Author Topic: Random Translations & Requests  (Read 180104 times)

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
Random Translations & Requests
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
I thought it might be best if we have a place where people can randomly request for translations as well as offer some help.
Basically what I hope for is people to post and request touhou related material that they want translated and people who think they're up for the challenge have their go on translating it.
(I say touhou related because I don't suddenly want to see stuff that I / others will have no understanding about and asked to translate it.)
As a given I will try to be around to look after this thread and take on as much possible as I can.
Regarding videos, Furienify has kindly agreed on taking on the editing job.
...But since videos need to go through two people at the very least, videos will naturally take longer and it would be difficult to do stuff in parallel.

Of course anybody out there who feels they can lend a hand can drop in to share us their talent.

Other than that I also hope this thread to accomplish the role of helping people improve their Japanese... maybe not the same way a credit course may help you, but on a more simpler and friendlier bases.

So, to sum that up:
1. Anybody can post a link or anything that they want translated (Preferably Touhou related) Lyrics, scripts, game text,...etc.
2. Anybody can drop in to help / translate
3. Anybody can ask and answer miscellaneous questions about Japanese that they want cleared up. (Debates about this can also be fun too :))

But just remember that since we're all human and both Furi and I have our busy days and weeks, stuff requested may not be completed as swiftly as you wanted it to be...
(Delay may also result because Youtube is being a bum lately and deleting innocent accounts and Touhou Vids.)

P.S. If people think this would fit better in other sections, they are more than welcome to move this thread.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Random Translations & Requests
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
I think this board is a fine home for such a thread, just so long as the translation requests are Touhou related, of course. Have at it, guys!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »
I guess I can help out with translating stuff. Just don't ask me to do song lyrics, unless you want to wait a week while I work out a rhyme scheme and natural rhythm, heh.

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »
Guess I'll be first then.
Black Label Records お詫びCD
It's an apology or something, but I'm not sure what.

Also, good luck, kudos, and all that good stuff.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:22:17 AM »
Guess I'll be first then.
Black Label Records お詫びCD
It's an apology or something, but I'm not sure what.
Also, good luck, kudos, and all that good stuff.

Then I get first go then  :)
If its ok that I just translate what the text says over here...

Apology CD
4 of the tracks recorded in "Touhougenbutou" was also recorded in other CDs (Touhou Otogiban/BL-Rec., Level Fantasia / af-sound system)  2 each.

By having overlapping tracks in CDs sold at the same time, it has soiled the worth of this CD.

Taking this, we have decided to make new tracks and distribute them as soon as possible.

[Music name]
Muziku Servant /  Hard Core flight
Original music: Touhou Eiyashou : Taketori hishou ~Lunatic Princess!

We would like to apologize to everybody who has bought "Touhougenbutou" and all circles that have taken part in it in any way.
2008.11.2 -MuzikServant-

Or something along those lines...
Considering the music name, I'm guessing that's how its supposed to be read.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:24:17 AM by Sabino »

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 03:31:43 AM »
Ah. MUZIK SERVANT blatantly reusing the same tracks in his Kouroumu 4 releases. Makes sense now! Thanks!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:07 AM »
So, here I can ask/request translations for these videos?

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:18:27 AM »
Not sure if it's been done already, but is there anything for Moedan? It'd be nice to know what they're trying to say other than trying to guess what they want me to try and figure out.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:09:10 AM »
So, here I can ask/request translations for these videos?
Hohoho, I'm on it!
It will probably be upped on Fury's channel once both of us are finished with it!

Not sure if it's been done already, but is there anything for Moedan? It'd be nice to know what they're trying to say other than trying to guess what they want me to try and figure out.
'
It'd be best to provide stuff like screen shots or what nots of it first since I do not have this...
If the game has extractable text log, that'll be nice too.

