Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 142839 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
>Check for stuff to write with/on

>We do have a pen and notepad just for the occasion.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:48 PM »
>Evaluate slam/jam skills
>Check for stuff to write with/on
>Ask her about what's around the town
>Ask if people often get turned to stone.
>You already asked this! Well, basically the same thing, at least.

>Purvis is very correct on this matter; you got them from your room.

>"Hmm... well, there's the house Azalea lived in too, to the east. And there's the shrine you came from, south of town. Further south is just forest, nothing special that we know about."

"Anywhere else from town is a forest too, but through the northern forest you can reach another village, Wintervale, in the northeast. Northwest in the forest should be Estelle's mansion. And also, there's the river we get our water from and irrigate the fields with, which flows in from the northern forest too."

"The only other thing I know about would be... the fairy that lives with Midori, she says that most fairies live in a certain place in the forest, with the Fairy Queen. But she also told me that most people can't find their way to it, especially if the fairies don't want them to."

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »
>"Are the faeries friendly?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2010, 10:48:23 PM »
>"Are the faeries friendly?"
>"The one that lives with Midori is! I don't know if the rest are, though. I remember that Masha said they're like the spirits of nature, if that helps."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
>Rate faeries on the personal awesomemeter of fantasmic creatures.
>"What other places are there, out there?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
> Resolve to make Estelle pay for messing with this little girl's friends.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
>Rate faeries on the personal awesomemeter of fantasmic creatures.
>"What other places are there, out there?"
>You haven't met any yet. But you bet they're pretty awesome.
>"Well, I can't think of anything else... I think I've heard something about an Ice Palace near Wintervale."
> Resolve to make Estelle pay for messing with this little girl's friends.
>Yeah! Not to mention all the people she's apparently made disappear; especially considering you're next in line.

>One of the houses open; you think it's the one Stella said Veronica, the Witch-In-Training lived in. She looks like a girl in her teens, about your height and age. She's wearing a purple dress with yellow sun and moon images on it, and a matching tophat covering her wavy blonde hair, which reaches to her armpits.

As she comes out and walks over to the two of you, she says "Oh, people say the Ice Queen Istill lives in that palace. I haven't heard of anyone going inside it though; at least, no one's come back out to talk about it."

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
>Contemplate recruiting help in winning this "game" of hers. Find some brave/foolish villagers perhaps?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
>Wave to Veronica. If she's approaching, greet her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
>Contemplate recruiting help in winning this "game" of hers. Find some brave/foolish villagers perhaps?
>If Stella was right about having to off Estelle in order to win, this would be a pretty good idea. Even without help, you would at least have to be taught how to fight, and preferably find some magical weapons.
>Wave to Veronica. If she's approaching, greet her.
>You wave, and introduce yourself. "So Berkeley, you're the latest in "Mona Lisa"'s homicidal hobby?" Stella gives her a glare. Veronica leans over and sticks her tongue out in response.

Well, what a mature place this is. Pretty awesome!

"Well, I'm Veronica Spinelli, Junior Witch, and it's nice to meet you! I was about to head off to Wintervale, myself; we haven't heard from them in awhile, and I thought I should make sure nothing's wrong."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2010, 12:29:12 AM »
>"That's the other village, isn't it? What's over there?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »
>"That's the other village, isn't it? What's over there?"
>"Well, not long after you come out of the forest at that side, you can see Wintervale. After Wintervale is the Ice Palace, and beyond that are the Frozen Cliffs. We don't know what's above the cliffs."

Now Stella jumps into the conversation again; "From what I've heard, Wintervale gets it's name from the cold weather that seems to radiate from the Ice Palace, right?" Veronica nods, and then Stella continues.

"The people there have to use magical barriers to keep the cold away, or the town would be in Winter season all year long! My mom said Grannie May helped invent the spell for the barrier; Grannie May knows a whole lot of stuff like that!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2010, 12:42:04 AM »
>"That sounds neat. Wonder if they got snowed in?"
>Introduce self.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
> Contemplate heading off with Veronica.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
>"That sounds neat. Wonder if they got snowed in?"
>Introduce self.
>Veronica shakes her head. "Because of the barriers to keep away the cold magic, it should only snow in the village when it's winter. Besides; they have a magical jewel they use to transfer items and messages to our village, and they'd have told us if that happened! That's why I'm worried. There's no reason we shouldn't have heard from them in a week."

>You did that a minute ago!

> Contemplate heading off with Veronica.
>This could be beneficial. If she's studying magic, maybe she could explain how to use it; or even how you could use the Orb! Jigen told you someone had tried to rebel against Estelle using the Orb, after all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2010, 12:56:53 AM »
>"Mind if I tag along? I think it'd probably be a good idea if I figured out what things are like here."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2010, 01:22:29 AM »
> Crap.  Ponder if the orb we have is Wintervale's orb.
> Ask Veronica and show her the orb.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »
>"Mind if I tag along? I think it'd probably be a good idea if I figured out what things are like here."
>"Sure! Especially if something bad has happened, it'd be best if I wasn't alone."

