Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 153046 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #930 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
Survived 60 seconds of Astronomical Entombing.
Then it started shooting from all sides :V

« Reply #931 on: February 22, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »
IIRC, my first capture was on my 373rd attempt.

155 for me. Promptly forgot the timing soon after. :(
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Bananamatic

« Reply #932 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
Survived 30 seconds of Fantasy Seal: Fader with Youmu only, no vert, no focus, FD

I can do this shit
10 seconds left
raymoooooooo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:13:10 AM by Bananamatic »

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #933 on: February 23, 2010, 02:36:19 AM »
Finally beat Utsuho Normal... using a gazillion continues. But hey I did it. And I captured 4 out of 5 of her spells! (Hell and Heaven Meltdown raaaaahhggg) Hey, this means in theory I can get to stage six with only two lives and still 1cc.

Bananamatic

« Reply #934 on: February 23, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »
I DID IT
FANTASY SEAL: FADER
YOUMU SOLO
NO FOCUS
NO VERTICAL
PACIFIST
FINAL DESTINATION

232 attempts

ebarrett

« Reply #935 on: February 23, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »
Banana's Fantasy Seal timeout reminded me of something I had sworn to do a long time ago: Rising World no vertical. Had given up at roughly 250 attempts a long time ago; the first 150 or so being no focus as well. Got it today in 2  :V

Not bothering with NVNF, though; too much random luckshit involved. I remember being KNIFED SO HARD at the last second at least four times.

« Reply #936 on: February 23, 2010, 04:06:00 AM »
FINALLY

UFO EXTRA CLEARED.

This took way too long. Still probably my best Nue run so far; one bomb on her second midspell, but perfected everything up to Undefined Darkness, which completely fell apart as usual :V Also my first time seeing Nightmare of Heiankyou's third phase and Grude Bow.

Grudge Bow is really damn fun.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:09:20 AM by SenSageUn »

Bananamatic

« Reply #937 on: February 23, 2010, 04:07:49 AM »

ebarrett

« Reply #938 on: February 23, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »
Not bothering with NVNF, though; too much random luckshit involved. I remember being KNIFED SO HARD at the last second at least four times.

Well, turns out I was lying: Rising World NVNF with Youmu. Had to do it twice, in the first I went "Challenge again? Y" asdfafdafafafsdfg. Failed two more times at the last second after that as well before pulling it off again. Also didn't remember I already had 180+ attempts with Youmu. I guess the NF attempts were here and not with Reimu.

Three NV captures in an hour, two being Youmu NVNF.... not bad, not bad at all. Makes up for the 400+ combined failures before, something I didn't think would ever happen.

Formless God

« Reply #939 on: February 23, 2010, 05:31:51 AM »
Holy crap.
Patchy Lunatic, Reimu A. Just a random run but ...

Perfected Koakuma.

Failed the two NDL. That's okay, I'll work on it later.

Captured EVERYTHING ELSE. Agni Shine, Trilithon Shake, Lava Cromlech, Mercury Poison and Forest Blaze.
I should've live captured this, blargh.

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #940 on: February 23, 2010, 07:13:58 AM »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #941 on: February 23, 2010, 11:08:21 AM »
Fantasy heaven Youmu no focus
I find this card to be just path memorising but...well...just look at the history : I completely suck at it
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Formless God

« Reply #942 on: February 23, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »
Just went through my replay stock and noticed an SA NF Stage 4 run where I perfected everything past Midboss!Orin. Sweet.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #943 on: February 23, 2010, 12:24:56 PM »
"Heaven Spider's butterfly-Capturing Web" 3/15
It is seriously the easiest last word...with Reimu/Yukari lolhitbox

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #944 on: February 23, 2010, 02:09:04 PM »

« Reply #945 on: February 23, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »
Lol. Just timed out Asteroid Belt in two tries. Have done it no-focus once too. I like that spell a lot.

whatever here is the nfnv timeout

Cool. Just for the lulz i tried to do this myself. Suffice to say that i didn't do very well. ::)
I took 50 runs against it. Timed it down to 8 seconds. Died. Decided to let Banana keep this for himself. :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:43:50 PM by Zengeku the Viking »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
EoSD (Lunatic) Stage 5 No Deaths No Bombs. I have a replay to boot, but I'll be uploading the stage by itself because... I didn't 1cc.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:53:11 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #947 on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:51 AM »
MArisa B 1CC of SA, completing SA Normal altogether! yus.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #948 on: February 24, 2010, 01:14:44 AM »
Captured every spell card at every difficulty with Border Team.

