Author Topic: MotK Emblem (FE hack) - HELP NEEDED INQUIRE WITHIN  (Read 102238 times)

Toasty

Re: MotK Emblem (FE hack) - IDEAS AND STUFF!!
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2010, 02:44:58 AM »
I'm in as the one working behind the scenes and trolling everyone.

And
Quote from: Sapz
[19:42] Sapz: Also kicks kittens and the like

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2010, 02:55:35 AM »
From a few days ago:

[16:10] <Sana> Mousse do you want to be in our FE hack? :S
01[16:11] <E-Nazrin> Uh, if you want to put me in, then sure, but I won't actively pursue it.
[16:11] <Sana> We need units
01[16:11] <E-Nazrin> I don't really know a damn thing about the game, so I can't really describe what I'd want :S
01[16:12] <E-Nazrin> Don't think I want to be a raw-strength frontliner, though.

[16:12] <Sana> ...
[16:12] <Moerin> Be in it!  It has the best villain ever!
[16:12] <Sana> Do you want melee?
[16:12] <Anthony> I already called the only nomad in the game :V
[16:12] <Anthony> aka the guy who rides horses and shoots stuff
[16:12] <Sana> Or like maging, support, etc.
[16:12] <Adieu_jr|Stein> You're the villain, I presume, Lady Moerin?
06[16:13] * Anthony has never really expressed it but he does have a trigger happy side
[16:13] <Moerin> Ufufu~
[16:13] <Adieu_jr|Stein> ~<3
06[16:13] * Adieu_jr|Stein snugs the villainous Moerin~<3
01[16:13] <E-Nazrin> Thiefy/mobility-focus melee is fine; maging and support is fine.
[16:13] <Moerin> Eeeeeh~
[16:13] <Xan> Ufufu, I need to get in.
01[16:14] <E-Nazrin> Just not interested in being tanky, pretty much.
[16:14] <Sana> Mousse as a thief?
[16:14] <Moerin> I think we mentioned that earlier on, actually, Xan.
[16:14] <Sana> That could be nice, actually
[16:14] <Sana> I'm not sure if we have any thieves yet
[16:15] <Sana> Mousse, I think you're in
01[16:16] <E-Nazrin> Okay.
01[16:16] <E-Nazrin> I leave the stablocking up to you.

Thinking a little more, anything about 'information gathering' would be a good fit - whether that's thiefy/scouty spying, magey research, or otherwise is your call.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:42 AM »
PEG KNIGHTS WERE HERE
SWORDS ARE LAME AND AXES ARE LAMER

Also, I'll probably start writing more of the plot, if anyone doesn't mind.

Sana: Please do, I look forward to hearing more outta this.

And everyone else interested: Don't be afraid to give Sana a hand \o/

Thinking a little more, anything about 'information gathering' would be a good fit - whether that's thiefy/scouty spying, magey research, or otherwise is your call.

Thief might be cool, actually. An early thief would be awesome.

In as a squeezably soft berserker. I know zilch about stats and the like, so go nuts with that. :3

I'll handle this then.

Actually you know what, everyone who knows nothing about FE and wants stats, just PM what you want to me, a reference of available classes is here c/o Sana.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
Seeing as the thief fog-of-war skill is the only really information-related support in the game, yeah, definitely thief.

Also, I'm a liar. Stealing Corma's apparent statblock from GameFAQs and tweaking slightly rather than being creative:

LV-2
HP-16
STR-4
SKL-4
SPD-13
LCK-8
DEF-3
MDF-2
MOV-6
CON-6

Stat Growth:

HP-70%
STR-35%
SKL-40%
SPD-70%
LCK-35%
DEF-30%
MDF-20%
(Total: 300%)

This probably sucks, but oh well! Tweak around and/or throw in some extra Move if that's not really usable.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
Hey, everyone who is involved, including those who have characters entried, please PM either myself OR Sana your character data, like a short description of yourself and your personality. Stuffman did a pretty good job of this earlier in the thread, follow his example. Thanks!

I like bold

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2010, 02:50:41 AM »
so uh. what do we do for supports?

I guess I could maybe support with Tylt but idk

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2010, 03:27:02 AM »
On a different note, here's what I have so far for the plot. RURO THE STRAWBERRY FARMER
Also, I have no idea what the top prize of the tourney should be so I just said it was "something amazing".

Months later, in the small town of _____ in *country 1*

Generic guy 1: Hey, have you heard? The battle tournament is accepting entrants now!
Generic guy 2: Yeah, I heard. I'm not too great at fighting though, so I think I'll pass.
Generic guy 1: But come on, I only need one more person! I hear the top prize is something amazing...
Generic guy 2: Amazing huh...Fine, I'll enter with you. You better share that prize with me though!
*They leave*
????: A tournament, huh...