> Crap.  Ponder if the orb we have is Wintervale's orb.
> Ask Veronica and show her the orb.
>Oooh, that wouldn't be good.

>You decide you better ask. "Huh? I don't know about any special orb they ha-" as you pull the orb out, she stifles a shriek. "Wh-where did you get that?! That's the Orb Azalea used when she went to defeat Estelle...!"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2010, 01:53:15 AM »
> "You can thank Jigen, the Goddess who has next to 0 faith and is bordering on death. Apperently, she needs faith to survive."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2010, 01:57:57 AM »
>"Uh, it was in my room."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »
> "You can thank Jigen, the Goddess who has next to 0 faith and is bordering on death. Apperently, she needs faith to survive."
>"She had it? Well, I guess Estelle put it in there since no one would find it... and yes, from what I know about faith, Goddesses are like that. Its just that it usually doesn't become a problem, especially since most goddesses don't have their own little universe; even if it isn't very big."

>"Uh, it was in my room."
>Unless you're trying to lie here, I think this was a bit of a misunderstanding due to strange physics. When I said "behind the door", I meant in Jigen's World that was behind the door, not in Berkeley's room behind it. It gets confusing when you've got a doorway floating there that has two different places behind it...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
>Definitely confusion! No need to lie to the peoples.
>Correct to: "It was somewhere in Jigen's world. I really can't explain it right. But she was very nice and helpful, I don't think she really wanted to keep it from you guys."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
>Definitely confusion! No need to lie to the peoples.
>Correct to: "It was somewhere in Jigen's world. I really can't explain it right. But she was very nice and helpful, I don't think she really wanted to keep it from you guys."
>It's probably the least physically realistic place the in game, so you're forgiven!

>Veronica sighs. "If Estelle really gave it to her for safekeeping, she's gonna blow a gasket if she finds out Jigen gave it to you. Try to keep it a secret from her for awhile, if you can. If you have the Orb, it really might be possible to stop her for good..." The young witch seems to be thinking hard about this.

After a minute, she starts talking again. "With the Orb, I think you might just have a chance at beating Estelle. I wish I could thank Jigen for this, however... only Sister Masha, or perhaps the Fairy Queen could know how to help her now. But we're still trying to learn a way to fix the petrification, and I can't find the Fairies' Forest; trust me, I've tried."

Now Stella pipes up. "I bet Granny May knows a way to cure petrification!", she says. "Since you're going to Wintervale anyway, you should ask her!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
>This is a lot of heavy business.
>Holy crap, we could be a hero for reals~
>"I'll try to keep it on the lowdown. The story is that she was asleep and I snuck by her. So, um, how does this orb thing stop Estelle?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
>This is a lot of heavy business.
>Holy crap, we could be a hero for reals~
>"I'll try to keep it on the lowdown. The story is that she was asleep and I snuck by her. So, um, how does this orb thing stop Estelle?"
>Yeah... maybe you should keep track of the important stuff using the notepad so you don't forget! It'd be like a Quest list in one of those games you've played before!

>Oooh, maybe this "game" will be fun after all! If you don't get killed. ):

>"Estelle isn't one to go easy on someone for mistakes." Stella nods in agreement as Veronica continues, "Well, I don't think anyone knows everything about the Orb, so you should probably ask around."

"From what I do know, it's a great magical artifact that has some link to magic, faith, and spirits. If you're able to use it, you might be able to cast magical attacks and spells. That'd be good, since I don't think most people from your world are normally able to use magic."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
>"Yeah, how come people from my world can't use magic and stuff?"
>Pause.
>"Hey, how come you know about it?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »
>"Yeah, how come people from my world can't use magic and stuff?"
>Pause.
>"Hey, how come you know about it?"
>Veronica thinks for a moment, then replies "I think it's supposed to have something to do with your world's goddess, but I don't know much about the subject."

>You pause for a moment, then voice your second question. "How do I know about your world? Estelle's made no secret of the fact that she brings people here from your world, and the rest we figured out with the other people she's lured to this place. Nobody knows how she does it, though."

She turns towards the side of the village that opens to the path leading into the forest, and begins to walk away, saying "If you've got more questions, I can answer them on the way to Wintervale; come on!"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
> ROAD TRIP!
> Bid Stella farewell.
> Follow Veronica.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
> ROAD TRIP!
> Bid Stella farewell.
> Follow Veronica.
>If only you could rent a convertible! But, it probably wouldn't fit through your closet door, so...

>You wave goodbye to Stella, and begin to follow Veronica outside of the village. It only takes a minute of walking before you reach the entrance to the forest. From what you can see without entering, the path through the forest is fairly dark, with some patches of sunlight coming through the trees here and there.

Veronica pauses for a moment in front of the forest, before entering, saying "As long as we keep to the path, we should be fine. The animals and fairies don't usually mess with humans unless they've got a reason, but... well, the people Estelle mess with probably don't just disappear into thin air. Stella suspects she has minions she sends to attack them."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »
> "Gotta be careful then..."
> "Anyway, can you fill me in on some of the history of this world?"