Author Topic: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 90370 times)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
Re: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: January 21, 2010, 12:08:30 AM »
> Name one of the fairies "Meloney". Just because.
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: January 21, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »
> Add side quest: invent Base Six pair of pants
> Ignore fairy cloud, continue on our way to Youkai Mountain

>You have no idea how to go about doing this, but you want it to exist and resolve to make it happen.
>Continuing toward Youkai Mountain requires going west, and toward the cloud of faeries.
>You try to go around it, but are quickly spotted. "Hey!" says one of the faeries. "Hey! Rabbit! This is important!"
>The faeries start to gather around you.

> Name one of the fairies "Meloney". Just because.

>"This is really important!" says the speaking faerie, a little blond you decide to call Meloney. "What's the square root of wisdom?"

>_

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #602 on: January 21, 2010, 12:13:51 AM »
> QUICK, MAKE SOMETHING UP

> "The squere root of wisdom is, of course, inner peace."

> Asses Meloney's cuteness
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »
> QUICK, MAKE SOMETHING UP

> "The squere root of wisdom is, of course, inner peace."

> Asses Meloney's cuteness

>"You don't know anything!" shouts one of the faeries, "Wisdom is integracious to inner peace, not the other way around!"
>"Nu-uh!" shouts another faerie, "It's derivatatious!"
>The faerie you named Meloney is a little on the hefty side, for someone about three feet tall, but it gives her a kind of charm.
>"What's the cube root, then!" shouts another faerie, pointing at you. The others turn to look at you again.

>_

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #604 on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
> "Sorry, but I'm from the moon, our math is different!"

> "I have to do something important right now, can I please go do it? I'll be right back, I promise!"
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: January 21, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »
> "Sorry, but I'm from the moon, our math is different!"

> "I have to do something important right now, can I please go do it? I'll be right back, I promise!"

>"Oooooooooh!" says the crowd as a whole, with sage nods and other such signs of erudite comprehension.
>"This is really important, though!" says one of the faeries. "You could make a difference!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #606 on: January 21, 2010, 03:14:49 AM »
> "...All right, I'll do what I can."
> "The cube root of wisdom is a pretty tricky one. You have to take the sinus wave of wisdom first, so you can get some pi. It needs to be cherry pi, though, otherwise you're stuck. Once you get your cherry pi, you take the integrity of that pi and infinitesimally exponentiate it across the really complex numbers. These aren't just your run of the mill complex numbers, these are really really really complex numbers, like threeve and six hundred schfifty-five. In this case you work things out to get twelveteen. Finally, you'll need to look up twelveteen in your probabiliticious chart. If I remember it right, I believe twelveteen was assigned to Schr?dinger, since he had a bunch of cubes that he puts cats in and people wanted to recognize him for it. Thus, the cube root of wisdom is Schr?dinger."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #607 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »
> "The cube root of wisdom is a pretty tricky one. You have to take the sinus wave of wisdom first, so you can get some pi. It needs to be cherry pi, though, otherwise you're stuck. Once you get your cherry pi, you take the integrity of that pi and infinitesimally exponentiate it across the really complex numbers. These aren't just your run of the mill complex numbers, these are really really really complex numbers, like threeve and six hundred schfifty-five. In this case you work things out to get twelveteen. Finally, you'll need to look up twelveteen in your probabiliticious chart. If I remember it right, I believe twelveteen was assigned to Schr?dinger, since he had a bunch of cubes that he puts cats in and people wanted to recognize him for it. Thus, the cube root of wisdom is Schr?dinger."

That's fucking amazeing.
Wotters gonna' wot

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #608 on: January 21, 2010, 03:20:06 AM »
I have a fancy piece of paper that says I spent four years earning the right to invent bullshit like that.

People always ask me what a math major is good for. This is pretty much it.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:39 AM »

>"See! I told you have to into the other other imaginary numbers!" cries Meloney.
>"Okay, okay..." says another faerie. "Maybe you are onto something!"
>"Ha!" cried Meloney, thrusting a fist into the air. The other faeries cheer, some of them whizzing about the air manically. You're rather surprised none of them collide in mid-air.
>One of them settings on your shoulder. "I like smart people," she says, as she places a silk ribbon around your neck like a scarf. Then she goes to join the rest of the faeries.
>You obtain: Faerie Ribbon
>You have gained the skill: Faelosophy

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #610 on: January 21, 2010, 03:37:20 AM »
>You have gained the skill: Faelosophy

>Is the homophonical nature with Failosophy intentional?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #611 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:02 AM »
>Will the Faerie Ribbon mean anything to other faeries we see in the future, or anyone else?
>Would it have any value in a trade?
>Also, holy fuck at the paragraph of incredible bullshit. That is something worth studying four years to learn to do.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #612 on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:51 AM »
>Is the homophonical nature with Failosophy intentional?