An orchard.

????: Mom, I'm back.
Mother: Oh, welcome back Ruro. How were sales today?
Ruro: Terrible, as usual. I don't get it...our strawberries are the best in the country.
Mother: We'll get by. We always do.
Ruro: But who knows how long we'll last at this rate...
*Father enters*
Father: Hello, everyone. What's this tournament everyone in town is talking about?
Ruro: I'm not sure, but I heard the top prize is "something amazing". I wonder if this "something amazing"
might help us? Maybe I should join too.
Mother: Ruro...there's no need to do anything as drastic as joining a tournament. What if something should happen to you?
Ruro: But mom, if I win we'll get more business! Everyone will want our strawberries!
Father: She's got a point...And Ruro is one of our best fighters. If anyone from our village has a shot at winning, Ruro does.
Ruro: Come on, Mom! I have to try!
Mother: ...Fine. You're old enough to make your own decisions now, so if you really want to fight for us, you can. Just be careful, you hear me?
Ruro: I'll do my best!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2010, 04:29:28 AM »
Okay guys sometime this week I want to have a balancing discussion with some of you folks on #EasyFE, please let's try and get together so we can decide on what classes we're hacking. And rebalance some shit. And decide ENEMY SPAWWW~NS

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »
Ruro & strawberries

What I always liked about FE is the consistently-applied somewhat archaic language that the characters use. Still perfectly understandable, yet something you can really believe was spoken in generic medieval Europe. With that said, I would be interested in filtering dialogue to give it a more "authentic" feel (in my perception, of course, and this will most likely involve removing neologisms and extending expressions).

For example:
Generic guy 1: Have you heard? The tournament is accepting entrants now!
Generic guy 2: Yes, I've heard. I'm not much of a fighter, so I think I'll let it pass.
Generic guy 1: But I only need one more person! I hear the prize is something amazing...
Generic guy 2: Amazing, is it?...Fine, I'll enter with you. You had better share that prize with me when we win!

Something like that. If you don't want it, that's fine with me.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2010, 07:54:42 AM »
I think we can work quite well together, then, Fightest.

In any case, I'm just requesting Sana to see about writing a "general idea," of things, an outline, a very important job, so that we can set about making everything nice and stuff later before we finalize.

Mikirin

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »
Is... Is it too late or may I join in?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »
I'm a drunkard and brawler. Point me in a direction and I keep swinging my axe until I hit something or a wall.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »
I like this "Fightest filter" idea, if only because it makes writing easier for me : P

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »
Is... Is it too late or may I join in?

The nice thing about making an FE game is that it's basically impossible to have too many people.

Mikirin

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
Alright, I'm in!
Is there anything specific you need?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
Well, you'd need to pick a class, Base stats(?) and stat growths (That should sum 300).
Also, #EasyFE on Dejatoons should you need help.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
Is there anything specific you need?
Oddly...cavaliers.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Pai!

• Unintentionally Amusing
  • A Dissonant Serenity Assasin
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
I'll be happy to sprite if needed.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
Prototype face portrait in progress. This is me, assuming we're going with FE-style humans and no weird stuff.

Yes, I've got one of those spartan cape things :V

(This is actually somewhat based on my real face, too!)

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
Last time I checked, we're going with FE-style people and attire, yes. : P

Anyway, things we sorted out today:
-Vigilante diplomats are secretly involved in the tourney, and work openly when it's finished?
-Apparently, SD and Pai will be the Erk/Serra of the game (BICKER BICKER BICKER)
-Some people picked out affinities:
Jan: Fire
Fightest: Light/Anima/Thunder? We never sorted this out. :S
SD: Fire
Anth: Thunder
Sana: Wind?
Theorin: Thunder (but do bosses need affinities? )

Also, if people want to put down a general idea of what they want to look like, that would be nice.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Here, copied from an RP profile of mine:

His thick, straight, dark brown hair is not really long per se, but it's not really short either. It goes about halfway down his neck in the back, and on the sides it goes just past the tops of his ears, though it doesn't hang down at all, laying flat against his skin. His bangs go almost all the way down to his green eyes. Drake wears a light green shirt, with a dark green cape and bluish-black pants. Near the shoulders, peeking from behind the cape, you see two spots that are a darker green than the rest of his clothes, and appear to be made of a somewhat metallic substance. Around those spots, it looks almost like there is a very light golden colored metal.

