Author Topic: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 90342 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: January 22, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »
> Greet Marisa and Patchy, try not to swoon
> "Umu...yes, we did. Have you heard about the recent...difficulties between Reimu and Byakuren? I imagine so since Reimu says you were there for the first part of it"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #691 on: January 22, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
> Greet Marisa and Patchy, try not to swoon
> "Umu...yes, we did. Have you heard about the recent...difficulties between Reimu and Byakuren? I imagine so since Reimu says you were there for the first part of it"

>You do your best to keep your swooning in check. You hope your tie is straight...
>Patchouli nods. "Marisa has kept me apprised of the situation, yes. And I was there when Tenshi found that UFO."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #692 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
>"I hate to come into your house like this and say such distressing things but...honestly I can only narrow it down to two people since I honestly don't believe that Byakuren has any reason to spy on Reimu. Given what Reimu's said, either you or Tewi have something to do with it. Obviously, I think we know who I want to accuse. But, to be completely fair, I have to ask you about it as well so that the investigation doesn't leave any loose ends. I did kinda promise Reimu. So...what do you know about the UFOs, and do you have any reason to think you had anything to do with them, Patchy?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #693 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
>"I hate to come into your house like this and say such distressing things but...honestly I can only narrow it down to two people since I honestly don't believe that Byakuren has any reason to spy on Reimu. Given what Reimu's said, either you or Tewi have something to do with it. Obviously, I think we know who I want to accuse. But, to be completely fair, I have to ask you about it as well so that the investigation doesn't leave any loose ends. I did kinda promise Reimu. So...what do you know about the UFOs, and do you have any reason to think you had anything to do with them, Patchy?"

>Patchouli has a drink from her Commemorative Stein, then gives you a frown. "As I understand it, they are things that Nue created, but do not take my word for it. I've never particularly bothered to research into them, to be honest. I've had more pressing work these past weeks. And no, I have nothing to do with them at all. I would say that it is most likely Reimu is dead on in her suspicions."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #694 on: January 22, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »
>"Alright. Why do you think Byakuren has any reason to spy on Reimu? Any data you can provide would be nice. I do understand you are busy, and I should probably talk to Nue after this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #695 on: January 22, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
>"Alright. Why do you think Byakuren has any reason to spy on Reimu? Any data you can provide would be nice. I do understand you are busy, and I should probably talk to Nue after this."

>Patchouli nods. "I would speak with Nue, yes. I admit, I don't know Tewi very well, but I don't think she is involved. Things such as the UFOs strike me as a step beyond her capacity."

>_

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #696 on: January 22, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
> Engage crazy reisen voice.
> "Trust me, You don't know what shes capable of. You'll never know."
> Recompose self.
> "Anyway, I do see your point on it not being her style."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #697 on: January 22, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »
>"You don't live with her. She'd do this for the lulz if she found a way how. She might even incorporate Nue into her plans. She doesn't necessarily need to be directly controlling them. But...umu...I'm sorry, but I note you didn't answer with any theory for why Byakuren needs to spy on Reimu..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #698 on: January 22, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
> Engage crazy reisen voice.
> "Trust me, You don't know what shes capable of. You'll never know."
> Recompose self.
> "Anyway, I do see your point on it not being her style."

>"I see." Says Patchouli evenly. "Well, I suspect the fastest way to find out would be to find her. If not, go through her things and see if you can find any hint she's been dabbling into that kind of thing."

>"You don't live with her. She'd do this for the lulz if she found a way how. She might even incorporate Nue into her plans. She doesn't necessarily need to be directly controlling them. But...u?...I'm sorry, but I note you didn't answer with any theory for why Byakuren needs to spy on Reimu..."

>Patchouli nods along with your theorizing. "I don't know why she would do it. Then again, I don't know why Byakuren would do a lot of the things she has supposedly done. She honestly does not strike me as the kind who would do that. But, I cannot say the same for her followers."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #699 on: January 22, 2010, 10:13:20 PM »
>"hmm...would you elaborate? Why would her followers spy on Reimu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #700 on: January 22, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »
>"hmm...would you elaborate? Why would her followers spy on Reimu?"

>"I suspect, personally, that they are a little threatened by the other established faiths." Patchouli says. "In my experience, they are all eager to build that temple and make themselves look legitimate. It would not surprise me if they were suspicion of the other faiths being so willing to let them move in on their territory without some sort of trouble."
>You start as something brushes up against ankle.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #701 on: January 22, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »
>Examine what is brushing against your ankle. The puppy, perhaps?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #702 on: January 22, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »
>Examine what is brushing against your ankle. The puppy, perhaps?

>Your suspicions are correct! It is a young Basset Hound sniffing at your feet. She is composed of thick droopy skin, stumpy legs, and absolute adorableness.

