Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)  (Read 29656 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
Damn...these scum are good. NKing Kilga like that.

You know who Kilga caught in Haruhi mafia? Pesco and Rou.

##Vote: Pesco

Mostly serious vote based on K4Us flip and the behaviors surround the two wagons.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
##Vote HW

Very fluffy L-1 yesterday. Swinging in the equalizer vote on me while K4U was the decider, you'd get her to hammer me and take the fall for it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »
Oh, yeah, I still want a better formatted post from HW

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
Well piss.

Just goes to show that I have no idea how to use this confangled Time Traveler role.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
##Unvote

Well, just realized we are in mylo. Any ideas on the viability of a) massclaim and b) no lynch?

Massclaim would only really be worthwhile if we lynch today, and it's value is of course varying based on set up.

No lynch...I honestly don't know if that has a purpose or not.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »
I've gotta take my modem in for replacement right now so I can't type up anything of detail right now. Hopefully I won't have problems with connectivity after I get it back.

Pesco is probably the most suspicious due to his vote on K4U and how the wagons shifted around between him and K4U. Not really believing of his HW vote right now. Does he as a Townie really think HW deserves the most scrutiny over any of the K4U voters? It only makes sense if he thinks Scum completely distanced themselves from the K4U mislynch and I'm not under the impression he suspects me right now.

Rou is also up there as well for the switch and hammer. The meta point at the end of his #82 also feels like an unnatural add on about Pesco that really doesn't say a damn thing about how Pesco could be innocent.

Will reread when I have the chance.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
I'm fine with massclaiming. I'll start if we're going through with it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
Hmm...you seem rather eager to start, don't you Pesco.

But, that in and of itself is telling. We should probably do this popcorn style, and vote on who should start. I'm fine with Pesco starting, so that's 2 for him.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
Saying this again, but after K4U's flip Pesco slips down on my suspicions. I see no reason scum!Pesco wouldn't place a vote on K4U immediately when he was pressuring her. Scum would obviously want to promote her mislynch, so holding that pressure back by not adding votes to it doesn't seem productive. (Clarifying this since I apparently didn't make it clear enough in #82).

Also fine with Pesco starting. I don't think we have enough RL time for a No Lynch today, otherwise Affinity might have to leave before the game is over. :<

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
Better formatting/rewritten somewhat etc:

First of all RVS. Don't think the "Pesco avoiding OMGUSing!!" thing really counts for much at this point, but still. In #27, rather than actually respond to the actual vote on his about that, he just says that Rou sucks which feels like he's trying to avoid the situation (even though it wasn't exactly serious).

#37 could feels like he's digging for information on who would vote Rou if scum were to attempt to get Rou mislynched by the end of the day. If K4U was with Pesco, he could have been attempting to blame the mislynch on her instead.

His unvote seems kind of derpy as well, since he didn't really have anybody else to place it on and Rou wasn't exactly close to being lynched. Plus despite questioning K4U he doesn't attempt to really put any pressure on her at all and it just kind of seems like he goes "oh ok" and backs off until #61 where he actually votes her, which is odd. 

#65 is a decent excuse... or at least it would be if he had actually voted K4U when he unvoted. A vote would add more pressure on her even while she's not being questioned, yet he avoids doing so for some reason. #67 does not really explain anything at all, he could at least say why he wasn't ready. According to #69 there wasn't anything voteworthy, but apparently there was enough to pressure her about her gut, so not voting her was counterproductive as it could have gotten more out of her (like what could have been more reasons to vote). Also note that there wasn't much voteworthy for other people either at that point.

#75 complains about my fluffiness (derp) but apparently he doesn't want to take the time to go into detail (which I've noticed a lot from him, ugh) or address anything else.

Should be somewhat readable now. I still feel like Pesco is consistently refusing to go into detail about anything, which is mildly irritating. This includes his vote for me as well. Currently fine with him roleclaiming.

Seems kind of like Rou was somewhat inactive compared to everyone else D1 for some reason. He mainly just argued with Pesco then hammered K4U later, which felt kinda abrupt to me. It doesn't really look bad or anything, I just didn't notice his presence as much as everyone else's. (Though he could have been quickly trying to hammer K4U to prevent a Pesco hammer if he's scum in a team with Pesco or something. If this is the case, though, it could have been a reason why Pesco asked K4U if she wanted Rou lynched. Pesco/Rou scumteam seems really unlikely to me, though, but I felt the theory might be worth pointing out at least)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:18 PM »
So be it.

Cop with a guilty on HW.

« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
Insane cop? :V

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »
Forgot this.

