Author Topic: Touhou ::derp:: Thread (II)  (Read 146047 times)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Re: Touhou ::derp:: Thread (II)
« Reply #930 on: February 16, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »
I did it again.  I got tackled by Nue as she was leaving the stage.  Only this time it was Stage 6.  I got all excited because I had 3 lives and bombs.  I forgot she leaves on the left side and when I saw her heading right I ran to the top of the screen and she suddenly whipped to the left and I entered the final battle with 2 lives and bombs and a broken spirit.  I made it to the nonspell before Maelstrom.

« Reply #931 on: February 16, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
Those days when you can barely get to stage 3 on EoSD lunatic, well not to a satisfactory standard. Fuck.

« Reply #932 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:46 PM »
I got RTG Lunatic down to <10 seconds and derped it trying to time it out no focus :(

On an unrelated note, my brain almost exploded when I watched st's new Border Team score run, SICK grazing.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #933 on: February 17, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
*watches the snakes on Mysterious Snake Show*
*snake I'm watching curves up*
*disoriented, panics, crashes*

20/21. That one will stay there forever, taunting me.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #934 on: February 17, 2012, 07:35:01 PM »
Today isnt a good day to play lunatic modo. 7 attempts on TD restarted cause of 7 stupid derps on stage 1, and in next two i've died in the early parts of stage 2 and ragequited.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

strangedudemeh

« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2012, 02:40:01 AM »
Well, I tried to fix my broken PC for about 2 days, I couldn't even launch games on it. I was really tired, but somehow made it work and launched EoSD Extra on it for testing. I couldn't even get past the opening wave of fairies... And I can do better than that, last time I reached Maze of Love (I think. Don't exactly remember) Definitely need some rest.

« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2012, 05:36:56 AM »
So I was playing Marine Benefit on Hard, and I managed to die to The Eight Million Laughing Gods.

FOUR TIMES.

Spoiler:
I then went on to finish 3/2.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2012, 01:03:11 PM »
Oh hey let's shotgun ExKogasa with MarisaB
*bullet spawns on me
uhhhh....k let's not.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
Attempted to time out Mikoto's last spell (Marine Benefits) on easy mode to see how many lives and bombs I can get.
Turns out it has a timeout phase where she fires a dense row of jellybeans at you at high speed,
and all kinds of fairies start spawning (ala lunatic mode). Surprise surprise I died :V
Still netted 5 lives over all though.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #939 on: February 19, 2012, 06:21:25 AM »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #940 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »
I died on Honest Man's Death. ;_; It's so easy for me to capture though. Easier than Yuyuko's Reflowering on easy.

« Reply #941 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
Lost to Nue.
Like, legitmately. Was using my main (ReimuA) and just messed up loads.
Rematched and finished 0/2. Bloody Kogasa.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
I died to Lavatein :colonveeplusalpha:

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #943 on: February 21, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
Decided to try 10D demo on Hard. Everyone says it's an easy game, so it shouldn't be too bad right?

Took about 15 minutes of restarts just to reach Yuyuko without dying; and that run had me reach boss Kyouko 1/0 (where I promptly quit).

Nothing on Normal outside of Yoshika's cards (which are more tricky than hard) give me trouble, yet Hard is embarrassing me this badly.

EDIT: Another Normal 10D run, another no-lives left finish. Again every death was on Yoshika.