>You should be nice to faeries.

>Will the Faerie Ribbon mean anything to other faeries we see in the future, or anyone else?
>Would it have any value in a trade?
>Also, holy fuck at the paragraph of incredible bullshit. That is something worth studying four years to learn to do.

>You don't know know if it has any trade value. You heard some stories about faerie gifts, but they are not really internally consistent. Faeries are something of a mystery, really. Most people don't pay attention to them, as they're kind of annoying and not strong enough to be a real problem to anyone other than a random farmer.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #613 on: January 21, 2010, 04:31:09 AM »
> "I was glad to help you out with this problem. Unfortunately, I'm needed on Youkai Mountain, so unless there's anything else you need, I'll be going there."
> If the fairies have no other problems, bid them farewell and continue on to Hina's place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #614 on: January 21, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »
> "I was glad to help you out with this problem. Unfortunately, I'm needed on Youkai Mountain, so unless there's anything else you need, I'll be going there."
> If the fairies have no other problems, bid them farewell and continue on to Hina's place

>The faeries don't seem to be paying much attention to you anymore, though you notice that one of them waves as you depart.
>You resume your course to Youkai Mountain, taking the shortcut you discovered through the locked cottage's yard. At the S-shaped curve in the road, you notice that Letty is awake and sitting against a tree, looking dazed. You carry on northwards to Kourindou, then head east toward Youkai Mountain. Passing by the Yakumo household, you soon come to the forest at the foot of the mountain. You head to the eastern part of it, which is rather thick and somewhat intimidating, and quickly find a small house to the south of the path.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #615 on: January 21, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »
> Approach house

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #616 on: January 21, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »
>You approach the house. It does not seem to be hostile.
>It's really a modest house, you doubt it has more than two rooms at most. A few windows dot the walls, not really enough to let in much light. There is quite a bit of ivy and other leafy plants clinging to it; you imagine it would be very hard to see when all the surround trees are in bloom.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #617 on: January 21, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
> Locate door and knock on it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #618 on: January 21, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
> Locate door and knock on it

>You find the door and knock on it. After a few moments you knock again. After a few more moments, you conclude Hina is probably elsewhere. People sure are busy today. Wouldn't it be a bit embarrassing if someone else were trying to deliver a thing to you, as well?

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #619 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
> Head back and meet Letty again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #620 on: January 21, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »
> Head back and meet Letty again.

>You return to the Forest of Magic, where Letty is.
>She is sitting against a tree, her head lolling to the side; looking generally hungover and miserable. She sees you, and gives a groan of acknowledgment.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
> "Anything you need?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #622 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
> "Anything you need?"

>"A new body," she mutters. "Oh that doesn't feel like it's got angry oni in the head..."

>_

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #623 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
> Take out the Bag of herbs and let Letty smell it, maybe that'll help her a bit

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #624 on: January 21, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
> "Well, I can't really help you with that.  Anything else?  Like a drink or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »
> Take out the Bag of herbs and let Letty smell it, maybe that'll help her a bit

>You're pretty sure the herbs have no medical quality, but you bring them out and hold them close. "Ugh. Gonna make me puke," she mumbles.

> "Well, I can't really help you with that.  Anything else?  Like a drink or something?"

>"No more drinks," she says. "Just some water."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
>"What'd you do? Get in a drinking contest?"
>Go look for water that you can carry.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »
> "Would snow work for that? Or is that taboo? I don't really know a whole lot about elementals."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
>"What'd you do? Get in a drinking contest?"
>Go look for water that you can carry.

>"Yeah kinda," says Letty, "Met a rabbit."
>You see a lot of pristine snow. Alternately, you imagine most public establishments could get you something.

> "Would snow work for that? Or is that taboo? I don't really know a whole lot about elementals."

>"No cup," says Letty.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #629 on: January 21, 2010, 05:19:58 PM »
> Reisen has a cup in her bra