##Vote: Pesco, on the grounds that I know I'm town, so he's either insane or a liar.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »
Hmm...You do realize cops are sanity guaranteed in a C9. Pesco is either lying or the cop.

Reserving judgement on that.

Pesco, who should claim next? Probably HW I guess.

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
Writing up a post right now. Requesting that no one roleclaim, since Pesco is probably scum and rolefishing.

« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
Oh wait, UK suggested that. Still, don't roleclaim.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
You know, your statements aren't helping huh what. You know your alignment. You know that cops are sane in this game.

Also, what's the point of rolefishing? It's massclaim time, all the roles are coming out ANYWAY.

So why probably or maybe? If you are town, you KNOW Pesco is scum. If you are scum, you KNOW Pesco is the cop (or bussing you, but given the 50% chance of cops in this set up, well :V)

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »
Does the wording really matter in this case? Since I know either way, probably should not really alter the meaning of the post too much.

I was thinking he could be eagerly supporting the massclaim because he was scum attempting to draw out the other roles (and a cop claim would support this), but then I realized we only have like one day left if we lynch scum today so yeah I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyway I'm Hina Kagiyama, Vanilla Townie.  To me lynching Pesco is obviously the best option at this point. Most of the previous statements against Pesco still stand (and now it looks like he easily could have been trying to set up a K4U mislynch), and he has been generally been avoiding expanding upon his posts throughout the game, or at least it seems like that to me. I find it rather likely that Pesco and his partner (possibly Rou?) were expecting that Pesco would be lynched today and attempted to pass the suspicion onto me with the claim instead, since I'd be the second most likely based on the end of D1. Since the game is in mylo, they were probably expecting that I'd get hammered and they'd win the game.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
HW: Pick the next person to claim please.

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
Requesting UK roleclaim.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »
I buy the claim, for the reasons I've already stated. Looking at D1 as well, the Huh What wagon collapsed about as quickly as the Pesco wagon formed, so consider me just about sold.

##Vote: huh what

HW, why shouldn't we claim? RL time constraints mean we pretty much need to lynch today before Affinity has to leave, so it's effectively Lylo.

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
Did you read my roleclaim post?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »
Did you read my roleclaim post?
It ninja'd me. :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
I'm a doctor Jim!

Kiro was last nights protect. He is about 90% confirmed town.

I reserve the last 10% for Pesco scum  coming up with a crazy no kill gambit for the win.

Rou, claim.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
I claim Komachi, 'nilla Town.

Assuming all claims are true, the only team that makes sense to me now is huh what/Affinity. And I can't think of much against UK at least, given that she was the first to start action seriously yesterday, so I'm happy enough with believing her for now.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »
That's a big assumption thar Rou. Regardless, who do you want to claim next?

Dear god, you all suck at popcorn.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:07 AM »
That's a big assumption thar Rou.
I know I'm Town, Pesco's cop claim was too early and ambitious to be a gambit, and you've pretty much confirmed yourself and Kiro. That leaves huh what and Affinity via a process of elimination.

I'd like Affinity to claim next.

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
I know I'm Town, Pesco's cop claim was too early and ambitious to be a gambit
In what way? Note that we're in mylo, so it's in no way too early for him to win the game by getting me hammered.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »
One thing about Pesco's claim. There's a 50% chance there is no cop. Further, why didn't he just claim it in his first post? And of course, the other 50% chance makes it a 1 v. 1 between Pesco and the counterclaimer, which is also good for scum since there's a chance the cop will be lynched. As for me, there's always a chance that scum either no killed or were REALLY daring and killed scum Kiro so that I'd think he was town, since A+ MotK doc play is basically "protect Kiro".

Nothing is CERTAIN, but some things are more probable. I think it is most probably Kiro is town, so I'm willing to accept that. I am not yet sold on the probability that Pesco is a cop, but also not sold that he is not a cop.

However, HW's reaction was classic scum play. First attacking the sanity, so it's more friendly like "well, maybe we aren't both scum" (i.e., HW knows he's caught and subconsciously projects Pesco town). Then after sanity issues are thrown out he finally votes Pesco for lying. The delay between the two bothers me. Also, the use of probably and likely lying, etc, are kinda subconscious scumtells as well when confronted with a guilty.

So, that's why I'm about 50/50 on Pesco's claim and want massclaim to resolve ASAP.

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »
However, HW's reaction was classic scum play. First attacking the sanity, so it's more friendly like "well, maybe we aren't both scum" (i.e., HW knows he's caught and subconsciously projects Pesco town). Then after sanity issues are thrown out he finally votes Pesco for lying.
Uh, no, I voted Pesco a minute after posting about sanity since I forgot it in my immediate post, not after you said he had to be sane.