Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78615 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
>"Well, I probably ought to take off now. There's a couple things I need to do before tonight, and I don't want to be late. Here's hoping for good luck for us all tonight."

>Take the bus towards our neighborhood and head for Akyuu's house

>"Let us know if you find anything good," says Renko as you leave, while Maribel waves. Stargazer follows you out, fading from view again. You sense that she isn't too upset with the appearing before the investigators, although she still seems to have rather not.
>You head to the bus stop, and catch a D route bus back to the Skids. The bus is fairly empty, and doesn't fill as it passes through the university district and the airport along the outer part of town. You get off outside Mad Mart, and walk back toward home. Your neighborhood is a busy, as people make their way back home from work and school. You don't see any sign of the three punks from yesterday, but you also haven't approached their alley, having come from a different direction. The crows are scarce right now; you know they're near the restaurant and such right now, waiting to get their share.
>You reach Miss Hieda's home without any problems.

>_

« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
>Knock on the door

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
>Knock on the door

>You knock on the door. After a moment, Miss Hieda opens it. She smiles upon seeing you. "Good afternoon, Utsuho," she says. "Can I do something for you?"

>_

« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
>"I have that document from Tenma that I mentioned to you this morning, here. Sorry that I didn't get a chance to drop it by earlier today. I've been on the go steady since this morning."
>Hand her the document

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
>"I have that document from Tenma that I mentioned to you this morning, here. Sorry that I didn't get a chance to drop it by earlier today. I've been on the go steady since this morning."
>Hand her the document

>You give her the document.
>"No need to apologize," she says. "None at all. I'm just overjoyed you got it dealt with for me. You really didn't have to do that, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Utsuho. I just wish there was something I could do for you in turn."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
> "You don't need to repay me. I'm just trying to help out, like anyone should when they can."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
> "You don't need to repay me. I'm just trying to help out, like anyone should when they can."

>"Still, if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask," says Miss Hieda. "I owe you for taking this burden off my shoulders."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
> "Alright, I'll keep that in mind."
> "...There is still the issue of who would have reported your house though. Nothing really looks wrong with it compared to the others in the area."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2010, 08:30:08 PM »
> "Alright, I'll keep that in mind."
> "...There is still the issue of who would have reported your house though. Nothing really looks wrong with it compared to the others in the area."

>Miss Hieda nods. "I suppose it was one of our less...pleasant neighbors," she says, frowning. "I don't think it would have been anyone else. Not even...um...what we didn't talk about yesterday."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »
> "Any particular... Less pleasant neighbor you're thinking of?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »
> "Any particular... Less pleasant neighbor you're thinking of?"

>She shakes her head. But you do know there's a few of them around who are not so decent to live around.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
> "Well there's always a couple of people like that."
> "If anything regarding the house comes up again let me know okay?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
> "Well there's always a couple of people like that."
> "If anything regarding the house comes up again let me know okay?"

>"You'll be the first to know," says Miss Hieda. "Hopefully, I won't need you to go running around again, if that is the case."

>_

« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »
>"And if there's anything else I can do to help help out, please let me know. You know, even about... whatever it was we didn't talk about yesterday."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
>"And if there's anything else I can do to help help out, please let me know. You know, even about... whatever it was we didn't talk about yesterday."

>"Well...there's really nothing that can be done about that..." says Akyu, frowning a bit. "It's...something of a situation where acting on it will only make it worse for me."

>_

« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2010, 11:38:50 PM »
>"Forgive me if this sounds pushy, but I've often found that acting on a situation is better than not acting, even when things look stacked against you. If one does nothing, things are guaranteed to never improve."
>"But I really don't know what this issue is, so forgive me if I'm out of line. Your business is your own, of course. It's just that, well... you're a good person, Akyuu. And you seem like you're in a bad place. I don't like leaving that kind of thing alone if there's something that can be done. I won't press any more. I just want to say again that if there's anything at all I can do, please let me know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »
>"Forgive me if this sounds pushy, but I've often found that acting on a situation is better than not acting, even when things look stacked against you. If one does nothing, things are guaranteed to never improve."
>"But I really don't know what this issue is, so forgive me if I'm out of line. Your business is your own, of course. It's just that, well... you're a good person, Akyuu. And you seem like you're in a bad place. I don't like leaving that kind of thing alone if there's something that can be done. I won't press any more. I just want to say again that if there's anything at all I can do, please let me know."