Edit:For the 3 part video of Magnet station, I'm mostly done, but the last 5 minutes of part 3 is info about other random subcultures and such... so, guys give me your opinion, do you want me to add that part in? Or should I just ask Fury to cut that part out? -So I could not worry about that part.
(Roughly summing it up, its info on the cat videos that have become a recent fad, how the Luckystar mikoshi is getting carried off to Shanghai, and modern asky art (AA), and a recent female pool player.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:24:54 AM by Sabino »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »

Edit:For the 3 part video of Magnet station, I'm mostly done, but the last 5 minutes of part 3 is info about other random subcultures and such... so, guys give me your opinion, do you want me to add that part in? Or should I just ask Fury to cut that part out? -So I could not worry about that part.
(Roughly summing it up, its info on the cat videos that have become a recent fad, how the Luckystar mikoshi is getting carried off to Shanghai, and modern asky art (AA), and a recent female pool player.)

Pass me what you've got whenever you're ready, I'm itching to get on this.

You could finish part 3 for completion's sake if it's no problem, people might get confused if they (for whatever reason) actually watched it all through in Japanese. But it's not explicitly Touhou-related so it's not the main reason people would be watching.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
Isn't that video have 5 parts? Or I just misunderstood what you wrote.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:23:49 AM »
Isn't that video have 5 parts? Or I just misunderstood what you wrote.

I think you misunderstood. It's just a section that's not Touhou-related explicitly, it gets back on track in Part 4 I think.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
Yup, exactly as Fury stated.

I have the texts and what not up till half way in to part 3, but if I can cut some useless parts it gives me more time to translate the text that I have and get on to the next parts.

I'm not certain of when I'll be finished with this, but much should be done by the end of this week, if I can find enough time. :)

Edit: So here is part 1 translations if you want to do them by the same parts.
Anybody is free to look, comment, and make suggestions or criticize me for mistakes I may have made. It all helps towards a better video.
For some reason I found the most fun in figuring out the books that ZUN had in his shelves... but that's just me being a stalker...
Anyhow, have fun! Part 2 is estimated to be up here by tomorrow or the day after!

Edit2:Also be careful and save while you can since the Nico version got erased.
... Maybe up it on a different account just to be safe?

P.S. Sorry I forgot to say, but thanks for the edit on Touhou Wiki Furi! awesome editing in a work of a few days!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:58:38 PM by Sabino »

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
Touhou fans wanting to watch a documentary about Touhou.

Oh god the irony :V
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »
I'd like to know what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6_A03O01LE is about.
You don't have to translate everything, just a general course of events would be nice <3

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »
I'd like to know what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6_A03O01LE is about.
You don't have to translate everything, just a general course of events would be nice <3
What baiscally happens:
Flan goes crazy, does carnage on Remilia, but Remilia says that she'd be delighted to die if its by the hands of Flan.
Flan's sanity and insanity clashes and as a result goes even crazier. Remilia gets torn apart and beaten to pulp.       
                                                                                              END  :P

... Well at least that's it without the flamboyant explanation , yuri, and emotional talk.

Touhou fans wanting to watch a documentary about Touhou.
Oh god the irony :V
I'm pretty much in there for ZUN.

Edit:Speaking of which, I'm done Part 2
Red, hot, straight off the grill! ... er, I mean word processor....
again, feel free to throw stones, questions and comments. Have fun!

Edit2: Also, I'm having troubles hearing what that man is saying at 3:52 of Part 4 of the series of documentary videos...
Right now, what I'm hearing matches up to nothing meaningful from my library of language used for music...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:09:49 AM by Sabino »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 01:47:39 PM »
Thank you! I could never figure out who was killing who...

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
Thank you! I could never figure out who was killing who...
No prob.
I'm doing things centered around; the M1 -which I need to get back to finishing...-, one other thing that I'm planning to suggest to Fury, and most importantly this thread.
So if you'd like, I could try translating that series of voice dramas with all the flamboyance and what not once some of the other tasks are cleared up.
Well, since there was somebody who already claimed to be up to the job on youtube, I might wait till he/she 's had their translating to the fulfillment too.
... of course others can be up for it and I'd be perfectly OK with it and lend a hand if they need it. :)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »
Relatively small request: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/652012

The untranslated portions. Namely, Hatate and Sanae's dialogue and a little bit of the box right below that panel. Thanks in advance.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 07:09:22 AM »
I don't suppose anybody is willing to translate the story portion of TPW EVO eh? (I'll patch it and find the areas that actually need translating and communicate to them via whatever medium you like if so). Story portion includes dream names, dream dialogue, and gensokyo dialogue. There are other things that need translating in there too but it's pretty minor and small in comparison.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 08:41:49 AM »
It'd be best to provide stuff like screen shots or what nots of it first since I do not have this...
If the game has extractable text log, that'll be nice too.