>_

Chaore

« Reply #703 on: January 22, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »
> Oh good god it is adorabubble. Resist...distraction...stay on task!
> "It would sound plausible, Do you think any in particular would be up to this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #704 on: January 22, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
> Oh good god it is adorabubble. Resist...distraction...stay on task!
> "It would sound plausible, Do you think any in particular would be up to this?"

>"Nazrin is certainly sneaky enough," says Patchouli, with a note of sourness in her voice. "Murasa, might, but I think she is too straight forward for that kind of thing. Shou is certainly devoted enough to the cause to consider underhanded measures. Ichirin, I could not tell you. She is a mystery to me."
>The young Basset Hound begins to wag her tail and bark at you. Oh right, they're rabbit hunting dogs, aren't they?

>_

Chaore

« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
> ...Lets hope Flandre doesn't take that in anyway.
> "So basically all of them. Right, I'll have to check out on them."

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #706 on: January 22, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
> "Also, when did you get a puppy, it is adorable."

> Maybe Reimu was looking for an excuse to beat up Byakuren for a while now, and these UFOs were the perfect chance...

> Can we see any books that seem particlarly interesting to us from here?
Wotters gonna' wot

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #707 on: January 22, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
>"Oh, and by the way... do you think you could teach me how to evaluate a person's Catness Rating? I heard you were very good at this."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #708 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
> ...Lets hope Flandre doesn't take that in anyway.
> "So basically all of them. Right, I'll have to check out on them."

>Patchouli nods. "I would be careful about how you go about that. If they are behind it and they get suspicious, they do have you outnumbered."
>The young basset hound continues to bark at you.

> "Also, when did you get a puppy, it is adorable."

> Maybe Reimu was looking for an excuse to beat up Byakuren for a while now, and these UFOs were the perfect chance...

> Can we see any books that seem particlarly interesting to us from here?

>"Isn't she?" says Patchouli. She then leans over the table. "Elise, please show some respect to our guest."
>The young Basset Hound stops barking. She climbs into an empty chair and curls up, watching you suspiciously.
>You ponder if Reimu might be exaggerating just to have an excuse to bear up Byakuren. It is plausible, Reimu is known to throw spellcards first and ask questions later...
>The only books whose titles you can make out the ones on the table. They seems to be dry, dull-looking tomes of magic.

>"Oh, and by the way... do you think you could teach me how to evaluate a person's Catness Rating? I heard you were very good at this."

>"I suppose I could teach you the basics," says Patchouli. "But why?"

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #709 on: January 22, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »

>You ponder if Reimu might be exaggerating just to have an excuse to bear up Byakuren. It is plausible, Reimu is known to throw spellcards first and ask questions later...

Oh god, now I can't stop think of Byakuren get mauled by a grizzly bear dressed like Reimu

> "I 'dunno, it seems like an interesting skill to have."
Wotters gonna' wot

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #710 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »
Oh god, now I can't stop think of Byakuren get mauled by a grizzly bear dressed like Reimu.
Or, Reimu wearing a bear costume.

>"I also have a feeling that it might come in handy, during my days off."

Chaore

« Reply #711 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »
> "It'll also make it easier to judge which of the Byakuren Crew is going to catch onto me and how fast."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: January 23, 2010, 12:08:01 AM »
Oh god, now I can't stop think of Byakuren get mauled by a grizzly bear dressed like Reimu

> "I 'dunno, it seems like an interesting skill to have."

Or, Reimu wearing a bear costume.

>"I also have a feeling that it might come in handy, during my days off."

> "It'll also make it easier to judge which of the Byakuren Crew is going to catch onto me and how fast."

>"Very well, then," says Patchouli. "The most important part to consider is that a cat's job is to catch rats..."
>She spends the next few minutes explaining the ins and outs of the catness rating, the importance of basing it on a 96 point scale, and what things vastly influence the scale. By the time she is done, you think you have the basics.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #713 on: January 23, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
>As practice, judge and recite Patchy's catness rating.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #714 on: January 23, 2010, 12:14:49 AM »
>As practice, judge and recite Patchy's catness rating.

>Patchouli's Catness Rating is 41/96
>"Not bad," she says.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #715 on: January 23, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »
>Judge own catness rating
>Ask Patchy what she sees our catness rating as
>If they differ, ask what we did wrong.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #716 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
>Judge own catness rating
>Ask Patchy what she sees our catness rating as
>If they differ, ask what we did wrong.

>Your own Catness rating is 17/96.
>"Differences in estimations, primarily," says Patchouli.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #717 on: January 23, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
>What did Patchy say our catness rating was?
>"Is there any "right" catness rating or is it more of a range?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #718 on: January 23, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »
>What did Patchy say our catness rating was?
>"Is there any "right" catness rating or is it more of a range?"

>"You are a 16/96," says Patchouli.
>"There is a correct one, but you are still learning. It will take time and experience before you can expect to have full accuracy."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #719 on: January 23, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »
>"Ok then, thank you. So, odds are we should talk to Nue next. Just to be on the safe side, you are pretty sure Byakuren herself has nothing to do with this?"