Author Topic: Anime/Manga Misc. Thread, Volume 3~  (Read 167488 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Anime/Manga Misc. Thread, Volume 3~
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »
OH SHI BRS OVA COMES OUT TOMMOROW

:o

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

My excitement cannot be contained.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

jvpenguin

« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »
OH SHI BRS OVA COMES OUT TOMMOROW
BRS? Black Rock Shooter right? :V
I was really hyped for it a while back, now not so much. Still hope its good.

...oh wait it's already "tomorrow." I need to go to bed...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
I know I'm probably going to feel really dumb for asking this, but can someone explain BRS to me? I've been trying to figure it out through a couple different sources, and still can't get my head around it. This started as a drawing that just started getting passed around, got fan depictions, and then something involving a band or Vocaloid or something ... right? I don't know. Someone help me out here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2010, 02:29:44 PM »
I know I'm probably going to feel really dumb for asking this, but can someone explain BRS to me? I've been trying to figure it out through a couple different sources, and still can't get my head around it. This started as a drawing that just started getting passed around, got fan depictions, and then something involving a band or Vocaloid or something ... right? I don't know. Someone help me out here.

BLACKROCK SHOOTER originally started out as a song using the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku.

A Japanese illustrator, huke, designed the character BLACKROCK SHOOTER based on this song. Because of BRS's massive appeal, the character of BRS became extremely popular and spawned a lot of fan art. huke also drew and designed similar characters such as Insane BRS (BRS wearing armor) and Dead Master. The massive popularity of BRS spawned a 1/8 PVC figure of her and the OVA most of us are excited about right now.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »
Fascinating. So a fictional character in a song inspired all this, and gained a life of her own?

I love it. That is probably the coolest thing I've heard in a week.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Matsuri

« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Not only that, but she's a total fucking badass too :*

Note: Danbooru link, NSFW etc etc etc

Tengukami

« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »
Yeah, I always loved the artwork. I'd like to know more about this character; her profile, her backstory. Looks like I have some clicking around to do.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
I see Tengukami has been infected by the Vocaloid Virus.

welcome, you are now of 'us'

Well, basically it is the best thing that ever happened with vocaloids.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
And it's out! I wonder who'll be done subbing it first?

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2010, 07:00:50 PM »
Eclipse plz.

or Mazui.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
Who here thinks that Black Rock Shooter will get a sequel?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:04:50 PM by Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »
Me three hundred votes on a sequel.

because it is me we are talking about.

also, BRS OVA: I CAME 15 BUCKETS AND IT WON'T STOP.

This show is awesome shit, like so awesome the shit turned into rainbows and then because shooting stars that are seven colored.

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »
Has BRS been subed yet, and by who? And it sucks that onemanga is shutting down, it was my primary source of manga.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
Mazui has got you covered there.

Anyway, I found the rather underwhelming and disappointing. The slice of life managed to simultaneously feel tacked on, yet I found them more interesting than the action scenes. Actually, the dreamworld scenes in general didn't do much for me. I like that they kept the dreamworld character's personalities ambiguous, but I think would've benefited from having at least a small bit of spoken dialog. Also would've helped the story make more sense. Overall it was fairly decent, but only that.

Nurarihyon no Mago seems interesting so far, though the art style keeps reminding me of Bleach for some reason.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2010, 02:54:25 AM »
It wasn't mean for that to be making much sense so much an artistic representation of hard fought relationship between two best friends.

I think that was all it truly meant to say.

4chan's

So all the fighting was a metaphor for tribadism, right?

I found it funny how she plays Basketball and wears Chuck Taylors.

But honestly, Mato has some good dress style.

Spoiler:
Somewhere, in the Otherworld a long time ago..
Black Rock Shooter is getting her ass kicked by Black Gold Saw and receives her scars from her.

IN THE PRESENT!

Mato starts a new school term and befriends ojou-sama Yomi who's been living in Germany for a while.
They're like, BEST FRIENDS FOREVER, a whole year.
Their second year, they end up in different classes and Yomi feels ignored as Mato hangs out more with Yuu, who is Mato's new classmate and also the basketball team manager.
Yomi is taken over by "Dead Master" at this point of jealousy.

Shortly after, she's been reported missing!
Mato cries her lungs out when one day, she receives a mysterious text message from Yomi!
She jumps on her bike to their favorite place and can only find the cellphone strap she had given her.

The strap starts to glow and with the desire of wanting to be with Yomi again, she and Black Rock Shooter merge into one and start looking for Yomi in the other world. Somewhere during this, STR is doing nothing besides standing on a cliff looking cool.

