Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78467 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »
> Try asking the Spirit if it has a name again.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »
> Try asking the Spirit if it has a name again.

>You ask her about a name. She seems to understand the concept a little better now, and she expresses what she thinks of herself as: One Who Watches the Lights of Darkened Heaven. Its wordiness seems to arise from her not really having concise terms for a lot of things; you're pretty sure she's not used to words at all. But you are able to easily contract it into Stargazer.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
> WHERE IS YOUR STA-A-A-AR
> IS IT FAR
> IS IT FAR
> IS IT FAAAAAAAR
> "Do you think you could show Renko yourself?  Even if not completely, then maybe just a sign that you're there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
> WHERE IS YOUR STA-A-A-AR
> IS IT FAR
> IS IT FAR
> IS IT FAAAAAAAR
> "Do you think you could show Renko yourself?  Even if not completely, then maybe just a sign that you're there?"

>You ask her about manifesting for the others again. She's hesitant, but she'll do it once, and see what happens, since you seem to trust them so much.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »
> "Excellent, but just a little bit.  All we need to do is prove that you're here, nothing more."
> Head back out to "Marenko"
> "I convinced her to do it a little, but remember that she's really apprehensive.  So please, keep your hands out and don't move."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
> "Excellent, but just a little bit.  All we need to do is prove that you're here, nothing more."
> Head back out to "Marenko"
> "I convinced her to do it a little, but remember that she's really apprehensive.  So please, keep your hands out and don't move."

>She's still full of doubt, but she agrees.
>You head back to the front office, the Forest Spirit fading away in the process. Maribel and Renko look toward you expectantly. "How'd it go?"
>You explain things to them. "So, we can't take a picture?" asks Maribel, frowning.
>"Or do a couple tests, maybe? Just little ones?" Renko says. "Oh! Maybe if the camera just happens to be running when she appears?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
> "...Didn't the camera already see her when she hadn't materialized anyway? And what kind of tests? I don't want to make her too uncomfortable."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
>"And about the tests; she told me you'd just be getting hung up on unimportant stuff. Said it was because you don't have the same sense of wrongness that me and her do."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »
> "Hey, first things first.  All I'm doing is showing that she's still here.  We need to start somewhere and you're lucky to get this much frankly.  It's about respect, even in her case."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2010, 06:19:58 PM »
> "...Didn't the camera already see her when she hadn't materialized anyway? And what kind of tests? I don't want to make her too uncomfortable."

>"Yeah, but she wasn't in our visibility spectrum," says Renko, "So who knows what a camera might pick up. And, well, I've been trying to rig up a camera to take infrared pictures, but I've not really gotten to test it. That's alright, I'm pretty sure it will work. And there's the geiger counter..."

>"And about the tests; she told me you'd just be getting hung up on unimportant stuff. Said it was because you don't have the same sense of wrongness that me and her do."

>"Well she is the extranormal thing," says Renko. "I mean, no offense, but of course people are going to be curious about the person who defies known physics and stuff."
>"We're not going to lose sight," says Maribel, giving Renko a light elbow to the ribs, "Just, she is pretty much much what's "wrong"."

> "Hey, first things first.  All I'm doing is showing that she's still here.  We need to start somewhere and you're lucky to get this much frankly.  It's about respect, even in her case."

>"Oh, well, that makes sense, I suppose," says Maribel.
>After a moment, she gives Renko another nudge in the ribs. "Fine, fine, I won't do anything. Geez..."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
> "She might seem to be what's wrong to you, but to the two of us, it feels like the rest of the world is wrong somehow... I'm the only thing she can find that feels right. There must be some connection..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »
> "She might seem to be what's wrong to you, but to the two of us, it feels like the rest of the world is wrong somehow... I'm the only thing she can find that feels right. There must be some connection..."

>"I guess," says Renko.
>"Anyway," Maribel says, "you can let her know that everything is alright."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2010, 07:06:49 PM »
> Try to tell Stargazer that it's fine. She can show herself now, even if she doesn't want to show all the way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
> Try to tell Stargazer that it's fine. She can show herself now, even if she doesn't want to show all the way.

>You let her know it's alright. You don't see her appear, but you feel her get...closer, less difficult to understand. Judging from how Renko and Maribel's expressions have changed, you suspect she materialized behind you.
>After a moment, Maribel raises her hand and gives a weak wave. "Um, hi..."
>Stargazer, for her part, is very nervous and apprehensive. She gives you the feeling of someone speaking in front of a crowd for the first time.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
> "Stargazer, the one in the dress is Maribel and the one in the black hat is Renko.  They're friendly.  Try and relax."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
> "Stargazer, the one in the dress is Maribel and the one in the black hat is Renko.  They're friendly.  Try and relax."

