Author Topic: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY FIVE!  (Read 56386 times)

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: JUST KIDDING! ACTUALLY DAY FOUR!
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Ok I'm back. I didn't use my vig last night. I don't really think Jam is scum at this point, and I didn't want to take a crap shoot on anyone else.

Speaking of which, I don't really think Jam is scum due to the meta I pointed out here and the Sodium wagon issues that have been mentioned several times, most recently by Rou here. Jam was already looking really bad by the time Sodium offered to use his vig, so I think that his expressed desire to take out Jam was just an attempt to look pro-townie, rather than an attempt to bus either himself or Jam (bussing would be a bad idea with only two scum left, and at that point Sodium could not have known that his vig would backfire on him like it did).

I'll do a reread and figure out who I actually want to vote for later. Until then, ##Extension.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
K, 24 hour extension granted. New deadline is in a little under 42 hours on Tuesday at 12 PM EST

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #482 on: April 05, 2010, 03:46:44 AM »
I'm more than comfortable enough with Rou and Kefit.  Frankly, I think Jam's still scum solely by process of elimination - Zakeri's been mostly quiet, but at least has produced decent things.  I disagree with Kefit concerning his tells on Jam.

That said, assuming Kefit's night vig is still active, we should still have a way to win regardless:

1) Lynch Jam or Zakeri.  If one is scum, great!  If not...
2) Kefit shoots whoever we don't lynch.  Scum's NK also goes through, but town will be alive and scum will not.

Thoughts?

Edible

« Reply #483 on: April 05, 2010, 05:27:15 AM »
EBWOP:

Nevermind, I am completely retarded.  That is a terribly bad idea.

Counting is difficult!

« Reply #484 on: April 05, 2010, 07:20:58 AM »
We don't really need Kefit's vig shot to do anything we can't do with another day of play instead.

...I mean, we could use it to verify if he's lying about it or not, but then we wouldn't have a tomorrow to discuss things with. ???

honestly, the way things look now, the biggest question should be "If it's not Jam, then Who?"

Just looking at day 3, Kefit caught and lead the Sodium wagon. Jam adds her support, but not her vote to the wagon along with huh what who did vote. Edible then adds a third vote which basically seals Sodium's death right there. Then finally the Jam Hammer. In short, if Rou isn't the last scum, then there's some major busing happening here.

My money is still on Jam, but to be honest Kefit being the last one wouldn't be all that surprising considering...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #485 on: April 05, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »
What annoys me about Kefit not shooting is that now he most likely won't shoot at all. If we mislynch today, a misfire from Town!Kefit will cost Town the game. Worse yet, we now have no way of confirming whether Kefit's claim is true as a result - again, outright scum is unlikely after yesterday, but the third-party threat still irks me with the risk of a joint-win tomorrow if we mislynch today.

Jam has done nothing to help herself. At all. Seriously. By now the 'braindead Townie' clear is really wearing thin. Maybe we're just overthinking this?

I'll hold my judgement until Kefit finishes his reread and places a vote.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #486 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:15 PM »
##Vote: The molecules of nitrogen about 1cm in front of and 3cm to the left of UK's nose

The 3.1415...th "Players outside the game voting!?" VoteCount

The molecules of nitrogen about 1cm in front of and 3cm to the left of UK's nose: Alice Blackburn

Not Voting (3,792): All forum users not in this game
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:43:19 PM by AnncertainKoulter »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #487 on: April 05, 2010, 10:14:21 PM »
No one has still voted, deadline is in like, 18 hours. Might wanna get on that

« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »
##Vote: The molecules of nitrogen about 1cm in front of and 3cm to the left of UK's nose

Might as well get a bandwagon going. :V

« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »
Are dead people counted in "Players outside the game voting!?" votecounts? Because I support this notion.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #490 on: April 05, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »
Ok, seriously, this is getting out of hand. If you aren't in the game, either as mod or player, don't post please. If you are dead, also don't post please

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »
Right, I see Kefit online now. It's been over a day since he said he'd do a re-read, so I'm expecting him to post something relatively soon. Otherwise he's been leaving us hanging for too long, and I'll place my vote on him. I'll be around before deadline if necessary, but Kefit's lack of vig and lack of content today don't exactly fill me with glee.

« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »
Yes, Mistress.

My patients is beginning to wear thin anyway. 

##Unvote
##Vote: Kefit

He has absolutely no presence on day one or two, And has only commented on a few people when he did post. Despite this, he's been given no pressure at all this entire game, usually because he's provided adequate and often real excuses for why he's not here.

Out of the Sodium case yesterday, I believe Kefit is actually the second most likely to be busing (After Jam, of course) Kefit's argument seems heavily planned. It's not on as much of a whim as it should be, and the Case is just based off of a single thing Sodium did. Rou is right in calling Appeal to Authority on it, and what makes it seem more like something they planned out together was that Kefit had presented counter arguments which he deconstructed in the same post. This looks more like the result of a brainstorming session.

Add to that the fact that Kefit has not shot at all last night, given the excuse that he didn't feel Jam was scummy enough for it. Now that it's detrimental to have Kefit shoot gives MafiaKefit the perfect leeway, since he no longer has to prove he can shoot.