BRS eventually meets Dead Master, signing that she wants Yomi back.
They engage into a viscous battle with BRS getting bondaged against a wall.
With her enormous DESIRE to save Yomi, she breaks free and approaches Dead Master.
One final time, she reaches out her hand, but Dead Master doesn't want this cutesy moe shit.
As Dead Master is about to accidentally fall as she walks backwards, BRS embraces her with a HUG FULL OF LOVE. Dead Master tries to resist, but the love is too strong! Yomi is pulled out of Dead Master and Dead Master falls down, exploding into dust.
The day is saved once more, as BRS escapes with Yomi in her arms!

Life is back to normal as Mato and Yomi are BFF again!
But this time, Yuu is getting the vibes of jealousy..

Not that hard to follow.[/spoilers]

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:24:56 AM by ♛Alstroemeria-F »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »
A-F, it seems we were both lurking around the same /a/ threads today.

Of course, I only know that because I was going to post that myself. :]

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
I was like looking into every BRS threads too...
well, likewise, if you don't like it, nobody can convince you otherwise, but for us, we love BRS no matter how it was told.

« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Just marathoned moyashimon. Not in the mood for BRS anymore.
Let me back into CPMC :|

Matsuri

« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Just marathoned moyashimon. Not in the mood for BRS anymore.

Mm, is Moyashimon good? I've had it for a while now but haven't got around to watching it yet. :x

Also, I watched BRS last night. I was kind of hoping for more action and badassery, but it was still plenty good. I liked it. :3

Tengukami

« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
Is it going to be an actual 12/13-episode season, or is this BRS vid a one-off?

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2010, 04:01:57 AM »
one off.

because OVA are 1 hour long

the best I can hope for is something like Garden of Sinners - where every year or six months or so there is a new one to be added to it.

« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »
Mm, is Moyashimon good? I've had it for a while now but haven't got around to watching it yet. :x

Also, I watched BRS last night. I was kind of hoping for more action and badassery, but it was still plenty good. I liked it. :3

Extremely. Originally, I thought it was going to be some stupid educational kid's show, but it was quite entertaining. The best anime I've seen in a while. The dialogue is witty, the animation simple but dynamic. And, surprisingly, it's really, really funny. Especially the arc about the aphrodisiacs.

The one weak point, though, is the ending. The last few episodes feel rushed, and the last two especially are badly paced. And they're not even halfway through the story yet! Come on, make another season!

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2010, 06:41:12 PM »
Just finished BRS. The random flashes of battle scenes just doesn't work. I am extremely disappointed about it, 
Spoiler:
  especially at the end when they merged together I thought something amazing was going to happen... but then the credits started rolling. Also, there has to be a sequel about Yuu since there was two scenes of her in the dream world, but nothing ever happened.

Matsuri

« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Hmm. Seems that there's gonna be a Bakemonogatari prequel.

Tengukami

Anime/manga thread
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »
Crab god ate mah calories!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
Hmm. Seems that there's gonna be a Bakemonogatari prequel.

So they gonna animate the missing Koyomi Vamp chapter? But that's not really that long.

Toasty

« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2010, 05:20:11 AM »
Just finished BRS. The random flashes of battle scenes just doesn't work. I am extremely disappointed about it, 
Spoiler:
  especially at the end when they merged together I thought something amazing was going to happen... but then the credits started rolling. Also, there has to be a sequel about Yuu since there was two scenes of her in the dream world, but nothing ever happened.
It was sort of dissapointing. Even after
Spoiler:
you consider the fact that the fight scenes may have been asynchronous with the main timeline, and possible metaphors for the girls thoughts and feelings
. On a side note....

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2010, 05:39:06 AM »
. On a side note....

hau hue hau hue hau hue hau hue

very funny~
look guys, I think part of the fun of watching BRS is not about trying to find flaws, as it is just about every other show there is. Then again, I find it relatively unfair for this to be judged on par of a full cast anime based on a visual novel say... like Bakemonogatari (ie, what you guys say is good); I think personally BRS is a great achievement in terms of animation presentation. I mean... c'mon, it was a song, and then an artist drew a character and swish kaboom 2 years later an OVA!

I reckon there is nothing like this in animation history, it is a pioneer in its type, and it is an enjoyable short somewhat slice-of-life yuri friendship struggle thing that sorta worked well. It is also, as I would dare put it: open to interpretations. Some however, chose to interpret it in very narrow fashion.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
Ended my anime drought with Witch Hunter Robin. The MC was so spellbindingly awesome that I would've sat through the series even if it'd been terrible, but luckily everything else was pretty fantastic as well. Loved the general atmosphere and will probably look into Ergo Proxy or something that gives me a similar vibe next.

« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »
Ended my anime drought with Witch Hunter Robin. The MC was so spellbindingly awesome that I would've sat through the series even if it'd been terrible, but luckily everything else was pretty fantastic as well. Loved the general atmosphere and will probably look into Ergo Proxy or something that gives me a similar vibe next.

You should watch Utawarerumono next. Awesome MC there too.