His height is rather imposing, especially for only 17, and people often are surprised when they see him. He carries himself rather cautiously at all times, though also rather quickly. He has a strange mark on the back of his right hand, black, shaped like the silhouette of a dragon, seen from the side. He has a copy of this image on a silver pendant he wears, which is quite plain other than that.

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
Hmm...

Lessee, Black short hair, brown eyes, a goatee if possible. Dark blue coat with black pants, and boots. Hopefully that isn't too general... if it is I can be more specific I believe.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2010, 02:38:20 AM »
Decided I want in on this as a monk (light magic has always fascinated me as the coolest ability I could have if I could give myself some sort of superpower), with darkness affinity (yes, a monk with darkness affinity, and it's what the tactician would get for having my birth month of August, so I can justify it).  I'll leave it to more knowledgeable people to balance out my stats as necessary, but I'm thinking I want to be a Nino character: late-game low-level character with amazing growth rates.  Other details (character background, appearance) to be determined later.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2010, 03:29:41 AM »
In other news:

MAP EDITING FINALLY WORKS YES
IT'S A MIRACLE

Edit: For those who couldn't get it working:
When you're typing in the offset into nightmare, you have to add 80 00 00 0 (spacing added for convenience) to the offset the map is in. I put my lame map in 10 00 00 0, so the exact offset you type into Nightmare for the chapter map you want would be 0x9000000. Assuming you've done that and changed all the object sets, palettes, and all that other stuff, everything should be just fine.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:38:44 AM by Sana »

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »
Theorin: Thunder (but do bosses need affinities? )
Yeah.

I'd wanna be dark affinity, but Krim just claimed dark-affinity monk. I guess you could go for Thunder instead.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:58 AM »
Aaaand here we are. Not perfectly up to official sprite standards, but...

Anyway, I have not actually tried inserting this into the game yet (I haven't even looked at how to do it), this is just a sheet in the same format as FEditor Adv spits out.

Some observations:
- Maximum of 15 colors (actually 16, but one for transparency). Recommended to use 4 skin tones, 3 hair tones, two clothes colors of 3 tones each, and that leaves two colors for eyes/accessories/whatever.
- Max portrait size is 96 x 80.
- The smaller face card is 32 x 32. It is half the scale of the main portrait, and recommended to align the uppermost head pixel with the top of the frame.
- The two blocks under the card are the blinking animation, and the two rows of blocks under the portrait are the speaking animations - obviously. The top row is for smiling, the bottom row for not smiling. The main portrait uses the not smiling version. Each block is 32x16, and is made to be placed on an 8x8 grid on the main portrait. (For this reason, make sure when you position the portrait that the eyes and mouth will fit inside a 32x16 block that is a number of pixels from the edge divisible by 8.) The speech blocks and the blinking blocks must not use any of the same 8x8 blocks.
- I'm not entirely sure of the purpose of the bottom portrait, but in most cases it is comprised of the idle smiling speech block and the half-blinking eye block. However, on any sheet with the "eyes always closed" tag (Ninian, Jaffar, Florina, and Nils have one in addition to their normal sheets) it is the main portrait with the closed eyes block. That's probably what it's for. There is a 10 pixel buffer between the speech blocks and the bottom portrait, and there is a 16 pixel margin on each side of it.

MAP EDITING FINALLY WORKS YES
Excellent.

theshirn

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2010, 03:57:16 AM »
I'd wanna be dark affinity, but Krim just claimed dark-affinity monk. I guess you could go for Thunder instead.
There are going to be several people per affinity.  Dark is one of the more uncommon (I think there are three in FE7's 40-odd characters) but there's no reason you couldn't be Dark.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2010, 04:08:00 AM »
There are going to be several people per affinity.  Dark is one of the more uncommon (I think there are three in FE7's 40-odd characters) but there's no reason you couldn't be Dark.
But then there would be two monks with dark affinity which is pretty redundant for support gains.

theshirn

« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »
But then there would be two monks with dark affinity which is pretty redundant for support gains.
Ah.  Hadn't realized it was another monk.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:57 AM »

Great success!

Also, a few more details and corrections from before:

Here's what the final sheet is going to look like. As it turns out, you can't use the entire 96x80 area; there's a 16x48 margin on each side, indicated here by the red boxes. This shouldn't be a big problem, as even my huge shoulders were able to fit inside without any alteration.

Also, the bottom portrait that I showed in the previous sheet won't actually be on the sheet you produce; that's actually just a preview that FEditor produces for you that shows the eye/mouth blocks positioned on the sprite. If the blocks aren't in the right place, you'll need to go into Nightmare and use the Portrait Editor module to change the coordinates.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:07:44 AM by Stuffman »