This is the best I can provide for now:
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Character_Aim

It looks like someone tried to start something but quit on it.

I tried using that Anime Game Text Hooker to try and get the text from the game, but so far, I've got squat. -.-;

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
Relatively small request: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/652012

The untranslated portions. Namely, Hatate and Sanae's dialogue and a little bit of the box right below that panel. Thanks in advance.
Done :)

Story portion includes dream names, dream dialogue, and gensokyo dialogue. There are other things that need translating in there too but it's pretty minor and small in comparison.
Give me text and I'll see what I can do about it.
You can either send it through PM or up it somewhere and post the link here. :)

This is the best I can provide for now:
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Character_Aim

Great! I'll finish up what that person has! :D

Edit1: Wait, this is horrible... Can somebody help me in the editing of this Wiki page, since the title's gotta go.
自機狙い (Proper terminology is 自機狙い弾) Is shmup terminology that they use for "Bullets aimed towards or in relation to the player's position".
So... the title of this page is wrong to begin with...
Edit2:I'm also really shaky on what I should be doing for the name of that Flan look alike, since I think they went ahead and said "Since the name's in hiragana, its a deifferent person!"
*Since it is written as ふらんどーる and not フランドール.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:46:17 AM by Sabino »

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
To be honest, I think that guy only did the first spell card, too. I know most of the card I've done so far (I think I've done about 8 before my curiosity started screwing with me.).

I think I can screenshot the text dialogs for all the cards, maybe we can actually finish that page. :)

[edit]  http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Moedan:_Characters

It seems according to that part of the wiki, the look alike is her normal form and Flandre is her magical girl form.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:19:32 PM by Firest☆rm29 »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 12:33:55 PM »
Flander and Flandre. :V

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 05:30:10 AM »
Dunno if people still follow, but here is the third part for that video
Part 3
I was a bit busy so I decided to not do the non-Touhou related part.
If people want that part translated too, they should have said so earlier, but it might be better if we just separate that part anyways...
Supposedly I should have more time on my hands in a bit, so parts 4 and 5 will be a bit more quicker... sorry for the wait :ohdear:

As I say, I'm open for any suggestions or any requests of translations.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »
Yay, part 3 finally!

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
I don't know if anyone here can translate by ear, but I'd like to have Iemitsu's Blikje Phantasm translated.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
I don't know if anyone here can translate by ear, but I'd like to have Iemitsu's Blikje Phantasm translated.
OMG the vocal's by 茶太!!
I'm so taking first dibs on this one! ... I mean, I'll try to do what I can for it. :)
If it isn't already on the Touhou Wiki by the time I'm done with it people can feel free to put it there.

Edit: It seems that the lyrics are the same as the Blikje Phantasm -Piano solo. so I'll make translations for that one, and since it looks like the lyrics page of it isn't created yet, if somebody does decide to create it, they can link the two together or something.

Edit2:So here is my horrible translations of it... I don't seem to have enough poetic sense in me to keep in par with this song...
You can tell that some of the word orders are mixed up for poetic content and the number of lines do not match exactly I thought it might be harder to understand in English...

As always, this is open for any objections, requests, ...etc.
People who boast poetic and literary intelligences are free to ask for any changes.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:45:16 PM by Sabino »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 11:47:04 PM »
Cage in Lunatic Runagate Chapter 6 scans were uploaded to the wiki recently as well, if you have time. If you need me to upload them to a third party site for viewing again I'll get right on it.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
Cage in Lunatic Runagate Chapter 6 scans were uploaded to the wiki recently as well, if you have time. If you need me to upload them to a third party site for viewing again I'll get right on it.
It looks like I'll be fine this time... I think... I wonder what was possibly wrong last time  ???
Anywho, it looks like I'll be having so much fun today, I'm on to translating it!