>Stargazer moves around you, and gets a closer look at them.
>"It's a pleasure to meet you," says Maribel, watching Stargazer with rapt interest
>"We're charmed," Renko says, mirroring Maribel's attention.
>As near as you can tell, you aren't sure if Stargazer understand them at all. She doesn't seem to acknowledge their pleasantries, at least.

>_

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
>"I'm... not sure she can understand your words. She may only be able to understand me at all because of how we're connected."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
>"I'm... not sure she can understand your words. She may only be able to understand me at all because of how we're connected."

>"Oh," says Maribel. "Well, hopefully she understands we don't mean any harm."
>"Do you think she understands gestures?" Renko asks?

>_

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »
>"I... I'm really not sure. I'll try and see if I can translate, somehow."
>Try to communicate to the spirit that Renko and Maribel just greeted it, and are wanting to know if she can understand them

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
>"I... I'm really not sure. I'll try and see if I can translate, somehow."
>Try to communicate to the spirit that Renko and Maribel just greeted it, and are wanting to know if she can understand them

>You talk to Stargazer. She seems to have no concept of what the noises that the others are making signify. She doesn't seem to really understand what a greeting is, either.

>_

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »
>"Yeah, I don't think she even understands what speech IS, let alone what you're saying."
>Try to convey to Stargazer that these sounds are how our kind communicate with each other, and that Maribel and Renko were simply trying to communicate with it. To share their desire to be friendly and to understand it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22:32 PM »
>"Yeah, I don't think she even understands what speech IS, let alone what you're saying."
>Try to convey to Stargazer that these sounds are how our kind communicate with each other, and that Maribel and Renko were simply trying to communicate with it. To share their desire to be friendly and to understand it.

>She seems to have suspected that much, after watching you all day. But the confirmation is nice. She has no idea what they're trying to express with their words. But it is good they want to be friendly.

>_

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
>Try to convey that Maribel and Renko seek to find and understand things which other people believe are untrue. In this way, are goals are similar, and we can help each other

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »
>Try to convey that Maribel and Renko seek to find and understand things which other people believe are untrue. In this way, are goals are similar, and we can help each other

>She seems to understand this, and still feel that they'll mostly lead themselves astray, if they're so focused on her.

>_

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »
>Can Stargazer suggest something that would be better for us all to focus on, if we're to learn more about the wrongness of this world?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
>Can Stargazer suggest something that would be better for us all to focus on, if we're to learn more about the wrongness of this world?

>She seems to be hoping you would have some ideas.

>_

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2010, 12:21:28 AM »
>Ask Stargazer if she is aware of the crow spirit that is also following us. Is it like her in any way? Can she communicate with it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2010, 01:04:28 AM »
>Ask Stargazer if she is aware of the crow spirit that is also following us. Is it like her in any way? Can she communicate with it?

>Her response seems to be, in essence, "What crow spirit?" It seems she is completely unaware of it.

>_

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
>"I think she may be a little more comfortable that you wish to be friendly, but she's still very shy."
>"And I, uh- I think she thinks you two are wasting your time by focusing on her, when something else is wrong out there. Try not to take that the wrong way. She sees things very differently from people. I know that if I were in your position, I'd be dying to use every scientific tool at my disposal to understand what and how this is."
>"She does have a point, though. Last night, I'd thought she might be central to what's wrong with the world, but today I'm not so sure. I think she may be as much a bystander as I am, and the real answers lie elsewhere."
>"Speaking of which, I don't suppose anything newsworthy has happened on your end today?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »
>"I think she may be a little more comfortable that you wish to be friendly, but she's still very shy."
>"And I, uh- I think she thinks you two are wasting your time by focusing on her, when something else is wrong out there. Try not to take that the wrong way. She sees things very differently from people. I know that if I were in your position, I'd be dying to use every scientific tool at my disposal to understand what and how this is."
>"She does have a point, though. Last night, I'd thought she might be central to what's wrong with the world, but today I'm not so sure. I think she may be as much a bystander as I am, and the real answers lie elsewhere."
>"Speaking of which, I don't suppose anything newsworthy has happened on your end today?"

>"She does seem pretty skittish, doesn't she?" says Maribel. "Is she like a wild animal?"
>Renko frowns. "I can't agree with that, I mean, here is one of the biggest extranormal event s ever, right here in our office! This is immense! I mean, my god, we could be world famous for this, forever!"
>Maribel frowns at her companion. "Yes, but won't there be time for it later? They are rather more involved in whatever's wrong than we are."
>"Yeah, I guess..." says Renko. "Sorry, I just don't want this to slip through our hands."
>"Newsworthy?" says Maribel. "Well, we spent all day looking for anything that sounds even a little bit like that cat we saw last night, and we're planning another expedition tonight. Hopefully the moon will be dark enough for it still..."
>"No real finds, unfortunately," says Renko.

>_