>She nods, and looks down for a moment. Then, she steps out of the house and closes the door. In a low voice, she says. "You are not going to tell any of this to another living soul, alright?"

>_

« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2010, 12:00:43 AM »
>"I promise."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »
>"I promise."

>She sighs, and continues to talk in a low voice. "Someone, a group of some kind, have been blackmailing me for years now." She sighs. "You understand, in my position, there are some accusations that would be simply...ruinous. They've told me simply that if I don't pay them so much each month, they'll release some false evidence that I have do such a thing. I know there's more than one of them, so just trying to turn in any one of them would be only get me into trouble myself. There's nothing I can do, except comply with them. Do you understand?"

>_

« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2010, 12:14:02 AM »
>"I... well, I- years? It must be terrible to live like that..."
>"Do you have any idea who these people are? "

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
>"I... well, I- years? It must be terrible to live like that..."
>"Do you have any idea who these people are? "

>"I have no real idea, no," says Miss Hieda. "The few times I've met anyone, they've never mentioned names or what they do. But I think, organized as they are, they are likely Mafiosos of some kind. Please, don't mention anything. They've said, directly, if they hear so much as a hint that anyone knows something like this is happening, they will act. "

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2010, 12:31:59 AM »
> "Oh... Oh, I see. That's... Horrible. Don't worry, I won't tell a soul."
> Secretly resolve to try and figure this out somehow without putting her at risk. This is simply inexcusable.

« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2010, 12:32:19 AM »
>"What makes you think the fabricated evidence they have against you is even credible? Have you seen it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
> "Oh... Oh, I see. That's... Horrible. Don't worry, I won't tell a soul."
> Secretly resolve to try and figure this out somehow without putting her at risk. This is simply inexcusable.

>She nods.
>You resolve to do something about it...

>"What makes you think the fabricated evidence they have against you is even credible? Have you seen it?"

>"They've told me at least one former student is willing to come forward," she says. "So...it's enough I don't want to risk it."

>_

« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »
>"Is this a specific former student? They part of this whole mafia thing, I wonder?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
>"Is this a specific former student? They part of this whole mafia thing, I wonder?"

>"They've not specified who it is, no." says Miss Hieda. "They really don't need to. All it really takes is someone coming forward after the release of evidence, and I would probably be dismissed just because of that even if my name were cleared..."

>_

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
>"Yeah, I understand. Some things... it doesn't take much suspicion for the public to make their minds up."
>"I- I wish that I could help you somehow. This is... Well, you have my profoundest sympathies."
>"I need to get home and get ready to dash across town again. It's been non-stop for me, lately. It almost feels stupid to say this, after just hearing this, but... well, I hope have a good evening. At least better than yesterday's."

>Wave goodbye to Akyuu and head home

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
>"Yeah, I understand. Some things... it doesn't take much suspicion for the public to make their minds up."
>"I- I wish that I could help you somehow. This is... Well, you have my profoundest sympathies."
>"I need to get home and get ready to dash across town again. It's been non-stop for me, lately. It almost feels stupid to say this, after just hearing this, but... well, I hope have a good evening. At least better than yesterday's."

>Wave goodbye to Akyuu and head home

>"Thank you," says Miss Hieda, "But now you see why I don't suspect them. They have nothing to gain from it. And, I wish you a good evening as well."
>You return home. Things inside are quiet, it doesn't seem that Orin has returned home yet; she must be up to things at the University. Stargazer does manifest herself; she seems to be pleased that she recognizes your home, it helps her feel less lost and out of place.

>_

« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »
>"Well, my home is your home. I'm glad you feel a little more comfortable here."

>Grab something to eat
>Check our email

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:54 AM »
>"Well, my home is your home. I'm glad you feel a little more comfortable here."

>Grab something to eat
>Check our email

>You check the fridge, and there's still some brownies from the other day in there. You take one.
>You check your emails, and see two messages non-spam messages! One from 1:24 PM from Ace, a reply to you untitled conversation. The other is from a Chiko (H4rdc0r3k1ll4@gmail) , with the title "kickass Kawasaki on the cheap"

>_