I think Kefit being a Serial killer is unlikely at this point, since He would have no reason to counterclaim or even make a case on Sodium if this were the case. There's also the issue of there only being One Night Kill every night - I don't think there is another potential night kill in play.

Kefit

« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »
Halfway through a reread, I'll get something posted up soon. We've still got plenty of time folks, no need to rush into votes yet.

« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »
Halfway through a reread, I'll get something posted up soon. We've still got plenty of time folks, no need to rush into votes yet.

Actually, we probably should have voted a while ago, thanks to Nitori's brand new invention: The unvote.

Kefit

« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Oho, I was unaware that that rule was abolished. Makes me wonder why you guys are putting the onus of discussion and taking stances upon me, but whatever.

Clearly no one reads votecounts. Further, given the rule changes EVERY DAY, I'd think checking the rules at the start of every day would be instinct at this point :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:50:21 PM by AnncertainKoulter »

Kefit

« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »
I'm still exhausted from the con and my head hurts like hell after a full day of school today, so this post will be a bit more brusque than is usual from me.

Edible
Supported and employed Pesco's vote confusion tactics - that is, adding in additional and largely unnecessary vote types - on day one (see: here and here. Pesco placed the first evict on the d1 wagon against Edible. Has not contributed much since then, but did place the third real vote on the Pesco wagon d2, which was the deciding vote for the lynch.

Rou
Pesco and Sodium initially vote for him to be king d1. Placed the first evict vote against Pesco, which would eventually become a wagon. Can't seem to make up his mind on whether I am scummy or not. First he suggests that even thinking about using my vig was scummy, then the results of Sodium's scum flip make him "pretty sure that Kefit isn't scum" but in the same post says he's torn between lynching Jam or me for today, and finally expresses frustration that I didn't shoot last night, in seeming contradiction to his d3 post declaring a shot to be a very bad idea.

Zakeri
Defended Pesco and his vote confusion tactics on d1. Posted chaff about not having intent to "dodge responsibility" for the Nietz lynch on d1. Continued to defend Pesco on d2, but then suddenly changes his stance to preferring a Pesco lynch, followed by placing the second real vote on Pesco. Worth noting that Pesco voted for Zakeri d2.

Despite all this, Zakeri's doubling power has been confirmed by Rou, and it doesn't seem to be something that would make any sense in the hands of the scum. Rou wouldn't lie about this unless he was scum, which would probably mean that both Zakeri and Rou are scum - which I very much doubt is the case due to the game size.

Jam
Basically no real contribution as far as scum hunting goes, but has made continual attempts to appear active, such as keeping track of evict counts and her response to Edible's roleclaim (gone into with more detail by me here). Was ready to give up and die d3, which strikes me as reminiscent of when she did the same thing in Himelander. Sodium voted against Jam basically the entire game, despite the presence of wagons voting elsewhere. Hammered Sodium on d3. Has made a dubious roleclaim, especially considering that town has already had one roleblocker.

Analysis
Zakeri's behavior on the first couple of days with regards to Pesco bugs the hell out of me, but I simply cannot see him as scum after Rou confirmed his power.

Edible hasn't given much to go off of lately. He supported Pesco's tactics d1, but placed the deciding vote that lynched Pesco on d2. His attempts to add to vote confusion d1 seem to be in line with his signature selfish play, which Kilga averred to on d1. Gets a pass from me now, though I think he deserves a real careful look if he is still alive tomorrow.

Rou is basically the opposite of Zakeri. His play the first couple of days was great for town, first in suggesting the evict system to get around mod assholeness, and second in starting the case against Pesco d2. However, his wishy washy attitudes towards me since I roleclaimed yesterday is disconcerting, though it reminds me of his cautious attitude towards me near the end of Himelander (in which Rou was town).

Jam hasn't done anything except pretend to be active. Her roleclaim doesn't make any real sense unless UK is being especially assholish with this setup. Placed the hammer vote on Sodium after it became inevitable that Sodium would be lynched d3. The train lead by Sodium against Jam all game has made me hesitate, but after a full thread review I agree with Rou's stance that this train seemed too random in origin and too strangely consistent to be a scum vs town train. Jam's rolling over and dying behavior may be an attempt to take advantage of meta from Himelander, and I suppose that I should trust the meta knowledge held by those of you who have played in more than one game with her.

Vote: Jam

Kefit

« Reply #497 on: April 06, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »
EBWOP

Made a misread of the the post on which I stated that Zakeri was defending Pesco on d2 (linked again here). Zakeri was actually advocating a Pesco lynch in that post for information gathering, which is consistent with his later posts in d2. He was already looking good before due to his roleclaim, but I guess this makes him look better.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #498 on: April 06, 2010, 03:26:34 AM »
Spoiler:
The Twenthieth "Song to be linked" Vote Count

"Flavor to be quoted"

Mod Note: I figured you all would want one of these since I won't wake up until about 3 hours before deadline.