:persona:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:25:12 AM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
Got around to making some progress in TD Lunatic after some lack of motivation, beat Seiga to unlock Stage 4, got into Stage 5 with one Extra Life, things go wrong because I didn't think far enough to memorize Stage 5 and I eventually get to Futo with 2 Bombs left. Blow both of them on her first Spellcard, survive until her third one and start thinking "At this rate, I'll unlock Stage 5, too!". So I position myself right in front of her, the bullets spawn and spawn and they spawn on top of me. Positioned myself in the way of the stream, thinking they wouldn't do that. Next time I'll make sure to remember at least the most important details I think.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
Got around to making some progress in TD Lunatic after some lack of motivation, beat Seiga to unlock Stage 4, got into Stage 5 with one Extra Life, things go wrong because I didn't think far enough to memorize Stage 5 and I eventually get to Futo with 2 Bombs left. Blow both of them on her first Spellcard, survive until her third one and start thinking "At this rate, I'll unlock Stage 5, too!". So I position myself right in front of her, the bullets spawn and spawn and they spawn on top of me. Positioned myself in the way of the stream, thinking they wouldn't do that. Next time I'll make sure to remember at least the most important details I think.

IIRC the stage gets unlocked the moment you get to the stage

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #946 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:10 PM »
Two rain bullets virtually touching?

LET'S SQUEEZE THROUGH THEM

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #947 on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »
IIRC the stage gets unlocked the moment you get to the stage

Yes, that is correct, but unless the same system is used in Touhou 14, I'd rather not practice the stages in Practice Mode until I've beaten them. That way, I have something to look forward to that encourages me to beat them; if I practiced them after only entering the stage, it wouldn't really feel like I conquered them which wouldn't feel that great.

Even more importantly, however, the first time I see a Stage 6 Boss explode there have to be credits and the ending immediately afterwards, anything but that would feel awkward, extremely awkward!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:06:42 AM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #948 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
I died to Night Bird.
It was on Lunatic, but still...

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »
Imperishable Shooting GO!  First wave of bullets.... "Oh, lets just RUN RIGHT INTO THAT STATIONARY ONE!"

::)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #950 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »
I died to Makai Butterfly.  On easy.  That's her easiest spell and I can capture it pretty consistantly on Normal.  Guess I got cocky cause it was easy.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #951 on: February 25, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
I remember a run I did in IN a while ago in which I plow right into Kaguya when she started Salamander Shield. I thought I was going down, but I was going up...

« Reply #952 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
Y'know, in hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best idea I ever had to try playing 90fps on a game that lags very strangely. Aka TD.

« Reply #953 on: March 01, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »

Hahahaha what a run.
So many deathbombs.
Perfect Patchouli fight.
Stage 5 basically rapes me for no apparent reason.
Confidence all gone.
Sakuya's non-spell on stage 6, I go through like 6 walls of kunai, clear the spell then BOMB ONCE IT'S CLEARED.
Game over on Remi's second non-spell. Yes, the easy one that I never thought to safespot because I'm an idiot.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #954 on: March 02, 2012, 01:23:59 AM »
Let's forget about higher player's speed on 90 fps and rush right into Tojiko trying to get worthless bomb piece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pwc0W75Kg-c#t=720s
And a few seconds after let's forget about afterbomb invulnerability time is shortened too.
Man.. I still keep facepalming myself for that :fail:
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #955 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
User proceeded to do well at Nitori's second spell

User proceeded to run into Nitori right after capturing it.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #956 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
I got hit by the wriggle kick in IN...in a dozen consecutive runs.

AFTER I realized best place to autocollect was to the side not in the middle

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #957 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
I got hit by the wriggle kick in IN...in a dozen consecutive runs.

AFTER I realized best place to autocollect was to the side not in the middle

Don't worry about it, I've been Keine and Tewi kicked more than anyone should.  :V

While trying to supergraze Ichirin's nonspells, I lost 5 lives on the second nonspell. Ohoho, this is going to be fun  ::)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #958 on: March 03, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
let's get floored by UFO's extra's intro several times in a row yaaaay

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #959 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:27 AM »
*plays SA Extra, gets to Koishi with no stupid deaths first try*

Unexpected, this will probably be a good run.

*dies to opener, can't even remember the last time that happened*
*dies to beginning of Id*
*dies to Id again*
*final death at Superego*

I can usually make it to Subterranean Rose, and that's with a few stupid mistakes. This is a new low.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku