Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 142730 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »
> "Gotta be careful then..."
> "Anyway, can you fill me in on some of the history of this world?"
>She nods in agreement.

>"Well, I don't know all that much. I grew up in Wintervale, like a lot of the people living in the village did. A while back, I don't remember if it was several months or a year... well, Wintervale was getting crowded. A woman named Estelle showed up and offered to have some people move into a new village down south, so some of us did... and since then, Estelle's bothering us and bringing people from your world to play her "game"."

"Not everyone in the village came from Wintervale, though. Dimitri, who collects things; he was already there when we came. Azalea, who lived a bit away from the village; she was already there, too. And then that grouch Gestrel moved in shortly after, and I know he isn't from Wintervale."

>The two of you slowly head deeper into the forest. Sometimes you hear far away rustling, or some birds singing, but other then that it's quiet and peaceful.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2010, 11:54:49 PM »
>Look around for cool, weird outworld things.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2010, 12:26:28 AM »
>Look around for cool, weird outworld things.
>You keep your eyes and ears open, and after you get deep into the forest, you start hearing a faint high-pitched noise. It gets louder as you continue down the path, and before long Veronica starts hearing it too. "I... I think that sounds like a fairy. A fairy that's yelling pretty loudly."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2010, 12:30:15 AM »
>What sort of yell does it sound like?
>Follow along.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »
>What sort of yell does it sound like?
>Follow along.
>As you get closer, you think it's a cry of desperation. Then, it changes; now you're pretty sure they're yelling "Help!"

>Follow along what?

>You continue along the path, and soon Veronica stops you, pointing to the right. "I think it's coming from somewhere over there."

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
>"Let's go then."
>Onward!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »
>"Let's go then."
>Onward!
>"Yeah, that fairy really sounds like it's in trouble.", Veronica replies.

>After you get off the path, the forest is much harder to navigate. There's all kinds of trees and bushes in the way, but thankfully your jeans and coat keep you from getting scraped much.

The yelling gets closer as you get through the plants, and before long you reach a clearing. At the other end, you see a panicked fairy trapped in a large web. Whatever made a web that big is NOT something you want to meet anytime soon. As the fairy sees you, she cries out "Help me get out of here before it comes back!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
>Grimace.
>Oh god that's gotta be a huge spider.
>Marvel at the faerie. But not too long.
>Look for a rock to use to poke at the web strands, in case it is string enough to catch people, too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2010, 01:31:18 AM »
>Grimace.
>Oh god that's gotta be a huge spider.
>Marvel at the faerie. But not too long.
>Look for a rock to use to poke at the web strands, in case it is string enough to catch people, too.
>You're good at that! You grimace so intensely, that when Veronica looks at you, she takes a step away.

>Oh god you hate spiders crap crap crap time to get the hell out of dodge

>Then again... that fairy is so cute, even when she's in mortal terror. You can't just leave her here!

>It only takes a second to find a good sized rock on the ground. You poke at the webbing with it, and you don't have much trouble pulling it back. But if you, say, tripped and fell on the web, you don't think you could get back out without help.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2010, 01:40:48 AM »
>How big is this faerie, anyways?
>"Hey, is it alright if I hold onto you to keep you and the web steady while I cut you loose?"
>If she allows it, do so and start using the rock to apply pressure to break the web strands, or abuse a sharp edge if it has one.
>Try not to let the faerie fall.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2010, 01:55:16 AM »
>How big is this faerie, anyways?
>"Hey, is it alright if I hold onto you to keep you and the web steady while I cut you loose?"
>If she allows it, do so and start using the rock to apply pressure to break the web strands, or abuse a sharp edge if it has one.
>Try not to let the faerie fall.
>Maybe a foot tall. She isn't very big.
>She sniffs, and you realize she had started crying while she yelled for help because she thought nobody was coming. "Well... o-okay."
>You hold her left leg (gently, since it's like a twig), and start using a sharp edge of the rock to cut through the strand her leg is stuck on. It takes a few seconds, but it isn't difficult to cut through.

You move on to her left arm, but you don't know how you'll get the top of her out; she's too high up for you to reach there.

>You hear Veronica start talking, and she says "Oh, I see what you're doing! I'll try to magic up something to cut with, but it'll take a minute."