1. Jam (1): Kefit
3. Kefit (1): Zakeri
7. Edible (0)
11. Roukanken (0)
12. Zakeri (0)

Not Voting (3): Edible, Jam, Roukanken

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
Deadline is in 12 hours at 12 PM EST, Tuesday, April 6

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2010, 04:13:12 AM »
I don't care anymore. D:
Though I suppose I think it'd be nice to see town win for once...

So...
Kefit: Didn't post anything at all really at first [yes there was a legit excuse I know]. The only time he really did post he got everyone to follow his suggestion, which is quite a feat. His reasoning seemed spot on, and he took into account EVERY SINGLE thing Sodium could have done.
Possibly them working together as was suggested above...

Rou: He still seems pretty solid to me. He tends to mention his thoughts on everyone for the most part and show reasoning.

Zak: Did a lot of not so hot stuff towards the start, but after his roleclaim the spotlight's been off him.

Hmmm... I'll just Vote Zakeri and we'll see what happens.

P.S.: Jam just got a job and will thus not be around until quite a while after the day ends. D: I may pop in again before I go to sleep though....

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
First he suggests that even thinking about using my vig was scummy
Blatant misrep. If you'll read the linked post in full, you'll see that I was irritated because you were willing to shoot if we mislynched that day, when we would be in Mylo (Lylo following the upcoming scum kill). I even say here that 'If Sodium flips scum, use your vig', so there's no contradiction here.

Quote from: Kefit
then the results of Sodium's scum flip make him "pretty sure that Kefit isn't scum" but in the same post says he's torn between lynching Jam or me for today
Again, third-party is a genuine risk in my eyes, because it means there could be a joint win with scum if we mislynch today.

Zak raising the possibility that Kefit may have been bussing Sodium hard is something I didn't consider, and makes me wonder if I overlooked the possibility of Scum!Kefit a little too soon.

So I'm left with Kefit's reread, which is half IIoA and half 'wait, the person I didn't want to vig last night is scummy after all!' and Jam's apathetic departure with a vote on Zakeri, of all people. Still don't suspect Zak based on his role, still don't suspect Edible for being on both scum lynches thus far, so really I'm down to two suspects atm.

Of those two, at least Kefit is making an effort to contribute. Jam's content today has been, in a word, abysmal. Her last-ditch vote on Zak comes with the most apathetic analysis I've ever seen ('I'll just vote Zak and see what happens' for doing some 'not-so-hot stuff'? Really?) and makes me really wonder if I've just been overthinking the case on Kefit all this time.

##Vote: Jam

Edible

« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »
I'll vote Jam when it comes down to the wire.  For the record, I can provide clears for everyone except Jam, which makes her the best lynch by default.

« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
Yo, I'm also here in case I need to switch or something.

Jam lynch is fine with me.  If She's scum, we win. If not, it only adds to the Kefit-Scum theory.

Edible

« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »
I believe it is now "the wire."

##vote Jam

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
Yep, a lynch happened. Lemme get you a votecount and remember what role Jam had :P

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »
Spoiler:
The Twenty-First "Parallel Days"[url] Vote Count

"How dare you kidnap Mikuru?"

Mod Note: So yeah, I'm running out of songs and I can't be arsed to find accurate quotes.

1. Jam (3): Kefit, Roukanken, Edible
3. Kefit (1): Zakeri
7. Edible (0)
11. Roukanken (0)
12. Zakeri (1): Jam

Not Voting (0)
Jam-Kiske has been lynched

Deadline is NOW at 12 PM EST, Tuesday, April 6

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #506 on: April 06, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
*insert dramatic fake quotes here of Haruhi discussing the game with someone, discovering Kyoko Tachibana is in the club, evicting her for kidnapping Mikuru at one point, and finding out she's town*

Jam-Kiske, Kyoko Tachibana, Townie Disabler, lynched D4

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #507 on: April 06, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
It is now night 4, please give me your actions in 24 hours

UncertainJakutten

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: NIGHT FOUR!
« Reply #508 on: April 08, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »
"Four people left. Four. Is this all that's left of my brigade? WE STARTED WITH FIVE! Are you all such utter failures that you can't find a simple murderer!?"

"Three people Haruhi."

"What's that-"

*gunshot*

"Three people, as I said"

Haruhi's dead body slumps down, and somehow you all completely miss who the culprit is. Ah well, hope you figure them out today

Sorry about the lateness, I've been out most of today. Anyway, I'll probably throw some cute flavor up later, but Edible's dead

Edible, Suzumiya Haruhi, Townie Dreaming God, has been shot N4

So yeah, all new rules have been cleared. Again
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:47:01 AM by AnncertainKoulter »

UncertainJakutten

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: NIGHT FOUR!
« Reply #509 on: April 08, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »
Spoiler:
The Twenty Second "Start of Day Five" Vote Count

"A picture of you sleeping with a stupid look on your face totally oblivious to the dangers of this trip serves as a warning to future generations!"

Mod Note: So, I may not be here to update at deadline, hopefully the game will be over before then.

3. Kefit (0)
11. Roukanken (0)
12. Zakeri (0)

Not Voting (3): Kefit, Roukanken, Zakeri

Deadline is in 72 hours at 9 PM EST, Saturday, April 10