Author Topic: Anything like savestates?  (Read 12527 times)

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
Re: Anything like savestates?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 01:59:11 AM »
Well, I found only a slowdown method, but anyone can do that. Just play Touhou on a shitty box. (Or use Advanced Game Loader)

Anyway, TAS DOES EXIST for Touhou. If I wasn't so lazy, I would have   found it long ago, but whatever.

Like I said before, I'd only use this to practice cards, not to bullshit   replays.

=====================

Another idea: Okay, so maybe if finding save states is out of the   question, then how's this:

The hack that makes it impossible to die when raming a   bullet.
  Speed up Touhou so that you can skip the stage up to the portion you   want to practice.
  Once there, restore the game's original condition. (FPS and give Marisuh her hitbox back)

I know the first two are possible to do because that's what you guys use   to make your fancy measurements for attack power comparisons between   shot types. I don't know about restoring a game's original condition,   though.

=====================

Update: Okay, so here's best contribution so far to the thread:

L. Spiro's memory hacking software.It's like GameShark on steroids.  :3

Hack Touhou directly and manually write a cheat for it. I don't know how to use   it, and I probably won't bother because I'm incredibly lazy.

This is something that should not be remedied. It'll be impossible to detect if somebody used a savestate or not, and cheating will be the easiest thing in the world. As much "good" it may do for beginner players or whatever else, it completely fucks over any kind of competitive play.

*Triple Dot*

I can't respond to this. I can only say that I personally won't use it for "competitive play" so I don't really care. :V

Also, Riskbreaker23 is a dumbass.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:03:24 AM by GreenVirus »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »
I can't respond to this. I can only say that I personally won't use it for "competitive play" so I don't really care. :V

You shouldn't have even commented.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »
You shouldn't have even commented.
Quoting a post just to say that? Really?

The thread isn't about whether you think save states are okay or not. It is about whether if it exists and if they do, then to post them in the thread.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »
C'mon guys, play nice.

The thread isn't about whether you think save states are okay or not. It is about whether if it exists and if they do, then to post them in the thread.

If this thread is about finding or creating a savestate function for Touhou, then discussion of whether or not this is a Good IdeaTM is also fair game.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »
No. Don't waltz into a discussion just to say that you don't like something. We get that by you not being here.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.