Also, defeated Mokou with Boundary Team and Magic Team. Ugh. I DON'T want to go through that crap ever again. *goes to try with Koumakan duo and Ghost duo*
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:16:33 AM by Always Mew⑨ »

Formless God

« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2010, 05:46:33 AM »
Murdered a CPU ... Tewi in PoFV. Why can't I upload my replay here though ? :(

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #950 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »
Awww yeah. Beat Cancer-tan with one credit B|
That leaves just MoF and UFO to 1cc, then I'll move on to hard mode clearing

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #951 on: February 24, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »
EoSD (Lunatic) Stage 5 No Deaths No Bombs. I have a replay to boot, but I'll be uploading the stage by itself because... I didn't 1cc.
And uploaded, processed, etc.

YT FPS conversion is messing around again; I should really get around to experimenting and fixing it soon.

Murdered a CPU ... Tewi in PoFV. Why can't I upload my replay here though ? :(
Because it goes here?
<>

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #952 on: February 24, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
And uploaded, processed, etc.

YT FPS conversion is messing around again; I should really get around to experimenting and fixing it soon.
I know we have a sticky for this, but what's the exact problem?  Slowdown (basically half the correct playback rate) but it retains audio sync, dropping frames to make it 30 FPS, or something else?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #953 on: February 24, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »
Thing is, the video (file) I have sitting on my PC right now plays back perfectly fine with absolutely no form of frame jerking. Upon uploading to YT (and subsequently checking it there), various parts of the video start jerking for reasons I cannot answer in complete confidence.

...I have a very small nagging feeling coming from the "back of my head" telling me that it's something to do with the "59.82"-60.00 FPS converting to 30 FPS difference (Note that I use the Vsync patch to set it to 60 FPS). Though, I'm more inclined at this point to "blame" it on something else, even if I don't know what it is.

EDIT: Slight fixes / clarification.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:56:32 AM by Baity »
<>

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #954 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »
Thing is, the video (file) I have sitting on my PC right now plays back perfectly fine with absolutely no form of frame jerking. Upon uploading to YT (and subsequently checking it there), various parts of the video start jerking for reasons I cannot answer in complete confidence.

...I have a very small nagging feeling coming from the "back of my head" telling me that it's something to do with the "59.82"-60.00 FPS converting to 30 FPS difference (Note that I use the Vsync patch to set it to 60 FPS). Though, I'm more inclined at this point to "blame" it on something else, even if I don't know what it is.

EDIT: Slight fixes / clarification.
Hmmm...I might try rebooting into Linux where my video encoding stuff is at (the Windows partition doesn't have enough space for videos anyway) and try encoding/uploading IN's Extra stage to Youtube and see if I get anything odd with it.  The main difference is that the FPS shows between 60-62 on this video so it might not be as obvious as jerking around.  I personally didn't notice anything from simply dropping half the frames during playback.

The source video is lossless H.264 @ 60 FPS (640 x 480) so I'm uploading that first and letting Youtube process it to see if there's any easily noticeable difference, then uploading the scaled and bordered version afterwards.  Since it's kind of late I'll mess with the rest tomorrow since it's got over an hour to go on the upload :V

Results will be posted in the more appropriate thread.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Formless God

« Reply #955 on: February 24, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
Failed to update database with information for replay. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'vs1, "", 0, 0, 0, 50.5, "", "th9_udFd06.rpy" )' at line 2 $sql = INSERT INTO th_replay ( rep_user, rep_pass, rep_game, rep_char, rep_diff, rep_type, rep_stage, rep_challenge, rep_cleared, rep_score, rep_slow, rep_comments, rep_file) VALUES ( "Formless God", '92354f4948adf3445177d94de9f5edd0', 9, '', 4, 2 vs1, "", 0, 0, 0, 50.5, "", "th9_udFd06.rpy" )

><

And what do you mean by rep_slow=50.5 ? Oo

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #956 on: February 24, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
yay, I beat PoFV extra mode with komachi. shikieiki's mode is just freaking rape though. I'm sure i'll never be able to cut through that.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #957 on: February 24, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
yay, I beat PoFV extra mode with komachi. shikieiki's mode is just freaking rape though. I'm sure i'll never be able to cut through that.

Ho I just beat it with shiki. Lunasa is buggy for me...but...I didn't saved the replay for obvious reasons

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #958 on: February 24, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »
Did a timeout of "Killing Doll".

Was at a crap rank I think though, I wish there was a way to keep the rank fixed at max.
(inb4don'tdie)

From what I remember, Shiki's extra was waaaay easier than Komachi's. If you can beat Komachi's, you can beat Shiki's.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:13:01 PM by Jaimers »

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #959 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
I spent months and months and finally last night I defeated everyone (EXCEPT AYA) in PoFV, Lunatic Match Mode.
Note:
Yuka is the weakest.
Cirno may be idiotic, but she knows how to graze.
Never use Yuka against Medicine.
Spam LV2 at Reimu's face.
Youmu is easy to graze, but LV4 at her boss spell.
Shikieiki... I don't know how I did that.

Never, never, NEVER touch Aya, I dunno about Tool Assist Thingie but I doubt if that shit can beat her.