cannot tell.
>Professor Okazaki approaches the gate guard and speaks with him quietly. You think you may be able to make out what they are saying.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »
> Try to listen in

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:12 PM »
> Try to listen in

>You try to listen in, and can make out bits of the conversation.
>"So the director isn't-"  says the Professor. You can't make out the guard's reply, but he shakes his head. "Then I'll be-" says the Professor, though you can't make out some of it, "with the both of them. After all-" and you are unable to make out the rest, though you hear something about capture, you're very sure.
>The guard gives the two of you a look, and replies with something mostly unintelligible, but you make out,  "-could be a problem," at the end.
>The professor laughs. "Oh come now, have I not elegantly-" you aren't sure what she's saying now. You think you catch her saying something "alert", though. >After that, Professor Okazaki turns toward the two of you. "It's has been exquisitely cleared away," she says, grinning as the gate lifts, "Let's hurry in now."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
> ...That can't be good.
> Clutch stomach and groan
> "Urrgh... I'm sorry, I think this... aagh... May have to wait... I think it must be something I ate earlier, I-"
> Make a cry of pain as if feeling a sudden stab of pain
> "I-I'm sorry!"
> Try to shoot a look to Parsee as we run out of sight

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
> ...That can't be good.
> Clutch stomach and groan
> "Urrgh... I'm sorry, I think this... aagh... May have to wait... I think it must be something I ate earlier, I-"
> Make a cry of pain as if feeling a sudden stab of pain
> "I-I'm sorry!"
> Try to shoot a look to Parsee as we run out of sight

>"What the hell!?" Parsee exclaims as you flee. "You okay!?"
>"Throw up in the alley!" says the Professor in a helpful tone.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
> Go to said alley, but not deep, just barely go out of sight.
> Try and pretend to be violently throwing up

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
> Go to said alley, but not deep, just barely go out of sight.
> Try and pretend to be violently throwing up

>You do this, slipping between two dorm houses. It is rather filthy here!
>You make some throwing up noises. Hopefully they sound convincing.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »
> Leave the alley, pretending to be wiping stuff away from our mouth.
> Head back over to where Yumemi and Parsee are

« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »
>If we're reasonably out of earshot, try asking Stargazer to hide herself

(And, out of curiosity, what what the purpose of that, if you're just going to walk back without doing anything? ^^;)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2010, 11:44:43 PM »
(I was planning on telling her that it was going to wait until another time since we still weren't feeling well. We're not going to just leave Parsee, are we?)

« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2010, 11:46:23 PM »
(I'm not convinced they were referring to US with the capture bit. And even if they were, that means they already are out to get us somehow. How would returning later be safer?)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »
(I said we'd TELL her we would, not that we ACTUALLY would. This at least gives us more time to figure out what to do next, and a better opportunity to talk with Parsee without any risk of being overheard.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »
>If we're reasonably out of earshot, try asking Stargazer to hide herself

>Stargazer does appear, emitting confusion as always, as well as a direct inquisitive feeling; she wants to know what you're doing.
>You are able to ask her to hide herself. She is still confused, but does so. Within a couple moments, there is no sign of her but a sort of awareness she exists within you that you can easily put out of mind.

> Leave the alley, pretending to be wiping stuff away from our mouth.
> Head back over to where Yumemi and Parsee are

>You return to them, Parsee looking at you, terribly confused and the professor seeming mildly concerned. "You are alright, I hope?" she asks.
>"Yeah, did you eat something bad?" Parsee asks.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »
> "I-I'm sorry. I... I'm not feeling well. Maybe I did eat something bad... I don't think it would be a good idea to take the tour today though... I'm sorry. Could we maybe come back some other time?"

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2010, 12:00:39 AM »
(Hmm.... I'm still in favor of forging ahead, but I don't want to directly contravene another player like that >.>  I'd hate for us to just go home and have a boring night after all this, considering there's quite possibly something important on the other side of those gates)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
(We might be able to come back later once we're better prepared. I'd just rather err on the side of caution than get us put in a cage. Especially not if it means dragging Parsee along in there.)

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »
(I actually consider having Parsee along a GOOD thing. If they want to do something to us, an ally could be useful. (And she most likely still has her stun gun on her) And how do you suggest we BE better prepared on some other night, out of curiosity?)