>There's a rustling noise; it's far away, but you can hear it. You might not have a whole lot of time left to free the fairy. You've got her left arm free, and start cutting the strings around her left wings.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2010, 01:56:56 AM »
>Stand on tip-toes. If there is a stump or a rock or something, use it as a step stool.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »
>Stand on tip-toes. If there is a stump or a rock or something, use it as a step stool.
>Unfortunately, you're doing that already! And you don't see any stumps around.
>You've got the left side of her free, but with the angle she got stuck in, her right side is too high to reach. Her freed half floats in the air weakly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2010, 02:12:20 AM »
>Frown, look and see how Veronica is doing.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:22 AM »
>Listen for the creepy crawly

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »
>Look for a good reachin' stick, if Veronica doesn't seem to be coming through.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2010, 02:29:59 AM »
>Frown, look and see how Veronica is doing.
>You frown at your predicament, and look over at Veronica. She seems to just be twiddling her thumbs. Then again, you don't know how magic works; she could be bringing about the apocalypse for all you know.
>Listen for the creepy crawly
>It still sounds fairly far away, thankfully.
>Look for a good reachin' stick, if Veronica doesn't seem to be coming through.
>After a little bit of searching, you find a stick that should serve whatever purposes you have in mind. You look over at Veronica again; you think you can see a little light around her hands, but still nothing much.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »
>"How long is that going to take?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2010, 02:33:44 AM »
>Use the stick to try to forcibly sever the webs on the faerie's right.
>Assuming this works, keep a hold on her so she doesn't fall, seeing as she'll still probably have web bits and be suboptimally aerodynamic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2010, 02:44:21 AM »
>"How long is that going to take?"
>She looks up. "Err... I'm not sure." Then she gets back to work on it.
>Use the stick to try to forcibly sever the webs on the faerie's right.
>Assuming this works, keep a hold on her so she doesn't fall, seeing as she'll still probably have web bits and be suboptimally aerodynamic.
>You swing at the web with the stick. Unfortunately, you don't have enough leverage to break the web easily this way. You keep at it though, and in a little bit you might sever another strand. This won't be able to free the fairy in time, though.

>The rustling sounds slightly closer, but still not close enough to really worry yet.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2010, 02:46:33 AM »
>Spit on the web in hopes it weakens the web
>"Hey Veronica, would shooting a laser be faster?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2010, 02:55:19 AM »
>Spit on the web in hopes it weakens the web
>"Hey Veronica, would shooting a laser be faster?"
>You spit on it, but you don't think it helps much.
>As you look back at Veronica, the light around her hands is a bit brighter, and seems more concentrated into one spot. "Well, err... I don't really know how! I'm still learning most stuff... I'm best at working magic on an object, so far."

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2010, 02:56:33 AM »
>Redirect attention at fairy
>"Don't worry we'll get you out"
>Give a reassuring smile

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2010, 03:00:35 AM »
>Stay ready to give the spider a faceful of stick.
>...Wait, what if it's a talking spider? Oh man, that'd make things hard.
>Be ready to try to speak with the spider, then bash it on the face if it doesn't back off. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2010, 03:08:06 AM »
>Redirect attention at fairy
>"Don't worry we'll get you out"
>Give a reassuring smile
>You look back at the fairy, say some reassuring words, and smile. She looks a little bit calmer.
>Stay ready to give the spider a faceful of stick.
>...Wait, what if it's a talking spider? Oh man, that'd make things hard.
>Be ready to try to speak with the spider, then bash it on the face if it doesn't back off. Yeah, that's the ticket.
>You wield the stick forcefully!
>That would be even creepier then a regular spider. Eeeeew, blech.
>Yeah. You could do that. Maybe. The sounds are starting to get close enough to worry you... you think you have about a minute left before it shows up.
>Veronica excitedly says, "I think I've almost got it!" It does kinda look like she has a little knife of light there. Hopefully light is good for cutting monster spider webs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »
>"Keep going!"
>Pay attention to those noises.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:24 AM »
>"Keep going!"
>Pay attention to those noises.
>The rustling is steadily getting louder now. You have probably less then a minute.
>"Okay, I think I can cut with it now!" she says, and runs over to the web. "Aaaah~ I can't reach high enough~"

>...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2010, 03:31:12 AM »
>It's faeries that are supposed to be short, dangit!
>"I'll lift you up, just be quick and catch her!"
>Drop stick, grab Veronica by waist, make with the lifting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2010, 03:39:16 AM »
>It's faeries that are supposed to be short, dangit!
>"I'll lift you up, just be quick and catch her!"
>Drop stick, grab Veronica by waist, make with the lifting.
>You can't believe she just spent 3 minutes making a magic knife when you had a perfectly fine rock...

>Thankfully, you get an idea! You quickly tell it to Veronica, who nods and turns back to the web as you drop the stick and grab her waist, lifting her up. The magic knife cuts through the web easily, and the fairy is quickly free and floating away from the web, strings hanging down from her body. "Quick, run away!", she warns, before flying off.

>The rustling noise is loud. Really loud. Actually, you can see the bushes next to the web moving... oh shit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2010, 03:46:45 AM »
>Replace Veronica on the earth.
>Make with the running.